Guess we can forget about the bone mission and punys

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I killed 50+ punys this morning and got a total of 4 bones. Moreover the only loot I got other than frags was ammo. Hunted Allos and Exors at the gateway and cagas and berys at Icarus. If MA is trying to run off new players this may do the trick. I can not see how a new player could get lucky and break close to even without getting something in loot other than frags and ammo. I hope someone has got some other type of loot but I sure didn't. Being new is hard enough without this IMO.

I don't know how it was recently (especially how it was in Gateway, where the droprate is supposedly higher), but from what I heard from my disciple a couple of months back, around Icarus it was about 1 bone in 10 mobs. When the bones were just introduced, I experienced about the same rate. Maybe you just had a lucky period and now it went back to normal? :)

Perhaps will do a test run on them.

I don't know how it was recently (especially how it was in Gateway, where the droprate is supposedly higher), but from what I heard from my disciple a couple of months back, around Icarus it was about 1 bone in 10 mobs. When the bones were just introduced, I experienced about the same rate. Maybe you just had a lucky period and now it went back to normal? :)

Perhaps will do a test run on them.

Did a test run and it seems to be about 1 in 20 now. But that is not the big problem IMO, at the gateway and Icarus the only loot that I received was ammo and frags. I am going to finish a 25 ped run and see what the results are. One other thing, the punys at Icarus are now double in hit points, from 10 to 20.

I just finished collecting 10k bones, still trying to sell them...
I cant say they are all that hard to find. just requires a lot of grinding.

unless this is a change in the last few days

I just went back to the gateway and did a quick test. I'd say it was about 1 bone per 10 mobs, but it wasn't an exhaustive test. I tend to go closer to the exit than the entrance, though.

I finished a 2 hour test and it seems that the 1 in 10 is about right. However seemed like I got more no looters than before but maybe not. But I only get a few skulls, a couple of guns and ammo in loot. No residue or hides. The funny thing is I got one of those puny's globals of 17 ped and it was 172K in ammo. The most I have ever got in an HOF was 148K. Here's what crazy. I went over hunted a few longtooths and we got a small HOF on a boss and I got 782K in ammo:scratch2:. To me that is just strange. I guess MA figures if you have the ammo you will just burn it up.

I guess everything is ok just different and I am always worry things that get different all of a sudden, but that's just me. Sorry to think the sky is falling:).

MAybe it is an attempt to rebalance MU by dropping less Materials ? For me it is hard to say as i cannot play at the moment until next week. It would be nice to see more tests on this.

MAybe it is an attempt to rebalance MU by dropping less Materials ? For me it is hard to say as i cannot play at the moment until next week. It would be nice to see more tests on this.

Killed couple of LT's myselfe and the usual oil stuff still drops alot. But if it is a start of rebalancing hunting drops, it's a step in the right direction :)

My sister made the 1k mission

from 1000 kills (trip-bery-caut) she got about 123 bones

that's pre-VU

Last edited:
Here's what crazy. I went over hunted a few longtooths and we got a small HOF on a boss and I got 782K in ammo:scratch2:. To me that is just strange. I guess MA figures if you have the ammo you will just burn it up.

I had a 429 PED Maffoid HoF yesterday, all BLP ammo. :D

No idea what's going on.

I am OK with dropping ammo in shared loot but I don't think MA should do it when hunting a non-shared loot mob. It doesn't give the player any chance of looting a rare item or items with a decent MU. I hope this in not signaling that drops of rare items or high MU items are on the way out.

Back