5K Skill Buff Weekend!

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Let's celebrate 5000 Facebook likes!

Since the first post on Entropia Universe's Facebook page on January 22 2013 we have reached an ever expanding audience with News, Tips & Tricks, status information and popular Event adverts.

Now we are closing in on a new milestone, the 5000 Likes line!

To celebrate this we want to invite you all to a special Skill Buff Weekend event.

This Skill Buff event will start on

• Friday June 27 at 10.00 UTC
and end on
  • Monday June 30 10.00 UTC.

The skill buff feature will be active on all planets in Entropia Universe as well as in Space.

How it works:

Skill Buffing allows your Avatar to gain skills with a bonus factor for a limited time period. The Buff is automatically triggered while playing to give you a bonus increase in one of the skills involved in your current activity. The strength and duration of the Skill Buff you receive is also dependent of the level of your recent activity. This feature gives you an extra edge to your game-play and allows your activity in Entropia Universe to pay off in skill gains faster. This weekend we increase the strength and the chance of getting the Skill Bonus.

The Skill Bonus Buff symbols will become visible in the Dashboard, by default in the lower right part of your screen. Hovering over the symbols will show the Type and Strength of the Skill Bonus you will get during the Buff period. The Buff symbols appearance differ by the kind of Skill Buff you have received. The Skill Bonus event will be active on all planets inside Entropia Universe and in Space.

Hope you can join us in the celebration! See you inworld!

Originally Posted Here

Great, Could always use MA giving a little back.

awesome thanks! :yay:

5k likes? I didnt think there were 5k players :laugh: Well its good as I was planning to play all this weekend anyway so am happy now :ahh:

I rarely stay without a skill bonus for more than 20 min during a hunt, with this buff I'm probably going to bath in bonuses :yay:

I miss the old Double skill weekends, where every single skillgain you got was doubled.. Ran around with TT melee weapons just go gain hp quick :D

i just wish the skills would actually add value to the esis

Ooh neat, time to get some MF skills up then. :D

Can we get any more specific information on this?
I went 1 week hunting on Ark with 0 skillboosts.
Since then (back on Caly), i've mostly gotten some 8-16% skillboosts for 5 mins every 12 hours or so.

So, now i'm gonna get a 16-32% bonus for 10 minutes every day? If i happen to get one?

Edit: Oh, yeah, i mostly used some cheapass lvl 60+ weapons, if lvl's count.

Looking forward to it, thanks!

sweet@ Thanks MA!! Hope I get a 5000% boost for 5 hours!!!!!!!:eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Anyone seen this skill buff?? Is there a sign that its started??

started

got 1 191% blp weap @5min a while ago on longtooth's

Seems like we've 0.5x the skillboost of normal times instead of 2.0x lol

I'm just guessing here, but I think the chances of getting a skill boost is still the same as before.

However, if you do get it now, the "amount" boosted (%) that you get might be way higher than before this event started.

Then again, the chances of getting the skill boost is "directly" related to how much peds your spending. :lolup:

i had 6 buffs, 5 of them were in the 30% range, more annoying than helpful...

i had 6 buffs, 5 of them were in the 30% range, more annoying than helpful...

Most of mine before the skill bonus weekend were over 100%. Now nearly all are around the same a little over 30%......

yea nothing special with this buff weekend 30 % buffs now instead 100 % before so 3 times more often but 3 times lower % so same thing lol

What did double for sure is enhancer breaking... this is getting ridiculous!

What did double for sure is enhancer breaking... this is getting ridiculous!

IDK if doubled but sure my eyes were getting annoyed by the lots of break msg's

This forum is for whiners united, I had tons of skillbuffs and more then regular days.....

Have not had one enhancer break.

Did not realize this was going to be another spendy event. It sounded like everyone was going to have a constant buff.

Am I the only player left never to have gotten a skill buff ever?

[sarcastic]must have taken a long time to create all those facebook accounts to get that many likes.[/sarcastic]

While we talking about social media when the hell is the twitter feed going to be fixed? It's rapidly approaching two years since EU added a tweet to my feed.

Last edited:
Best one so far, 209% - 7 minutes.

Mostly I do not really care about these skill boosts.
But what strikes me is that I never get one for my dmg skills.

Get's a bit annoying to see the gap between my hit and dmg levels getting bigger.
The problem with this is, on one weapon I have sib for dmg, the other weapon for hit.

BLP and Sniper Hit are at level 77 now.
While the dmg levels for blp and laser are now at lvl 73.

And this gap is getting bigger even though I know mostly skill pistoleer.

I know BLP Weaponry Technology and Laser Weaponry Technology both add to the dmg levels.
That puzzles me, as the hit levels seem to go a lot faster.

Looks to me that these skill boost through these levels off balance.

Maybe Mindark should look into this and introduce the boost for dmg levels too ? :scratch2:

Last edited:
Its pretty typical to have hit higher than dmg, I'm at 78.8 / 73.8 exactly 5 levels apart. Obviously chipping in would equalise it, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Enjoy the skillboosts, I like the animation and the frantic shooting for 8 minutes when you get one! :)

What I saw for the first time today was two different boosts at the same time (brawler and laser weapons).

Best one so far, 209% - 7 minutes.

Mostly I do not really care about these skill boosts.
But what strikes me is that I never get one for my dmg skills.

Get's a bit annoying to see the gap between my hit and dmg levels getting bigger.
The problem with this is, on one weapon I have sib for dmg, the other weapon for hit.

BLP and Sniper Hit are at level 77 now.
While the dmg levels for blp and laser are now at lvl 73.

And this gap is getting bigger even though I know mostly skill pistoleer.

I know BLP Weaponry Technology and Laser Weaponry Technology both add to the dmg levels.
That puzzles me, as the hit levels seem to go a lot faster.

Looks to me that these skill boost through these levels off balance.

Maybe Mindark should look into this and introduce the boost for dmg levels too ? :scratch2:

once you unlock killstrike your dmg will easily past your hit and it'll be something like 85 dmg 82 hit and you'll probably want more hit at that point.

Back