Question: Would you tier your Armor?

qamori

Stalker
Q Perv A
How many of you have a armor set sitting at x.9 Tier but will not tier it because its not cost effective?
I am thinking that the majority of people have pieces of armor that could be tiered but dont do it because of cost vs defence increase.
Wouldn't it be better for both parts if the cost went down or if the defence increased according to cost? Because more people would tier!

Would you prefer a lower tier cost or a higher tier benefit?
Post any armor pieces that you have at x.9

Armors pieces I have at x.9:
-Dark Knight of Arkadia 5 pieces at tier 1.9 and 1 piece at 2.9
-Vain 3 pieces at 1.9 and 3 pieces at 2.9
-Shadow gloves and Harness at 3.9

Total tier costs : Around 20k ped
Tier cost including the already tiered : 35k ped

I've never tiered armor. My gremlin set and my adj pixie set are both at 0.9. It's not just that there's little benefit in tiering armor, it's that there's little reason to use UL armor in present game.

Kind of fits together with this.

I have all 7 pieces of my imperial hazen set sitting at 0.9 but at the current cost to tier it, it is certainly not worth doing.

Fortunately for me, I cant afford stuff that I cant afford to tier :p

I think that top end items should have a premium for tiering, but that they should also be within balance and possible to achieve.

I am sure if I owned top end gear I would sing a different tune though :p

I have all 7 pieces of my imperial hazen set sitting at 0.9 but at the current cost to tier it, it is certainly not worth doing.

My comment is a little off topic, but this is probably the only set I never saw ( besides pics)

I tier all my cheap to tier armors (all 30+ sets) cause I want the skill :) I'd not tier anything that would cost more then 200 ped to tier, maybe a really nice fap...

I tier all my cheap to tier armors (all 30+ sets) cause I want the skill :) I'd not tier anything that would cost more then 200 ped to tier, maybe a really nice fap...

your response doesnt count because you are an armor whore :laugh:

I have tiered and will tier all armor I have.

For me, no question with low level armors, have always tiered em w/o thinking much, simply cuz it's so cheap.
With Medium and High-end stuff the first tiers are cost effective if u hardcore player. But, the higher u go the worse it gets. Have to decide where's the right balance point.
Also, there's no point to tier if u might sell it - ppl tend to buy just an armor piece and don't care much about the tiers, will be hard to get your investment back.

I like to tier armor to use economy enhancers on it. My two best and most used sets are Gremlin & Jaguar, and I tier those. I probably would with any set, even expensive uber stuff.

I am tiering my emine armor as I go but mostly because it is not that high to tier and the next armor upgrade for me is going to be awhile unless I hit a ath that is.

I like to tier armor to use economy enhancers on it. My two best and most used sets are Gremlin & Jaguar, and I tier those. I probably would with any set, even expensive uber stuff.

Believe me, I want to tier mine...
But if you look at tier 3 for a jaguar costs 400 ped, tier 3 for DK is 17,000 ped (19k with MU)

But if you look at tier 3 for a jaguar costs 400 ped, tier 3 for DK is 17,000 ped

What is markup on a peice of jag? (not much these days)
What is markup on a peice of DK?

If the tiering costs fall in line within a similar ratio to the value prices, then I don't have a problem with it.

If balanced it should force you to decide between tiering jag up or buying tier 0 angel, teiring angle up high or buying tier 0 shadow, tiering shadow up or buying DK.

Obviously simplified, but tiering should allow you to take a cheaper armor and make it almost as good as the next lvl of armors for a 'similar' price (very loosely)

The choice for you with someone with top end armor should be "Do I spend the high costs to tier my armor, or do I let someone with a lower level armor play at the same level as my by tiering up what they have?"

edit: go with male prices since F and M tiering costs should be the same.

But if you look at tier 3 for a jaguar costs 400 ped, tier 3 for DK is 17,000 ped (19k with MU)

DK: 214 total
Jaguar : 105 total

These are not in the same world. And increased protection increases tier costs considerably. Just look at Knight vs Jaguar tier costs where there is also a 2x difference.

Now that's just nutz, would be tough for most ppl to tier 7 pieces at that cost, but to the OP's question, I tier when it's affordable for my (UL) armor and always use enhancers of 1 sort or another on (L) pieces.

I agree tiering costs need to fall as we spend enough on tier enhancers. Suggest they make it cheaper to Tier armour as it's not worth the protection benefit for the cost. Also no Player is willing to pay a previous players tiering costs, so you lose money in tiering.

merrymayhem harness tier 2.9, it cost about 700 ish peds to tier to 3 but for the last 4 months now mining is slowly eating my pedcard with a strange 80% return i cant seem to shake, should i suddenly get back to 90% tt return, i will tier all items that need tiering in my storage.

Yes I am steadily upgrading the Viceroy Armour but was Very Surprised that I got the HOF For tier upgrading this on the F avatar to the Tier 1 Level.

I view it as a little mission now to carry on tearing this I also purchased the full noob kit so with the main reason of been able to tier upgrade these armors and the weapons as well.

They weren't too bad tearing costs from memory but If I was to go on to bigger Armour / Bigger items I dont think I would I am not a fan of L but would rather use an L Armour for stuff my other sets cant handle.

I prefer to see my peds spent on ammo / probes & skilling

I tier the armor when I get the opportunity. The ones that are most likely to be tiered is ghost, viking and hunter ME, so it's not a nightmarish cost for me. For Hunter ME, a few parts have a bit bad tier values, so it goes up pretty slow. I also have a hoplite armor that's a goal for tiering but there the problem is finding a good mob to tier it up on (a mob dealing low:ish damage so I don't have to spend alot of PEDs for fapping, or during big game hunt with modfapper).

A part of the headache is just things like getting 13 ganganite ingots - paying 200% or so for a small amount of materials gets expensive in the end.

An item which is at ?.9, ready for tiering, is my MF-106, which COSTs a few hundred PEDs to tier up. As I'm not a pro miner and I'm currently not having any enhancers on it I'm waiting for now.

What is markup on a peice of jag? (not much these days)
What is markup on a peice of DK?

Yes DK has a bigger MU than Jag, but my point on making it cost effective.

Example: (defensive gains are just a example of how to make it fair or cost effective)

Jag tier 1 costs 30 ped and gains 1 defensive point of each
Suprem costs 900 ped and gains 4 defensive point of each

Lets say at tier 2 a DK has 50 defence on cut, it would cost 18k for tier 3 and only go to 52 cut

Last edited:
All sentinel ready to tier (again), but cost is out of proportion ... I'm not funding without ROI.

An item which is at ?.9, ready for tiering, is my MF-106, which COSTs a few hundred PEDs to tier up. As I'm not a pro miner and I'm currently not having any enhancers on it I'm waiting for now.

Same here, with my MF-106, lol.

As for armor, not tiered anything yet.

If I have to tier armor to hunt it, it's too big for me.

And for eco enhancers if I tier, let me get back to hunting alot again, and I will do the calculations to see if they are worth it for my armor.

I agree that the cost of tiering up higher level armors is absurd. I thought they were trying to lower costs to play? In fact, wasn't one of their plans to lower cost of tiering?

wasn't one of their plans to lower cost of tiering?

Then how do they compensate people that have paid current rates to tier ?

Same way they compensated people who tiered when you needed 2 items and there was a chance of one of them going "kaput" during the process.

I think they were not compensated and 100ks worth of PED mu items were lost?

They don't. It's not a bug, it's just expensive. If you don't like the current prices then you don't tier your stuff. We don't want to stop MA from improving things.

I got a optacrx armor and it costs about 300 PEDs for each part at tier 1.

I will tier it high because I guess its worth it and its nice. But if I had a smaller one like boar or something, i wouldn't even bother.

how could anyone tier their armor and feel ok about it. The costs are BEYOND normally high. they are to the point where it makes 0 sense to tier armor. I never thought I would be one of those guys with all armor sets at X.9 tier but I definitely am until they correct this situation. Kinda like how they corrected enhancers. Tier upgrades now need a similar fix.

Might be worth it for smaller armor like adj pixie if the enchancers never broke...

Back