Odd Loot

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
By odd I do not mean different or rare just odd. I was hunting punys yesterday and got one of those baby globals of 17 ped. It was 172K in ammo. Prior to that my biggest ammo loot was 148K and that was in a decent HOF, above 1K. Here's the kicker later in the day I was hunting LTs around Jurra and we got to the Boss (old Fred) and got small HOF and I received 782K in ammo. I was very happy with the loot just found it odd that MA would give that much ammo and not oil or hides or an item. Makes me wonder what their up to:scratch::)

By odd I do not mean different or rare just odd. I was hunting punys yesterday and got one of those baby globals of 17 ped. It was 172K in ammo. Prior to that my biggest ammo loot was 148K and that was in a decent HOF, above 1K. Here's the kicker later in the day I was hunting LTs around Jurra and we got to the Boss (old Fred) and got small HOF and I received 782K in ammo. I was very happy with the loot just found it odd that MA would give that much ammo and not oil or hides or an item. Makes me wonder what their up to:scratch::)

Might have to do with people complaining about loot distribution...how a special item goes to one person and everyone else loses. I helped kill Old Fred and got ammo too. Guess we get what we ask for.

MA Giveth, MA Taketh away

Limited Items shouldn't be in shared loot.. creates too much variance unless extremely special ul stuff. Tokens ammo and oils components etc should be all that is allowed.

Azzah and Ms pudding got a 10k hof in blp ammo.. so it is possible.

Last Huusk was all ammo in loot. some theory that there is some problem in the loot distribution algo, but as usual MA is like "lalalala i dont hear you"

This is a good thing for a number of reasons.

• It helps to prevent markup on certain items and materials going down the toilet during an event (and often staying there for months afterwards).
  • It makes loot distribution on shared mobs more equitable.
  • It means that higher level players will be less likely to grind puny mobs for bones, providing more opportunity for genuine new players to do so.

friend of mine got a 300+ hof on maffoid of just blp ammo something is wrong with the loot system. just dont hunt for now

The crappy thing about ammo loot is there is no mark up. The way these shared loots go is I suspect not balanced well. I think there should be two sets of LT spawns. One for shared loot and one for solo hunters.

An increase in ammo loot "should" result in a nice increase in oil MU, so there is that to look forward to.

I'm not seeing any change in any of the mobs I've hunted on RT since the VU (zombie biker prospects, vampire chicks, werewolves, misc. petty criminals). Two possible explanations - either
  • this is a screw-up local to Calypso,
or
  • this is universe-wide change and overhunted mobs just run out of oils / hides.
I'd hope for the latter but not sure what it is.

Suggested test: someone on Caly goes to kill some gradivore. (if nobody does, I'll do next week when I'm on Caly :))

This is a flag called "disable auto-generated loot" which can be placed on individual creatures where it makes sense. Setting the flag means that auto-generated items such as ESI's, Oils, Makeup, Paints etc won't drop on the creature, instead only ammo and specifically assigned loot items will drop.

The flag was placed on the puny creatures because it didn't make sense to spread out a few pecs here and there in various trash item stacks, it only makes the game seem more expensive than it is it TT values get spread out.

The flag was also placed on big shared loot monsters such as wave spawner bosses because players have been complaining for ages about one or two people getting high TT items and full ESI's while others getting no loot at all. These creatures can still drop combat tokens which now becomes a more common occurence since the TT value can't be used to fill up big L items etc.

The flag was also placed on big shared loot monsters such as wave spawner bosses because players have been complaining for ages about one or two people getting high TT items and full ESI's while others getting no loot at all. These creatures can still drop combat tokens which now becomes a more common occurence since the TT value can't be used to fill up big L items etc.

It's a good change, people complaint a lot about the shared loot thing where only one or two guys get everything. I think it's fair, no MU on ammo but very nice MU on tokens so it compensates.

But I'm affraid, knowing the people arround, soon they will want the "old thing" back. And when you give it to them they will want this one back, and so on.

It's a neverending cycle of drama.

From "design your own loot" thread:
There are literally infinite good ways to do this but a few important guidelines are:
  • loot is differentiated by mob, and to a lesser extent, maturity.
  • A few "filler" stackables make up 90+% of every loot except rare high multipliers. Whether this is ammo, wool, common paint or meat is unimportant, but wool, bones, meat and one type of hide makes the most sense. This is necessary if any of the drops are to be rare enough to support a markup.
  • UL item drops tied to active population of each planet and exceedingly rare. Tiering reverted to what it was and should have remained: an item sink.
  • The components for weapon crafting added back to loot
  • etc

An increase in ammo loot "should" result in a nice increase in oil MU, so there is that to look forward to.

That's step 2, now we just need 1, 3 and 4...

Even if this change is just for big boss mobs it's a good idea.

By odd I do not mean different or rare just odd. I was hunting punys yesterday and got one of those baby globals of 17 ped. It was 172K in ammo.

Most of the loot from the punies around Camp Icarus is also ammo.

Ah, nevermind, I saw it was explained.

(I don't really complain about the change, it's just that this kind of change in loots were a bit unexpected. It was almost as if there was something wrong with loot server and loot got filled up by ammo stacks.)

Good thing with the combat tokens, maybe in a long run it will make them more availible in loots to more hunters (not just during the first hours of an event).

Last edited:
Good comment by Kim and good discussion by all. I really don't mind this change and as was said its intent is to stop one or 2 people from getting a high priced item(s) and the rest get junk when hunting shared loot mobs. My only complaint is when you get ammo you shoot it up so you have nothing to sell :eyecrazy:

MA doing what the players asked for? Sky is falling!

Seriously though, it's a good move :D and thank you for clarifying it Kim :D

This is a flag called "disable auto-generated loot" which can be placed on individual creatures where it makes sense. Setting the flag means that auto-generated items such as ESI's, Oils, Makeup, Paints etc won't drop on the creature, instead only ammo and specifically assigned loot items will drop.

The flag was placed on the puny creatures because it didn't make sense to spread out a few pecs here and there in various trash item stacks, it only makes the game seem more expensive than it is it TT values get spread out.

Instead of droping puzzle piece here and there MA shall reveal officialy how loot works to cut off all speculations once and for all on many levels starting from at "I get only ammo OMG!!! " to "this is gambling". Transparency in this matter always worls beter and brings more customers.

FINALLY THANK YOU!!!!!:bowdown::cheer::clap::dance::hug::king::headbang::love::thumbup::tiphat::banana::drool::tux::woohoo::shower:

Instead of droping puzzle piece here and there MA shall reveal officialy how loot works to cut off all speculations once and for all on many levels starting from at "I get only ammo OMG!!! " to "this is gambling". Transparency in this matter always worls beter and brings more customers.

I guess the balance can be hard, but there must be a way to explain stuff a bit more
than what is mentioned today.
Not sure if some part of the community could handle that thou'...:D

I believe that MA did give some explanation some time ago but I can't find the link, maybe Kim could remember. Anyway I don't think a full explanation is in order only because that may enable some of the really smart people to figure out a hack. I think the post I just mentioned was enough even though it was a bit general it still gave a fairly good over view of the process. IMO.

Setting the flag means that auto-generated items such as ESI's, Oils, Makeup, Paints etc won't drop on the creature, instead only ammo and specifically assigned loot items will drop.

In Another thread there are concerns only ammo is dropping.

Just to clarify, if you hunt "normal" mobs (not bosses or punies), you would get the Classic loot (oils etc instead of ammo stacks)?

I didn't think people hunted normal mobs any more ;)

Normal mobs drop the full complement - ammo, oils and various other things. At least they do for me but it depends on your definition of normal mobs.

instead only ammo and specifically assigned loot items will drop.

it might be interesting to know how far up the mob levels this goes, we know punies have this setting but are there mobs that have it at all maturities? Because I've got a feeling that most of the level mobs now have this setting.

Last edited:
I guess the balance can be hard, but there must be a way to explain stuff a bit more
than what is mentioned today.
Not sure if some part of the community could handle that thou'...:D

...only those who can't handle truth :)

Back