Question: Creature control system...EU wide PvP?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi
Been chatting with a few mates and it suddenly dawned on us the implications of the creature control system. It does not state that these creature control capsules can only be used in battle arenas, and MindArk states in its Communication and Development Roadmap that it will be monitored closely to prevent abuse.

Basically this means:
1. A player can consume a Creature Control Capsule, become that mob and attack a player anywhere anytime
2. Once the other player is dead will they be lootable? One assumes so when there is a HOF list now ready in the HOF tables.
3. Essentially the whole EU platform becomes PvP.

If the whole game becomes PvP (Player controlled mob vs player) MA is going to have a major issue with abuse and how can they regulate it when it is a system wide feature? I know some MMOs are totally PvP, but if this is the case, lootable PvP must be restricted to the battle arenas or it will be the death of the economy.

I hope they have thought this through. Kim|Calypso as the Calypso man who works at MA, your input would be appreciated.

Cheers
Bjorn

The HOF board is for killing sprees. So no , no lootable pvp.

But yes, you will most probably be able to attack players anywhere. I am personally fine with that, and I am really looking forward. It's gonna be fun! :D

Support Case:

After i used my grenade launcher at Camp Icarus there's a herd of chirpies constantly harrassing me. They keep coming back. Please help!

The HOF board is for killing sprees. So no , no lootable pvp.

But yes, you will most probably be able to attack players anywhere. I am personally fine with that, and I am really looking forward. It's gonna be fun! :D

Nothing better than to kill few noobs after work disquised as a mob :laugh:
may be give them few pecs after that for the trouble :laugh:

lot of speculation in this thread...
Creature Control System Stage 1 - (Planned for June 2014 Release)

You may already be aware of a new feature introduced not long ago which allows officials and planet partners to control various creatures during special events. This system will be extended to participants in the form of Creature Control Capsules, consumable items that will allow you to transform your avatar into a specific creature for a limited time. This fun feature will be made available exclusively through the loot system, and will be monitored closely to prevent abuse.

Nowhere in the above statement do I see anything about being able to loot others when you are a creature. I can't see them making it lootable pvp unless it's in a lootable pvp zone, in which case it's simply an alteration in appearance, much like it is now if you wear one of the few rare mob costumes that exist in game. HOF board is likely just for the battle arenas?

Basically this means:
1. A player can consume a Creature Control Capsule, become that mob and attack a player anywhere anytime
2. Once the other player is dead will they be lootable? One assumes so when there is a HOF list now ready in the HOF tables.
3. Essentially the whole EU platform becomes PvP.

1) Yes, thats correct.

2) The user controled creature drops loot just like a regular creature, perhaps in the future with a modifier to give even more loot as they can be harder to kill. On the other hand the user controled mob can never loot an avatar that it kills. Think of it like a regular creature just that its a bit smarter.

3) Yes, but these capsules aren't that common.

1) Yes, thats correct.

2) The user controled creature drops loot just like a regular creature, perhaps in the future with a modifier to give even more loot as they can be harder to kill. On the other hand the user controled mob can never loot an avatar that it kills. Think of it like a regular creature just that its a bit smarter.

what if the possesed mob ... log out .. at 5% health :laugh:

1) Yes, thats correct.

Hi Kim, thanks for the reply here.
Well, I'd expect the capsules to be common enough overall to be used in concentrated form in certain areas, such as lootable pvp, possibly as a 'mob teammate' maybe?

Also, what is to prevent the mob from becoming 'more stupid' and being killed at lower cost by a 'friend'?

What constitutes 'abuse' of the game mechanics !!!!!!? It's good that you say things will be closely monitored, but I would HOPE that you can do whatever you like with the creatures within the game mechanics that have been programmed. For example: if you take control just for your friend to get an easy kill, then fine (that is how you have chosen to 'spend' your capsule).

I see this is being promoted as a 'fun' feature accessed via loot capsules exclusively. I guess my final question to hopefully be answered sometime is: will the capsules be tradeable or auctionable?
Thanks Kim :)

Hi Kim, thanks for the reply here.
Well, I'd expect the capsules to be common enough overall to be used in concentrated form in certain areas, such as lootable pvp, possibly as a 'mob teammate' maybe?

Also, what is to prevent the mob from becoming 'more stupid' and being killed at lower cost by a 'friend'?

What constitutes 'abuse' of the game mechanics !!!!!!? It's good that you say things will be closely monitored, but I would HOPE that you can do whatever you like with the creatures within the game mechanics that have been programmed. For example: if you take control just for your friend to get an easy kill, then fine (that is how you have chosen to 'spend' your capsule).

I see this is being promoted as a 'fun' feature accessed via loot capsules exclusively. I guess my final question to hopefully be answered sometime is: will the capsules be tradeable or auctionable?
Thanks Kim :)

I guess the price of the CC capsul will make it imposible to gain any advantage. If there is not an event where most kills wins or something. Mery mayhem where you pay 100 people to posses mobs ans stand in line for u to kill them.

1) Yes, thats correct.

nice :)

2) ... Think of it like a regular creature just that its a bit smarter.

Only a bit? :laugh:

I think this is truly awesome, gonna be amusing as hell

Let chaos ensue! :tongue2:

only way to control that would be make it not cost effective for the person buying the pill, ie the pill is worth more than the loot, other wise everyone would be exploiting like mad :duh:

---------

1 question - will the possessed mob have regen?

Last edited:
will the possessed mob have regen?
Hehe, good thinking.
Seriously doubt anybody would start tweaking the stats of all the mobs. So most likely u'll get what u see. Daikiba is daikiba and spider a normal spider.
Combine the natural hi-regen of a spider or evisc with the evasive maneuvers of the possessed mob - the result is a monster that's extremely hard to fight (provided the player "inside" knows how to move).

Interesting times ahead. :yup:

Really looking forward to the extra MU in loot for these pills, though come to think of it I'll probably never sell any I loot :)

They'll change the dynamics of the game but that's not a bad thing.

Fucking swedes, when they should be working, they watch retarded pokemons and get these retarded ideas,....FML, this isnt the entropia we signed for,...

After seeing that 95% of ubers we knew from entropia's early > mid days have just plain dissapeared, cashed out or are in process of cashing out...

What does that tell you about the changes MA has made so far?

TBH, if someone would be presented with pure FACTS - in this game's language - NUMBERS;
player count + activity before the numerous retard changes and after - that someone's perception would certainly be that the changes and effects of changes are NEGATIVE and NOTHING ELSE.

This is a fact none of us can dispute.

Be my guest and try to prove me wrong...

p.s.: even if loot volatility has indeed changed,...what does that tell you about HOW MANY / MORE people were playing EU and SPENDING PED (not hoarding! you fkn CLD whores) that every day a 20k atrox if not 2 were on the hof list - along with other hofs...

Last edited:
Well, i noticed the CEO has changed. Maybe somebody looked at the numbers...? :scratch2:

Well, i noticed the CEO has changed. Maybe somebody looked at the numbers...? :scratch2:

Well the old CEO was promoted to Vice Chairman. His day to day now consists of being the CEO of Calypso which is the primary revenue stream for MindArk and thus the most important part of the company. The Chairman is actually the head of MindArk and is also the primary share holder.

Combine the natural hi-regen of a spider or evisc with the evasive maneuvers of the possessed mob - the result is a monster that's extremely hard to fight (provided the player "inside" knows how to move).

Interesting times ahead. :yup:

There has been no word yet about flying and swimming creatures, but I suspect a possessed Diripi would be impossible to hit altogether. Now that would be a PITA, literally. :laugh:

They'll probably start with only medium-sized land creatures, however.

* ermik eats capsule *

tadaaaa! spawn Hussk.

Let Playerbase shoot until 5% hp left

*crawls to turret*

game over

Kim would it be legal to use the capsule and let a group of players sweat you without damage? What about a single player? Is that an exploit?

Kim would it be legal to use the capsule and let a group of players sweat you without damage? What about a single player? Is that an exploit?

That would be a huge waste of ped, since capsules wont be cheap :)

Assuming they do not have a time limit, sweat creature dry then do whatever you originally planned to do after. No waste lol

1) Yes, thats correct.

It sound's interesting but i don't get the point? If you can't loot the players you attack why would you waste an uncommon capsule in the first place or bother attacking with nothing but a loss if you get killed.

I think it would pretty cool to have a rampant capsule and the lucky player who loots one can become a rampant mob attacking and looting people anywhere but he can't store the loot :) then the player that takes out the mob gets a nice pay packet but if the rampant mob player survives the capsules timer he gets all the loot he got from attacking, could also make it become shared loot once his looted amount goes over a threshold.

I guess it'll all become clearer when it's here but it does sound interesting for sure.

I think it would pretty cool to have a rampant capsule and the lucky player who loots one can become a rampant mob attacking and looting people anywhere but he can't store the loot :) then the player that takes out the mob gets a nice pay packet but if the rampant mob player survives the capsules timer he gets all the loot he got from attacking, could also make it become shared loot once his looted amount goes over a threshold.

Don't take this personally but this is very, very stupid idea.

Majority of people would not want to be attacked and looted during 'normal' hunting/mining/standing-and-waiting-for-trade/whatever-other-activity.
Can you imagine shape shifting in Twins AH, looting few crafters and guys who put hunting loot to storage then run outside, killing few traders and then running away to be killed by friend and share loot?

It's just asking for trouble, please rethink your ideas before posting them.

Don't take this personally but this is very, very stupid idea.

Majority of people would not want to be attacked and looted during 'normal' hunting/mining/standing-and-waiting-for-trade/whatever-other-activity.
Can you imagine shape shifting in Twins AH, looting few crafters and guys who put hunting loot to storage then run outside, killing few traders and then running away to be killed by friend and share loot?

It's just asking for trouble, please rethink your ideas before posting them.

MA do it, why cant i?

But seriously Mr Killjoy, it's an idea off the cuff, i am hardly going to sit here and write a manifesto on a idea that popped into my head. Why so serious :)

I would imagine you would not be able to sweat a player controlled mob. I doubt the amount collected would not be enough to compensate for the pill.

I would imagine you would not be able to sweat a player controlled mob. I doubt the amount collected would not be enough to compensate for the pill.

Assuming they do not have a time limit, sweat creature dry then do whatever you originally planned to do after. No waste or compensation needed...

Back