HardWrath

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Max HardWrath Mayhem
Where are melee amps?

<< deleted rest of post before posting >>

Now that is something I would like to see.:yup:

You got tiers the first decade... Maybe melee amps will come the next.

Let's just wait for the devs to reply

In case you've missed it, Kim posted:
Since you are here ... melee amps are coming in platform update, or are already in game?
I don't know, platform development took control of amplifiers in order to avoid duplicates being made across the various planets. It is up to them to introduce additional items in that category.

Where are melee amps?

Sorry, I think I left them behind my sofa. I will have a look later. If the dog has swallowed it, you may have to wait a while before I get it back from the dog :(

:tongue2:

In case you've missed it, Kim posted:

No Serica, I did not miss it.

Posted 5-29-14 by the CEO of MindArk

Re: Melee Amps

Hi,

I understand Melee amps are ready for deployment, Im not sure of the details but I will try and make a statement asap once I get further information.

David

And then this was on 5-30-14 by Joakim... his position in Calypso is not known to me.

Hello people!

Melee amps will be introduced in our next Calypso VU.

Have a nice weekend :)

For a year we have been getting jerked around as promise after promise gets broken with melee amps while they get passed back and forth between the scheduled Planet update and Platform update. It gives the appearance of complete dysfunction and it's unacceptable because a lot of us spent thousands of dollars on melee weapons and gaining melee skills based exclusively on the promises made here on this forum by the Devs about melee amps coming. Over and over we are told they will be in the next VU, no the next VU, don't worry they will be in the next VU, etc.

Now rumors are swirling that the CTO has become the new CEO and if that's true, then the first VU of his new job, he decided to screw over participants just so he could have his way.

I don't know, platform development took control of amplifiers in order to avoid duplicates being made across the various planets. It is up to them to introduce additional items in that category.

The whole argument of whether or not melee amps should be a Planet or Platform update is complete nonsense because regardless of which update they come in, or what names they are called on each planet, MindArk exclusively controls balance and drop rates.

When the CEO posts and says that the melee amps are ready for deployment that means they are done, all the details are sorted out, it's complete, and ready to be introduced.

How long now have melee amps been complete sitting there collecting virtual dust? How many other completed systems are sitting on the shelf? How does stupid stuff like Dead Mob Sparkles get implemented before melee amps? Where the hell are melee amps??????

Last edited:
No Serica, I did not miss it.

Posted 5-29-14 by the CEO of MindArk

And then this was on 5-30-14 by Joakim... his position in Calypso is not known to me.

For a year we have been getting jerked around as promise after promise gets broken with melee amps while they get passed back and forth between the scheduled Planet update and Platform update. It gives the appearance of complete dysfunction and it's unacceptable because a lot of us spent thousands of dollars on melee weapons and gaining melee skills based exclusively on the promises made here on this forum by the Devs about melee amps coming. Over and over we are told they will be in the next VU, no the next VU, don't worry they will be in the next VU, etc.

Now rumors are swirling that the CTO has become the new CEO and if that's true, then the first VU of his new job, he decided to screw over participants just so he could have his way.

The whole argument of whether or not melee amps should be a Planet or Platform update is complete nonsense because regardless of which update they come in, or what names they are called on each planet, MindArk exclusively controls balance and drop rates.

When the CEO posts and says that the melee amps are ready for deployment that means they are done, all the details are sorted out, it's complete, and ready to be introduced.

How long now have melee amps been complete sitting there collecting virtual dust? How many other completed systems are sitting on the shelf? How does stupid stuff like Dead Mob Sparkles get implemented before melee amps?

All of this.

Don't expect them to rush just because you want to sell your big stack of melee weapons please.

Whatever they do better late and good than soon and shitty.

Don't expect them to rush just because you want to sell your big stack of melee weapons please.

In case you haven't been reading, melee amps have been ready for implementation for a long time now.

Well, I think if the big melee amps were ready we would have them ingame. Since we dont they probably are not ready.

Unless you know more than the devs, in that case do share some info.

I also think there are much more important things to fix/implement/rework before melee amps, in all honesty.

"Ready to be deployed" does not tell us much about when those things will be deployed. If it is in the same release milestone as creature control, then melee amps will come whenever creature control arrives.

It was more than implied that they would come with this last VU. It was stated they were ready for some time now.

If they are not going to be implemented then we need a straightforward honest answer about it.
I feel screwed over by this as well as many other melee users.

I sold my higher dps blade in exchange for a higher level lower dps blade with a much faster attack speed because we had been promised amps.
I burned a ton of ped vu day crafting to get amp prints.
I haven't crafted in a long time and did it because of the promises and 1/2 promises that had been made.

Just be honest about it and tell us what is going on.

This isn't really the case. Neither one of us have a stack of melee weapons to sell. In my case, I have one that I would really like to use with better efficiency.

"Ready to be deployed" does not tell us much about when those things will be deployed.

It most certainly does when the following day Joakim posts and says melee amps will be implemented in the upcoming Calypso update.

I feel screwed over by this as well as many other melee users.

I sold my higher dps blade in exchange for a higher level lower dps blade with a much faster attack speed because we had been promised amps.
I burned a ton of ped vu day crafting to get amp prints.
I haven't crafted in a long time and did it because of the promises and 1/2 promises that had been made.

You, me, and a lot of people have been screwed over by this and this has been going on for a year now...

Melee amps were supposed to be in an update last year and on 6-22-2013 Kim posted this in a thread that was asking where melee Amps were

Due to some unforseen issues we could only include a fraction of the content originally scheduled for this release.

This content is now scheduled for the first release after the summer.

Sweet!! Melee amps are officially coming!! So me and a lot of others start buying melee items, skills, and hunting with melee, I did all of last migration with melee.

Then the first VU after summer comes and guess what? ...no melee amps

Then in September this thread was created:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?253104-Where-the-Melee-Amps

And then in November Kim wanders into the thread and posts this little gem:

Sorry, I admit to being full of shit. Still working on implementing the amps as soon as possible, there just wasn't enough time to finish them for this release.

I can go on and on but it's pointless. All that matters is that this situation is complete bullshit because over and over MA is failing to deliver on promise after promise... But that's nothing new, is it?

Want to solve player retention and start reaping the rewards of organic growth due to word of mouth? Start delivering, stop screwing around, end the dysfunction, and do what you say you will do.

You can open and close support centers in other countries, you can creat subsidiaries, you can restructure your company over and over, you can chase down new partners, buy and sell castles, change CEOs, and you can do all kinds if things but none of it matters. All that does matter is your primary revenue stream which is the Entropia Universe and the customers within. Stop ignoring us. Stop neglecting us. Stop making empty promises to us. Start making EU a priority and make it successful and through that you will be able to more easily pursue all of these side ventures.

Only when you realize that Hunting, Mining, Crafting and everything that supports those three is your only business model will you find true success as a company

Last edited:
It most certainly does when the follow day Joakim posts and says melee amps will be implemented in the upcoming Calypso update.

Possibly it might otherwise, but we know that "being developed" means "somebody wrote the system down on paper and put on a board near a programmer" ... So clearly after what david said what he said, and joakim said what he said stuff changed and here we are.

And its not like I didn't pay excessive markup for melee before the VU I thought melee amps were coming ... only to see Kim say he was full of shit ... Its just another lesson on "you can't depend on MA timing".

Well to be fair to MA, this is a pretty intense and critical time with new content coming out, it was probably in a meeting they decided "OK we'll push melee amps back too VUxxx"

Just relax they will be here, why would they try to screw you over, the amps will bring in more money etc etc

Possibly it might otherwise, but we know that "being developed" means "somebody wrote the system down on paper and put on a board near a programmer" ... So clearly after what david said what he said, and joakim said what he said stuff changed and here we are.

And its not like I didn't pay excessive markup for melee before the VU I thought melee amps were coming ... only to see Kim say he was full of shit ... Its just another lesson on "you can't depend on MA timing".

Everything you've said thus far shows you cannot read. This isn't about it being said it was being developed. It was STATED it would be in THIS VU on more than one occasion. That means, if one understands English, that it WILL be in the next VU. It isn't... and people are upset. Nothing else be said except a response from those that need to answer for another broken promise.

I can agree with you on the last sentence, however it is Calypso.. not really MA who promised it.

I dunno if this is right, I don't use melee, but don't the combat token traders have melee amps? Maybe I missed something.

I dunno if this is right, I don't use melee, but don't the combat token traders have melee amps? Maybe I missed something.

Yes the Combat Token Trader does have a few extremely low level (L) melee amps. Go ahead and figure out the economy of those amps after accounting for the markup % of combat tokens. I bought one of them and won't do it again.

They are not usable for everyday hunting and are a "token" effort to produce melee amps.

We need economical, high damage, unlimited melee amps just like we have for Laser and BLP

After that, we need MindForce amps.

These are simple things that shouldn't be difficult or complicated. All they need to do is function the same as a Dante or A106. They don't need to transfer TT value or anything else... They just need to be an amp.

But... they are coming, right?

Yes, definately.

I spent alot of ped to get weapons capable of lasting long enough, I dont need them to last longer, I need them to do more damage and be more eco. That is the point of an amp and what we have been asking for.

I really hope I misunderstand what you are saying here....

Oh they do those things as well, the decay absorbtion is just an added bonus.

They ARE promised to be here, and they ARE promised to increase both damage and eco.

the combat ones are not practical or eco at combat token prices and Kim said they were just a test and real ones would be crafted.

Thats precisely what we're doing, the "real stuff" will be craftable.

Yes the Combat Token Trader does have a few extremely low level (L) melee amps. Go ahead and figure out the economy of those amps after accounting for the markup % of combat tokens. I bought one of them and won't do it again.

They are not usable for everyday hunting and are a "token" effort to produce melee amps.

We need economical, high damage, unlimited melee amps just like we have for Laser and BLP

These are simple things that shouldn't be difficult or complicated. All they need to do is function the same as a Dante or A106. They don't need to transfer TT value or anything else... They just need to be an amp.

Lol if you are expecting that you may have unrealistic expectations, I don't think high eco was ever promised.

Lol if you are expecting that you may have unrealistic expectations, I don't think high eco was ever promised.

It was, and i quoted it above, you can go read the conversation for yourself by clicking the link in the quote.

Scroll up and read Narfi's post and quotes

For the record.. I really dislike making such a critical thread but enough is enough.

We need some clarity on the situation...

Mr. Moreau offered the following view on his new role:
"As CEO of MindArk, I will focus on improving our communication with participants and
taking advantage of their valuable feedback to make Entropia Universe a more
entertaining and engaging universe.”

Last edited:
Sometimes, I really want to walk into MA's HQ and see exactly what they are doing.

Sometimes, I really want to walk into MA's HQ and see exactly what they are doing.

ricky-gervais-dancing-gif.gif

;)

Will not happen (as MA/Calypso officials have already said, they wanted Mindforce to be different and this is one way it is). Mindforce has the DoT-chips instead, allowing increased damage dealing in a different way.

Status
Back