MA employee avatar name list

Status
What makes you assume that MindArk doesn't have those ethics and also integrity? What makes you assume that they don't have safeguards and that those Dev controlled avatars aren't closely monitored?

For there to be fraud, there first has to be the incentive for financial gain. The fundamental point that you guys seem to forget here is that these avatars CAN NOT withdraw money into the real world. That point alone completely invalidates your argument. Furthermore, since these avatars ADD NEW MONEY to the game economy, it also invalidates any arguments that center around balancing or PED leak aspects.

Let's assume things are burning down without even seeing smoke, much less flames.

Its such a stupid fucking argument that's being made here and then anyone who doesn't wear a tin foil hat and agree with this naive line of thinking is called ignorant. I'm starting to think some of you need new batteries for the propeller on your hat because the argument for years now keeps going round and round in circles, ignoring the obvious, and relying completely on hypothetical made up fictional scenarios.

There are plenty of REAL ISSUES that are worth being pissed off about, there is no need to invent and then get pissed off about hypothetical problems that DONT EXIST.

If I were a Dev reading this, I'd shake my head, make a mental note of who is an idiot, and then going forward completely IGNORE all points and opinions made by that person, and if it continued endlessly like it has, then I'd start considering enforcing the EULA. It's been some years since I've read it but I seem to remember some sections that have to do with defamation on public forums.

The fact is that people who subscribe to baseless conspiracy theories and splatter the forums with this mindless drivel are nothing more than a detrimental cancer to the whole Entropia Universe. Imagine a new player reading this.

Either shit up completely or find a real problem if you need something to bitch about.

It's no wonder the announcement for the new MA CEO was made on a different forum.

Ok excuse me while I go Skype Kim_Calypso to find out who from MA management are meeting me and my ingame business partners in Las Vegas this year for our annual get together.

Strictly leisure ofc, no Entropia business what so ever ;)

Well, the way I see it, employees help keep the economy alive by making sure the loot pools are looted, especially since they take no loss themselves, get too know the game from a players perspective, buy sell and trade with the players, and get to know what makes players is angry. I say let them have some fun. Also, do you not think that MA keeps track of who is withdrawing??

Everytime a huge hof drops... or a uber item drops.. you should send that player a friend request to find out.
Even IF they handover that avatar list i bet you will still have your doubts or find something else to whine about.

Wrap yourself in tinfoil...

Last edited:
Seriously, they play under a business policy, i can't possibly think they would favor themselfes while in game, playing with avatars. Best way is to not make money available ingame, aka reducing loot. At a point they loved their product, so i guess they would'nt do it. Now that they sold most of it while having an atiitude 'develop then sell share then move to something else' ( la, planets, mothership, cld, moonria, bad, etc) and that they have another product in line i don't know, but that is another topic. They sure won't abuse the system by 'playing'.

I find it good that they play, they can see real outputs, not as in their tests pre VU. Bad things is when it's blatant bugs whole playerbase can see it. However one of the trouble MA overlooked while playing or not was the litem oot waves. Without playerbase support they would have done nothing. So i am sure that they play with 1000 PED, go broke fast then can't test further.:lolup:

So i am sure that they play with 1000 PED, go broke fast then can't test further.:lolup:

There is that, plus then also don't forget that for an MA employee, EU is their real life job, and so while MA management encourages them to play the game, I'm sure that almost none of them will want to spend excessive amounts of their personal free time playing a game that is their everyday job.

I know a lot of us don't have much of a problem doing 5 to 10 hour runs but what makes it interesting for us is that it's our own money. For an MA employee that is not the case... If it's your job the fun is gone, even if you love your job, when you go home, you want to put work behind you.

Last edited:
I think this is pure tin hat stuff... I wouldn't worry about it at all as I imagine it is done with good intentions. Plus if any of them had less than good intentions, they would be using a seperate account which MA wouldn't know about and therefore there is nothing they could do anyway.

And as everyone knows they would make a pathetic sum by exploiting anyway for a developer, they would be able to earn way more with their skills elsewhere.

This is a totally f*cking retarded paranoid bull shit thread IMO

What makes you assume that MindArk doesn't have those ethics and also integrity? What makes you assume that they don't have safeguards and that those Dev controlled avatars aren't closely monitored?

[text]

The fact is that people who subscribe to baseless conspiracy theories and splatter the forums with this mindless drivel are nothing more than a detrimental cancer to the whole Entropia Universe. Imagine a new player reading this.

Either shit up completely or find a real problem if you need something to bitch about.

It's no wonder the announcement for the new MA CEO was made on a different forum.

You know what the problem is? them stating that they can do with items whatever they wish...

If that same MA player is friend with another player he can sell him the item cheaper than what he SHOULD pay if that MA avatar didnt decide to sell him at a "friendly" price,..

this is just an example I can think of in 0.7 second..

ALSO

step even further away and think about if that MA avatar gets our ped grinds all the ped on a certain LA's, the LA owner has financial gain through this which makes seeing MA avatar names even more needed!!!

Wtf would you think if you see a certain MA avatar grind hard on certain LA's?? that its "legit"? that LA owner gets ped from that which could quickly add up to 500-1000USD - enough for a good side salary for the LA owner...

You guy really dont think far do you?

Last edited:
Thanks for further elaborating what I mean, I guess most people just aren't able to think this far or in such ways on this matter...

Or as you said, these replies are from MA players themselves rofl..

Yeah, you are smart and everyone else is stupid. Are you 13 years old? Neg rep back at you.

How about respecting peoples privacy? what will happen if they ever release a goddamn list is more of these threads crying every time a MA avatar gets a 10ped puny global or discover a worthless new blueprint no one really wants....

PS: this thread is beyond tinfoil hat status at this point, its full blown tinfoil house crazy.

Cheers
Zweshi

You know what the problem is? them stating that they can do with items whatever they wish...

If that same MA player is friend with another player he can sell him the item cheaper than what he SHOULD pay if that MA avatar didnt decide to sell him at a "friendly" price,..

this is just an example I can think of in 0.7 second..

ALSO

step even further away and think about if that MA avatar gets our ped grinds all the ped on a certain LA's, the LA owner has financial gain through this which makes seeing MA avatar names even more needed!!!

Wtf would you think if you see a certain MA avatar grind hard on certain LA's?? that its "legit"? that LA owner gets ped from that which could quickly add up to 500-1000USD - enough for a good side salary for the LA owner...

You guy really dont think far do you?

Again though, these are all hypothetical scenarios. There is no evidence and no accusations anywhere. None of these problems actually exist... None of them.

Doesn't it instead make more sense to focus on the real problems that actually do exist? Wouldn't that be more productive? Wouldn't that be something that has a chance of resonating with any Dev that reads it?

I saw Kim|Calypso reading this thread some hours ago. I can only imagine what he thought of it.

Frankly this kind of thing, calling fire where there is none, only discourages MA from being more open, transparent, and providing details for this or that... It discourages them from communicating with us more. And why should they? Any detail, any clue, any frank dialog gets twisted and misconstrued and then used to crucify them.

For YEARS we bitched because MA apparently didn't actually play the game due to various obvious bugs of one kind or another that would be easy to notice by anyone that played and simply looked around. As a result MA revealed that they do in fact play and now here we are in this thread. It's complete lunacy.

For that reason, this kind witch hunt that's based strictly on hypothetical scenarios is a cancer on this whole game. More importantly then that, any new player reading this kind of thing won't know what to believe and many of them simply just won't play EU because this stuff only fuels skepticism, doubt, and fosters negativity.

Weren't you complaining about a player base that wasn't big enough?

Get on board with reality or get out of the game.

If you want to crucify MA then do it, but use real problems, not imaginary ones. Also try to focus only on things that directly affect you, otherwise it becomes clear that you are just bitching for the sake of bitching and as a result your points and your opinions generally will be dismissed by most readers including the Devs. Some people will never be satisfied and will endlessly bitch and bitch because it's all they know how to do. Is that what kind of person you want to be?

Last edited:
Off topic: Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning? :laugh:

On Topic: I see no reason to have MA release the avatar names of those who work for MA or any other PP. In fact, I think it's just a bad idea. Look at all the uproar that happened when Neverdie continued to actively play with his avatar after Rocktropia launched.

I believe that MindArk carefully scrutinizes ALL activity of those avatars played by employees. In fact, I am willing to bet that every single transaction conducted by those avatars is validated and verified by MA for any unscrupulous activities. I, for one, am happy that MA employees spend time on the live servers. Many bugs just cannot be discovered on test servers, no matter how much testing is done. The load on those servers will never reach what happens on the live servers.

You have a choice: You can continue to trust that MA is doing the right thing with those avatars and, hence, "your" money, or you can choose not to play. Whatever you choose to do, can you stop beating this dead horse, or will we all be subject to yet another demand for avatar transparency from you six months from now?

What good should such list do?
If people are worried about them looting the good stuff, it's most probably
just a question of what loot theory they believe in.
I guess I'm lucky since I believe in a theory that is based on individual build up
as basic to loot, and not in any of those lottery/random/just luck theories.
People who do believe in such theory, I can see why they are so worried thou'.

In general, not specifically to this thread, I see people quite often get upset what
MA might do, well whatever they now do, based on their own reason to play.
A lot of people are here for the money, and the money alone, while others are here
only for the fun.
Those who are here for the money have big issues with that people might
spend peds just for the fun. But that is the reality, so if someone can't understand
that, thats because *they* have an issue, not the one who are here for the fun.
Just because some might *think* it is in a way, doesn't mean it *is* like that.
This happens when peoples imagination goes from what they believe in to becoming
a fact for them, while the true facts actually are something else.

MAs purpose to play is to the test the system from a players p.o.v, while some
players purpose to play is the money aspect, while for some of us the fun is the purpose.
If they do their testing properly, both groups of people will gain from it, and MA too.

If they create a list of these avatars, how many of those that believe in conspiracy
theories will not compare that list with tracker and then try to find them all the time?

Imo, they cycle peds in to the system, increasing the loot systems value.
Why is that a bad thing?

The skillbuffs started here by now too since some hours. Just 1½ day later than promised but ok. Enhancers all taken out, was burning more than 5 in 30 minutes at one point. On a mindforce chip tier 4...

Lets say for a moment MA/FPC/Ark etc gave out their avatar list -

They would never get to play/test due to barages of PM's for the following:

1- I wantz more lootzers!

2- I lovez you because you are my fave person!

3- This change in game really pizzes me offzorz!

4- Avatar X is cheatzor!

etc etc.....

Nah leave it as it is imo. I don't really mind they are not known.

delete this thread, it sucks
even if they disclosed names... they can just go an make another one.

How about disclose who has multiple accounts per person?

delete this thread, it sucks
even if they disclosed names... they can just go an make another one.

How about disclose who has multiple accounts per person?

This ^^

Lock it!

Do you guys really think that if the guys that handles our money has an avatar or not matters?? They could cheat us in so many ways if they had that mindset with ir without avatars.

The bottomline is that if you dont trust the game dont play it, if you do then play and stop all this crazy whining!

(I can think of a million ways to cheat us players if they wanted to without having an avatar......if they have an avatar at least they see the real game)

Interesting topic on the types of avatars MA and PPs have over at
http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/they-walk-amongst-us.11222/

Ultimately, they are going to do whatever the hell they want to do since it's their servers and you are only a visitor there... You 'own' nothing in game, and have no 'rights' at all essentially in game because it's on their server. In ancient days of Multi User Dungeons (MUDS) MA and PPs would be considered the 'gods' of the server... only thing different between then and now is that the graphics are a bit prettier (assuming you have a descent non-laggy connection and descent graphics card and are not on 'safe mode). You CAN control what YOU do. You Cannot control what others do... Asking them to change their ways on their server is a bit like asking the wind to change directions for you. If you name is not Storm and you are not on the X-men, the weather probably isn't going to listen to you, just as Mindark probably will ignore you.

Last edited:
Are you guys seriously so comfortable with them "playing" the game and you now knowing who they are??

Do you invest any money into this game or haven't deposited any so you just don't care about other people or am I missing something?

Yes, I am. but to make you happy, you can easily make your own list. Simple look at the HOFs of the week and any one who has the highest HOF must be working for MA.

Let them do their job they can't if name list was published. I see no reason to publish list but so many not to as mentioned by others above.

I think op is a little paranoid in the end it comes down to trust.

Also i think undercover avatars are essential for a succesful rce game like this and since i want it to succeed i would hope ma don't listen to op

Absolutely no to this list idea.

It is not beneficial to us if their participation is for MA purposes, and it is not fair on them if their participation is personal.

We have a basic right of RL anonymity. This allows us to participate in a virtual universe unconstrained by RL factors that may have a negative impact on that participation.

If everybody knew which avatars were MA employees they would not be able to play as we do.

From an MA point of view, if they cannot play as we do and therefore have the same experience that we do, then they cannot see or understand things from the same perspective as we do.

From a personal participation point of view, if they cannot play as we do then they cannot play for the simple purpose of enjoyment.

So, whatever their reason for participation, leave them alone to get on with their virtual lives.

just..incredible..mind = blown...

sheeple...surprised but elevated by seeing how many of you are amongst us..

enjoy the shepherd walking amongst you...

I'm sure they loudest ones here must have some benefit from this, else they probly would not think in such ways..

<removed>

as said above...there is a reason lottery organisers aren't allowed to participate - the same reason exists here for MA

BOTTOM LINE; This isnt a thread of your opinions on this and again I must emphasize that I am surprised, but shit I give not about you all and your opinions ;

THREAD IS ALSO HERE TO PROVE THAT "IMPROVED COMMUNICATION" POSTS BY KIM ARE JUST FOR THE POSTS THEY LIKE AND LIKE TO ANSWER.

ON STUFF THEY SHOULD REACT AND "COMMUNICATE" IN THIS IMPROVED MANNER - ALL THEY DO IS HOVER THE THREAD AND 0 REPLIES COMES ;)

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
a88b3435c3df9783ece11ba62957009bad76beea674daf4f5ba27c329b163012.jpg

/mod note/ Differing opinions are one thing, but please keep the discussion civil and constructive.

Forum Rule 2.2 said:
Common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members and forum staff, along with constructive posting of opinions is essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked.

Certainly the best post and description of the sitution about the issue dealing with Mindark and Planet Partners and associates avatars.
Thank you for the link Mastermesh.

I will post the entire text after this reply since It is a very interesting read, and certainly give "some" answers.
Also a good way to save it in this forum, some datas can be used later in future threads...

Interesting topic on the types of avatars MA and PPs have over at

Ultimately, they are going to do whatever the hell they want to do since it's their servers and you are only a visitor there... You 'own' nothing in game, and have no 'rights' at all essentially in game because it's on their server. In ancient days of Multi User Dungeons (MUDS) MA and PPs would be considered the 'gods' of the server... only thing different between then and now is that the graphics are a bit prettier (assuming you have a descent non-laggy connection and descent graphics card and are not on 'safe mode). You CAN control what YOU do. You Cannot control what others do... Asking them to change their ways on their server is a bit like asking the wind to change directions for you. If you name is not Storm and you are not on the X-men, the weather probably isn't going to listen to you, just as Mindark probably will ignore you.

Mindstar is someone I can say I had the privilege to know and have as a real friend in real life.
For a while she owned an official avatar, and I assure that she never revealed to me any kind of private mindark informations, yes Mindstar have always been really professional about all that.

Anyway, since we also met in the virtual world with our avatars, I could easily figure out all possibilities given to her "God" avatar.

Now closer to the topic :

It is clear that owning a "god avatar" is giving advantages that all other "normal" avatars do not have, and I think there is no need to wonder if this is fair when both are evoluting in the same environment (where we suppose and wish both apply the same rules in a RCE system where REAL money is involved).

Old players will remember the marco's gun shooting at 8-10k damage for a single 1 pec ammmo (yes, at this time the smallest ammo unit was 1 pec, and not 0.01 pec like today).

With such advantages given to god avatars, whe could list many special powers :

• Avatar invincible (Mindstar avatar was)
  • No decay on armor (a result of invicibility and no attack from mobs)
  • Avatar with god skills, 100% accuracy whatever they do
  • Special no cost items (example of the marco's gun killing araneatrox stalker in 1 shot)
  • No MISS or any kind of similar features
  • No No Loot :)
  • Win events - Hey Rxxxxx ! ;)
  • Higher running speed
  • Black Out radar removed when on for others (particularily in lootable areas)
  • Higher speed spaceships in lootable space
  • Invisibilty (they can later pretend this was a bug..., which will awake nobody since the hidden god avatar is supposed to be a normal avatar)

The list can be long, imagination have no limit,
and mindark (at least for me in those 10 years), have been showing HIGH imagination...

Many of us old players will remember that in the project entropia times, the 1st ranked society in the top 50 most skilled societies was the official mindark avatars.
Pretty easy when they all had 500 in all attributes, and professions without playing 1 second.
I do not comment it, this is just a fact.

Now, wonder if all this is fair or not, well I let you all continue your little war thread where some people can be right, some others can be wrong.

I just remember marco in entropia-pioneers saying :

"we will always win"

There is no best summary about all this.

PS : Happy Birthday Akbar ;) !

Originally posted here :

Thank you again Mastermesh for the link.

---------------------------

ARE THERE SECRET AVATARS AND UNKNOWN MA/PPs OR ASSOCIATES PERSONNEL PLAYING QUIETLY IN OUR UNIVERSE RIGHT UNDER OR VIRTUAL NOSES?

I'll weigh in on this since I can lend some truth to the topic, and perhaps set some things straight, because Kim, and perhaps other official employees or associates in some way have revealed some things that confirm that indeed MA, PPs, and their employees do play Incognito avatars other than their official ones. It has also been mentioned by Kim and perhaps others that they are given PED to play with, so it appears to me that at least employees of MA or PPs are slowly revealing the lay of the land with alternate avatars, so I'll throw some truth into the mix to perhaps lay to rest some of the speculations being put forth elsewhere, in an effort to shed some light on the topic.

It doesn't seem to be such a big secret since some official employees have responded to certain discussions regarding behind-the-scenes activities. The community isn't stupid, and even in their speculation have hit upon many things that I think are key to address. The following relates to a good portion of the "Official Avatar Guidelines" (which is 5 pages long) that all MA, PP, Marketing, and other associates get, or at least that was my impression.

I haven't shared every single detail, because it's not necessary. I think I have given enough information to set some records straight, and reduce the speculation, but as we all know, there are exceptions to every rule, and some in certain positions have more power and leeway to ... buck the system?

However, there are variables involved that absolutely control the activities of not only official avatars, but the secret ones as well. Each non-regular avatar is tagged through code, and watched very closely. In the case of Neverdie who still continues to play his regular avatar, I cannot say with certainty that his personal avatar was altered in any way, but based on data available that I have personally witnessed, I would say not. I also think this holds true for the Monria team as well based on information shared.

However, the Official Avatar Guidelines clearly state the following:

Private Accounts are registered by the Employee as a private person before time of employment. In addition to Rules for Holding Entropia Universe Employee Accounts, the following rules apply to Private Accounts:?

• Account freeze. This account cannot be used by the Employee or anyone else while the person is employed at MindArk, the Planet Partner, Marketing Partner or similar. Therefore, the account will be frozen during time of employment.
  • No withdrawal. This account may be used again after termination of employment.
  • Must not use internal know-how. No information or know-how obtained under the employment can be used to obtain benefits when using Entropia Universe after employment.?

I know of several secret avatars, and some who have more than one, along with actually being a member of a real society. MS9 (regular avatar) has also enjoyed hunting excursions, and that was after this particular secret avatar revealed themselves to me as a result of what they were witnessing at an EU gathering and wanted to know more. At first, I had no clue who I was talking to, because I had never seen or known them prior to this date, but they were there undercover as a result of hearing some things through the grapevine to validate what was being told, and they did.

Who it is doesn't matter, especially since I now have the Official Avatar Guidelines in print as a result of becoming an official avatar with the Cyrene Writing Team in the past. I have total respect for Ed for giving us (his team) the responsibility of adhering to the guidelines to a T, and not push the envelope, it was very important to him that we all stay within the guidelines and not give reason for MindArk to challenge us.

Besides my official avatar, I had a secret avatar, and I was a newbie. Other than being immortal and unable to die, we didn't have the high-end skills or given items that others had (basically Calypso personnel), and we also at that time didn't have the golden stars above out heads as officials. That came after I had resigned a year later. However, you could tell we were official avatars by our names and the orange text in chat. We also were very limited in what we could do inside the universe as officials, and were even restricted from healing others to be helpful. This was Ed's dictate, and I respect him for that, because even though these activities were happening on Calypso, they weren't going to happen to Cyrene officials and place ourselves in positions of vulnerability, or even the appearance of impropriety - I agreed with him. We had vehicles for mobility, but could not participate in any activities such as hunting, mining or crafting, and basically became ambassadors for Cyrene, but my mission was writing, so I was not that bothered by it until there was too much of a lull in time with the official writing.

Therefore, I had amazing fun with my secret avatar who was free to travel to all planets to gain experience as to how it all worked, and even found myself an amazing Mentor who taught me more about the game in that year than I ever learned on my own with my regular avatar over the years. I was never a Disciple to anyone over the years, and during this experience, I did graduate the discipleship and felt pretty good about it. This person did not know who I was, nor could I reveal myself to them. It was an amazing adventure for me, but back to the topic at hand.

The Official Avatar Guidelines lay out the rules for four different types of avatars and what they can and cannot do, but other than the regular EU avatar, which is your personal avatar that you started PE/EU with, all of the others are tagged through coding and activities monitored. The four avatars in question are Incognito (secret), Official (gold star over head), Role Playing (RX Units and any storyline character that will play a key role in the evolution of a planet), and Personal avatars which are not tagged unless there's a very good reason to be so.

There are also two types of Restricted Accounts ... Employee Accounts which are those who are employees of MA, PPs, Marketing Associates, etc., and Demo Accounts used for investors, journalists, and other such individuals in order to show them part, or all of EU during a limited period of time.

The Incognito accounts are used for testing and experiencing the EU platform without revealing they are controlled by an employee, whether it's MA, PP, Marketing Associates, or others. Also, the avatar name chosen can in no way be connected to MA, PPs, EU organizations or associations, or real life identity. This type of account cannot be used in any public events or anything similar.

The Official accounts are used to participate in game events or for official announcements.

The Role Playing accounts are used to participate in events and play a role, or a character that has significance to a planet's storyline (Cyrene will eventually do this, and it's brilliant), but then there are the RX Units on Calypso that interact with the players and get involved with events.

The Private accounts are personal accounts that are registered by the employee before employment. The rule is that once you become Official, or even before your Official avatar is created, you must freeze your personal account and not be able to use it until employment has ended. This is what happened to me, and MS9 was in a cryogenic state until I resigned my position with Cyrene, but then got her back with everything she had prior to being put on hold.

Here are some pertinent bullet points:
employees are absolutely held to and must abide by the terms of the EULA and ToS with the understanding that the accounts are EU accounts and not personal accounts
the account cannot be used to make money, or withdraw money ... however, can withdraw only the amount that they have deposited themselves
employees do not have any value or any right of ownership to any value accumulated during the course of operating the avatar
employees are absolutely forbidden to use any type of internal information or know-how obtained during employment, including company secrets in order to increase the value of the account (e.g. collect certain virtual objects that are expected to increase in value due to planned developments in Entropia Universe) or in any way affect the internal virtual economy of Entropia Universe (as mentioned before, these avatars are monitored)

Employees may not trade (meaning private trade and auctions) items or PED/PEC with other end users to make money or affect the virtual economy:
  • Employees are not allowed to trade with other end users to obtain unique or rare virtual items.
  • Employees are not allowed to trade with other end users to obtain skill chips.
  • Employees are not allowed to trade with other end users to transfer skill chips to the end users.
  • Employees are not allowed to affect market prices.
  • Interacting with other end users in a reasonable trade, based on market value, etc.
  • Interacting with other end users in event or competition, where effort and prize is in reasonable relation to each other.
    employees can interact with other end users in the usual course of usage of the product including participating in activities mentioned below:
  • Trade
  • Join team
  • Team activity like hunting etc
  • Mining
  • Chat
  • Join society
employees must keep their in-game voice chat set at Push to Talk to prevent revealing any confidential or internal information to the public (participants), and never use real life names
With regard to play money for employees:
employees are allowed to deposit money to their PED Card and withdraw that same amount if they wish
the Planet Partner may choose to make deposits on Employee Entropia Universe Accounts with a maximum of 1000 PED per deposit once a week, to be used by the Employee for participating in Entropia Universe only.
Such a deposit is subject to the following limitations: (1) only the Planet Partner can make deposits to an EU Employee Account; (2) the total value of the PED Card on the Employee's Account, including any piles of PED and PEC can never exceed the value of 5,000 PEDs; (3) the Planet Partner is responsible for all costs covering the deposits deducted from the planet in-world revenue to an EU Employee Account
I can openly reveal that I was never given any PED from Ed or anyone else on the Cyrene staff to "play" in the universe, but I never joined a society, and while I did deposit, I never withdrew anything, even at the point of giving up the secret avatar after employment to get MS9 back.

I can also say that at the end of employment, Incognito Accounts, if stripped of all value and skills, can be transferred to the former Employee for continuous private access and use. Private Accounts will be unfrozen. However, I'm not clear as to whether the employee gets to not only have their regular (private) avatar unfrozen, while also getting to keep the stripped Incognito avatar. It didn't matter to me, because I only wanted MS9 back to play with as before, so I don't have the answer to this one.

This is what I can give you at this time, and I hope that it serves some purpose in helping to understand a bit more about the workings of avatars controlled by MA, PPs, Marketing Partners, and others like journalists, PR individuals (Traction PR - MA's PR agency - was given a Privateer which continues to sit in space, but I'm sure used periodically for the purpose of showing media personnel our universe), and of course the investors who fall within this realm of officially-controlled avatars.

I'm sharing this information as I have done in bits and pieces over time so that the community knows that despite perhaps a bit of paranoia about what MA and other officials do behind the scenes, or secretly within our game, they do mark their officially-controlled avatars throughout the universe no matter what role they play with a code in the database and monitor all activity. There was actually an official entry posted in "The Latest Buzz" by MindArk some time back that explained the role of certain MA-controlled avatars (believe by David Simmonds), but that entry is no longer at the site. It was at the time that there was so much question and controversy about ND playing his regular avatar as a PP.

I hope this puts to rest some unanswered questions and speculations, but I know almost for certain that it will raise even a few more questions and speculation. That's what makes being a part of this universe so versatile, intriguing, mysterious, and downright fun.

Yes, I'm the one who requested Acro to repost this thread at EP (thank you for not revealing my name), and did so not only to get the opinions of some who are critical thinkers about these sorts of things before they present any speculation, but also I can't post at PCF (my own doing when I requested a self-deactivation of my account), but I read the posts in Acro's thread there and felt compelled to share what I could that would answer some of the questions from one who has the actual data to dispel speculation and bring some truth to the discussion.

Perhaps this might even be the front-page exclusive article I promised Tass a long time ago before I stopped writing for EU on October 1st last year, but that's up to him and the staff. I haven't given away any trade secrets or used information that other officials haven't spoken up about, nor anything that the community didn't suspect to begin with ... I just added truth to it.

Of course there is more than what I shared, but again, I want to be careful in what I reveal. However, the community deserves a much higher level of communication, and far more respect, but I'll give credit where credit is due ... just give me a minute to think about that.

PS ... thanks for the Front Page coverage.

Hmm.. to the OP, I would not bother too much unless you have sensitive amounts still in game.

I don't know about MA avatars in game much, but you can make a nice list from this very thread. It contains people of interest, either ones who owns assets in game or earn money from other people activities in game or both.

Except the avatars which should be used to investigate game activities, and why not snooping on the very successful avatars to check if no exploits are used, and the ones used to manage events, there is no excuse for the ones actively involved in game activities. It was discussed to death how an avatar mining in PVP and getting a huge tower later one looted by a select group of players does not affect the economy. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't (I think it does big time, especially damaging the trust) but going to a meeting finding out this X mob will have this Y loot and being first to hunt it with your non-MA friends after VU stinks big time

3 years last week, missed it all-together. I rarely log in anymore.

I don't know about MA avatars in game much, but you can make a nice list from this very thread. It contains people of interest, either ones who owns assets in game or earn money from other people activities in game or both.

Can you? Oh, I get what you're trying to say. You're trying to say Nighthawk, Narfi, HardWrath, and basically anyone who does not routinely bash MA are people of interest. Why? Because some folks might actually be having a good time. They might not be completely self absorbed and paranoid, seeing conspiracies around every corner as they jealously guard their purses sure that around the next corner the thief that has been stalking them will finally strike? Or they may own a few assets. That's what this game is about.

The first is what we can hope for, the second is gibberish that we find on internet forums due to folks having an overdeveloped sense of entitlement (must win mentality), and the third facet is decidedly un-interesting to all except the most paranoid of individuals because its actually the point of the product.

Except the avatars which should be used to investigate game activities, and why not snooping on the very successful avatars to check if no exploits are used, and the ones used to manage events, there is no excuse for the ones actively involved in game activities.

What the company may need avatars for are to play the game. To follow up on information contained in logs. To reproduce bugs reported by players. To engage in the general play experience and ensure that it is in fact fun and engaging. This snooping nonsense is nothing more than a waste of time.

This contradicts your statement of "there is no excuse for the ones actively involved in game activities." There is in fact a list of very valid reasons for avatars actually involved in the game.

It was discussed to death how an avatar mining in PVP and getting a huge tower later one looted by a select group of players does not affect the economy. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't (I think it does big time, especially damaging the trust) but going to a meeting finding out this X mob will have this Y loot and being first to hunt it with your non-MA friends after VU stinks big time

3 years last week, missed it all-together. I rarely log in anymore.

Oh my gosh! It was discussed. You mean like this thread is a discussion? And peoples loot theories are discussions? So what it if it were discussed and theorized to death. Is this supposed to be a congress? :laugh:

Status
Back