MA employee avatar name list

Status

the_prophet

Dominant
Banned
Last edited:
There's absolutely no need for them to announce employee's personal avatars. The whole point is they see the game from a players perspective, not from a pseudo-famous perspective. It may not affect a hunting/mining/crafting run, but the grief they would get if they popped a HOF or found a rare unL, would be massive.

Keep them secret. We have official avatars for major events to see in game.

This is just a waste of time no need to single them out, let them play the game just like everyone else.

stop playing burn the witch....

I for sure, ain't one. Howwever, a trick for you, my best loots came from kill stealing swe.

And it wouldn't stop conspiracy theorists from attributing half of the HoF list to MA employees, list or no list :)

Are you guys seriously so comfortable with them "playing" the game and you now knowing who they are??

Do you invest any money into this game or haven't deposited any so you just don't care about other people or am I missing something?

I can't believe you sheeple would allow a shark make a game, go swim in with everyone and skin them to the bone one by one as they come while having their own "poster - child" avatars who people look up to - thinking they can achieve same thing while getting bone-skinned...

Doesnt it raise a question with you when you think about how many of those players we're talking about (those "poster children - uber ubers) have one by one misteriously backed away from the game, dissapearing, never to be heard of again?... :scratch2: (MA employees who have done what their intention was?)

Are you guys seriously so comfortable with them "playing" the game and you now knowing who they are??

Yes. Who cares who they are (besides you obviously), who cares if they get a 10k hof?
There are a lot easier ways for MA to 'cheat' the system then to make some lucky avatars.

If the list was made public they wouldn't be able to play anymore (dozens of PM's on each login), and they would have to make new ones.

Do you invest any money into this game or haven't deposited any so you just don't care about other people or am I missing something?

I can't believe you sheeple would allow a shark make a game, go swim in with everyone and skin them to the bone one by one as they come while having their own "poster - child" avatars who people look up to - thinking they can achieve same thing while getting bone-skinned...

Doesnt it raise a question with you when you think about how many of those players we're talking about (those "poster children - uber ubers) have one by one misteriously backed away from the game, dissapearing, never to be heard of again?... :scratch2: (MA employees who have done what their intention was?)

Considering I personally know these "poster children" you're talking about, no, I'm not too worried.

MA employee avatars are typically mid-skilled, and considering only a select few employees are allowed to know the looting system inside out, I doubt profitable either.

So we bitch and moan when they don't play and test the game and then we bitch and moan when they do? I really don't see the issue here at all. It's never been a secret that MA employees each have an avatar that they play EU with. It's not a PED leak, they don't get to withdraw money, they have a small monthly allowance, all loot and items they do get ends up being cycled right back into the game because they deal with the same kind of loot returns that we do. These avatars exist among us, we know them as regular players, and they bitch about MA and Calypso devs just the same as we do. They play undercover as regular people so they can experience the game on our level and I hope so they can more easily learn of people who are utilizing exploits.

Personally I don't have any issue with them playing incognito like this, I don't have anything to hide.

My new theory is that DTF The Profit is one of these undercover avatars :smoke:

I'm impressed that there is some out there.
The good news is any arsehole may not go unobserved.
Cheers :laugh:

People, all I can say is that your ignorance amazes me...

I guess the wise ones didnt say "Ignorance is bliss" for nothing, in your world it seems to be all fine and dandy, maybe you should wake up and smell the turd which is disguised as a flower.

I know you few people aren't and don't represent the whole playerbase and some of you could even be MA avatars - this is why transparency is also needed...

Thought there would be some awake people in this environment, been proven wrong from the first few starting responses, maybe it changes, who knows, all of your opinions dont even matter.

MA should post the list.

Yupee for all you MA/fanboys who have replied so far.

I actually agree with the OP, from a liability standpoint, imagine if one of the employees got caught in a larger fraud causing investigation of MA itself. And the imagine how that will look to a Judge to have the management looting the player pool.

There are very valid reasons it is illegal to run financial sweepstakes or events (in the US anyhow), and participate in them at the same time.

I don't care who they are personally, but MA should really reconsider the impact, risk and liability that has for the company....one bad judgement and ALL our stuff is gone.

xenu_499792.jpg

Instead of just insulting anyone not agreeing with you, could you post some reasons for how MA doing this could possibly benefit the player base in any way (other than satisfying curiosity)? :rolleyes:

People, all I can say is that your ignorance amazes me...

Don't assume that we are ignorant... Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups.

I understand what you are saying because as you have pointed out numerous times over the years, there are all kinds of hypothetical ways where an MA employee, who has inside game knowledge on item drops could exploit that knowledge in order to loot something. Even though they can't withdraw money, the fact they simply looted that rare item would mean that a regular player couldn't get it.

The problem with your argument is that it's a hypothetical scenario based on a lot of assumptions. There is no evidence to support the various potential issues you have dreamed up over the years.

Most of us feel that this is a pretty silly topic to get fixated on

Kim posted the this in the thread that Profit linked to.

Kim|Calypso said:
Here's the bottom line, our PEDs come from sales such as estates and motherships. We can either pocket this money by deleting the PEDs thus reducing the amount of currency in circulation or cycle it back in various ways such as playing with it on our own avatars. The latter is the better alternative for you, assuming you want more rather than less money in the system.

And no we cant influence the loot of a single player. We're a business and how exactly would that help improve our bottom line? Adding features to the system costs big money and it isn't wasted on things that can't possibly contribute to that.

On this topic, I agree with Kim and I agree with the policy.

Please explain in a specific way how the policy would be better.

As already stated, looting items is a first (and being able to do with them whatever they like), looting high mu stuff is 2nd, mining my areas who are full of MU, leaving them drier TT-wise than they maybe would be (we dont know about this for sure as there is nothing which states what your actuall TT-return will be when playing this game) - if the MA avatar wouldn't have mined there a bit before I did - for example..

use a bit of reasoning and a couple of gray cells and you will think of many many other situations where this is just plain.. not goood for the least?!?:scratch2:

Last edited:
Kim posted the this in the thread that Profit linked to.

On this topic, I agree with Kim and I agree with the policy.

Please explain in a specific way how the policy would be better.

Here, I can't comment on this as;

player base and turnover done in the game is reducing and situation on the ingame market is getting worse with every change and system they implement, starting to get impossible to sell certain stuff, bottom line is;

Kim's post there is a fail to begin with...

As already stated, looting items is a first, looting high mu stuff is 2nd, mining my areas who are full of MU, leaving them drier TT-wise than they maybe would be (we dont know about this for sure as there is nothing which states what your actuall TT-return will be when playing this game) - if the MA avatar wouldn't have mined there a bit before I did - for example.

And how exactly would knowing the names of these avatars change anything? Or did you really mean "make MA employees stop playing the game altogether"? Because it's already been mentioned in earlier replies why that would be a bad thing.

And how exactly would knowing the names of these avatars change anything? Or did you really mean "make MA employees stop playing the game altogether"? Because it's already been mentioned in earlier replies why that would be a bad thing.

No but we would have a true oversight on things looted by actual players or by MA avatars,...I wonder if we actually got the list(won't happen), how much we would be shocked by seeing which players are actually on that list when,...as it could be ANYONE.

This thread is also to show true nature of MA and their "improved communication"..

Here, I can't comment on this as;

player base and turnover done in the game is reducing and situation on the ingame market is getting worse with every change and system they implement, starting to get impossible to sell certain stuff, bottom line is;

Kim's post there is a fail to begin with...

Let's stay on topic. We aren't talking about the size of the player base, the in game market, or other things. So as it pertains to this topic, let's think about the flow of ped through the game.

MindArk's business model requires them to sell large value items to players from time to time such as land, deeds, motherships, or whatever. The majority of funds derived from such sales no doubt go to pay for operating costs, investors, etc.

Since you like hypothetical scenarios:

So item XYZ comes for sale by MA and then lets say I deposit $10,000 and then end up winning for 100k ped. That money entered the in-game economy when I deposited and then left when I bought XYZ item from MA's auction. That's profit to MA and no loss to the game economy. The money entered and left right away and it's money that wouldn't have been deposited otherwise.

But as Kim pointed out, some of that money doesn't leave the game after all.

So let's say that Kim's monthly allowance is 1000 PED on his undercover avatar, that's 12K ped per year and that money came from item sales like what's described above.

As Kim hunts, mines, and crafts, he is putting that money INTO THE GAME ECONOMY making it part of the overall loot system.... And then let's say Kim has a bad loot week and loses all of his monthly PED on his beloved Eviscerator and then YOU come along after he has been grinding and grinding and get a 1K PED hof on an Evis Gen 1. Well guess where that PED came from, at least in part.

Now let's reverse that scenario and let's say Kim has a great week hunting, is up 3K PED and then also loots a really nice unlimited gun. He already has a gun that he likes so he decides to sell it. He puts it on auction and I manage to nab it for 17k. Now Kim has a total of 20k ped to play with and what he doesn't have is a nice unlimited heal tool and since he can't withdraw this money, he might as well get a good FAP... So he decides to buy the Adj Hedoc Mayhem that qamori is selling for 9.5k and then use the rest of the PED to hunt.

With the 9.5k qamori just got, he combines it with his other PED and buys something really nice and then deposits so he can go play with his new toy. With Kim's remaining 10.5k he decides to go hunt Longtooth Stalkers and put his new Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem to good use.

Well what usually follows a good loot week? Thats right... a BAD loot week... But Kim doesn't care because it's not real money to him since he can't withdraw it, so he blows that 10k on Longtooth and the cycle continues as PED pass from player to player, cycling, and doing what PED do.

So as you see, there isn't a detrimental or even a negative effect on anyone, Kim's undercover avatar contributes to economic turnover, and also introduces NEW MONEY to the system just like any depositing player does.

Last edited:
having their own "poster - child" avatars who people look up to - thinking they can achieve same thing while getting bone-skinned...

Couldn't care less, apparently because I don't look up to anyone. MA can give 3 ATH in a row to you, to 1-day noob or to their sysadmin, it won't affect my gameplay patterns in any way, just like a half a billion win in a national lottery by someone I don't know doesn't have impact on my everyday life.

If they wanted items to sell for profit they would just create them place them on their avatar and then auction them. Would be silly to go hunting for that purpose.

I Don't think they should be playing at all. This isn't a normal game, if this was WoW or CoD or any other game then wouldn't matter, But this is a RCE.

Big money is being risked everyday, and MA use big ticket items sales and huge loots as publicity. Having employees running around interacting like normal players just leaves so much doors open for fraud and corruption that I find it ridiculous that MA even let it happen.

There should be no personal relationships between players and our overlords (MA), be it anonymously in game, or even out of game (Skype, personal facebook, twitter etc)

A professional company wouldn't allow it to happen. In my mind it just mean that this relaxed attitude is from the top management at MA. They probably have there favourites too ;)

I Don't think they should be playing at all. This isn't a normal game, if this was WoW or CoD or any other game then wouldn't matter, But this is a RCE.

Big money is being risked everyday, and MA use big ticket items sales and huge loots as publicity. Having employees running around interacting like normal players just leaves so much doors open for fraud and corruption that I find it ridiculous that MA even let it happen.

There should be no personal relationships between players and our overlords (MA), be it anonymously in game, or even out of game (Skype, personal facebook, twitter etc)

A professional company wouldn't allow it to happen. In my mind it just mean that this relaxed attitude is from the top management at MA. They probably have there favourites too ;)

Thanks for further elaborating what I mean, I guess most people just aren't able to think this far or in such ways on this matter...

Or as you said, these replies are from MA players themselves rofl..

I wonder if you would be surprised by it's contents really if you were to ever see that list... ;p

Thanks for further elaborating what I mean, I guess most people just aren't able to think this far or in such ways on this matter...

Its all about ethics. I work for a company that provides a service to other companies. From time to time I can be in possession of financially sensitive information. If I used that information to benefit myself, friends or family in anyway, I could find myself jobless, and facing trouble from the authorities.

Its all about ethics. I work for a company that provides a service to other companies. From time to time I can be in possession of financially sensitive information. If I used that information to benefit myself, friends or family in anyway, I could find myself jobless, and facing trouble from the authorities.

What makes you assume that MindArk doesn't have those ethics and also integrity? What makes you assume that they don't have safeguards and that those Dev controlled avatars aren't closely monitored?

For there to be fraud, there first has to be the incentive for financial gain. The fundamental point that you guys seem to forget here is that these avatars CAN NOT withdraw money into the real world. That point alone completely invalidates your argument. Furthermore, since these avatars ADD NEW MONEY to the game economy, it also invalidates any arguments that center around balancing or PED leak aspects.

Let's assume things are burning down without even seeing smoke, much less flames.

Its such a stupid fucking argument that's being made here and then anyone who doesn't wear a tin foil hat and agree with this naive line of thinking is called ignorant. I'm starting to think some of you need new batteries for the propeller on your hat because the argument for years now keeps going round and round in circles, ignoring the obvious, and relying completely on hypothetical made up fictional scenarios.

There are plenty of REAL ISSUES that are worth being pissed off about, there is no need to invent and then get pissed off about hypothetical problems that DONT EXIST.

If I were a Dev reading this, I'd shake my head, make a mental note of who is an idiot, and then going forward completely IGNORE all points and opinions made by that person, and if it continued endlessly like it has, then I'd start considering enforcing the EULA. It's been some years since I've read it but I seem to remember some sections that have to do with defamation on public forums.

The fact is that people who subscribe to baseless conspiracy theories and splatter the forums with this mindless drivel are nothing more than a detrimental cancer to the whole Entropia Universe. Imagine a new player reading this.

Either shit up completely or find a real problem if you need something to bitch about.

It's no wonder the announcement for the new MA CEO was made on a different forum.

Status
Back