Auction search filter

xian

Alpha
Dear MA,
Since last month auction is broken, was it an intentionnal change or is it a bug ?

I mean, for example before you could filter 'Tier V C' to have the auction list you all available Tier V component offer. Nowaday, when you type that it gives you also VI VII VIII and even IV... What a mess.

Furthermore you still can't order results by name. What's up ?

I frequently buy the wrong enhancer or wrong components because of this problem

Bump issue still present and annoying.

FYI I don't know whixh fucking moderator renamed this fucking thread then moved it from dev corner to bug, as :
1 : i don't know if it is a bug or feature
2 : MA never acknowledge bugs

Yup. I put in a support case about this and was told it was intentional. Here is the whole history:

2014-05-15 17:37 You wrote:

There currently seems to be an issue with searching the in-game auction. Search strings are not being properly queried. The item I am using as an example is Simple I Conductors Blueprint. If I search for that entire term, the results will return both Simple I Conductors Blueprint as well as Simple II Conductors Blueprint. I do not know if Simple III Conductors Blueprint would be included as well, since there are none currently on the auction. Nonetheless, in the past searching Simple I Conductors Blueprint did not return II or III (or any other variant), which made more sense.

Thank you,

Pandemic

2014-05-15 17:39 You wrote:

Edit: It turns out all blueprints are indeed returned - I just tested this with Weapon Damage Enhancer I Blueprint. Although I Searched for that term, I am also shown II, III, IV, and VI Blueprint - in other words, anything that contains I.

2014-05-16 15:28 Entropia Universe Support:

Pandemic,

Thank you for your report. We have forwarded this to our team for their acknowledgement and further investigation.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your help,
Entropia Universe Support

2014-05-19 20:14 Entropia Universe Support:

Pandemic,

I've been informed by our team that this behavior is intended. An undocumented feature about auction search is that you can use the percent(%) in search string to only look for specific results.

For example:

%Component - Will search for items that end with the word component.

%Tier I component - Will search for items containing all of it in this order.

Regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Thanks RobBuona,
However support is wrong, although quite helpful.

%Tier will give no results
Tier will give plenty

Tier V% will give V VI VII VIII Component

Tier V c will give tier IV V VII VIII as in OP.
Tier V c% will give the info i want in the OP, that means all Tier V Component.

Last edited:
Thanks RobBuona,
However support is wrong, although quite helpful.

%Tier will give no results
Tier will give plenty

Tier V% will give V VI VII VIII Component

Tier V c will give tier IV V VII VIII as in OP.
Tier V c% will give the info i want in the OP, that means all Tier V Component.

% > Wildcard.

%Tier > will only give u results with Tier as last name.
Tier% > will give u results with Tier as first name.

regards,

Droops

Back