Calypso devs, fix Corinth Market place!

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Kim and colleagues

Corinth market place could be a vibrant area of trading booths. Instead you have maybe 4-5 active booths, 10 or so that have never been claimed and 5 or so that have been inactive for years. Why not simply move the 15 or so dead booths to some bushland nearby to sit dormant as the owners wish them to be and replace them with 15 new booths, which more active traders can use in the Corinth area.
Makes no sense at all to keep this trading zone dead, revitalise it! Push the dead booths to the back and bring in new blood. If the old owners of the inactive booths ever log in and claim them, you can move their booth back to the main trading centre.
This plan makes sense, creates a trading hub. There are too many ghost towns on Calypso, bring some life to Corinth.

Bjorn

No more ghost towns? Bring in more players.

That what is needed on every planet it is a ... "commercial law of inactivity"
something like,
all commercial estates should go somehow back in the community (planet estate manager/auction or whatever) if onwers keeping 'em inactive/unclaimed for very long time, just hoping to get "unrealistic" profit or they are quit from the game.
Just my 2 pecs of thought

That what is needed on every planet it is a ... "commercial law of inactivity"
something like,
all commercial estates should go somehow back in the community (planet estate manager/auction or whatever) if onwers keeping 'em inactive/unclaimed for very long time, just hoping to get "unrealistic" profit or they are quit from the game.
Just my 2 pecs of thought
Same rule should apply to all items as well? After all a deed is just an item in inventory... Don't use that armor in x amount of days and back to the loot pool it goes.

Kim and colleagues

Corinth market place could be a vibrant area of trading booths. Instead you have maybe 4-5 active booths, 10 or so that have never been claimed and 5 or so that have been inactive for years. Why not simply move the 15 or so dead booths to some bushland nearby to sit dormant as the owners wish them to be and replace them with 15 new booths, which more active traders can use in the Corinth area.
Makes no sense at all to keep this trading zone dead, revitalise it! Push the dead booths to the back and bring in new blood. If the old owners of the inactive booths ever log in and claim them, you can move their booth back to the main trading centre.
This plan makes sense, creates a trading hub. There are too many ghost towns on Calypso, bring some life to Corinth.

Bjorn

As a rather heavy invested player you should know better that what you ask for is rather dangerous and not wise.

Imagine that you go for whatever reason you take extended break from game or using your assets.
How would you feel if after coming back/wanting to use it you would see that MA made your asset useless and created new ones that took your place?

Again, silly and dangerous idea.

Why not simply move the 15 or so dead booths to some bushland nearby to sit dormant as the owners wish them to be and replace them with 15 new booths, which more active traders can use in the Corinth area.

The only way I can see this possibly happening without ruining any trust investors have in the game would be if they send repeated warnings about it for at least 1 year before doing it (via email, or whatever) :scratch2: and even then people would complain.

According to the EULA, there are 3 years of inactivity of player, then all of the assets can be returned to the game (and refunded to inactive player as PED equivalent). May, but are not returned maybe (Only this may be a item of discussion). All other ideas expressed here - nonsense. Use the rule from the EULA! No other crazy things!

Really bad idea to mess around with player owned assets...

Last edited:
Same rule should apply to all items as well? After all a deed is just an item in inventory... Don't use that armor in x amount of days and back to the loot pool it goes.

Deed (L) wich decay by time for estate (L) wich aditionaly decay by visting it and by robot atacks, with shops (L) and shopkeepers (L) wich also decay by usnig - visiting them, containing (L) items for sale wich will wanish if any of previous named items/deeds/estates decay?
Will be in complete harmony and sync with players deposits (L) balance...specialy after robot war.

Or just face the thruth that there aren't many players that wan't shop or booth (and don't own it already).
If I try to sell my shop for the average market price how many players will buy it. 1 or 2.

And I think this idea is coming every month on the forums and everytime people explain why it is bad idea.

I don't know much about the legalities of things like this, but it sounds like a recipe for angry threads. I mean, it may seem like the shops are dormant but I garuntee at least one owner would suddenly reapper at that moment and make a load of nasty threads on here and try to drag MA's name through the dung

According to the EULA, there are 3 years of inactivity of player, then all of the assets can be returned to the game (and refunded to inactive player as PED equivalent). May, but are not returned maybe (Only this may be a item of discussion). All other ideas expressed here - nonsense. Use the rule from the EULA! No other crazy things!

Agreed 100%

Time for a crazy idea that never will come:
Maybe time to create a co-op feature to estates?
So Society can share a shop, a booth and so on, with settings that either share
the income from sales, or it goes to each player that put the stuff up for sale.
A maximum of lets say 5 people per estate. :)

the income from sales, or it goes to each player that put the stuff up for sale.

I would love that!

5 lucky bastards. With average shop profit of 1 PED per month they will soon be swiming in peds :yay:

5 lucky bastards. With average shop profit of 1 PED per month they will soon be swiming in peds :yay:

Average profit 1 PED per month!? :laugh:

If you sell only TT-stuff - maybe.
In my Shop daily turnover is from 200 to 1500 PED.
The average turnover is approximately 15,000 PED per month.
I will not give figures of profit because they are strongly tied to manufacturing.
What kind of 'one PED profit per month' you talking about?

PS Sharing the Shops may be a good idea, but depends how it will be realized.

Average profit 1 PED per month!? :laugh:

If you sell only TT-stuff - maybe.
In my Shop daily turnover is from 200 to 1500 PED.
The average turnover is approximately 15,000 PED per month.
I will not give figures of profit because they are strongly tied to manufacturing.
What kind of 'one PED profit per month' you talking about?

If you sell gun in your shop for 200 ped that you can sell on auction for 201 ped you really have turnover of 200 peds.
And I said 'average' so if we combine the profit of all shops and divede it by the number of shops it will be close to 1 ped (optimistic estimation).
The point is that it's not like someone is going to use such a system.

isn't crazy idea at all :wise:
it is in my "package" of ideas too and it can be realy awesome combine with introduction of shareholders and contracts ;)
i'm preparing to introduce my suggestions in the near future

+rep anyway

If I sold the gun for 200 ped, it does not mean that I bought it for 199. I had manufactured it, but the cost of its production is somewhat different.

An optimistic estimate is really close to value, as you said, because most of the shop owners sell junk there. In the Shop you need to work, and do not selling a stacks with shit.

If I sold the gun for 200 ped, it does not mean that I bought it for 199. I had manufactured it, but the cost of its production is somewhat different.

An optimistic estimate is really close to value, as you said, because most of the shop owners sell junk there. In the Shop you need to work, and do not selling a stacks with shit.

I know what you mean Andy,
you are one of the few professionals and your shop is one of the good ones, I can think KJ's too on Ark and couple other guys.
Shop owners should take their job realy serious because there isn't much of a difference in VR and RL commerce.
I owned a shop in SL for 7 years and I know how you can do it with success.
HARD WORK is the first ingredient (but we are going out of the thread subject I'm afraid!) :tongue2:

MA and PP's should take care all the bugs anyway, because there are ppl that investing time and real money in this

Really bad idea to mess around with player owned assets...

Weird comment, because that's exactly what happened at cape corinth. The booths were quite happy on their platform with people having to go through them to reach the shinkiba waves behind them, or any other mobs during events.

Now they sit on a road where the only traffic is new players who just arrived on the planet, because the tp is now on a different level inside a building. The booths are not visible from this tp, nor is it easy to reach the booths, and you don't have to go through them to reach your hunting grounds. (unless you hunt punies, in which case you are not a shopping person)

If you sell gun in your shop for 200 ped that you can sell on auction for 201 ped you really have turnover of 200 peds.
And I said 'average' so if we combine the profit of all shops and divede it by the number of shops it will be close to 1 ped (optimistic estimation).
The point is that it's not like someone is going to use such a system.

Depends on the people that are in the co-op.
For societies that use a kind of closed economy now, a system like that
will help out a lot, but sure there are cheaper ways to solve that with excisting
system. ;)
The point of using a co-op system is to get more stuff in stores, preferably
things that will sell too... :D ;)

Back