Question: 2nd drop finding closer than 1st drop finding? Did it happen before?

.....PS @Billy - this is only for efficiently covering an area. Let's not talk about returns in the field.
That's another painfull subject :banghead:
ofc that is the subject, how we covering the terrain :yup:
we don't want to discuss for returns here

Never in my mining career i had 2nd claim closer than 1st. Managed even once to confirm that for CND/FOMA.
If that is true that mean MA might change something in mining system without noticing players again.
If that is true few well known mining techniques will be in need of adjustment especialy those involving rebombing and field overlaping. It is potencialy significant change for hi amped miners on FOMA/Hell

I usualy rebomb if remaining area of the bomb circle is worth giving the pecs. Otherwise I cover the area by future bombs overlapping.
Just to add some calculations to what Sunsout said:

RadiusCircle area% of area1-% area
0,100,031415927 1% 99%
0,200,125663706 4% 96%
0,250,196349541 6% 94%
0,330,34211944 11% 89%
0,500,785398163 25% 75%
0,661,36847776 44% 56%
0,751,767145868 56% 44%
0,802,010619298 64% 36%
0,902,544690049 81% 19%
1,003,141592654 100% 0%

Wow...never knew that even at 50% of finder radius, we're only covering 25% of potential search area. Definitely must rebomb/reprobe. Wahahahaha.

There are no set physical locations for mining points in the world, just mine like you normally mine

There are no set physical locations for mining points in the world, just mine like you normally mine

Thx cpt. Obvious.....we are talking about single probe coverage here. There is no way you can get 2 claims with single probe (not talking about ore/mater per 1 probe in new system - just 2 of same kind like ore/ore or matter/matter)

So called "rebomb" had sense because so far search radius ended at distance where 1st claim was found. As we can see now it is no longer the case as 2nd claim can now be closer than 1st.

As for meritum :

there is one more possible explanation. 2nd claim migh "just spawn" in tiny time window betwen 1 st and 2nd probe at closer range but that imply that MA changed system from random/dynamic claim find % rate into physical representation of claim on location - like it was long time ago around 2003 and is very,very unlikely. In current system when each drop in non marked "nrf" area for miner is some dynamic/random % chance to find a claim such event would be almost impossible to observe.

Thx cpt. Obvious.....we are talking about single probe coverage here. There is no way you can get 2 claims with single probe (not talking about ore/mater per 1 probe in new system - just 2 of same kind like ore/ore or matter/matter)

So called "rebomb" had sense because so far search radius ended at distance where 1st claim was found. As we can see now it is no longer the case as 2nd claim can now be closer than 1st.

As for meritum :

there is one more possible explanation. 2nd claim migh "just spawn" in tiny time window betwen 1 st and 2nd probe at closer range but that imply that MA changed system from random/dynamic claim find % rate into physical representation of claim on location - like it was long time ago around 2003 and is very,very unlikely. In current system when each drop in non marked "nrf" area for miner is some dynamic/random % chance to find a claim such event would be almost impossible to observe.

Mining question, if you let a claim "expire" does it still exist after it's expiry ?

If yes, I would agree with the idea of a mining "database"
If no, the mining sites are not "generated" in a database

Wasn't the case back in the days, nowadays found claims this way several times. Weird :confused:

Last night mining on Eudoria:
- 1 st drop (ore + enmat) -> Crude Oil, 460m depth 12,2m from drop spot
- 2 nd drop, same spot (enmat) -> Crude Oil, 482m depth, 2,2m from drop spot, just in front of me... :eyecrazy:
:confused:
WTF? I did not move between drops, 20 secs apart...
And happened again 2 more times... so it was not a glitch.

From my mining experience, you first find the deposits close to you, then with each drop farther and farther away, not the other way arround.
Even LBML is based on this assumption...

Did it happen to you recently?
Did MA changed something in mining... again???
What could be the explanation?

Very simple... Something happened, you probed at the exact time that a respawn occured.

However there could be other explanations. I have noticed over the past couple of days a sort of diminishing returns pattern in EU. The distance between claims increases in size, dont know if anyone else picked this up

This is normal and has been for as long as I have known mining.

I re-bomb every hit I get in all honesty, I see it alot. Sometimes you get fields of many claims in one spot. 8 is my most found from one spot.
Also the claim sizes tend to grow with each rebombing (tend to... )

My weak theory is that someone comes and takes the newest, smallest claim and moves on, missing the many claims below it that have been building into larger claims, and not bombed enough to be found.

In your case the closest claim to you was the 1st one based on depth from surface.
The second claim had more depth, , which is why it showed second.

My tower was a rebomb.

Last edited:
Last night mining on Eudoria:
- 1 st drop (ore + enmat) -> Crude Oil, 460m depth 12,2m from drop spot
- 2 nd drop, same spot (enmat) -> Crude Oil, 482m depth, 2,2m from drop spot, just in front of me... :eyecrazy:
WTF? I did not move between drops, 20 secs apart...
And happened again 2 more times... so it was not a glitch.

From my mining experience, you first find the deposits close to you, then with each drop farther and farther away, not the other way arround.
Even LBML is based on this assumption...

Did it happen to you recently?
Did MA changed something in mining... again???
What could be the explanation?

I'm not sure but what happened to me today may be related. I'm sure it has happened in the past but never verified it until today.

You will not notice this if you don't drop 30 probes at a time and then double drop on a regular basis.

I always stop and then drop 30 probes, then I drop 30 probes on each find. Today I did a 30 probe drop and got a mineral find 17m away from drop location. So I dropped 30 probes at the claim marker. This time I got 1 mineral find about 20m away, but I also got a EnMatter find right next to to the first mineral find. On the radar it looked like the 2 finds were 1.

So for some reason the first 30 probe drop did not locate the enmatter find that was right on top of the mineral deposit. By marking the initial drop spot I repeated these results several times, that is to say it took 2 drops to find something that was in range of the first drop.

Have any other dopple droppers noticed this?

As I said in previous post,
I found a sec claim in the same spot in a matter of seconds, many times
I do that when I have indication from LBML (radius of the drop adjusted accordingly to the find and doesn't cover the full 55 meters).
Closer than the first claim it is rare for me, i think once or twice happen,
most likely are deeper and a bit farther.
Right now I do mining runs on RT - FOMA -Hell
not on Caly since spring.

Last edited:
There is also another explanation

MA chnged mining sytem in a way that now finding a claim in searched area/radiu + depth has CoS like in crafting. It may be quite high ( like 99% or smth depend on skils) but is not 100% anymore. I ma talking about case when claim was in search radius of miner and in old system eould be found by certain miner.

There is also another explanation

MA chnged mining sytem in a way that now finding a claim in searched area/radiu + depth has CoS like in crafting. It may be quite high ( like 99% or smth depend on skils) but is not 100% anymore. I ma talking about case when claim was in search radius of miner and in old system eould be found by certain miner.

Interesting hypothesis. If MA would have done that, the whole mining system would change...
Tough demonstration.

This has always been possible, it just means that a claim spawned right after your first drop. Not a common thing, but it has to happen sometimes.

I think this is the answer, something slightly different but similar happened to me last night for the first time.

Was double dropping, ore and enmatter, got a very close ore claim within a few meters, I would normally uncheck the enmatter icon on the finder and re-drop, but I forgot to do so, so double dropped again in exactly the same spot, and got a double find.

Clearly the enmatter claim had spawned between the drops.

I'm not sure but what happened to me today may be related. I'm sure it has happened in the past but never verified it until today.

You will not notice this if you don't drop 30 probes at a time and then double drop on a regular basis.

I always stop and then drop 30 probes, then I drop 30 probes on each find. Today I did a 30 probe drop and got a mineral find 17m away from drop location. So I dropped 30 probes at the claim marker. This time I got 1 mineral find about 20m away, but I also got a EnMatter find right next to to the first mineral find. On the radar it looked like the 2 finds were 1.

So for some reason the first 30 probe drop did not locate the enmatter find that was right on top of the mineral deposit. By marking the initial drop spot I repeated these results several times, that is to say it took 2 drops to find something that was in range of the first drop.

Have any other dopple droppers noticed this?

LOL, I hadn't read your post when I did the original reply to Neil ... maybe something has changed recently, seems an unlikely conincidence for what would normally be avery rare occurrance?

Claims seems to appear more frequently within the 20 m from where you mine, sometimes even closer..

I normally rebomb in these cases (thinking radius hasn't been covered..) but now it seems you always got nrf..

:scratch2:

Back