Question: Why are they still here?

to try and spread the good word narfi and I went to forum after forum and try spread the good word of entropia, unfortunately everywhere an anywhere you went there where people that where hard to deal with but if you kept your cool and tried explaining things to them a lot of the time they would even become interested again in the game.

trolls will be trolls, sometimes they just need to be listened to and explained things in a different light

Why is it that certain people who do not have any active role in EU whatsoever are allowed to continuously post trash on this forum about MindArk, the devs, the Planet Partners, and also other users?

A lot of these people used to play but dont any more. Some of them seemingly never played. But they are still here, trolling away, littering the forum with the garbage that spews out of their poisonous disturbed minds.

What kind of person spends so much time posting in a forum for a video game they dont even play?

Why is it that those of us who DO play and especially those of us who have donated money to support this forum have to stumble over the garbage they post? Why is it that MindArk tolerates these individuals continuously posting unsubstantiated defamatory, malicious, and negative material?

These people are a detrimental cancer on this forum and also the entire Entropia Universe and as a result their forum accounts should be terminated, especially since they do not play the game. One that I can think of has over 10K posts but not one single global ever in all the years he has been posting.. Not one.. nothing for hunting, mining, or crafting. His sole function is to get the links in his signature in front of as many people as he can, many of those links go to his personal blog that is exclusively dedicated to his conspiracy theories about MindArk and various people who play the game. Some players, including myself, have had to threaten him with legal action to remove content, one person almost had an IRL business destroyed because of scamming accusations on that blog which turned out to simply be a mistaken identity. He didnt even post info about the right guy.

So I think the following question is valid:

Why are they still here?

Why do you even read what he posts, if it's true agree and if untrue disagree and leave it at that, no point on replying on ever single post if he knows he will get a reaction.

Why do you even read what he posts, if it's true agree and if untrue disagree and leave it at that, no point on replying on ever single post if he knows he will get a reaction.

Which thread should I look at to find out who "he" is?

People who post trash just to destroy a game community have an influence on the opinion of newcomers and thus hurt us all.

They are ghosts, still haunting a location they used to inhabit when they were (virtually) alive.

They are ghosts, still haunting a location they used to inhabit when they were (virtually) alive.

Ahh, so we need to call VirtualGhostbusters[SUP]TM[/SUP] to sort it out? :cool:

More like haunting the forums

I completely see the point, and it has complete validity. I don't understand the logic either. When I left for a couple years, I left, there was no reason to keep up with news that did not apply to me. But it would be impossible to police.

And in some offhand way, while it isn't preferred advertizing, that person you speak of does get the Entropia name out there....I dare say more than the CLD income does. And even bad news can sometimes get a curious naysayer who wants to prove the author wrong.

I also believe in criticism being a catalyst for positive change in many instances. Without criticism, we may have never seen some of the greatest things in our time, become great. So while they tear it down, I only hope people at MA don't completely disregard the fact that these people are very much upset for whatever seemingly illogical reasons.

Why is it that certain people who do not have any active role in EU whatsoever are allowed to continuously post trash on this forum about MindArk, the devs, the Planet Partners, and also other users?

A lot of these people used to play but dont any more. Some of them seemingly never played. But they are still here, trolling away, littering the forum with the garbage that spews out of their poisonous disturbed minds.

What kind of person spends so much time posting in a forum for a video game they dont even play?

Why is it that those of us who DO play and especially those of us who have donated money to support this forum have to stumble over the garbage they post? Why is it that MindArk tolerates these individuals continuously posting unsubstantiated defamatory, malicious, and negative material?

These people are a detrimental cancer on this forum and also the entire Entropia Universe and as a result their forum accounts should be terminated, especially since they do not play the game. One that I can think of has over 10K posts but not one single global ever in all the years he has been posting.. Not one.. nothing for hunting, mining, or crafting. His sole function is to get the links in his signature in front of as many people as he can, many of those links go to his personal blog that is exclusively dedicated to his conspiracy theories about MindArk and various people who play the game. Some players, including myself, have had to threaten him with legal action to remove content, one person almost had an IRL business destroyed because of scamming accusations on that blog which turned out to simply be a mistaken identity. He didnt even post info about the right guy.

Why are they still here?

becose one of the most important think about internet is freedom of speech. and from youre post you don't seem to understand it this the only time I given any one bad rep but youre post deserve it.

Some people escape to games because they've failed at life. Once they fail at a game too, there's not much left for them to do than to stick to its forum.

So according to a neg rep I got by a person who apparently hasn't played EU in several months, my original post in this thread is racist.

That's right. :laugh:

Due to forum policies I can't quote the neg rep or give the name but I thought I'd share.

What a joke some people are

So maybe I'm also arrogant if I dismiss that person as being a complete fool? :scratch2:

becose one of the most important think about internet is freedom of speech. and from youre post you don't seem to understand it this the only time I given any one bad rep but youre post deserve it.

1) With freedom comes responsibility. It reminds me of a story, originally from Aristotle or Socrates or something.

Socrates' Logic:

One day the great Greek philosopher Socrates (469 - 399 BC) came upon an acquaintance who ran up to him excitedly and said, "Socrates, do you know what I just heard about one of your students?"

"Wait a moment," Socrates replied. "Before you tell me I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Test of Three."

"Three?", exclaimed the student.

"That's right," Socrates continued. "Before you talk to me about my student let's take a moment to test what you're going to say. The first test is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"

"Oh no," the man said, "actually I just heard about it."

"All right," said Socrates. "So you don't really know if it's true or not. Now let's try the second test, the test of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my student something good?"

"No, on the contrary..."

"So," Socrates interrupted, "you want to tell me something bad about him even though you're not certain it's true?"

The man shrugged, a little embarrassed.

Socrates continued. "You may still pass though, because there is a third test - the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my student going to be useful to me?"

"Well it....no, not really..."

"Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell me is neither True nor Good nor even Useful, why tell it to me at all?"

The man was defeated and ashamed. This is the reason Socrates was a great philosopher and held in such high esteem.

It's quite well summarized here:
3606.jpg

2) The same freedom of speech you cling to, goes for the OP too. He is very well in his right to ask this question.

An advise to those just here to spout more negativity: let it go. Really. Not for all of us, because you probably don't give a crap about how anyone on this forum feels, but for yourself. Free yourself from the anger, the frustration, the negativity. Because the one most negatively affected by this, is you.

Stop fighting your useless fight to change a game you don't want to play anyway. Stop fighting your useless fight, as you won't win it anyway. Just walk away and find something else. Something that you love. Something that makes you happy.

Please, I ask you this, for yourself.

Some people escape to games because they've failed at life. Once they fail at a game too, there's not much left for them to do than to stick to its forum.

This is 100% correct Svarog!

And Max... I know exactly what you mean and wish we could filter it! people that dont play the game cannot complain about it

Well if you are doing something wrong, I sure dont know what it is :scratch2:

I have had many personal disagreements with the direction of this Universe, in its many adjustments and reincarnations, but they have always been just that - personal and private disagreements. To speak one's mind on a matter is an opinion, and to offer advice on a better course is constructive criticism; but to continually berate the game and its direction is a source of internal displeasure which can be infectious within those of similar sentiment, being passionate about the game, or a bandwagoner on the trail of discord.

Some have appreciated the changes, and others, readjusted their sails to navigate the storm of change and waves of uncertainty to arrive in better weather. To those who have departed from the game only to continually curse its existence and modifications, also damn the memory of the good to which they recollect and compare.

HardWrath said:
I read all of your posts going back to 2005...

Should I be flattered, or worried? :) I have had little issue with the community in-game, probably being the source of more problems than I have suffered; but all in the name of fun, according to the game's design, or flaw, depending upon the result. I have not been active in-game for a very long time, years at its current stretch, and could probably not log-in if I wanted to without divine intervention on Mind Ark's part.

HardWrath said:
The point is that your reason for coming to this forum isn't nefarious in nature.

I understand. One must make the best of a bad situation, or remove oneself altogether as a variable in the problem.

Quite frankly I think MA deserves it at times, their current offering is based on desperate players hanging on by their finger tips.

I've been away from hunting for 2 months, I've logged in a few times to help with some healing. But yesterday I thought I'd throw $80 at it (£50 in my money), and give migration a shot. Hunted LT's mainly and did a few feff elites.

Sure I got a few oil globals, every run was a loss though, and not a single item to make it remotely entertaining. I got two evenings out of that $80, so I guess much better than a lot of players I know. But only deposited yesterday...lol.

At the end of it I threw my phantom and fap etc to auction, well what is the point really. MA have turned it into a F***ing expensive game, with no loot, or items, constantly adjusted avas, and insane hitting mobs. The game might look pretty but under the hood it's now a pile of shit to what it once was.

And ESI, not seen one for so long it's become a joke, no risk of me chipping out then.

I won't waste no more time and money at it.

In some ways I'm glad I deposited $80, I was considering bidding for the stables. So maybe MA did me a favour, I'll leave my $5000 in my bank account (misses will be happy).

Well that's it from me, trolling...nahhh I got a real life.

Good luck to those that stick around, and by the way I'm one of those decent deposits you like.

bye bye.

Rick

Quite frankly I think MA deserves it at times, their current offering is based on desperate players hanging on by their finger tips.

I've been away from hunting for 2 months, I've logged in a few times to help with some healing. But yesterday I thought I'd throw $80 at it (£50 in my money), and give migration a shot. Hunted LT's mainly and did a few feff elites.

Sure I got a few oil globals, every run was a loss though, and not a single item to make it remotely entertaining. I got two evenings out of that $80, so I guess much better than a lot of players I know. But only deposited yesterday...lol.

At the end of it I threw my phantom and fap etc to auction, well what is the point really. MA have turned it into a F***ing expensive game, with no loot, or items, constantly adjusted avas, and insane hitting mobs. The game might look pretty but under the hood it's now a pile of shit to what it once was.

And ESI, not seen one for so long it's become a joke, no risk of me chipping out then.

I won't waste no more time and money at it.

In some ways I'm glad I deposited $80, I was considering bidding for the stables. So maybe MA did me a favour, I'll leave my $5000 in my bank account (misses will be happy).

Well that's it from me, trolling...nahhh I got a real life.

Good luck to those that stick around, and by the way I'm one of those decent deposits you like.

bye bye.

Rick

We already hear that story a time ago . Bye :smoke:

So according to a neg rep I got by a person who apparently hasn't played EU in several months, my original post in this thread is racist.

That's right. :laugh:

Due to forum policies I can't quote the neg rep or give the name but I thought I'd share.

What a joke some people are

So maybe I'm also arrogant if I dismiss that person as being a complete fool? :scratch2:

yes the comment say is racist (and you should know it becose you speeak englich well).

racisam is based on anything is not simply on color of the skin.

for example elaborate racisam is like:

look this big store the owner must be jew...

you post imply form of racisam against those taht do not chare youre opinions is even more dangerous becose it lead to ..... i dont knwo the word in English.

But youre post clearly specify that if someone don't play EU any more is not entitle to freedom of speeach.

What is even more wrong is taht you never asked why those don't play ?

Did you for example say that am still waiting 2 years for my coat to be fixed as it was before ?

PS. you giving me bad rep back just show that you cant take life.

Last edited:
1)
2) The same freedom of speech you cling to, goes for the OP too. He is very well in his right to ask this question.

Please, I ask you this, for yourself.

Why are they still here?

you should read the post before he dont realy ask read the post few times read beetwin lines.

1, he makes statements
2, he ask for sencorchip (not just bad luanguage but simply to stop expresing our selfs if we dont share positif opinions about EU)
3, China is doing well in this kind of statements (now see taht is racist)

4, name me one game in which BUG is not fixed after TWO YEARS !!! SO YES I BICH !!!

Last edited:
you should read the post before he dont realy ask read the post few times read beetwin lines.

1, he makes statements
2, he ask for sencorchip (not just bad luanguage but simply to stop expresing our selfs if we dont share positif opinions about EU)
3, China is doing well in this kind of statements (now see taht is racist)

4, name me one game in which BUG is not fixed after TWO YEARS !!! SO YES I BICH !!!

And you can because you actively play. This thread is not about you.

Why are they still here?

You have a good point there, one of the reason I became much less active here.

But there is another fundamental problem with this forum that rarely get's addressed.

On these forums we seems to have a bunch of active EU players who seem to have a god complex.
Roaming around these forums with their wooden hammers they play the 'Whac-A-Mole' game.
Whenever someone posts, what they preserve as negative, they start whacking at it.
Even if the original poster did not put it negative or intended it to be negative.
In their view, it is negative and they will do whatever they can to make the everyone agree with them.

Just read around these forums and you find them, quick.

Both groups leave a bad impression on the new visitors.

Happy hunting.

And you can because you actively play. This thread is not about you.

i dont realy play any more as i used to... i simply decided to protest against the clothes bug and not deposit in EU any more but MA don't care so i keep away.

I like EU if i personaly did not like it at all i probably wont be posting at all.

I did make many good post and i think MA did good thinks and is only normal to congratulate them when they do, and i post crap when i think they do bad thinks.

Spawn i dont think is about me but in same time is about me becose is about every one i defend the fact that ppl should speack whith freedom and we can ignore them, debate or what ever we chose to but i dont want someone 'banned' becose he opinion is not mine.

Back