Question: Why are they still here?

HardWrath

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Max HardWrath Mayhem
Why is it that certain people who do not have any active role in EU whatsoever are allowed to continuously post trash on this forum about MindArk, the devs, the Planet Partners, and also other users?

A lot of these people used to play but dont any more. Some of them seemingly never played. But they are still here, trolling away, littering the forum with the garbage that spews out of their poisonous disturbed minds.

What kind of person spends so much time posting in a forum for a video game they dont even play?

Why is it that those of us who DO play and especially those of us who have donated money to support this forum have to stumble over the garbage they post? Why is it that MindArk tolerates these individuals continuously posting unsubstantiated defamatory, malicious, and negative material?

These people are a detrimental cancer on this forum and also the entire Entropia Universe and as a result their forum accounts should be terminated, especially since they do not play the game. One that I can think of has over 10K posts but not one single global ever in all the years he has been posting.. Not one.. nothing for hunting, mining, or crafting. His sole function is to get the links in his signature in front of as many people as he can, many of those links go to his personal blog that is exclusively dedicated to his conspiracy theories about MindArk and various people who play the game. Some players, including myself, have had to threaten him with legal action to remove content, one person almost had an IRL business destroyed because of scamming accusations on that blog which turned out to simply be a mistaken identity. He didnt even post info about the right guy.

So I think the following question is valid:

Why are they still here?

I think if done right, scrutiny and criticism is a good thing as it forces MA/PP to up their game. However some people are a bit deranged and some excessvely negative, though I think you can be banned from forums for the latter.

Could you please name them ?

Why is it that certain people who do not have any active role in EU whatsoever are allowed to continuously post trash on this forum about MindArk, the devs, the Planet Partners, and also other users?

Blah blah blah....

Why are they still here?

Err... this is just a "Game".... A Virtual place to escape. I don't believe all that I hear and read in the RL Media, and certainly don't pay any attention to all the "Fluff" on this or any other forum. It just passes the time whilst I drink my Tea.

Dirk

I think if done right, scrutiny and criticism is a good thing as it forces MA/PP to up their game. However some people are a bit deranged and some excessvely negative, though I think you can be banned from forums for the latter.

Agreed 100%

Could you please name them ?

Oh i could make a whole list :laugh:

...but that would be bad form.

The people who I am talking about in this thread are the ones that don't even play the game. There is no reason whatsoever for them to be here. None. This is a fan site dedicated to Planet Calypso and the Entropia Universe for participants to discuss game related things.

/mod note/

There is no requirement in the PCF rules for a member to be an active participant in EU.

Even if there were one, such a rule would be impossible to administrate, as activity in EU cannot be measured only by a player's EL profile.
For example - how many globals do you see from a player who is exclusively a colorer, or beautician?
Or others who run businesses, whether they be pilots or traders, or whatever?
What about someone who hasn't played for a while, but their EU account has not been closed by MA?
How would mods know if their EU account had been closed anyway, even if they hadn't played regularly for some yrs?

All members however are subject to the forum rules, including rule 2.9:
2.9 - Excessive Complaining
Excessive complaining and/or whining disrupts the Mission of PlanetCalypsoForum and interferes with the ability of other members and visitors to enjoy their visit to PlanetCalypsoForum, and is therefore NOT permitted. Any content submitted to PlanetCalypsoForum that is considered by the Forum Staff to be in violation of this rule may be edited or deleted without notice.

This rule has been enforced in the past, and will continue to be enforced.

If you feel that a member has violated that rule, you are at liberty to report any post using the 'Report Post' function (ie the icon that looks like an exclamation mark in a triangle, that is in the bottom left corner of each post), to bring it to the attention of the forum mods/admin.
(Note: While we will ALWAYS look at it, we may or may not agree with your assessment. On occasion, mods may consult together to arrive at a consensus decision.)

Things dosn't work out that easy. It is technically possible to ban peoples accounts from pcf but this action would trigger a huge wave of negative publicity that would most certainly strike mindarks allready not so good reputation very hard. Just banning someone from a communication channel dosn't silence them. Also i wouldn't dare to judge who deserves to recieve a ban. Altough i understand where you comming from this is a very bad idea to deal with it.

I agree that its not black and white most of the time and not always easy.

Imagine if my signature for example was full of links to threads that contain nothing but interpersonal drama and disputes, links to my personal blog that's dedicated to destroying EU and everyone in it, links that label a different member as the "worse troll in EU", etc etc.

Now also imagine if I posted everywhere, about everything, all of the time, just so I could get that signature in front of as many people as possible in order to bring attention to years old drama and so I could get traffic on my personal blog.

I think if I did those things, I would be banned, and I believe that simply because I've been temp banned for a lot less on more than one occasion over the last 8.5 years I've been in this forum.

Last edited:
I have several players in my society who seldom global. Are they not allowed to raise their voice?
Does the amount of money one spends give you more rights to post on this forum?
I agree that people who don't have an ingame account anymore should not post here anymore, if all they can is bash. But how to know?

I have several players in my society who seldom global. Are they not allowed to raise their voice?
I agree that people who don't have an ingame account anymore should not post here anymore, if all they can is bash. But how to know?

Valid points. I suppose my frustration with this subject primarily centers around those who are here simply to bash others and/or tear down the game. I've gotten as specific as I can without naming names. I'm just surprised that some of these people are still part of this forum.

I put a lot of effort forth in game to do something positive, to contribute to EU in a good way. Its frustrating to watch people who are here to do the opposite.

Last edited:

There are people who complain here that have posted multiple times that they do not play anymore (in some cases since several years), so maybe start with them then? :dunno:

Was even a guy a couple of years back that had stopped playing and only remained on the forum to PM newbies, flaming/insulting them and telling them to leave... He was banned pretty quick at least, once some newbie started a thread about it wondering who that guy was :silly2:

Some monthly fee based games have ended up with
A) publicly accessible forum (nothing much going on there)
B) restricted forum (the "real" forum, accessible only to ppl with active subscription)

If they decided to go through all this trouble and build such a complex system there had to be a good reason... :)

AW (loosely RCE-oriented MMO) forum is accessible only to ppl who have an avatar ingame. No checks for activity but at least u can't create forum alts with 2 clicks.

Funny thing here is that the person you complain about is coming from a society you ran for so long time and helped to build :D

Partially I see some point of what you claim and it is realy "sick" someone to post (and as you said A LOT!) in a forum of MMO and never playing it.
But I don't think it is correct to measure the participation of a person from how many global's/HoF's he made or he/she publish. There are people doing activities that aren't produce any of those.

Last edited:
Yeah, I find it odd that you would even associate with a game that you're not part of anymore. When I stopped playing, I stopped posting as simple as that! The best way to bury their posts is to bring lots more people back into the game to repopulate EU and bury their negativity :laugh:

There's a possibility that some of them are agents of other games trying to keep new players away from EU, this explains their constant bashing of the game. I can't see much other reason for people to obsess over a game they tried once 5 years ago and didn't like.

There's a possibility that some of them are agents of other games trying to keep new players away from EU, this explains their constant bashing of the game. I can't see much other reason for people to obsess over a game they tried once 5 years ago and didn't like.

Entropia Universe is the biggest concurrent and bloody danger for Zynga.

Yeah. Right. It's now clear.

A lot of these people used to play but dont any more. Some of them seemingly never played. But they are still here, trolling away, littering the forum with the garbage that spews out of their poisonous disturbed minds.

Resellers and others who want to keep their incomes up?

Because i love the game's design (but do not like how they manage the game).

Because i love the game's design (but do not like how they manage the game).

Valentin Sir Valentin Vladar
Favorite Mob: Aurli
Highest Loot: 45 575 PED
Total Loot: 1 310 246 PED
Hunting Rank: 17 of 3 245

Umn :laugh:

You are a pretty damn active hunter and IMO should post and share your opinion anytime.

Maybe I misread what you were trying to say or you me, but I was strictly speaking about people who do not participate in the game in any meaningful way. And yes even simply sweating is participating in the game in a meaningful way.

You mean this whole time I have been doing it wrong? Figures. :rolleyes:

You mean this whole time I have been doing it wrong? Figures. :rolleyes:

Well if you are doing something wrong, I sure dont know what it is :scratch2:

I read all of your posts going back to 2005 and I don't see anything that you post that's meant to tear down EU or its players. Seemingly you aren't active in the loot system unless its team or shared loot, but so what?

The point is that your reason for coming to this forum isn't nefarious in nature.

Valentin Sir Valentin Vladar
Favorite Mob: Aurli
Highest Loot: 45 575 PED
Total Loot: 1 310 246 PED
Hunting Rank: 17 of 3 245

Umn :laugh:

You are a pretty damn active hunter and IMO should post and share your opinion anytime.

Maybe I misread what you were trying to say or you me, but I was strictly speaking about people who do not participate in the game in any meaningful way. And yes even simply sweating is participating in the game in a meaningful way.

No. .. I have nothing against those who play here only those who manage the game so bad on Mind Ark.

No. .. I have nothing against those who play here only those who manage the game so bad on Mind Ark.

There are things I would do differently too but I think thats not what this thread is about.

And agree or disagree, I also dont have a problem with those who play EU

As I've said over and over, its strictly the ones who dont play EU but endlessly troll the forums with negativity. Those people are the ones who scare off new players. They are the ones who discourage existing players from finding enjoyment in the game. They are the ones who cause MindArk to simply not care what we say here on this forum.

I think it is because they finished putting people down calling them fags, gay or retarded on youtube so had nothing to do for the rest of their day.

Back