What is the plan for MindForce Amps?

HardWrath

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Max HardWrath Mayhem
Yes... I know, I know.

However, this question for the Devs is valid: What is the plan for MindForce Amps?

It seems that others want to know the answer to this question too.

After all, its no secret that MindForce isn't even close to being competitive in terms of DPS or DPP when compared to other ranged weapons. From what I see when I'm out hunting, there are a lot of people who want to hunt with MindForce, I'm one of them.

Oh, and I wanted to publicly say:
Thank you for making Melee Amps a recent priority and working to fulfill old promises.

Reactions: das
I really hope for MF amps as soon as humanly possible.

1 question, do they need to be an MA thing? I mean is it possible say Toulan or another PP could just go ahead and develop/release them autonomously?

I really hope for MF amps as soon as humanly possible.

1 question, do they need to be an MA thing? I mean is it possible say Toulan or another PP could just go ahead and develop/release them autonomously?

I think it would have to be a MA thing so as to control and maintain economic balance.

In a poll attached to a thread created by Kitch, over 70% of people said that they want MindForce amps.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?262919-We-need-MF-amps-immediately

I suspect that the others that voted against it, don't hunt with MindForce, but also wouldn't complain if they ended up looting a MindForce amp or amp blueprint.

Loot system turnover directly correlates to gross revenue for MindArk as well as profitability shared by its investors. For the sake of the company and the investors, please allow us to more easily turn over money more quickly by providing MindForce amps.

the way poeple want amp for everthing they should make amp universal and you can put them in all items that does damage

the way its goind i should have kept my adj v1 minisweaper and demand a amp for it

the way poeple want amp for everthing they should make amp universal and you can put them in all items that does damage

the way its goind i should have kept my adj v1 minisweaper and demand a amp for it

Shoulda, coulda woulda. Like the saying goes, "It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil."

Well, I also have an Adj Mini Sweeper, and while it would be amazing for me if it all of a sudden could accept an amp, I understand why this item cant. Its a value balancing issue, however now in 2014, that is less of a factor than in years past. Since values for non-sib unlimited items have for the most part returned to a reasonable level, in the future it might just open the door for MindArk to revisit this kind of item and perhaps allow amps.

MindForce on the other hand is a whole separate profession, with a completely different set of skills, and as MF chips are now, they are off balance with other categories of weapons since they do less DPS and have less eco.

I will prefer they did it a bit different with mindforce, thats on of the points with it, to be a bit different compare to fire and melee arms. One thing they could do is to make it possible to insert additional implants that gives bonus and improvements to the chips you are using. Improved fire attacks, faster cool down, skills bonus and more.

This needs a bump

agreed bump it up. I don't even use MF but I am all about fairness in life and in games. MF needs amps just like melee and ranged, and anything else that isn't equal, rocket? I'm not sure I don't use those too. And in the future if pets add DPS then they need amps too!!! hehe :wise:

agreed bump it up. I don't even use MF but I am all about fairness in life and in games. MF needs amps just like melee and ranged, and anything else that isn't equal, rocket? I'm not sure I don't use those too. And in the future if pets add DPS then they need amps too!!! hehe :wise:

I agree... It wouldn't take me long to unlock MindForce Harmony but there isn't much point in doing it. MF chips have low DPS and low DPP. I don't see a reason why MF can't be introduced in a limited and balanced way just like what is happening with Melee Amps.

I have reservations on amps, but I also had reservations on enhancers with MF, but don't mind it so much now.

I would much prefer bigger chips instead.

I got the impression MA put a huge amount of effort into working out ammo (SME) burn on fairly eco chips, so I wouldn't be surprised if this would cause MA a huge headache to unravel.

Mindforce (MF) was always the really cool profession, to me anyhow. Just pimping it, seems wrong really. MF was all about skills, you had a be a cool wizard as such to grasp the power of MF.

VIII combustive chip is a powerful piece of kit, if you exclude the misses at 22 shots a min.

I doubt MA would let you add an amp to an arson chip. Hey who knows if it raises a shit load of peds, it's a go I guess.

I like some new toys of course "orb of destruction" or something like that.

Maybe minimum 'Psyche' points to use it (like 80 or 90 points...smiles), so people don't chip in to use it. Such things should be earned in game, not bought on a skill chip.

Just trying to keep something pure here. Maybe I'm away with the fairies.

Rick

Mindforce (MF) was always the really cool profession, to me anyhow.

I think that a lot of people think that its cool, or simply like the graphic effects of hunting with MindForce. The problem is that its not practical in terms of DPS and DPP since every other profession has 2.9xx dps options. My thinking is that if someone wants to be a mindforce hunter, and spend / cycle peds doing so, then give them a way to do it. MindArk is leaving money on the table here.

I think that a lot of people think that its cool, or simply like the graphic effects of hunting with MindForce. The problem is that its not practical in terms of DPS and DPP since every other profession has 2.9xx dps options. My thinking is that if someone wants to be a mindforce hunter, and spend / cycle peds doing so, then give them a way to do it. MindArk is leaving money on the table here.

Unless your using TEN ED. Chips. But even then DPS is limited.

I really like the graphic effects of mindforce. But the reason I dont use is because it's not as efficient as laser or BLP.

I think we'll see amps eventually, at least I hope we do. Along with the rest of the melee amps, would like to see more status effect chips as well, like an UL inhibition chip.

Well i agree with op on the direction cycling more, but being mindforce i feel this should be completely different to guns and melee.

For instance instead of the standard amp which attaches to the chip why not say turn the neopsion implant into say increased rate of fire or crits, damage, healing, range. This would then serve a purpose to the regen chips as well as others.

Being a mindforce user though i would rather see some sort of adjustments in the way the skills work. Because at the moment if you choose mindforce as a main profession you lack the hp. Its all good having added dps but if you haven't got the hp to survive attacks kinda makes the whole added dps pointless as you wont be cycling the ped because your be dieing every 5 mins.

For instance if you use guns you have a massive skill set tree which makes it alot easier for leveling but with mindforce you dont. Not saying make mf easyier to skill because alot higher lvl mf users then me spent alot money and time to get where they are but needs to be looked at. Otherwise this is still a side profession which requires you to skill guns or melee for added hp and to increase you damage skills to unlock mf harmony. Which if thats the case then what rick said higher level chips would do fine.

shaun

Last edited:
bump, this needs more chatting, as a new player who came in dreaming on MF hunting.... few weeks in im starting to see how pointless it is compared to ANYTHING else. and i already have some very good eco ten chips waiting for me.

btw i like the whole amp/implant thingy, but if u already have a 55 implant what happens to it?
would it not be easier to add an 'amp" slot on the implant and then u could slot in and out any kind of amp that would suit ur needs. such as healing + or dps + or what ever. def should be alot of options

Amps would be a great incentive to use MF more, but will not happen anyway... Just like all healing equipment is tierable, regen chips are not, and noone cares about it..

Amps would be a great incentive to use MF more, but will not happen anyway... Just like all healing equipment is tierable, regen chips are not, and noone cares about it..

Well, I suspect that we cant tier regen chips simply due to balance. MindArk clearly does not want to crash the prices of other healing tools. I think that as things are today, the fap market could absorb tiers being introduced on regen chips. I do understand that Merry Mayhem is right around the corner and most likely a lot of unlimited faps will be introduced to the market with it. Last year we saw the market absorb those new faps and things rebalanced quickly. I expect we will see the same happen this year.

Supply creates demand :wise:

The majority of players simply do not want to skill another healing profession and as a result they stick with whatever heal tools they can use for Paramedic. I have to check but I think that also most of the Gyro/Hedoc/Vivo faps are slightly more economical then MindForce... So regular heal tools will always have the advantage. Otherwise if MA did have to catch a market crash, it could easily be accomplished by adjusting the eco of FAPs up by 1 or 2 HPP.

Last edited:
I think they should make heal chips tierable before introducing amps or atleast an explanation why other chips can be tiered and heal chips cant :)

I think they should make heal chips tierable before introducing amps or atleast an explanation why other chips can be tiered and heal chips cant :)

Because if I could use a regen chip and tier it, I would never use a heal tool other than the adj imp and mod. I would rather have time spent on being able to tier through a normal item to make it adj then tier through it to be imp etc with each class change requiring a series of rare hunting items of which not a brain. :D

I don't think Mindforce should get amps at all. Instead I think Mindforce should be tailored to combine effects and produce different and highly desirable results on the avatar to produce viable hunting strategies unique to the profession.

Let's face it. The current approach is unimaginative. It's basically cloning how to deal damage across the board. Adding amps to Mindforce would basically make it hunting with guns, but with a flashy effect.

I don't think Mindforce should get amps at all. Instead I think Mindforce should be tailored to combine effects and produce different and highly desirable results on the avatar to produce viable hunting strategies unique to the profession.

Let's face it. The current approach is unimaginative. It's basically cloning how to deal damage across the board. Adding amps to Mindforce would basically make it hunting with guns, but with a flashy effect.

Well it is unimaginative in that it works in the same way as hunting with other weapons does except for some balancing tweaks and nerfs to keep prices stable. The fact remains though that a lot of people want to use it as it currently is developed but they need higher dps and dpp in order for it to make sense.

Your ideas, creating more chips with various effects, should be implemented along side of the hunting related chips. The ability to use those chips would be the obvious advantage to taking the time to skill the only combat profession that doesn't directly add health points.

As a 100% mindforce hunter, I have hit the ceiling with my DPS, and it's been that way for some time now... I don't care how it's done, but bigger chips or amps or something is desperately needed to increase DPS along with DPP for us MF users.

C'mon MA show us a little love :) You've already screwed us over pretty hard on HP gains. I don't want to abandon the profession to move up in DPS, but I don't have another solution... and one can only wait so long.

I'd love to see that, but you make no suggestion? I mean at the end of the day, you want people to be able to kill mobs, and for that you need to reduce a mobs HP, and there is only one way to do that...

Whats this sudden talk about mindforce amps, we just got melee amps.

There is a thing called balancing, wich means they cant make too many big changes at the same time.

As a 100% mindforce hunter, I have hit the ceiling with my DPS, and it's been that way for some time now... I don't care how it's done, but bigger chips or amps or something is desperately needed to increase DPS along with DPP for us MF users.

C'mon MA show us a little love :) You've already screwed us over pretty hard on HP gains. I don't want to abandon the profession to move up in DPS, but I don't have another solution... and one can only wait so long.

This ;)...

At level ~50 you hit the wall with maxed all chips (except mayby few first gen combustive that ain't that usefull other than for tagging).
At this point max effective dps without enhancers you can get is ~48 (+arsonistic chips but everyone can use them effectively at pretty low levels too so they boost dps not only for mindforce users). With other weapons (+amps) its possible to get roughly ~80-90 max effective dps (+excluding extra dmg you cna get from arso chips ofc) (can't remember exactly and Entropedia is now down).

So mindforce users simply can not participte in dps events that have level gaps (like MM). In cat 3+ its simply impossible to win and even cat 2 or 1 seems like close to impossible to score top10.

I think it requires rebalancing soon and i have exact feelings as MsPudding - at some point i will just switch to blp/laser becasue otherwise i just can't competee in MM like events.

@edit:
and sugestion: instead of amps - there could be implants (even (L)) that increase dps either way:
+% dmg and aside small absorbton they increase +% decay/SME use (like enhancers)
+X dmg and they would decay themselves or partially themselves and the chip/SME use (like amp)

This would actually make usage from the implant inserter - because simply now any serious MF users buys the 55 and waits for MA to introduce stronger chips/implants. It is really pointless to insert weaker or the (L) chips.

Falagor
:bandit:

Last edited:
This ;)...

So mindforce users simply can not participte in dps events that have level gaps (like MM). In cat 3+ its simply impossible to win and even cat 2 or 1 seems like close to impossible to score top10.

I think it requires rebalancing soon and i have exact feelings as MsPudding - at some point i will just switch to blp/laser becasue otherwise i just can't competee in MM like events.

:bandit:

MM will always be about who has the biggest gun. You say you cant compete in cat1, 2 and 3 with mindforce, When people cant compete in cat 5 anf 6 if they dont have the terminator. But i do understand your point and do agree in most of it.

cheer

ofc we will get mindforce amps in not far future ---> hunters need something to hunt after so MA needs new "Bait" from time to time, atm melee-amps will do it and soon enough mindforce-amps

Long ago when you used inplant extractor you had 3 slots.
Was newer explained why.
It looked like you could put 3 MF inplants or maybe 3 skill chip implant at once,.
MA was after some idea there and abandoned it for unkown reason.

About amps - mindfortce user shud use mind force instead of amps.
We just need more buffs inplemented - ops i mean chips and not children toys lvl 1.
We shud be able to buff ourselfs or other ppl with 35% heal increase, with 35% protection increase, with 15% accuracy increase. with 35% damage increase and so on for many other buffsf taht last 30 minit or maybe 1 hour.
After that you buff your self again or if you are not MF er then find minforcerer to do it.
Team healing ? MF user shud be albe to heal all team at once to full - then certain raid bosses will become more interesting
Many games have it. Maybe MA shud play games 10 years old wich have buffs and pvp system a lot better than we have like lineage 2 and learn a bit and work to bring chips for those bufs and ped drain sytem ofc as here is nothing for free.
We need hide/invisible /deagro or charm chip and ofc we need agro AOE damage chip and and AOE chips with better prformance and usage as explosive launchers have.
Existing AOE damage chips and field healing chips are just a dust or bad joke as is now

Most powerful amp, most powerful and fastest weapon is human brain and his mind - let use it.

I'd love to see that, but you make no suggestion? I mean at the end of the day, you want people to be able to kill mobs, and for that you need to reduce a mobs HP, and there is only one way to do that...

I made a suggestion. Combine effects. Here, let me be more specific:

High level Metabolic Acceleration + High level Focus = Increased Dodge and Evasion, castable on self or others.
High level Slowness + High level Focus = Increased Armor, castable on self or others.
High level Attack + High level Telekinesis = Added elemental effect and damage on any handheld weapon.
High level Focus + High level Telekinesis = Ability to levitate self or others. Might be kindof funny in PvP or any combat to levitate your enemy.

Instead of focusing on the raw damage output of MF, make MF a truly unique class capable of offering extended support to hunters. Reward people who skill alot in MF not with mega damage uberness, but with the ability to perform useful tricks in the game nobody else can.

Who wouldnt pay for a 30 min buff vs a specific element or attack type, in order to save $$ on expensive armor?

Then focus on increasing the availability of chips to make this viable. We've had Metabolic Acceleration I for how many years now without seeing a II?

Let's get real here. We dont need amps yet. We need MA to finish the effing class.

Back