What is the plan for MindForce Amps?

I made a suggestion. Combine effects. Here, let me be more specific:

High level Metabolic Acceleration + High level Focus = Increased Dodge and Evasion, castable on self or others.
High level Slowness + High level Focus = Increased Armor, castable on self or others.
High level Attack + High level Telekinesis = Added elemental effect and damage on any handheld weapon.
High level Focus + High level Telekinesis = Ability to levitate self or others. Might be kindof funny in PvP or any combat to levitate your enemy.

Instead of focusing on the raw damage output of MF, make MF a truly unique class capable of offering extended support to hunters. Reward people who skill alot in MF not with mega damage uberness, but with the ability to perform useful tricks in the game nobody else can.

Who wouldnt pay for a 30 min buff vs a specific element or attack type, in order to save $$ on expensive armor?

Then focus on increasing the availability of chips to make this viable. We've had Metabolic Acceleration I for how many years now without seeing a II?

Let's get real here. We dont need amps yet. We need MA to finish the effing class.

I like some of these ideas, having a class that is different than the others is definitely a good thing. I would love to see new 'effect' chips, but alongside that I would love to see larger chips. Sometimes I just want to hunt Dasp, Vanguards, or big Prots... and not have to use 6+ damage enhancers in my Combustive VIII chip, which is what I currently have to do to kill any sort of large mob semi-quickly. It would be nice to just continue introducing SIB chips for us to allow us to skill up to that 100 level mark. Introduce the chips and I will gladly continue grinding away.

One suggestion is to combine your ideas and create an attachment that gave a small boost to damage and also applied an effect to the mob or user, like you suggested above. Why not meld the idea of an 'effect' with added damage? Is it so much to ask that Mind Force users get a little boost to their damage output? I don't see what's so wrong with that.

If you want to compare professions, Mind Force users really get screwed out of HP gains making them weak in PVP, and making it difficult for them to hunt large mobs that do 180+ damage a hit. To keep things balanced, only allow the attachments to go onto chips other than the Arsonistic series. The Arso chips were supposed to be a form of 'amps' but really have worked more in favor of all classes rather than just MF users because they are so effective at such a low level requirement. Perhaps if they released an Arso X chip that required level 60 in Pyrokinesis, well that would be great for a dedicated MF user, grinding to 60 is no easy feat.

When I started hunting 100% with MF I thought for sure they would have something bigger out than they do now, but of course that is not the case :p I took the risk to skill MF, and sure I've got to live with that, but hey it's worth a shot to voice my opinion on here and hope a dev or employee reads it and feels more motivated to press for larger chips or amps. I can hope can't I!? :laugh:

Part of the problem I think Rachel is the number of skilled users that can potentially use bigger chips against the costs of implementation these new chips. Maybe bigger chips are on MA's to do list when justified v number of skilled players. Maybe that time is here now.

What worries me with amps is if everything seems to be heading down the road of bigger damage more cost per hour to run approach. What would happen then? If you don't run an amp, expect to get poor returns?

Something would have to compensate in the system to account for the possibility of all running amps. If anything I'd like it to go back the other way less HP mobs so you can get more kills for your buck. More fun, on skilled mobs.

The big question is why do people what to run amps? Is it because they see it as the only way to pull big loots? If so the problem is not the power but the way loot is paid out.

Sure MM is a problem, and that always frustrated me with Mindforce. Then again the kings of the game, just chip in a ton of skill anyway to use what they want, it kind of kills the sportsmanship of it all anyhow.
There's is no way a gun skiller, suddenly out of the blue became a MF expert too to run Arson.

So for that reason, I'd like to see new chips based on attributes, or if they do bring in amps, make it attribute attachable. This means true skillers can use it and chippers can't, and that would really tick my boxes, especially maybe for a chance at MM

Say you need 70 Psyche to add an amp, or 90 to run an orb of destruction. Same goes for super mindforce heal tools. Call me cyincial when I think...they wouldn't do that as it wouldn't be fair to "the team" says Rick smiling.

Mindforcers do need a more competitive footing, although I like what Dan has to say, maybe we need more things suited to our profession.

I can use VIII combustive, but I choose to run VI instead a lot of the time. I'm trying to get the fun back into it, rather than cashing to cash.

nn

Rick

well after a whole year solid useing mindforce i can say a few things regarding the dpp and few other things sure some of you guys can see some pictures of my skills which is on this forum. psyche is currently at 69.

Big loots are extremely rare on mindforce. Highest loot i had on mf was a 400 ped longtooth my all time highest was 520 ped which i used a gun, sure you can check entropia life stats on this Pretty much hunted most days over a year with a 2 month break just recently. But i must also stress what i have seen compared to guns and thats the loot given, if your on a down period on guns your find with the gun itself and amp the peds will run away very fast but with mindforce it wont. This is one reason why i liked mindforce to begin with and one reason i kinda 50 50 on the whole amp thing atm and just prefer bigger chips.

For instance some these ten edition chips if you tier them are extremely awesome, The cyro v ten edition i had at tier 4 with dmg enhancers you could cycle 1600 ped before it breaks. now thats 75 ped i think tt to 1600ped ammo (not going to bother with the neopsion because its like a few ped). how much decay would a gun and amp do over that amount ped. Yes you could argue that you've killed more mobs but if the loots bad sorry mate you out pocket for the time being you need to depo again!

When i owned electric v ten edition i was making profit from hunting bokol even allowed me to complete the last stage because i was stacking the loots, guns, items etc and i had a gravis 29 i think drop at stage 3 or 4 which helped. But what worries me is like what a few said if by adding amps we change this steady return or get poor returns because were not using amps.

shaun

Back