FYI: Non-PvP SpaceStation SafeZone is Lootable

sidxx

Prowler
Society
Crimson Devils
General of the sidxx Forsaken Fallen
Im unsure if this is a bug or a new feature and im unsure how long this has been around as i do not normally carry around loot in space or typically leave calypso for any reason, but i learned the other day as i visited CP; that once leaving the blue space station "safe zone" and you take damage from a Pker/pirate and re-enter the safe zone you are still lootable despite no longer being in the lootable zone.

im not concerned about the 15-20 peds of loot lost to mcco, that i forgot to drop off in storage. what i am concerned about is the fact that if you take a hit while in pvp you cant even do a last ditch effort to save your peds and circle back into the "safe zone".

i know quite a while ago, more then a year ago; this was not so, as the one and only time i was carrying about 3k ped of valuables with me in space and my brothers 5k+ ped of valuables (we were both in the same plane), we were assaulted by a pirate and this pirate was unable to loot us upon re-entering the blue zone with ship still intact even though he did kill us both and my ship inside the blue zone.

if this is indeed a bug and pkers/piratescum are aware that killing and looting players in an unintentionally bugged environment, is this not exploiting a vulnerability in the system?

:confused::confused:

its a number of seconds that pvp is still enabled on you after entering the safe zone, its the same as on the ground as far as I know.

You probably just got lucky your first time and he wasnt able to kill and loot you in time the first time you did it.

its a number of seconds that pvp is still enabled on you after entering the safe zone, its the same as on the ground as far as I know.

You probably just got lucky your first time and he wasnt able to kill and loot you in time the first time you did it.

no i think you miss understand, the guy did kill me and my brother inside the blue zone and we were not looted, however a few days ago i was alone and was killed inside the blue zone and was promptly looted, therefore there has been a change, im not sure how long ago this change was. if its recent it might be a bug.

Im unsure if this is a bug or a new feature and im unsure how long this has been around as i do not normally carry around loot in space or typically leave calypso for any reason, but i learned the other day as i visited CP; that once leaving the blue space station "safe zone" and you take damage from a Pker/pirate and re-enter the safe zone you are still lootable despite no longer being in the lootable zone.

From what I recall it's always has been like this being that if you enter the safe zone from PVP you are still lootable up till 20 seconds after entering.

Last edited:
Its been a few years since I've done much lootable. At that time you could still be shot 20 seconds after entering a safe zone, but you would not lose any loot/toxic shots.

Yet again it seems MA has changed lootable rules for no real reason.

From what I recall it's always has been like this being that if you enter the safe zone from PVP you are still lootable up till 60 seconds after entering.

Always assumed the same, although thought it's more like 20 secs, like planetside.

It used to be that as soon as you exited a lootable pvp area you could still be killed but not looted. Not sure if/when that changed.

Yes, I have noticed that also.
I think something isn't working well or maybe changed and isn't only the lag or delay :scratch2:
Last W/end I attacked by someone and I turned my ship toward to Caly SS entrance...
I continued taking dmg even while I was in the transition phase into SS hangar!!!!
I didn't blew up anyway due to succesfull manouvre and I never carrying anything with me in a Quad anyway, but dislike decay my ship and giving the pleasure to anyone to blow me up.
Right now, I'm almost sure someone should possible been looted if carrying anything and die even if he is at the entrance of SS.
That wasn't possible ....hmmm.... a year ago or so

Last edited:
It used to be that as soon as you exited a lootable pvp area you could still be killed but not looted. Not sure if/when that changed.
In PVP 4 and 3 it's like that. Space on the other your still lootable, even when you made it inside the safe zone. Not sure if there was a time limit for when your not though. Just know it was lootable. It's been like that for some time.

Yes, I have noticed that also.
I think something isn't working well or maybe changed and isn't only the lag or delay :scratch2:
Last W/end I attacked by someone and I turned my ship toward to Caly SS entrance...
I continued taking dmg even while I was in the transition phase into SS hangar!!!!
I didn't blew up anyway due to succesfull manouvre and I never carrying anything with me in a Quad anyway, but dislike decay my ship and giving the pleasure to anyone to blow me up.
Right now, I'm almost sure someone should possible been looted if carrying anything and die even if he is at the entrance of SS.
That wasn't possible ....hmmm.... a year ago or so
Nope longer then a year ago. Can't remember when it was, but I know it's been some time. ;)

If u fly from safe zone edge straight to the SS entrance you will enter the safety of SS before the timer runs out.
As long as u can take damage ur also lootable ofc - timer applies to both. Which means if u were shot down at 19th second the timer might run out before pirate could make the final looting-shot (and smash his keyboard lol).
No difference if u were in lootable area at that moment or in a safe zone, timer overrides both (same as planetside PvP)

Been that way for years...

Last edited:
you are still lootable despite no longer being in the lootable zone.

I sent a support ticket to MA asking for clarification of how it's supposed to work and I didn't get any clear answer (just the usual cut'n'paste). It was some time ago though.

I suggest you write a support ticket about this and see what happens.

so everyone should consider as a fact that, if you start taking damage you're only hope to survive in a Quad is to .. get in the hangar.
Even the "entry to SS transition sequence" not to ensure.

From what I understand it is 30 seconds from the time you left PvP to safe zone. But if you are shooting someone back that was shooting you in PvP it might extend the time each time you both shoot each other. Not sure about the extended time but have seen it a lot at Twin Peaks that it seemed to go longer then the 30 seconds when people were shooting each other still.

Back