Cheaper deposit alternative?

tamlin

Prowler
tamlin
I'd hope all MA customers by now know they lose a minimum of 3.5% (to DIBS) if they deposit using card.

For us in sweden, there's generally no fee at all involved when doing a bank deposit (something you should always prefer), but I have seen suggestions (nothing validated) there may be international fees for others for bank transfers.

I have NO information about the following, and neither anything to do with the company. I just stumbled across an ad, and it seemed it could potentially help a bunch of fellow entropians keep more of their money in EU, than giving it to other parasites.

https://transferwise.com

Again, I know nothing about the company or site. I just read a facebook blurb "Sending money abroad? There's a clever new way to avoid hidden fees, backed by Sir Richard Branson.".

When i deposit using my card from my bank, it charges me the 3.5% in ped loss.... Also my bank charges me i think 17.5$ for foreign transaction fee, so generally when i deposit, i have to depo enough to make it worth it...

Also this has nothing to do with this website. But this is what i have to deal with.

Also this has nothing to do with this website.
No, but it has everything to do with Entropia Universe and MindArk, and therefore all of MA's customers.

The 3.5% fee isn't you bank - it's most likely DIBS (the payment provider when using card). The extra fee is however your bank, and if you ask me that's horribly expensive.

17.5 $ just to deposit!!!!!!

Shoot me in the F-in Face that is insane.

Some credit cards waive the foreign transaction fee. If you regularly deposit, it's probably worth looking into getting one.

The cheapest way to deposit is bank transfer, especially if it's a large lump sum (most banks and CU require some fee for the transfer here in the USA afaik). I think i paid $20, but that was a tiny % of the total deposit because that was almost the only deposit i ever made and quite large. There were no other fees at the time. YMMV.

my bank will charge 50 bucks for foreign bank transfers lol.

I did just get a credit card a couple months back, maybe thatle be different, haven't used that yet to deposit with tho.. we will see shortly.

its thru bank of America if anyone knows these fees for it, please let me know.

Wouldn't it be an idea to connect a PayPal account to your bank account/credit card?
Depositing through PP would at least let you avoid that 17.5$ for foreign transaction fees. Or 50$ (!)
PP or CC is (just) the 3,5% DIBS here; I'm guessing that's the same for the States.

Though that Transferwise looks interesting: has anyone had any experience with it?

my bank will charge 50 bucks for foreign bank transfers lol.

I did just get a credit card a couple months back, maybe thatle be different, haven't used that yet to deposit with tho.. we will see shortly.

its thru bank of America if anyone knows these fees for it, please let me know.

In general CUs (credit unions) will have lower/no fees for things that banks charge you through the nose for. The $20 was at my CU.

I think foreign transaction fees are due to the type of card (Visa, Visa Platinum, AmEx, etc.) rather than the bank, but it's been awhile since i paid attention to it as i usually don't need that feature. :)

Wouldn't it be an idea to connect a PayPal account to your bank account/credit card?

I did that just once :mad: and I added another "parasite" to the chain!!!!
I prefer straight deposit with only dibs in the middle
Just I know when I do a deposit it must worth it to pay the fee aswell.

I don't know anything about Western Union fee's, if someone knows something it will be much appreciate to hear it.

yeep rip off when deposit :mad: and wdf excange rate euro to dolar 1,21 by mindark it sucks

On my last deposit i payed 0.40 euro i think. SEPA all the way.

I use my card and just have the "standard" 3.5% deducted. Althought the bank's SGD to USD rates could be better I guess.

Didn't know bank transfers from overseas could be so expensive.

If you are in the EU, best way to deposit in EU is with SEPA bank transfer, in euros / pounds (if in UK). If you are in EU, and you want to deposit with card, do NOT deposit the amount in dollars - deposit it in euros ( or pounds ). Doing the depo via dollars will simply give you less peds.

If you are not in EU ... try to find a way where the banks don't get too much money from you.

I always use Ukash for deposits... Can be bought at Pressbyrån and 7Eleven in Sweden, at 100, 250 or 500SEK (plus a 5SEK fee).

Just wanted to let people know, i deposited with my new credit card, and it only charged 1.5$ for a foreign transaction fee, which is MUCH better.

maybe someday starter packs will be available in all big box stores worldwide without any middleman hassles

If you are in the EU, best way to deposit in EU is with SEPA bank transfer, in euros ...

Ehm, the required details for this would be in the section of the eu.com pages that I never actually visited? ..../account/login-to-deposit or something?
How long does the process of depo'ing take altogether?

Last edited:
This was one of my main points for buying a starter pack - which I did. It gave pure peds and Universal ammo, by way of using PaPal. This did not cost me any transaction fees and MA did not take that % away that they do when I use a credit card. If I use pay pal to just deposit - they take that % and the fee for foreign transaction is the same or more than my credit card.
I've longed for a solution to this - because it says ped has a 10:1 value on the dollar, but in practical reality this isn't true for me. A $50 deposit will put 470 or so peds on my card. This is nothing unique in the world of economy (tax on the taxes) I would like to see the ability to purchase Universal ammo via pay pal. One problem is that I have left what I think is under 1 pec of ammo left from the last time - can't do anything with it.

This was one of my main points for buying a starter pack - which I did. It gave pure peds and Universal ammo, by way of using PaPal. This did not cost me any transaction fees and MA did not take that % away that they do when I use a credit card. If I use pay pal to just deposit - they take that % and the fee for foreign transaction is the same or more than my credit card.
I've longed for a solution to this - because it says ped has a 10:1 value on the dollar, but in practical reality this isn't true for me. A $50 deposit will put 470 or so peds on my card. This is nothing unique in the world of economy (tax on the taxes) I would like to see the ability to purchase Universal ammo via pay pal. One problem is that I have left what I think is under 1 pec of ammo left from the last time - can't do anything with it.

MA takes 0 fees on deposits.

Ehm, the required details for this would be in the section of the eu.com pages that I never actually visited? ..../account/login-to-deposit or something?
How long does the process of depo'ing take altogether?

It took only a couple of days, and cost a whole whopping zero ped! :)

not
Not as fast as using a cc, but much cheaper!

No bank fees just the 3.5% DIBS MA tells you about...

...go through my bank credit card...use it as a credit card deposit not a bank transfer....there is no consideration of regarding exchange rates because my dollars become immediate PEDS...would be nice to figure out a way to avoid the 3.5% though...though my depositing has essentially ceased thanks to ingame mechanics...

with the $15 flat fee this site would require you to deposit at least $427 to equilibrate just the 3.5% DIBS fee...i.e. $15 is 3.5% of $427...less if you cant find a way to not pay your bank an international transfer fee...but that should be the easiest thing to remove from the chain...

Brick

Last edited:
with the $15 flat fee this site

As I noted, I didn't dig deeper into it. If they request $15 for the service of one single transfer, it's indeed a ripoff for smaller deposits.

Back