ComPet App Deeds

because .... ?

I'm realy asking. Whats the worst that can happen? I mean realy worst case scenario.

The few hundred people who still took this game seriously just went;

Seriously?

They don't take the game seriously anymore.

MA's post represents end of EU as we know it...

Welcome pokemon, welcome kiddies, GL with microtransaction models, MA so much wishes to force uhmmmm..

I mean...implement into EU....

Once again.....this is not what attracted people to this game, nor will it...ever.....

Fortunatly the univers is big enough to find a cosy place to hide^^
Manga girls trailing cute kitten is not exactly what I need on my epic journeys...

I must be missing something. Whats a pokemon style phone/ipad app got to do with entropia? How are they linked? Was this the taming everyone was crying out for? :scratch2:

I agree it looks bad and depending on how its implemented, it could be. However, there is some potential here. There was talk of a link between the mobile versions and the main game. If players in game tame and train pets and sell them to players on tablets etc, surely that would bring additional much needed funds into the game? It would also encourage players from tablets to play the main game. However, if mind ark just magic these creatures up and sell them, there is nothing in it for current players and I agree with all the hating!

I agree it looks bad and depending on how its implemented, it could be. However, there is some potential here. There was talk of a link between the mobile versions and the main game. If players in game tame and train pets and sell them to players on tablets etc, surely that would bring additional much needed funds into the game? It would also encourage players from tablets to play the main game. However, if mind ark just magic these creatures up and sell them, there is nothing in it for current players and I agree with all the hating!

Even if they are tamed creatures, if Planet Calypso suddenly has puppies, kittens and pandas running around to tame, it won't be Planet Calypso anymore.

The few hundred people who still took this game seriously just went;

Seriously?

They don't take the game seriously anymore.

MA's post represents end of EU as we know it...

Welcome pokemon, welcome kiddies, GL with microtransaction models, MA so much wishes to force uhmmmm..

I mean...implement into EU....

Once again.....this is not what attracted people to this game, nor will it...ever.....

But how is this app gona effect " The few hundred people who still took this game seriously " expiriance? If they don't download the app and continue playing as they did so far, they will not even notice it exist.

btw you can't cry 'we need more players' and the next day 'don't bring more players if they are not here from the begining when game looked like shit, but we liked it"

They can alternatively purchase deeds through the Virtual Tycoon Android mobile app and start earning revenue from ComPet activity, which is scheduled for launch in Q1 2015.

So, still won't be available for IOS I take it?

theres no way im financing your shitty farmville and candy crush-esque apps. I play candy crush when im taking a shit. let all your fucking golden children sponge avatars that haven't cycled a fucking pec in the last 5 years finance this garbage. im so happy many of my old friends have left so they don't have to see this disgusting display of whatever the fuck this is supposed to be.

Pokemon's battle is on, let's rumble... :wtg::wtg::wtg:

theres no way im financing your shitty farmville and candy crush-esque apps. I play candy crush when im taking a shit. let all your fucking golden children sponge avatars that haven't cycled a fucking pec in the last 5 years finance this garbage. im so happy many of my old friends have left so they don't have to see this disgusting display of whatever the fuck this is supposed to be.

Like it or not, the future is mobile gaming and if Mindark didn't do something to try and get into that market they are bound to fail.

And its too late to say your not going to finance it. You already have. Money already made by Mindark will be financing this!

Everyone already agrees that more players are needed and as mentioned above, this doesn't need to impact on the core game (unless its a complete failure, bankrupting Mind Ark, which may prove to be a bit of a problem!).

Whats the worst that can happen? I mean realy worst case scenario.

Abandoning the Entropia Universe. This project has nothing to do with EU, they just diversify their business and follow the most currently popular model for mobile gaming. But they might like it so much that EU might look not worth working on anymore. These little games are way easier to maintain and promote and they surely will quickly gather a greater (even if not anywhere that persistent, but they're ready for that, see the 6-month remark) userbase than EU ever had.

If done right, this thing in a half a year might start making them more money than EU. And that will be a bad news for EU.

ok now I really think everyone is freaking out for no reason

disclaimer: I havent seen the pics cause my f/wall at work is blocking that. But I imagine its some cheesy cartoon style stuff like the pics in the friend list thing.

Ok so point number 1: This is ComPets not Entropia Universe, and they are branching out, attracting(hopefully) a wider audience. Kinda like has always been the undercurrent and players supported that idea.

Point 2: You the entropian can take it or leave it, at the end of the day if it brings in new players/money its probably to our benefit

point 3: no one will play this crap anyway cause they wont market it and then the app will be so flaky in the backend you wont even be able click more than 3 times without some "server busy" message coming up

Mobile devices and tablets. Diversification strategy. Customer-funded development.

A spectacular metamorphosis around taming.

Ok...

1.From hardcore S-F MMO with unique mature comunity we are going now toward MOBA/pokemon mix for kids
2.Looks like MA from microtransaction model switched to Makro Cash Shots modell ( a.k.a. " Monney run out ? Let'd DEED something out" )
3. Next year we will have pay for every new feature implamented in some form of deed's
4. In 2016 MA will release deed's for patches and hotfixes
5. Will it help MA finacials ? YES. Wil we be still palying game we liked like in years 2003-2008 ? NOPE

This looks like a good idea to capture the mobile phone market which continues to grow in popularity. Hopefully this app will attract new players to the game.

So, still won't be available for IOS I take it?

That requires money, a whopping few hundred bucks, in order to develop for apple. And of course apple actually screens the developers.

[h=3]They can alternatively purchase deeds through the Virtual Tycoon Android mobile app]

You do know that the virtual Tycoon cannot stay open for more than 30 seconds without server fail!
This is a very useful app and I "try" to use it all the time while at work, but... please fix it!

As for the com Pet app I think its a great idea

Money already made by Mindark will be financing this!

ummmmmm no

this is a company throwing darts at a dartboard full of ideas financed by you and hoping one of them sticks

This looks like a good idea to capture the mobile phone market which continues to grow in popularity. Hopefully this app will attract new players to the game.

...just this will be no longer "this game" anymore. There is f...ing small panda there ! Since Mists of Pandoria every MMO has to have it's own Panda's?

That requires money, a whopping few hundred bucks, in order to develop for apple. And of course apple actually screens the developers.

They did developed the iOS version of Tycoon, there was a post that they're trying to approve it, apparently unsuccessful. Apple's known for removing much less contradictory apps from its store.

Now a game (ComPet) that allows of winning and cashing out real money has zero chances to get approved.

I think they did, but not enough people deposited for normal game play.

By claiming that you can play for peds and draw out the money, I hope they not crossing over to being considered as a gambling game. That will suck in alot of ways.

So if you buy deeds early you going to have wait a few months before they release the pet vs pet thing, assuming no delays.

I guess they learned from Arkadia and are now going for cheaper deed prices.

No, this won't be gambling. The influence of player choices on the outcome is too big to be gambling. I think the effect of "chance" might even be less than poker.

This could become a ridiculously successfull thing...

On a totally off-topic note, there are some great band/album names in the above paragraph. :)

Okaaaaaay... how much inaccuracy is involved in this release of info?

>Finally you will be able to play the Entropia Universe(EU) on different platforms.
Do you actually mean access some of the EU functionality, not actually play EU?

>The new Competition Pet (ComPet) system will provide features of Entropia Universe, including creature clashes, and bring them together in an exciting smartphone, tablet and web browser application.

So actually it's 'new' EU functionality mostly then I'd guess which will be available via the other platforms and not actually being on any of the planets. So the combat ring yes, but stabling access??? Is that a maybe?

OK, the deed yield graph assumes 80% of participants will be playing for free. Maybe this is where the dogs, cats and pandas will come in - and not be part of the taming progress on Caly or elsewhere. Those may be the free creatures people will be playing with "If players play for free they can win special pet upgrades and points".

"..if played for PED (Project Entropia Dollars), they can win more PED". Hmm, the hub concept on Cyrene pays out I think 80% of 1 entrant fee as a prize to the winner; 20% is lost as revenue generated. The winner stays alive for the next fight. So we may see something very similar in the creature clashes, except that player control is not in real time, but the control of the set-up before the fight of defense/aggro etc I guess.

So, where do the stables and pet training come in? To answer that I think we'll need to know more about the fighting levels. Will my snable young grow in maturity if it keeps winning or will it just become a super contestant in the lowest ring? Will the entrance fee per fight always stay the same for a particular pet? How will opponents be chosen? Will there be maxed snables, which eliminate each other as time goes on and new snables rise up through their battles, or will I take my maxed snable out of 1 class and enter it into the next one (low win chance, but lower entrance cost?) Questions questions....

Still, it does look interesting that 80% of activity may be free players at the non-ped level. It has the making of becoming a cult cross-platform game, without actually running wild all over the EU we currently know!

Do I now want a stable? Tricky.... maybe I want CTDs... erm I mean CPDs instead.....:laugh:

edit: less chance than poker Wollo? Hmm, poker is played in steps. I wonder if we can withdraw heavily injured pets after a bad round? That would make it easier to at least compare poker and pet-bashing!

Last edited:
But how is this app gona effect " The few hundred people who still took this game seriously " expiriance? If they don't download the app and continue playing as they did so far, they will not even notice it exist.

btw you can't cry 'we need more players' and the next day 'don't bring more players if they are not here from the begining when game looked like shit, but we liked it"

In all honesty, this app could effect our experience by;

bringing retarded immature children who want to play pokemon into EU - making them start to play the "game", loose the initial 10, 20, 50eur deposit and then slander the game even worse than we do to everyone they know, on mmorpg forums, android app forums etc...possibly making entropia universe virtually empty by 2020...

Thats how.

im disappointed!

but luckily i have recently purchased some disappointing deeds, so each time i am disappointed by MA i make a few pec.... how awesome is that?

Shit.... the awesomeness just wiped out the disappointment and im back to zero peds :/ Grrrr

New CEO's daughter have to love small panda's....

...actually i am starting to se bright sides of this shit. My GF will be back to EU for some 15 mins :) She loves cute puppies. Hardcore SF lovers girlfriends and new generation of players (they daughetrs) will save EU economy ....hurray !!! ;)

And I, my friend, hope it does not.

As stated; entropia doesnt need a bunch of 9-15 yo kids running around screaming their brains off after losing the 10,20EUR their mum gave them to deposit.

This game needs seasoned gamers who know what they want from their gaming experience...like it used to be...

c'mon, own up..... who sent MA the Kung-Fu Panda DVD?

bravaa, maestro, bravaa

I'm cautiously optimistic... The mobile gaming market is HUGE.

CPD (ComPet Deeds) have the potential to make a huge ROI

That aside, if this ComPet thing is successful, not only will it add more regular users to EU, but then also add more items of value to our regular loots. Just think of all the possible items pets might need such as armor parts, weapons, etc. those will come from two places, hunting and crafting.

Back