ComPet App Deeds

Taming is removed "Ohh nuuu when will my taming come back"

Taming is announced and reintroduced "Nuu stupid pokemon ruining this game. Its a kiddie game now!"

Lol what? I'm left scratching my head. How will this ruin the game? It worked in world of warcraft it well may work here. Stop judging a book by it's cover. This is basically taming however your pets can battle. Sounds interesting and it may be fun to do when you have wasted all your ped hunting mobs without mu.

I try not to get into debates here but really, I think people are overreacting. This will probably be cool ingame. You saw a panda, did you notice the little beri?

This will look much better ingame I feel. I don't get why everyone is so mad taming is back? You see a panda and think this game is ruined? I got to say though. I want to see like mini trox/proteron, not pandas. After all we are on a different planet. Even though, the thing isn't even released so how can we judge by a pic of some pets.

On a more important side, I feel this is financially a terrible decision. It is wishful thinking to feel 25k+ people will play this app and pay to play it. There aren't near that many Entropia players and many dislike the idea of mobile pets. This project requires a large number of paying players to even turn a small profit. I simply feel this will hurt Mindark financially but that is my oppinion.

I feel the best decision financially would be to simply re-introduce taming into EU alone. Without the earth animals this would be interesting and likely warrant a depo from me.

Maybe it would be best, if mindark wants to expand, to try a different route. However, this project still has a chance of success imo if played out right, even though in perfect conditions I feel chances of success are slim.

There are plenty of apps out there. As stated, people play their ipods when they have nothing else to do. The idea of paying to play this is a reach. However, this is a fairly new thing if done similar to entropia. Mindark is good at creating original content. There are some pros and cons to this idea. I simply feel the success chances in this project do not merit an investment on my part.

I am still confused slightly. Is this a standalone game or is it part in entropia and on mobile. If it is partly in Entropia there is no way this will get 25,000 paying players...

Still though, in Entropia if the pandas and dogs are removed, this would be entertaining in my oppinion and hopefully cheap, just not investment worthy. If it is standalone, there may be a chance of success though I feel it would still not be investment worthy. I would like to see how this turns out. This may be cool to get a few new players. However, I feel around half of the people interested in this may not be able to afford Entropia. There are, however, multiple teenagers and I'm certain adults who enjoyed pokemon. This may or may not be successful is all I am trying to say, and most likely unsuccessful in my oppinion due to the small playerbase and large requirement of players to turn a profit.

So you're attempting to enter a massively over-saturated market, about 5 years too late, by copying one of the most successful game franchises and most recognised brands in the world. And you're valuing this arm of your business at over $6m, before the product has even been launched.

Good luck with that...

So you're attempting to enter a massively over-saturated market, about 5 years too late, by copying one of the most successful game franchises and most recognised brands in the world. And you're valuing this arm of your business at over $6m, before the product has even been launched.

Good luck with that...

Mindark is good at creating original content so they may pull this off, though highly unlikely.

And yea, I feel mindarks valuing and playerbase goals are... more than extreme wishful thinking.

Taming is removed "Ohh nuuu when will my taming come back"

Taming is announced and reintroduced "Nuu stupid pokemon ruining this game. Its a kiddie game now!"

Lol what? I'm left scratching my head. How will this ruin the game? It worked in world of warcraft it well may work here. Stop judging a book by it's cover. This is basically taming however your pets can battle. Sounds interesting and it may be fun to do when you have wasted all your ped hunting mobs without mu.

1st of all - taming is announced - yes; and before any concrete information about even the basics of new taming itself - MA starts to PUKE OUT post after post of pet deeds, arenas, stables already being SOLD!!! (not implemented as they were), some ridicolously retarded looking mobile app etc. - is just plain WRONG.

2nd of all - "fun to do when bla bla HUNTING MOBS WITHOUT MARKUP"....

The problem I'm having with this is this if your prediction does become true - putting a BAND-AID on a 5 inch flesh wound cut can't be called a fix and surely isn't a sign of progression...

In this case MA should focus on FINDING THE PROBLEM which is CAUSING all markups to drop and be non-existant and what is CAUSING the fact that many many mannyyy items can't even be sold anymore...

Not make a pokemon game coz some retard at the office thought "it would be soo coool if,..."

Last edited:
I dunno... This sounds more like a grown up version of those other games

Apple wasn't the first company to make a computer

Microsoft wasn't the first company to make an operating system

Those companies took an existing concept and made it better.

The RCE concept makes it more than a game, just like EU.

I dunno... This sounds more like a grown up version of those other games

Apple wasn't the first company to make a computer

Microsoft wasn't the first company to make an operating system

That is the only reason I feel they may have a shot, mindark creates interesting unique content.

However, their playerbase requirements for profits are high in my oppinion. I simply feel it to be difficult to obtain a playerbase of 25k+, and that is why I feel it is likely to fail.

1st of all - taming is announced - yes; and before any concrete information about even the basics of new taming itself - MA starts to PUKE OUT post after post of pet deeds, arenas, stables already being SOLD!!! (not implemented as they were), some ridicolously retarded looking mobile app etc. - is just plain WRONG.

The problem I'm having with this is this if your prediction does become true - putting a BAND-AID on a 5 inch flesh wound cut can't be called a fix and surely isn't a sign of progression...

In this case MA should focus on FINDING THE PROBLEM which is CAUSING all markups to drop and be non-existant and what is CAUSING the fact that many many mannyyy items can't even be sold anymore...

Not make a pokemon game coz some retard at the office thought "it would be soo coool if,..."

But you have a problem with EVERYTHING that MindArk does so why should anyone listen to you?

I think this could work if:

1) All pets available to the ComPet game came from inside the entropia universe, and were tamed by players and put into the stable "pet shop".
2) Pets also work in EU in the traditional ways we all expect from taming, following you around, etc.

Basically, this could be a way to boost EU economy by using an extra revenue source and high demand for pets.

Of course, that's all speculation whether it will really work this way.

As for the cartoonish atrox and bery I don't see any problem having cartoon versions of EU mobs in the ComPet game, as long as it doesn't force PPs to create pokemon style mobs. We already have blue TabTabs, that should be enough for anybody ;)

My comment about mu was sort of a joke. I was saying lots of players hunt bad mu mobs and this pet thing may be a entertaining, cheap thing to do after a bad hunt or something.

The deeds do not merit an investment from me as I feel it is too risky. The actual game however is a different story. I just want to see how this plays out though before making decisions.

The legends says you need two pokeballs to capture a boorum male. :)

So...

We bitch when MA takes away pets
We bitch when MA announces they are coming back
We bitch when MA doesn't provide enough info
We bitch when MA gives us more info
We bitch for the sake of bitching, troll the forum, and scare off potential new players
We bitch because the player base is too small
We bitch when not enough items with markup are in the the loot
We bitch when MA announces a new system that likely will give us more items with markup.
We bitch, we bitch, we bitch

What exactly is the point of this forum, is it just to bitch and moan?

So...

We bitch for the sake of bitching, troll the forum, and scare off potential new players
We bitch when MA announces a new system that likely will give us more items with markup.

Well said.

Okaaaaaay... how much inaccuracy is involved in this release of info?

OK, the deed yield graph assumes 80% of participants will be playing for free. Maybe this is where the dogs, cats and pandas will come in - and not be part of the taming progress on Caly or elsewhere. Those may be the free creatures people will be playing with "If players play for free they can win special pet upgrades and points".

So, where do the stables and pet training come in? To answer that I think we'll need to know more about the fighting levels. Will my snable young grow in maturity if it keeps winning or will it just become a super contestant in the lowest ring? Will the entrance fee per fight always stay the same for a particular pet? How will opponents be chosen? Will there be maxed snables, which eliminate each other as time goes on and new snables rise up through their battles, or will I take my maxed snable out of 1 class and enter it into the next one (low win chance, but lower entrance cost?) Questions questions....

good questions i dont think they choose the pic wisely. using the one they did implies a level of disconnect to entropia universe, and instills a level of... unease about the future.

more info is required.

The fact is that none of us have enough information available to us at this point to completely condemn or fully support CPD, Battle Arenas, or the new pet system as a whole.

Hopefully compet app will have nice visual graphics, gameplay and animation (need much better battle animations than is in eu itself to keep the wider audience you are targeting happy I suspect). Otherwise it's going to massively lose out to competition in this market. Sounds like some of the multitude of various strategy based 'card battle games' out there. Good luck. You are definitely going to need it.

good questions i dont think they choose the pic wisely. using the one they did implies a level of disconnect to entropia universe, and instills a level of... unease about the future.

more info is required.

I think there will be a level of disconnect and that's by design. This new game is just that, a whole new game. The only way it can succeed is if it can stand on it's own. No doubt the ones who get really into Combat Pets and serious about it will download and install EU just so they can improve their pets. By doing so, they will be exposed to EU for the first time.

Any news headlines that this game creates will draw new people to both Combat Pets and also EU.

The fact is that none of us have enough information available to us at this point to completely condemn or fully support CPD, Battle Arenas, or the new pet system as a whole.

Im narrow minded enough to believe I know all I need to know.

So...

Noone bitched 2003-2008, few exceptions were unable to fit idiots with overgrowth of expectations. Now in 2014 most are bitching, and it is common. I am sure that is becourse they are serious reasons now.

MA let off what was working and making this game unique...now they ar trying compy sucefull parts from other games but that is at cost of destroying climate ( well...ok NI and rocktropia destroyed it sooner )

I can agree half of bitching is course ppl used to bitching here ;) Bitching is cool . And most thing MA implemented last years and way it performed deserved bitching.

MA can listen bit more = reduce some of that bitching :)

Noone bitched 2003-2008, few exceptions were unable to fit idiots with overgrowth of expectations. Now in 2014 most are bitching, and it is common. I am sure that is becourse they are serious reasons now.

Oh there are some legit reasons to bitch, no doubt, but I fail to see how CPD is cause to have a complete meltdown/tantrum as some have done so far.

In all honesty, this app could effect our experience by;

bringing retarded immature children who want to play pokemon into EU - making them start to play the "game", loose the initial 10, 20, 50eur deposit and then slander the game even worse than we do to everyone they know, on mmorpg forums, android app forums etc...possibly making entropia universe virtually empty by 2020...

Thats how.

Yeah that was in the back of my mind too but who knows, I doubt it really. Either way MA are the business and they have to take certain gambles along the way if they want to be big.

One thing I notice is people having an irrational fear that because this compet is different to EU therefore EU will change or something :eyecrazy:

Its different to EU cos it isnt fucking EU! Its a stand alone game, you will happily play EU without even knowing this game existed. MA have every right to release seperate products and this is one, maybe consider it a "tie in" to EU but that is. No reason to panic over this at all :scratch2:

...Apart from the pic... the mobs eyes looked really creepy IMO

They are bringing in external revenue sources in to the EU economy, i fail to see how this is negative... As for the game itself i personally dont like it(dont like the artstyle, dont like the gameplay type) so i wont play it, simple as that.

We already have god damn "Nusul" creature in game, a fat purple mini giraffe who skips around when moving, did i miss the crytrain on that one or is panda bears just one step further on the shit list? There are entire systems in Entropia i dont give two shits about, that dosn't mean i want them removed im just not gonna use them, Entropia is a giant game there is room for more then one type of player.

Cheers
Zweshi

the only problem i see is there doint alot more new stuff for the poeple we have playing so in the long run hunting and other activity will have a harder time selling whit the loot

MA thinking new item equal new deposit and big value that good when there only small increase in new stuff

now we get new stuff every month ya for people that looking for something new but bad for older players that just here for fun cost of playing keep going highers

The most of Free To Play games ask money in crowdfunding (kickstarter or indiegogo) for Development .....People donate there alot of money and never asked income from the game or given out to who participate in this campaigns...For 10$ they give you even a usefull item ..and sometimes not even an Alpha access to that game... MA it develops a new application "ComPet" ,new Pets,new animations etc...so yes they will have a donation of 10$(once a month) from my side...and don't care about income...

They did developed the iOS version of Tycoon, there was a post that they're trying to approve it, apparently unsuccessful. Apple's known for removing much less contradictory apps from its store.

Now a game (ComPet) that allows of winning and cashing out real money has zero chances to get approved.

Pokerstars was approved not too long ago!
They may have a chance

Atrox V Kitten sounds interesting tho u must admit

About the funding, I beleive it says that whats left from paying the deed holders will all go back into funding toward compets, so really it is standalone, so it may make more money for MA but not for EU so dont expect better loot returns because of it lol

Sucess this depend fews things

1- If are be stable ( i realy hate lags / massives d/c / crashs )
2 - Cost to play ( NONE going burn 100 usd in APP )
3 - Depend how many upgrades and atributes ( if you do pokemon battle , do right with thousands upgrades and types attack)
4 - Free players can win against paid player? if no probably faill (pay 2 win)

Plus : Full Standalone app - you know CE2 is shit thousands crashs and low fps

Plus II : I hope this boost our economy in some way

AND STOP RELEASE DEEDS FOR EVEY Features , or in long term LootPool be empty
Everyone only wish pay damm DEEDS

Yeah that was in the back of my mind too but who knows, I doubt it really. Either way MA are the business and they have to take certain gambles along the way if they want to be big.

One thing I notice is people having an irrational fear that because this compet is different to EU therefore EU will change or something :eyecrazy:

Its different to EU cos it isnt fucking EU! Its a stand alone game, you will happily play EU without even knowing this game existed. MA have every right to release seperate products and this is one, maybe consider it a "tie in" to EU but that is. No reason to panic over this at all :scratch2:

...Apart from the pic... the mobs eyes looked really creepy IMO

well, same was said about other planets. And now in middle of SF lasers and teleports we can see some ancient greece warrior with his sword / labrys or other zombies on brooms and ford mustangs !!!

Now in stable among atroxes and caudas there will be puppies, kitties and WoW style panadas !!! OK kitties and puppies are ok ( colonists may bring some from earth ) but that WoW style pandas will complete climat annihilation started by PP's

We need some calypso gear&style sanctuary, no greece swords RT stuff and WoW panda's alowed - please MA, let it be just medium size island where i can be sure some strange item designed in other company will not surprise me.

Back