ComPet App Deeds

Whats a grown up game? EU? That doesn't change

This is a DIFFERENT game they are making.

The key thing is though; it's not. See the Atrox and Berycled in the advert? See the obvious link to EU with CPD, stables, taming?

To be fair to MA - it's what they've wanted for a long long time - to "mimic" Second Life, and have a "universe" of mashed up ideas, themes, and varying levels of ability in executing those components.

It's not what the general Project Entropia populace wanted in 2002. It wasn't what was wanted when they took steps toward it in 2005/6 with estates then (though naively we all went along with it, with the exact same arguments used for ComPets here - revenue).

I admire MA for one thing over the years - for making such poor decisions work for so long. Who would've thought that a company who buys a castle when they have a few spare dollars would have lasted for so long...

Fair play to them - but no-one should be under the illusion that what little was left of PE will ever remain.

I admire MA for one thing over the years - for making such poor decisions work for so long. Who would've thought that a company who buys a castle when they have a few spare dollars would have lasted for so long...

Fair play to them - but no-one should be under the illusion that what little was left of PE will ever remain.

They've had their hits, theyve had their misses, as all companies do.

Sony - MiniDisc
Microsoft - Windows ME, Windows Vista, Windows 8
EA - The Sims online

long list.

Mindarks Mindbank was conceived just before the worldwide banking crisis, they shelved it, probably for a good while (if not ever) but they try stuff, it doesn't work it goes on the back burner.

Trying a tablet / mobile game out could be a very good financial move, I play Plants Vs Zombies 2 every day and that sequel was never even released for the PC (the first was a PC exclusive)

I think I'm more likely to get the mutant chicken pet than the panda! :)

I think the 0.15% is the percentage of people paying for freemium content from the entire user base and the 80/20 is for individual apps.

The problem is these games are completely different to the one MA are proposing, you can't compare Simpsons Tapped Out or Candy Crush where the cash goes to either buying special items or skipping levels.

It's the fact the of those that do pay for freemium content usually only do so once.

By that statistic I should have downloaded about 5000 different apps for my phone by now. Statistics can be bent to say anything you wish. Sometimes you need to take a step back and figure out if those numbers are really saying what you think they're saying.

What happen if nobody buy this deeds ? Can they still pull it off, can they even start development without selling some deeds first ?

what do you think ?

People may be getting Deed Wariness creeping in. I was lucky and sold all my CLD's at the moment they peaked at 1530ish ped each, I never bought AUD's either and I'm glad I didn't but not surprised either. They say the roi will improve on them but nah, I don't believe that.

Anyway I think they will sell but not fast, may take much longer to sell them off than expected. I may buy some but obviously I need to see the app and play it myself to decide if it's worth it.

People may be getting Deed Wariness creeping in. I was lucky and sold all my CLD's at the moment they peaked at 1530ish ped each, I never bought AUD's either and I'm glad I didn't but not surprised either. They say the roi will improve on them but nah, I don't believe that.

Anyway I think they will sell but not fast, may take much longer to sell them off than expected. I may buy some but obviously I need to see the app and play it myself to decide if it's worth it.

Agreed. Unless and until we see and play the actual app, everything else is just speculation, hot air and a figment of our imagination. :laugh:

When is it being released again? :confused:

They've had their hits, theyve had their misses, as all companies do.

Sony - MiniDisc
Microsoft - Windows ME, Windows Vista, Windows 8
EA - The Sims online

long list.

Key difference with those three companies is that they made their first (or one of their first) ideas work. Sony were massive before the MD, to be fair, it sold fairly well, and then they bounced back with Playstation. Microsoft could literally give you a box full of feces for windows9 and it would still sell a billion copies thanks to 3.1, 98SE and XP. EA obviously the same - The Sims made them more money than god.

The thing is - I've no doubt that this is Klas' idea. I've no doubt it will be fairly successful (about as successful as a standard, 2nd level mobile game - we're not talking CCS or CW here) mobile game, make a bit of revenue. But is that where MA wants to go? Mobile kids games? It's a far cry from the RCE they've harped on about for years - is this a final admission it isn't working? Sure the app will allow you to use money on your fights.. but in reality you're just betting. Betting isn't an economy.

What happen if nobody buy this deeds ? Can they still pull it off, can they even start development without selling some deeds first ?

what do you think ?

It's have all ready been in development for at least a year. If they can't sell the deeds, they just keep more of the revenue. It's bad in the short term, good in the long term.

WTF is this s**t for real i really can't believe MA are going down this route, it is a great disappointment for what I used to consider a grown up game

I don't understand why you get so upset? Just ignore the app if you don't like it, you can play EU without using it.

When my head is done involuntarily shaking from side to side I am sure I will still think this is a bunch of shit.

Here's a picture of the newest pet stable:

kittyhouse.jpg

That site just gives info for warcrafts pet battle system, which this appears to be ripping off 100%
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/pet-battles/

Right so now Compets is ripping wow off??? even tho no one has even fucking seen compets yet?? You could say wow is ripping off pokemon. And pokemon was probably ripping off a battle manga which preceded it.

If it's ripping anyone off then thats for the courts to decide isnt it so whats the problem? It wont effect us at all and neither will this game which is as stated in the actual notes by ma De coupled from the main entropia game :cry: (crying because this thread is agonizing reading because people aren't reading/interpreting the initial notes properly)

..er... what happens to old pet deeds we own? :confused:
... and no more whips?!!! :(

well it appears it doesn't change anything with the old deeds. They may use the same system for the battle arenas when they're implemented but at the moment this doesn't help EU's economy other than the hope that once someone is hooked on this they'll try the even more expensive EU.

pfff ... finished reading 20 pages of confusion, complaining and hope ...

I don't get it why people start to cry it's bad before they've even got more information how it will be played and what the pro's are for the despositing players. It feels like some wants these ComPets to fail and MindArk to burn down to bankrupty with it, along with all the Planets.

ComPets is a different game. An analogue I'm thinking about is like this:
1) MindCar is a company that makes cabrioos all by themselves. They make all the parts themselves and assemble the cabrio self too. Every cabrio has a fictional creature painted on the car. One of the most popular is the "T-dino".
2) The cabrioos have some issues, but people love their cabrio too.
3) MindCar starts developing a 'normal car' with closed roof and people start crying that it's not the original cabrio they have bought. MindCar must be out of it's mind!
4) MindCar attracts other companies to assemble their own cars with the parts made by MindCar. Now we see different kind of cars: jeeps, limousines, and even tractors. People cry some more, because it's not the same car anymore! They are angry, they don't want to drive in a tractor! What is wrong with the company? Financial problems or what? People sell their cabrio, others simply let them to rot at the side of the road.
5) MindCar announces that they want to develope rollercoasters. They created an artist impression showing two coaster-trains one with the "T-dino" painted on it, the other with a Panda. Cabriageddon! Jeeps is one thing, but this? A Panda?! Rollercoasters has a fixed track, gone the freedom of the road! Before you know it, those who took a ride in the Panda-Coaster wants to buy a MindCar car too. Hell, we can't have that! Rollercoasters are for kids, we are adults driving our cars. If only the company could and would go back to where they started 10+ years ago. But before that never happens, we'll just blow-up our old cars because that's the only sensible thing to do right now. Your son or daughter might like a Rollercoaster with a Panda painted on it, and we can't have that, can we? Oh the horror! Just think about it: you're driving in your cabrio with the "T-Dino" painted on it, and some starger comes up to you and says "Hey man, cool car. I liked that rollercoaster too, almost as much as I liked the puppy-coaster." Arghhh! Hell and doom!

I think it's a good idea of MindArk. I'm a bit in the stage of "wait and see", but if there's more information how these ComPets will work and be playable (especially combined with EU), then I'll consider getting some deeds. Perhaps, ... now I just don't know yet.

:smash::eyecrazy::smash:

..er... what happens to old pet deeds we own? :confused:
... and no more whips?!!! :(

They make it very confusing, but from what I can tell:

Compets is NOT related to Entropia, taming OR the battles coming in game for tamed pets. It is a separate app.
So all the whips and such in game should still apply for the in-game pet content.

The ComPet deeds are a revenue sharing deed like the CLD, only for this unrelated App outside of Entropia.

You would get so much PED per whatever period per deed paid in-game (charged fees at withdrawl) , 200k of them at 10 bucks each. From revenues that are not generated in-game (which might raise some issues, and in reality is kind of avoiding tax and investor related reporting).

They want $2 million to finance an overpopulated genre, that has nothing to do with Entropia as far as we know, though it may use the MA owned creature assets probably. And they want to get it from their customer base, perhaps because they cannot get it funded elsewhere.

Last edited:
Does seem like a unrelated game, standalone, that they are trying to to raise
Money for. Kinda like the way a company sells shares pre being floated on stock exchange.

Not really sure how the target audience for such an app would play our EU? My kids play lots of apps but doubt any would play compets yet alone move from compets to eu...
It almost like the marketing department is a few years off with its idea ?!?
The concept been done to death for years now.

Thought I'd google compets.... Ended up here.
:) :)

http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/pets/

Good luck to compets. Especially if ma money is invested in it.

The whole ComPets deeds appears to be crowd funding for a product in development. There are millions of gaming Apps which are free. What will make ComPets so attractive to the iPad market? Free to play, costs to advance your pet :)
I am not seeing a huge uptake on these deeds. More so the EU stables have only 1 bid so far. Granted there is still 20 days left and players are evaluating their options I suspect if the stables don't sell more than 50%, we will need to see a lot more information from MA.

I am not seeing a huge uptake on these deeds. More so the EU stables have only 1 bid so far. Granted there is still 20 days left and players are evaluating their options I suspect if the stables don't sell more than 50%, we will need to see a lot more information from MA.

Will there be a reoffer if stables will not sell? Or will many years pass until we actually see taming stage 2?

Will there be a reoffer if stables will not sell? Or will many years pass until we actually see taming stage 2?
"Oh, scratch it, let's make ComBots instead - those won't need feeding and brushing."

Looking forward to Advanced Bot Charger Deeds (ABCD).

Or if the financing aspect of the project (all of these deeds MA is trying to !!!! us with) fail to sell, will we even see taming stage 2?

Will you all just stop complaining. It's not meant for you guys anyways, it was designed to indoctrinate your children.

They make it very confusing, but from what I can tell:

Compets is NOT related to Entropia, taming OR the battles coming in game for tamed pets. It is a separate app.
So all the whips and such in game should still apply for the in-game pet content.

The ComPet deeds are a revenue sharing deed like the CLD, only for this unrelated App outside of Entropia.

You would get so much PED per whatever period per deed paid in-game (charged fees at withdrawl) , 200k of them at 10 bucks each. From revenues that are not generated in-game (which might raise some issues, and in reality is kind of avoiding tax and investor related reporting).

They want $2 million to finance an overpopulated genre, that has nothing to do with Entropia as far as we know, though it may use the MA owned creature assets probably. And they want to get it from their customer base, perhaps because they cannot get it funded elsewhere.

Thanks for the clarification. Cannot rep (must pass rep around...).

Seems "deeds" is the new gold mine all PPs are heading towards now.

I think Compet offers a fantastic opportunity. For a start it's going to be an RCE App, surely that is rare in the market place.

The deed sale is a third less than the sale of Caly, (Caly $6m compet $2m)
Revenue is 30%, which 5% more than Caly
Overheads are likely to be much less than running a huge planet (even though hat doesn't matter for Gross Revenue).

So assuming its successful, the potential is 3 times more revenue than you'll expect from a caly deed (with the same turnover), but with the added advantage of strong capital growth. i.e. it's much easier to potentially sell a compet deed from 100 to 500, than it is to sell a Caly deed from 1000 to 5000 ped. (Penny share market).

I've been scratching my head how MA make it RCE, and the only thing I can come up with is the ped earning pets, must be auto pets (much like mobs in game). So you choose to fight an MA pet and hope to win and loot it as such.

Where the PVP element will probably be free to train your pets with other avatars...or something similar.

Personally I'm quite excited about it, I think the only major obstacle slowing down the sale of deeds, is the time frame before going live. Plus migration and few other issues.

I also think MA deliberately posted compet deeds at the same time as stables to make it clear there is two pet offerings. So a fair way of selling stables for ingame pet training PP mobs.

It would be nice to have more info of course, are they paying divs daily like Ark deeds.
How exactly does the game work (or would this give too much away to other game competitors)?

On the matter of stables, I've not heard one CLD owner complain, that in game generated pet revenue should belong to CLD holders. Or maybe an explanation on what CLD holders entitlement is for part of this revenue from older version of EU. Makes me smile, but hey ho.

Anyway back on topic, I hope these deeds take a while to sell, more pays days would come in handy.

Don't forget Global auction folks, don't need to pay more to resellers on Caly auction.

Happy gaming

Rick

I think Compet offers a fantastic opportunity. For a start it's going to be an RCE App, surely that is rare in the market place.

Not trolling here, but...

Every time I think about it, I really can't see how this will get past Apple. Even if it only goes into the Android Marketplace, I have concerns about whether they will get away with the battling for real cash concept.

I guess I really don't think we have enough information to fully understand the issue, yet.

Back