ComPet App Deeds

Not trolling here, but...

Every time I think about it, I really can't see how this will get past Apple. Even if it only goes into the Android Marketplace, I have concerns about whether they will get away with the battling for real cash concept.

right, its obviously going to be seen as (and will be) gambling.

I really don't know how it works, but I don't know of any other games in the app store where you can make in-app purchases and then somehow win cash. When it comes right down to it, perception plays a very big role in these things.

Erased everything i didn't like in this topic.. and this whole ComPet thing.
No whining, no negativity, left only the stuff i like:

2002.jpg

Maybe i'm not the ideal customer for ComPets? :scratch2:

Come on MA give us some more info like a release date or something! Or let deed holders Alpha test? I want more discussion on this subject but there is nothing left to talk about!

Yeah Venture, but if they have nothing to tell a potential investor that is better than the 'hope' that a risky investment will pay off, then they may have decided they are better off hoping for those people who will bid on the gamble without knowing even approxiamate odds.....

But it does also mean that I am less likely to get involved with pets at all, as I hate the lack of information. By association with this very poor situation, I may do my best to avoid at least stables even if I do decide to have pets......

Yeah Venture, but if they have nothing to tell a potential investor that is better than the 'hope' that a risky investment will pay off, then they may have decided they are better off hoping for those people who will bid on the gamble without knowing even approxiamate odds.....

But it does also mean that I am less likely to get involved with pets at all, as I hate the lack of information. By association with this very poor situation, I may do my best to avoid at least stables even if I do decide to have pets......

I've read the announcement over and over again digging for data, the key thing for me is COMPET will run in a browser. It will probably be the only RCE browser game out there (unless someone knows another). Many players are hung up on the Apple thing. I don't think it's the be all and end all. EU doesn't run on Apple and it raised $6m.

So as a stand alone browser game it has potential, now throw in tablet and phone login too, there is huge potential. I was looking a samsungs new 'S' tablet it looks the nuts. I think there will be a shift in the market as competitors catch up against Apples dominance.

Sure it's not very clear how the game will work, maybe we fight MA pets for ped as well as other avas pets? Although given MA already has most systems up and running already such as chat, account transfers etc, I guess they will try and incorporate some tech into the new game.

Is it 3d? I suspect its 2D to look like 3D, but who knows with tablets and phones becoming more powerful.

I also think many EU gamers will at least try it once, so whereas a new game has no customer base at the start, in reality MA has both a live customer base and a huge amount of email addresses for players that no longer use EU.

I expect the game to be a much cheaper offering than EU, although they do say it will cover all wallets. So maybe some fights will be at 5 pec or 50 pec, others might be 1 ped or 10 ped etc. So again it's likely to offer many revenue opportunities.

MA are renowned for keeping things close to their chest, sure it's a bit of a gamble or risk investing, although something that players have investing in (as a shareholder so to speak), has never failed yet to come to market with MA.

I personally think MA will attempt to go for a 3 year return, which puts daily revenue in the region of 5 - 15 pec a day per deed. That sounds a lot but remember it's a 3rd of the price of caly, and a bigger revenue percentage at 30%.

I also think the affiliate programme will bring huge dividends. Many players like nothing more than something for free, and will work their nuts off to attempt to qualify for the 15% rewards for paying people they can bring into the game.

So all in all, I think lots of positives, even if limited info, besides MA's reputation is on the line big time if they fail to deliver, so the fact they're issuing deeds tells me they've been working on this a while. I'm sure MA want players to buy all the deeds with cash rather than still be selling deeds when it goes live. They don't want people buying deeds with dividends (as what I think happened with Caly).

12.6K of deeds sold now, so around $126,000 not bad for the first few weeks (obviously need to exclude resales). I've bought some and keen to get more as the monthly pay-days roll in. Although timing seems about right to try and shift them in 6 months.

I'm really looking forward to this new MA game, I'm so pleased they're trying to grow the company in more than one direction, that's real business leadership.

Anyway here's hoping for a successful new offering from MA

Rick

Last edited:
I've read the announcement over and over again digging for data, the key thing for me is COMPET will run in a browser. It will probably be the only RCE browser game out there (unless someone knows another). Many players are hung up on the Apple thing. I don't think it's the be all and end all. EU doesn't run on Apple and it raised $6m.

So as a stand alone browser game it has potential, now throw in tablet and phone login too, there is huge potential. I was looking a samsungs new 'S' tablet it looks the nuts. I think there will be a shift in the market as competitors catch up against Apples dominance.

Rick

Hm, I actually have missed that they are saying "browsers" that means you can use on every computer and most smartphone also, even if the apps probably is a better solution if that is able.

I bought my first tablet a week ago, Sony Xperia Z2 (Android), really happy with that one.

Global auction is completely empty.

The few Compet Deeds being traded are through resellers mainly on Caly.

Is something amiss or is MA waiting until they have addressed the more important infrastructure matters...

A Little Search about app "Skillz on iOS"(an app that involves Real money not a game) show that actually People make tournaments..and to bring this Application on Apple the developers of Application haved to show that the games are based on player skills and not luck...This app is very popular with over 1 million user registered in first year on Android (app on Apple was lunch 1 year after)...Maybe this ComPet will worth trying or investing money on those deeds...

Browser RCE games they are ,but they aren't so popular like app discribed above..

I dont do Android mobile i do appel so this is nothing for me.

I dont do Android mobile i do appel so this is nothing for me.

AFAIK, this will be a web browser game, so any platform could beneficit it, don't tell me Apple haven't a correct web browser.
As for me, well this compet make me laugh and sad at the same time.
As for the auction, they are all sold :) I am the mysterious investor who bought 100 000 compet deed, see the next press release :lolup:

AFAIK, this will be a web browser game, so any platform could beneficit it, don't tell me Apple haven't a correct web browser.
As for me, well this compet make me laugh and sad at the same time.
As for the auction, they are all sold :) I am the mysterious investor who bought 100 000 compet deed, see the next press release :lolup:

all sold :scratch2: hard to believe. good news, but I didn't expected so fast :scratch2:

all sold :scratch2: hard to believe. good news, but I didn't expected so fast :scratch2:

Nah, they were barely selling. Guess MA finally realized that you shouldn't oversupply if you want to heat up interest :) Expect small throw-ins now and then.

So where is the compet app? :scratch2:

let the cumpet games begin

when do the compet deed returns come?

I'm not even sure what to write anymore. I'm all for new content/modules whatever you want to call it... but only when EVERYTHING else is fixed and working properly in EU. I get it, this is a standalone product, but I bet the developers and other associate staff has been pulled from other tasks.

I'm not even sure what to write anymore. I'm all for new content/modules whatever you want to call it... but only when EVERYTHING else is fixed and working properly in EU. I get it, this is a standalone product, but I bet the developers and other associate staff has been pulled from other tasks.

If done right, the app might have larger userbase and be more lucrative than EU ever been. If you'd anticipate a move to new better house soon, the creaks and draughts of your old one would probably be of your least concerns :)

If done right, the app might have larger userbase and be more lucrative than EU ever been. If you'd anticipate a move to new better house soon, the creaks and draughts of your old one would probably be of your least concerns :)

Well they could spend more time in this game to make it better since what you are saying is that if the other game is much better than this game, then this game will crash since MA will move to the new game leaving us PEDless?

I took the liberty of highlighting the key words; I'm not saying that all is lost, I'm leaving or any such stuff. Far from it: I'm happy to see changes and ways to attract more people in as I'm not that stupid to not realize that increasing the userbase is the key.

You say I won't care about the old crappy house if I move into a new one? That is a bit short sighted to me(no offence intended): if the new house is built by the same people... I would be concerned indeed!

Why would I buy a new crappy house from the same builder when the old one was creaking and squeaking form day one and it's not fixed yet after many years? What makes you think that the new one will be so great... past history? I don't think so.

I think most compet players will come from EU. People sitting in the train being bored, like i am right now.
That is ok for me, since my boredom will be lifted. But buying deeds right now, is more of a donation the a (wise) investment opportunity.

1st issue is the return graph, was this calculated by the same person that worked the hyper accurate one for the CLD return rate?

2nd wtf are we being asked the give MA another $2,000,000. Are they that low on funds that they need that much cash?

Btw there was a guy who built a farm style app got bored and decided to see how willing people to pay for stuff. He was adding ludicrous stuff like polkdot pink cows for $30 each and people were buying them. Simpons Tapped out is one of the highest grossing games on the mobile platform.

you think that's bad? two words: COW CLICKER

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_Clicker

you click on a cow every 8 hours. that is the game. and it was successful!

anyway, it's easy really:

a) stupid people throw their money away readily (sucker born every minute)
b) mobile phones (and social media) make people stupider

=> PROFIT

the make-or-break-thing for Compet really is the marketing. if the quality of the game is reasonable, attracting enough players will make this experiment (or gamble, whichever it is) with a high degree of probability

of course marketing isn't really MA's forte, but I'm still gonna buy deeds and hope for the best ^^

PS:

that warcraft pets article earlier in the thread brought one thing to my mind I didn't consider before... collecting hard-to-get things is certainly something that appeals to me. if ma is smart, they add pets you can exclusively earn in eu. grind 100 monsters -> get a pet version of that monster

Last edited:
you think that's bad? two words: COW CLICKER

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_Clicker

you click on a cow every 8 hours. that is the game. and it was successful!

anyway, it's easy really:

a) stupid people throw their money away readily (sucker born every minute)
b) mobile phones (and social media) make people stupider

=> PROFIT

the make-or-break-thing for Compet really is the marketing. if the quality of the game is reasonable, attracting enough players will make this experiment (or gamble, whichever it is) with a high degree of probability

of course marketing isn't really MA's forte, but I'm still gonna buy deeds and hope for the best ^^

PS:

that warcraft pets article earlier in the thread brought one thing to my mind I didn't consider before... collecting hard-to-get things is certainly something that appeals to me. if ma is smart, they add pets you can exclusively earn in eu. grind 100 monsters -> get a pet version of that monster

They've have those already. Kill 400 gorillas to make a tameable one. Kill 100 where wolf for a vampire. Kill a bunch of oratan miners for a mineral. Etc

They've have those already. Kill 400 gorillas to make a tameable one. Kill 100 where wolf for a vampire. Kill a bunch of oratan miners for a mineral. Etc
not sure what you're trying to say here. I'm talking about earning rewards in compet by playing entropia

oh yeah, and on a side note: I really hate pandas too (for some reason). they aren't cute AT ALL

<removed>

:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back