New CEO with better communication?

Venture Bros

Elite
Banned
Society
Death Lords
Thaddeus Rusty Venture
Lets see some of it then! Make some official posts or announcements.

And fix all the shops with the display areas being the entire store so you can't place anything in it.

Did you miss their post/announcement about the Migration event?

And Kim and Joakim has been posting on forum. Did you miss those posts too?

"Entropia Universe
23 hours ago
It's vacation time!

In the next few weeks we'll try to spend a little less time in the office. We will of course continue to monitor the Facebook page for any questions you might have, it just may take a little longer for us to answer.

If you have any problems with your Entropia account the support staff will be available the whole summer. You can contact them by filing a support case as usual on the http://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/contact/ page.

See you soon!"

@ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Entropia-Universe/474792985904356

Lets see some of it then! Make some official posts or announcements.

Communication with the players is not the main task for a CEO, they have and should have other people doing that. A CEO should focus on the things he or she is good and the main task a CEO have, leading and manage the company. So words now and then of the overall strategy and situation is enough, let the people best situated for the task handle the rest of the communication.

Seriously, all of these changes, announcements roll out with a week to work on issues before a known vacation break? That seems so backwards to me. If you aren't going to be around to catch the errors, why would you want to create a situation that would prolong fixing the problems that come up? It would make more sense to release later.

You still havn't even fixed the social UI and it has been months! (friends lists don't work and shop sales are missing)
Thanks for making those concerns a priority when we mentioned them months ago.

I don't expect much change in communication except when it becomes an issue on the whiteboard in the meeting room. When it gets wiped off, it will be forgotten again.

Gratz have a good times spend your vacation . :wtg:

BUT please answer my damn suport case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Communication with the players is not the main task for a CEO, they have and should have other people doing that. A CEO should focus on the things he or she is good and the main task a CEO have, leading and manage the company. So words now and then of the overall strategy and situation is enough, let the people best situated for the task handle the rest of the communication.

Except for that he explicitly stated that he is doing to have direct communication with the players often, DIRECTLY hear our problems and offer solutions. Which I guess was another lie.

Except for that he explicitly stated that he is doing to have direct communication with the players often, DIRECTLY hear our problems and offer solutions. Which I guess was another lie.

He did? where? I only saw that he said they would improve their communication with the participants, not that he would be directly involved.

He did? where? I only saw that he said they would improve their communication with the participants, not that he would be directly involved.

http://www.mindark.com/investor-relations/corporate-governance/documents/Mindark-Appoints-New-Chief-Executive-Officer.pdf said:
"As CEO of MindArk, I will focus on improving our communication with participants and
taking advantage of their valuable feedback to make Entropia Universe a more
entertaining and engaging universe. A place where Entropians are eager to play,
socialize, invest and entertain themselves. Toward that goal, MindArk will also prioritize
improving the stability of the Entropia Universe client and platform, and delivering a
quality product.”
He states that he himself ("I") will focus on improving communication with the players ("participants") and hear what we will say ("taking advantage of their valuable feedback").

He is not talking to us or listening to us. He is already just a liar on vacation.

He states that he himself ("I") will focus on improving communication with the players ("participants") and hear what we will say ("taking advantage of their valuable feedback").

He is not talking to us or listening to us. He is already just a liar on vacation.
When I read this, I read: I will focus our communication with the players. This "our" is stating MindArk as a company and not him all by himself. :)

Take a long breath now, Sweden is closed for 4 - 5 weeks :yay:

SEMESTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

5 weeks fully paid vacation :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

When I read this, I read: I will focus our communication with the players. This "our" is stating MindArk as a company and not him all by himself. :)

Yes that how I think it's suppose to mean, at least that are how I read it.

Take a long breath now, Sweden is closed for 4 - 5 weeks :yay:

SEMESTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

5 weeks fully paid vacation :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I know, my first week starts today! :yay:
And it's Sunny and already 23c at 11am. :cool:
(Well, I stay indoors anyway, but it's fun for the ones who like the sun...:silly2: )

Except he does not say our, or we, or the team, he says I. You are telling me what you imagined in your head when you read the word on, that is completely irrelevant.

Except he does not say our, or we, or the team, he says I. You are telling me what you imagined in your head when you read the word on, that is completely irrelevant.
This is my p.o.v of what he said.
He says he will improve their communication with players.

As CEO of MindArk, I will focus on improving our communication with participants and
entertaining and engaging universe.

If he had ment himself he had said:

As CEO of MindArk, I will focus on improving my communication with participants and

What he will do is to find ways that improves the way the staff is communicating
with the playerbase. And since he is one of the staff, even he should improve his
communication with playerbase. But as a CEO he will most probably just give the
playerbase more info, and let some in the staff handle communication where they
want feedback from players.
In the end it's same thing, and it really doesn't matter who handle communication
and feedback, as long as it really improves. :)

This is my p.o.v of what he said.
He says he will improve their communication with players.

As CEO of MindArk, I will focus on improving our communication with participants and

If he had ment himself he had said:

As CEO of MindArk, I will focus on improving my communication with participants and

What he will do is to find ways that improves the way the staff is communicating
with the playerbase. And since he is one of the staff, even he should improve his
communication with playerbase. But as a CEO he will most probably just give the
playerbase more info, and let some in the staff handle communication where they
want feedback from players.
In the end it's same thing, and it really doesn't matter who handle communication
and feedback, as long as it really improves. :)
Bingo! :yup:

@ Venture... What I read, I took from your post, so you may want to re-read it again. There is clearly an OUR in there.

My apologies to you if you think I was too rude in my reply, or incapable of reading your post. :beerchug:

As for my imagination, it's too busy thinking of my naked wife on my face, so clearly it's not trying to come up with some strange interpretations! ;)

Except CEO of mindark does NOTHING, so he should be at least talking to us. When David was CEO he would reply to my emails in seconds, because he had nothing better to do. He sat in his office doing nothing all day but browsing the internet. Which I am sure this guy is as well.

Except CEO of mindark does NOTHING, so he should be at least talking to us. When David was CEO he would reply to my emails in seconds, because he had nothing better to do. He sat in his office doing nothing all day but browsing the internet. Which I am sure this guy is as well.

Why are you even here. If I had that much resent I wouldn't be playing.

The communication about the nature and duration of the server shutdown today was an improvement over what? Nothing has changed.

It's down for a day or two, 1 hour? 30 minutes? (how many white knights are going to jump in to defend MA? :woot:)

The communication about the nature and duration of the server shutdown today was an improvement over what? Nothing has changed.

It's down for a day or two, 1 hour? 30 minutes? (how many white knights are going to jump in to defend MA? :woot:)

I will for one. MA has made significant strides in better communication over the past year. If they said "two hours" and some unforseen bug made it three you still wouldn't be happy and you'd still give them a ration of crap over it.

There is ALWAYS some room for improvement no matter what you are dealing with but some of you who refuse to recognize that significant strides have already been made really need to get real.

MA did communicate about the issues we have faced this past week, they DID update those communications and so far their timeline estimates have been accurate. Thats FAR more than we were getting a year ago and I for one appreciate the effort on MA's part and prefer to express that appreciation for the improvements already obviously made and encourage them to get even better at it.

There are lots of things that still need attention...ffs focus on those and quit beating them up about things they're obviously working to change and improve. You just might find them encouraged to start working a bit harder at providing enough information about deeds and fixing longstanding clothing bugs if you give them a chance to "win" now and then. They're human and if you continually stick a human being in a place there they cant win no matter what they do there is little incentive to keep trying. Grow up and develop the ability to see a whole picture from someone else's perspective and exercise a little adult (and fair) judgement about what you see.

Storm

It's down for a day or two, 1 hour? 30 minutes?
We got the correct message on CL now, that's an improvement. And then the server goes dark and the only info we get is the warning messages in the chat window. No more info anywhere, nothing @ Support on the official webpage, no message from Berta, no info in the Client Loader... nothing.

They tried for a few days and that was nice but then dropped right back to the old style again.
Nothing has changed.

Last edited:
We got the correct message on CL now, that's an improvement. And then the server goes dark and the only info we get is the warning messages in the chat window. No more info anywhere, nothing @ Support on the official webpage, no message from Berta, no info in the Client Loader... nothing.

They tried for a few days and that was nice but then dropped right back to the old style again.
Nothing has changed.

It is a shame, it is just common courtesy to say "hi guise, we're just shutting down for {x amount of time}! luvz u baybez xxoxoxoxox" (sorry, irony here :D)

Very interesting coming from the founder of a click-for-ped site that crashed and burned due to a dark cloud of unanswered questions.

Very interesting coming from the founder of a click-for-ped site that crashed and burned due to a dark cloud of unanswered questions.

If GOD will start talk with us, he would have more unhappy people , because answer to a question (yes or no) will leave huge count unhappy people, because like now, some of you do not even accept yes or no answer, eather way you will be unhappy having an any answer you can get, taht is why Ma decided not to talk with us.

Since the server and lag issue MA have communicated better to be fair to them (message in loader screen), which is better than the old days.

Estimated downtime for server upgrade though would have been nice, but as servers located in NL maybe they just don't have estimate as of yet from server park.

At least server up[grades will stop lag (hopefully), so will all be worth it.

If GOD will start talk with us, he would have more unhappy people , because answer to a question (yes or no) will leave huge count unhappy people, because like now, some of you do not even accept yes or no answer, eather way you will be unhappy having an any answer you can get, taht is why Ma decided not to talk with us.

You stated more clearly one of the points I was alluding to. Well said. Leave anyone with a situation where they "lose" no matter how hard they try and they have no reason to try.

God created Earth , and not created trade termina,.
Man gets an banana and cannot bring to sell it to trade detmina, its value is 0 , only another man buys it for 1 usd, making markup of an banana 1usd.
still banana will cost 1 usd untill someone will buy it, if there was less buyers or more sellers, price start to drop.
still banana value is 0.

Mindark created and virtual world with tt value. TT value cannot be bigger than people deposited, because and first day of server start thwere was 0 ped in game, just people added it.

Smartest people who make proffit of this game understands stha Mindark is companty that main his functionality is not to make poeple rich. But they trye to make them happy.

people in our age managed how to "loose", "pay" money for beer and drink a bottle, and then piss all out, and in this situation none complains taht they payd 2usd for a bottle that gave 100% satisfaction but 0% of proffit.

continuing this my mind, i want to say that there is alot activities making people spend money for fun or action. and i dont give any difference between buying a beer for 2 usd, or playing a game depositing same ammount of money.

Mindark Job is not make you rich, you have to find way yourself, so dont complain that Mindark makes something wrong here, better think are you pay enought to let them act how you want.

Mindark Job is not make you rich, you have to find way yourself, so dont complain that Mindark makes something wrong here, better think are you pay enought to let them act how you want.

Yep, when you will lose some kilopeds due to some crash - read your shit again.

Thats really okay .... :(

"Entropia Universe
23 hours ago
It's vacation time!

In the next few weeks we'll try to spend a little less time in the office. We will of course continue to monitor the Facebook page for any questions you might have, it just may take a little longer for us to answer.

If you have any problems with your Entropia account the support staff will be available the whole summer. You can contact them by filing a support case as usual on the http://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/contact/ page.

See you soon!"

@ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Entropia-Universe/474792985904356

you guys go on vacation and leave us paying customers standing in the rain with so much Errors and bugs we cant count anymore ? Where is the missing german Translation for us german Players? there are ppl which are not this familiar reading and writing english or understanding it! Why always announcing things and afterwards cancelling it and announce them for a later date? i am ingame now for six years with some breaks ... but everytime i am online again its the same with EU ... nothing really happend but fixing one error with 10 other Errors ... not to mention that we could spend our Money elsewhere? Just go on vacation ... :mad:

Agree but ....

How was the communication with german paying customers in earlier times? We ha a functioning german Support ... then MA stopped it (maybe it was to expensive for them idk) then they said they will have a german Support in future again (this is 4 years ago now) and today? we dont have even a german Translation of the game anymore ...

i really hope the Focus of the new CEO is on a better communcation AND keeping all the promises MA made in the past ... if not ... okay maybe we get another CEO then and another and another and ....

Loosing customers never pays out for the Management ...

Back