Entropia Universe Patch 14.7.4.1

Smart people who can spell Android.

Don't underestimate the power of freemium games. We petitioned mindark to have additional revenue streams coming into the game and they have done so.. And now some of you are bitching about it and going right to the weak argument that it is a scam. Come on now....

I wasn't complaining. I was asking a question...who still uses them. Here not that many, but other countries, it could still be a lot. And knowing the numbers of users would be a rather important thing to know, wouldn't it?

Not able to log in and check auc.
What are the SB / BO price on these deeds and when do they end?
And how many are they selling?

Last edited:
Yeah, those people who rarely pay for software, preferring it uglier but free. Good luck fishing out a pec out of them.

That's true.
iPhones users would be more willing to spend money while playing on their overpriced toys ;)

Yeah, those people who rarely pay for software, preferring it uglier but free. Good luck fishing out a pec out of them.

Did a price check a while back on tablets. The one from Apple cost around 1000SEK (100 euro) more than the most similar Samsung Android one. The app required for the specific function needed cost 995SEK from Apple, while the Android one was free (basic) with an add-on for 25SEK. So why would I go for iOS? :dunno:

(Also, from what I have seen in various places, the Android share of the market seems to be way higher than just 40%? Difficult to find reliable sources on this though).

The one from Apple cost around 1000SEK (100 euro) more than the most similar Samsung Android one. The app required for the specific function needed cost 995SEK from Apple, while the Android one was free (basic) with an add-on for 25SEK. So why would I go for iOS? :dunno:

This is true when your tablet is your working tool, a hammer doesn't need a leather-lined handle. But when it comes to entertainment and recreation, your example is selection between an armchair and a stool.

This is true when your tablet is your working tool, a hammer doesn't need a leather-lined handle. But when it comes to entertainment and recreation, your example is selection between an armchair and a stool.

I don't see the difference tho, since I never felt that Apple makes more beautiful or easily used products (from my admittedly rather limited experience)... So for me, it's the same thing except the white one costs A LOT more :laugh:

What in the heck are you talking about? What do the willing to pay for the apps have to do with the phone I have?
Android is bigger than Iphone, Iphone will have smaller and smaller world market share.

Not able to log in and check auc.
What are the SB / BO price on these deeds and when do they end?
And how many are they selling?

I looked, they are BO for 100 ped each. SB and BO are the same. There is one auction for 100 of them that started at 1 ped and is raising from there, value to MA of 100 CPD is 10000, doubt it gets anywhere near that.

I wasn't complaining. I was asking a question...who still uses them. Here not that many, but other countries, it could still be a lot. And knowing the numbers of users would be a rather important thing to know, wouldn't it?

I'm really confused by these comments. BB is dead, Palm is dead, Nokia in-house mobile OSes are dead, Windows phone is barely making any market penetration, and iPhone is a niche product limited mostly to the US and then to the western world. What in the world are you talking about? Is there some other option i've missed besides ubiquitous Android? Dunno about Europe personally but i'm 100% sure Chicago isn't mostly iPhones lol.

I'm still using my Maemo OS phone but everyone I know is on Android. I had to install an Android virtual system to use the Virtual Tycoon app...

Wrong context. Wasn't saying you were complaining but rather others in the thread. You, on the other hand, didn't spell Android correctly and that is an immortal sin. Death to thee!

What in the heck are you talking about? What do the willing to pay for the apps have to do with the phone I have?
Android is bigger than Iphone, Iphone will have smaller and smaller world market share.

It is more than 40%. Last I checked Android had roughly 42% and IoS about 48% and the gap is closing. People are tired of Apple just polishing the same box year after year.

I do Android mobile development and refuse to do apple due to all the fees and restrictions ... nevermind the delays.

OS choices has very little to do with how much people will pay for their virtual items.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems

Everything, because here we're talking about making money with an app. Android share is bigger, amount of downloads is higher, yet iOS apps make 85% more money.

With free-to-play games it's even worse, because the whole point of a f2p game is to incline user to compulsive in-app purchases, and it doesn't work with average Android user. When developers bother to make an Android version of their game, they do it solely to increase coverage, to make more people talk about it, not expecting any serious revenue from that market.

it would be really nice if someday mindark stop watching at us only as open wallets , and maybe a little bit more as customers expecting some content

ios users will of course think it is the best and most used
android users will of course think it is the best and most used
but when it gets down to it, Jobs is dead and we all use google, so looking forward it looks like we will all probably be using charcoal on cave walls.

it would be really nice if someday mindark stop watching at us only as open wallets , and maybe a little bit more as customers expecting some content

That is the responsibility of the planet partner.

Everything, because here we're talking about making money with an app. Android share is bigger, amount of downloads is higher, yet iOS apps make 85% more money.

With free-to-play games it's even worse, because the whole point of a f2p game is to incline user to compulsive in-app purchases, and it doesn't work with average Android user. When developers bother to make an Android version of their game, they do it solely to increase coverage, to make more people talk about it, not expecting any serious revenue from that market.

The reason Apple still have an edge in the app revenue is mostly because Iphone still is very strong in the US market and lot of applications are designed for the US market. Android will soon take the lead in the revenue league also, if not Windows makes a huge breakthrough on the phone market.

Someone should explain the forum rules to Big Bertha

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT OTHER GAMES!!!

This is what I thought!
I got a 15 day ban for mentioning another game once!

How much of this new game is completed?

When will we be able to play it?

Who is developing it?

I would also like the answer for this!

ComPet Deeds are now available on the Entropia Universe global auction via the PC client, and via the Virtual Tycoon Android app.

Contacting server...

Last edited:
If the economies are entirely separate, then why did the first announcement say that Compets can be played for Ped?

Are these the same Ped? Can Ped be transferred between EU and Compets? If non-EU players of Compets pay and win Ped, how do they withdraw their winnings? How will MA avoid accusations of gambling, money-laundering, allowing under-18s to spend on their parent's credit card?

If I wanted to participate in crowd-funding, why should I do it from inside EU, and be subject to their EULA and withdrawal system?

If the economies are entirely separate, then why did the first announcement say that Compets can be played for Ped?

Are these the same Ped? Can Ped be transferred between EU and Compets? If non-EU players of Compets pay and win Ped, how do they withdraw their winnings? How will MA avoid accusations of gambling, money-laundering, allowing under-18s to spend on their parent's credit card?

If I wanted to participate in crowd-funding, why should I do it from inside EU, and be subject to their EULA and withdrawal system?

:wise::clap::thumbup:

If you use your heads this could actually be a good thing. I personally have always wanted MA to diversify, so they don't have all their eggs in one basket.

I thought from the Compet pics it was pretty obvious it was a separate game. What they've likely to have done is build one pet system they can share on two platforms. With the only difference being skins, and stable layout.

It should cost a lot less to run a small game on a tablet, so potentially it could have a huge audience. Assuming it is successful, then there's less pressure to cover overhead costs for EU.

From a business point of view, the costs v revenue should be tons better on a small platform. So expect more of the same if it works out.

My view is:

Stable sales are for in-game EU pets
Compet deeds chance to invest in the other platform

I'm looking forward to trying the game, it's got to be cheaper than $80 day to hunt some Longtooths with no item drops or hofs. Well the market they're competing in suggest it should be tons cheaper, unless it's an RCE, but I didn't get that impression....so it should be tons cheaper.

I guess we can discuss any MA game here, same business.

Rick

MA should be careful, until now they could claim PED is just an in game currency, but now that PED is being used to essentially invest in a separate game it could be seen legally as real money, in which case they are liable for all of the PED in game.

Was thinking of getting a few, thinking it was connected to EU taming system.

But now, with the following statements :

• The ComPet App will provide new business opportunities for MindArk, and will help to grow the Entropia Universe user base.
  • The ComPet App content and art style will be separate from that of Entropia Universe.
  • There are no plans at the moment to make ComPet pets available in Entropia Universe.
  • Development of the ComPet App will not negatively impact the development, nor the performance of Entropia Universe. In fact the servers will be entirely separate.
  • The economies of Entropia Universe and the ComPet App will be entirely separate.
1) It is a new business opportunity for MA. It claims to help grow EU player base, but I don't see how that will work if both are basically totally seperate games.
2) No plans at the moment to make ComPet pets available in Entropia Universe. Guess it may change as time goes. :scratch2:
3) If they keeping totally separate content / art assets and if development of the ComPet App does not impact EU development, that probably means they will hire a new team of programmers / artists for this App, probably with the deeds bought here. Might be some duplication of work if thats the case, but I can't state that for sure without knowing whats the EU Team composition.

Basically we are the ones who are supposed to kickstart this new game.

Now, if I am an investor in a new "Business Opportunity", I will look closely at the company involved, and right now MA does not have a good track record when it comes to "Business Opportunities".

I still might get ONE deed, but I will have to think about it first.

Was thinking of getting a few, thinking it was connected to EU taming system.

But now, with the following statements :

You might still have a chance if BAD really are not CPD. That's the only thing I can't figure out. When ComPet was announced, I said right away that
ComPet thing doesn't have anything to do with ingame Arenas or Battle Arena Deeds. A totally standalone game.
and turned out to be right on half of it, but then Teiwaz Storm pointed out that the details in BAD and CPD announcements are essentially equal (200k, 100 ped, Q1 2015, etc), so it might be the same thing. But, there is one little discrepancy:

BAD/Battle Arena:
A web-based Battle Arena game is planned for early 2015. The game will be developed as a cross-platform solution available on the web and for mobile devices, and will have direct ties to the Entropia Universe taming! system.

CPD/ComPet:
[*]The ComPet App content and art style will be separate from that of Entropia Universe.

[*]The economies of Entropia Universe and the ComPet App will be entirely separate.

So either there was a change of plans and they forgot to tell us, or ingame Battle Arenas and BADs are still coming (even though it sounds crazy that they could expect to sell 200k CPD and 200k BAD). My feelings are 60/40 toward the latter.

Last edited:
I think that its obvious that Battle Arena Deeds are now simply called Combat Pet App Deeds

ComPet has a much better ring to it

I think that its obvious that Battle Arena Deeds are now simply called Combat Pet App Deeds

I'm not so sure about that. I think their just using the same formula. A lot easier to keep things similar. :scratch2: Time will tell I guess. ;)

I dunno Hardwrath, we still have in game "battle arenas" that have been mentioned. Yet now there is supposed to be no EU connection with this "stand alone" ComPet game.

Its almost sounding as if they are coding something that can be used in both games with simple skin changes. How in-game EU pet battles might work is still a mystery and still all guesswork when you get right down to it...which is just not a good thing IMO.

At this point...who knows :)

Back