Entropia Universe Patch 14.7.4.1

MA, your "Semester" is cancelled, come back an explain yourself ASAP. :silly2:

No doubt the shit was carefully timed to reach the fan when everyone's on vacation and don't have to explain :)

I'm really confused by these comments. BB is dead, Palm is dead, Nokia in-house mobile OSes are dead, Windows phone is barely making any market penetration, and iPhone is a niche product limited mostly to the US and then to the western world. What in the world are you talking about? Is there some other option i've missed besides ubiquitous Android? Dunno about Europe personally but i'm 100% sure Chicago isn't mostly iPhones lol.

I'm still using my Maemo OS phone but everyone I know is on Android. I had to install an Android virtual system to use the Virtual Tycoon app...

The US market share of Android is over 60% and in Europe is close to 70%. This is as of beginning of 2014. Windows phone actually has strong growth in Europe, making up over 10% of market.

I'm really confused by these comments. BB is dead, Palm is dead, Nokia in-house mobile OSes are dead, Windows phone is barely making any market penetration, and iPhone is a niche product limited mostly to the US and then to the western world. What in the world are you talking about? Is there some other option i've missed besides ubiquitous Android? Dunno about Europe personally but i'm 100% sure Chicago isn't mostly iPhones lol.

I'm still using my Maemo OS phone but everyone I know is on Android. I had to install an Android virtual system to use the Virtual Tycoon app...

It is not so strange because compared to most of the others products you name, mobile gaming is one of the cheapest options. It is for that reason why the biggest mobile gaming market in the world is Asia. Most part of last year I was in Asia and what struck me, is that you see almost everyone walk around with a Smartphone or tablet. And most people do not download those games, instead they go to a local mall. There you find little shops that put them on your Smartphone while you wait. Telecom companies compete with each other by offering a collection of mobile game for free if you sign up with them. So most get a Samsung from between 50 to 100 euro, have games put on it for a few euro and walk off happy messing around with their new toy.

Smartphone's are relatively cheap compared to all the other products. And the app / games market is flooded by free or cheap apps and games. It is also a relative young market compared to PC's for sample. It's a cheap gadget that everyone who can afford it, wants to try out. But give it a few years and you will see this market stabilize and decline. Smartphone sales have been going down already the past few years. My bet is that this market will be replaced by the new mini laptops that are on the rise. Android is fun, but very limited for the end user.

The US market share of Android is over 60% and in Europe is close to 70%. This is as of beginning of 2014. Windows phone actually has strong growth in Europe, making up over 10% of market.

Same point i was making: in what world is Android tottering on its last leg on its way out?

It is not so strange because compared to most of the others products you name, mobile gaming is one of the cheapest options. It is for that reason why the biggest mobile gaming market in the world is Asia. Most part of last year I was in Asia and what struck me, is that you see almost everyone walk around with a Smartphone or tablet. And most people do not download those games, instead they go to a local mall. There you find little shops that put them on your Smartphone while you wait. Telecom companies compete with each other by offering a collection of mobile game for free if you sign up with them. So most get a Samsung from between 50 to 100 euro, have games put on it for a few euro and walk off happy messing around with their new toy.

Smartphone's are relatively cheap compared to all the other products. And the app / games marhet is flooded by free or cheap apps and games. It is also a relative young market compared to PC's for sample. It's a cheap gadget that everyone who can afford it, wants to try out. But give it a few years and you will see this market stabilize and decline. Smartphone sales have been going down already the past few years. My bet is that this market will be replaced by the new mini laptops that are on the rise. Android is fun, but very limited for the end user.

I'm not sure where you're going with the rest of the post but the second and third to last lines seem hard to believe (have any statistics to back it up?)... a mini laptop doesn't have the same functionality as a smartphone, even when it comes to cheap gaming.

The last line is referring mostly to old versions of Android. I agree, Android for years was very limited, and there's a reason i use Maemo on my phone, but the newer versions of Android (i.e. the versions you can't get on a cheap knock-off android phone in an Asian market) are getting more like a real OS, but they are also going onto faster, more expensive hardware.

This is quite off topic, but it seems there are half a dozen threads on the same original topic due to the confusion MA has created. :laugh:

Same point i was making: in what world is Android tottering on its last leg on its way out?

It doesn't, but neither it's the first target choice for game development.

Meanwhile,

[Rookie] [Mindark Official Lupus] : *cough*
[Rookie] [Mindark Official Lupus] : I do not wish to speak in the Rookie channel to much though, but I am reading, find me in world if you wish to speak with me a little bit more.

So who's on Caly go find him and shake the answers out of him :)

I'm not sure where you're going with the rest of the post but the second and third to last lines seem hard to believe (have any statistics to back it up?)... a mini laptop doesn't have the same functionality as a smartphone, even when it comes to cheap gaming.

The last line is referring mostly to old versions of Android. I agree, Android for years was very limited, and there's a reason i use Maemo on my phone, but the newer versions of Android (i.e. the versions you can't get on a cheap knock-off android phone in an Asian market) are getting more like a real OS, but they are also going onto faster, more expensive hardware.

This is quite off topic, but it seems there are half a dozen threads on the same original topic due to the confusion MA has created. :laugh:

If you look at the sales of Smartphone's over the past few years, you see the decline. This is however normal when a market get's saturated, that is why those companies will look for other products to make up for this.
If you search the internet you will find the reports. However I do not believe this has much impact on Android.

Samsung says second-quarter profit will likely fall as much as 26.5% from a year earlier.
https://screen.yahoo.com/wall-stree.../samsung-says-weak-demand-hurt-052702900.html

Blackberry reports $5.9bn annual loss ( I know that is not an android phone. )
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-26787225

Apple sales team worried of android.
http://pocketnow.com/2014/04/04/apple-sales-team-worried-of-android

This is an old one, but that is what I mean.
http://www.eweek.com/mobile/smartphone-sales-near-saturation-point-in-mature-markets-idc.html

I am sorry, I wasn't clear enough about those mini laptops. The ones I am talking about are running on android, some in combination with windows 7. I have seen these show up more and more in retail shops. However it is too soon I think to say they will be the next big thing. But when the Smartphone sales decline those companies will look to other products.

Mobile game revenues 2014.
http://go-mashmobile.com/news/news-...nks-top-100-countries-for-game-revenues-2014/

Oops went way off topic I think ... :ahh:

Last edited:
If you look at the sales of Smartphone's over the past few years, you see the decline. This is however normal when a market get's saturated, that is why those companies will look for other products to make up for this.
If you search the internet you will find the reports. However I do not believe this has much impact on Android.

Samsung says second-quarter profit will likely fall as much as 26.5% from a year earlier.
https://screen.yahoo.com/wall-stree.../samsung-says-weak-demand-hurt-052702900.html

Blackberry reports $5.9bn annual loss ( I know that is not an android phone. )
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-26787225

Apple sales team worried of android.
http://pocketnow.com/2014/04/04/apple-sales-team-worried-of-android

This is an old one, but that is what I mean.
http://www.eweek.com/mobile/smartphone-sales-near-saturation-point-in-mature-markets-idc.html

I am sorry, I wasn't clear enough about those mini laptops. The ones I am talking about are running on android, some in combination with windows 7. I have seen these show up more and more in retail shops. However it is too soon I think to say they will be the next big thing. But when the Smartphone sales decline those companies will look to other products.

Mobile game revenues 2014.
http://go-mashmobile.com/news/news-...nks-top-100-countries-for-game-revenues-2014/

Oops went way off topic I think ... :ahh:

Thanks for links. Yeah saturation is one thing but that doesn't usually mean a decline in sales, just a decline in sales growth. Phones have a short lifetime (for most people anyway, i'm going to stick with this 2009 model until it dies :laugh:), so the companies have at least a relatively high replacement rate to count on. I guess the problem is most businesspeople are taught that there are no limits to growth, so if a market saturates they figure they'll just give the product a new coat of paint and sell it to the same people. :lolup:

ComPet

Maybe we should change the focus from smartphone market shares to the real question;
WTF is ComPet!? And what impact does it have on EU?

Maybe we should change the focus from smartphone market shares to the real question;
WTF is ComPet!? And what impact does it have on EU?

Take our Hard Earned Friends, Players, revenue and CLD ROI to MA pockets, this company must be brought under Laws for irregular movements of finances meant for Community benefits. USA citizens must take action as they form the largest Player Base as Swedish laws are too liberal to stop this lowering player satisfaction with this game.

Take our Hard Earned Friends, Players, revenue and CLD ROI to MA pockets, this company must be brought under Laws for irregular movements of finances meant for Community benefits. USA citizens must take action as they form the largest Player Base as Swedish laws are too liberal to stop this lowering player satisfaction with this game.

And what action do you suggest the playerbase take?

And what action do you suggest the playerbase take?

Get Accounts and Transaction audited by Legal Authorities for irregular transfer of revenue from Calypso and other Planets being redirected to development and marketing projects outside Entropia and make sure with Loot trend constantly giving low Returns gets regulated.....

Get Accounts and Transaction audited by Legal Authorities for irregular transfer of revenue from Calypso and other Planets being redirected to development and marketing projects outside Entropia and make sure with Loot trend constantly giving low Returns gets regulated.....

When your dealer shortchanges you, you don't call cops :)

So you for real suggest that a IRL authority should regulate how loot is distributed within Entropia Universe?

No offense but [Insert offending text here] ....

Its a sandbox game, sure it has a RCE aspect, but in the essence its a game, entertainment, its not a f****ing stock exchange.

blablabla

Its a sandbox game, sure it has a RCE aspect, but in the essence its a game, entertainment, its not a f****ing stock exchange.

Then why is MA acting like it is one, offering us "stocks" of EU and even other games ingame:scratch2:

WTF would you call CPD?!?:loco:

Definitely not a stock lol, it's rather some kind of share.

So whatever it is , it has nothing with "stocks" at all..

WTF would you call CPD?!?:loco:

A virtual item that gives your virtual avatar ( wich you do not own ) access to part of funds beeing generated elsewhere.

In no way to be mistaken for stocks, but ofcourse it depends on how you look at entropia, as a game, or a investment plattform.

If i invest id rather do it somewhere where i actually own what i pay for, in real life.

A virtual item that gives your virtual avatar ( wich you do not own ) access to part of funds beeing generated elsewhere.

In no way to be mistaken for stocks, but ofcourse it depends on how you look at entropia, as a game, or a investment plattform.

If i invest id rather do it somewhere where i actually own what i pay for, in real life.

Entropia is by creators themselves considered an "investment platform"...

Entropia is by creators themselves considered an "investment platform"...

not really, it seems they express themselves more in terms "invest in your avatar" wich really isnt the same as investing for a wealthy future irl.

not really, it seems they express themselves more in terms "invest in your avatar" wich really isnt the same as investing for a wealthy future irl.

From the new news articles they detail gameplay.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/220433/Compet_Battles.php
Smartphone, tablet and browser users will be able to compete with one another by selecting one of the many pets available in the ComPet application. There are various maturity and price levels available to fit players of all types, including a free-to-play version. Once a pet has been selected the user will choose a number of "buffs" and "add-ons" that can both personalize the pet and enhance its combat prowess. Next, users carefully prepare a unique battle plan; this is a set of special instructions for the pet on how to engage its rival. Once the user is satisfied with the pet configuration, the pet can be entered into the ComPet Arena or enlisted for defense duty at the user's home base. In any battle, trainers can win real cash prizes. If players play for free they can win special pet upgrades and points; if played for PED (Project Entropia Dollars), they can win more PED, which can be exchanged for real cash.

EDIT Wow, nvm, I swear I do not remember reading that in the original announcement...

Last edited:
Someone should explain the forum rules to Big Bertha

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT OTHER GAMES!!!

tumblr_inline_mniqk8TjP31qz4rgp.gif

I just paid a visit to the auction, and saw no deeds at 100 PED. Only resellers.

Are all gone already? Or is this just a repeating of what happened with the CLD?

I just paid a visit to the auction, and saw no deeds at 100 PED. Only resellers.

Are all gone already? Or is this just a repeating of what happened with the CLD?

On the right hand side select Global Auction instead of Calypso. Then you will see them :)

Back