ComPet deeds and BAD?

Korin Dante MDe

Prowler
ComPet deeds and BAD both are same thing with different names? When can we expect the revenue to start coming from them?

No I think they are different? As bertha said the to economys are seperate, CPD's is just revenue from the app, but BAD's are revenue from the ingame battle arena, so the latter would work like tax on an LA, pets fight, yuo get paid, where as with CPD's you get paid from the revenue from in-app purchases more like a cld.

So I guess BAD's will pay out when final taming stage is implemented, and CPD's will pay when the app is ready but no idea when that is :scratch2:

If you saw my post there, I rather believe that CPD and BAD are different things, though the available info is too little to be really sure.

CPD's will pay when the app is ready but no idea when that is :scratch2:

Q1 2015, they said, so realistically is probably at least a year from now :)

Well, they got a new Boss.

Let's see if they have better communication and clear up such stuff to us.

After all I don't see these as secrets, just a damn big unclear communication coming from them.

As Svarog has nicely compared:

BAD/Battle Arena:
Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
A web-based Battle Arena game is planned for early 2015. The game will be developed as a cross-platform solution available on the web and for mobile devices, and will have direct ties to the Entropia Universe taming! system.

CPD/ComPet:
[*]The ComPet App content and art style will be separate from that of Entropia Universe.
[*]The economies of Entropia Universe and the ComPet App will be entirely separate.

So unless they are just making things up as they go along, and without retracting outdated plans, they are offering two products for the price of.... erm two! :laugh:

And my money would be on................... hmmmmm.................. neither! (right now). Given the delays that have happened time and time again anyway, why should we crowd fund now on the basis of such poor announcements.

The pets that come to mind right now from this ridiculously bad communication by MA are smurfs and muppets.

Edit in text and here: actually the description for BADs doesn't mention playing via the EU platform either (unless 'web' access is the intergrated bit put into EU some time ago in theory...). The only thing stopping these two descriptions being the same is the links to EU (direct ties to taming). Oh why am I bothering to think about this????

Last edited:
Conspiracy theory explanation

2 things that have changed in the last announcement
- u can place bets (and win real money).
- EU and ComPet app are not related in any way.

Maybe they're not sure what'll be the legal implications? :scratch2:

- "Citizen ComPet u are under arrest for illegal gambling activities. You have the right to remain silent. Anything u say... By the way, that guy Entropia Universe over there? Is he with you?"
- "No no, sir! Never seen him!!!"

ok so far, compets allows:

1 - Children to place bets
2 - On animals pit fighting

Lets see if they can add to this list :laugh:

BAD/Battle Arena:
A web-based Battle Arena game is planned for early 2015. The game will be developed as a cross-platform solution available on the web and for mobile devices, and will have direct ties to the Entropia Universe taming! system.

CPD/ComPet:
[*]The ComPet App content and art style will be separate from that of Entropia Universe.
[*]The economies of Entropia Universe and the ComPet App will be entirely separate.
The pets that come to mind right now from this ridiculously bad communication by MA are smurfs and muppets.

well this "App" is probably just a few vague notes in email chains or paper notes from meetings so far, they want the millions usd before they iron out the details

And as far as muppets go.. well We are the muppets for investing in it i guess lol

So unless they are just making things up as they go along, and without retracting outdated plans

They are just making up things as they go along, and they never retract outdated plans and promises. Why is there even any doubt about it? Because they released stable deeds that initially promised to be tied to bad?

Wasn't BAD's just another description for compet deeds created by our com before mindark named them officially ?

in app booze? yes but wait... what about... WEED??? I mean in EU not this seperate pet app..
It can have different strains with different status effects :D

2 things that have changed in the last announcement
- EU and ComPet app are not related in any way.

Maybe they're not sure what'll be the legal implications? :scratch2:

- "Citizen ComPet u are under arrest for illegal gambling activities. You have the right to remain silent. Anything u say... By the way, that guy Entropia Universe over there? Is he with you?"
- "No no, sir! Never seen him!!!"

wah.... which announcment was this.:scratch2::confused:

communication has gone to absolute garbage. im seeing THREE different items announced: Stables, Battle arena deeds and Compet app thingy deeds. information is spread across Mindark's site (Stables), Entropia Universe's portal (ComPet) and some additional info on the support pages for entropia universe (nice one, public will see that). couldnt actually see anything about Battle arena in a 10 min search. plot has been lost.

ComPet deeds and BAD both are same thing with different names? When can we expect the revenue to start coming from them?

Welcome to EU. Yes, when MA states that something should be out in a year or two, you really need to tack on like a year or more. So MA stated that these projects should be ready to go by the end of 2015..so in RL terms they may start on the project in 2016....

We are still waiting for taming..2009 project
Still waiting for the CLD project 2011.

Still waiting for MA to say anything official about the project anyway..it's really all a unknown right now. All that we do know is we can buy the new Deeds which if you look at them have NO information about what they are or be used for.

So unless they are just making things up as they go along, and without retracting outdated plans...

So its 50/50 then ;)

well this "App" is probably just a few vague notes in email chains or paper notes from meetings so far, they want the millions usd before they iron out the details

And as far as muppets go.. well We are the muppets for investing in it i guess lol

Well if anyone managed to get Miss Piggy then they'll win all the time

Back