FYI: Dealing With Kill Stealers during Migration...

Status
Make all mobs shared loot, problem solved.

No, thats not problem solved. If I wanted to hunt in shared loot then I would hunt in shared loot.

The fact of the matter is here what defines kill stealing???

Hardwrath had a bunch mobs on him some guy took one he whined in local I lectured him telling him not to be greedy...

Soon he was in my inside radar and again had 4 mobs on him as I killed mine and looted it, turning seeing him with multiple mobs and only atking ONE!!! I proceeded to tag and kill one to which HE turned and started shooting with his big DPS and HE in turn KS'd ME!!! I moved to my next mob and AGAIN HE started shooting this although this time I WON the kill!

He then started crying about how I was kill stealing mobs from him as he had speant money letting them chew his armour etc.... End of the day he had 4 mobs on him full health and 1 he was atking I took a full HP mob from him and in turn IMO and many others I was NOT KSing!!

He then proceeds to PM my soc mates and tell lies about how i was siding with a known scammer (no clue who the guy was or what the scam was or even what i sided with him about) etc and used unsavoury words towards him and now is posting in PCF and probably other forums about me and this issue!

My stance is DONT BE GREEDY with the mobs plenty to go round but if your close to me and you have multiple mobs full HP and those happen to be the closest to me i'm taking one wether you like it or not!

This stance IS IMO NOT KILL STEALING!

EDIT: He also told me in white chat "if you dont stop i'll follow you around and KS every mob till you log off" now who is condoning KSing?

Wow geez!

Is there any way you could screenie chat logs for me?

Hardwrath had a bunch mobs on him some guy took one he whined in local I lectured him telling him not to be greedy...

Soon he was in my inside radar and again had 4 mobs on him as I killed mine and looted it, turning seeing him with multiple mobs and only atking ONE!!! I proceeded to tag and kill one to which HE turned and started shooting with his big DPS and HE in turn KS'd ME!!! I moved to my next mob and AGAIN HE started shooting this although this time I WON the kill!

He then started crying about how I was kill stealing mobs from him as he had speant money letting them chew his armour etc.... End of the day he had 4 mobs on him full health and 1 he was atking I took a full HP mob from him and in turn IMO and many others I was NOT KSing!!

He then proceeds to PM my soc mates and tell lies about how i was siding with a known scammer (no clue who the guy was or what the scam was or even what i sided with him about) etc and used unsavoury words towards him and now is posting in PCF and probably other forums about me and this issue!

My stance is DONT BE GREEDY with the mobs plenty to go round but if your close to me and you have multiple mobs full HP and those happen to be the closest to me i'm taking one wether you like it or not!

EDIT: He also told me in white chat "if you dont stop i'll follow you around and KS every mob till you log off" now who is condoning KSing?

Lol sounds about right!!

2014-07-08 23:30:42 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] stop taking mobs that others already have peds in.
2014-07-08 23:30:45 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] me takign 1 from you when you have three?
2014-07-08 23:30:46 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] DO NOT KILL STEAL
2014-07-08 23:30:50 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] dont pull mobs off of people
2014-07-08 23:30:55 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] it was a no looter
2014-07-08 23:30:59 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] no peds in it
2014-07-08 23:31:00 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] for you it was
2014-07-08 23:31:21 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] if you do it again, im going to folllow you and KS every mob from you until you log off
2014-07-08 23:31:37 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] lol i'll just put more enhancers on this
2014-07-08 23:32:15 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] dont like my hunting style dont come near me when i hunt
2014-07-08 23:32:33 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] you are the one coming near me
2014-07-08 23:32:49 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] there are plenty of mobs here
2014-07-08 23:32:52 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] ok this will never end with us agree

2014-07-08 23:42:25 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] really getting tired of people kill stealing out here
2014-07-08 23:42:27 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] i shouldnt have to hunt these with my top DPS
2014-07-08 23:42:31 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] go away then
2014-07-08 23:43:07 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] our style is normal yours is causing the problems Hard
2014-07-08 23:43:07 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] Saoirse, do the rest of the people in your soc know how you behave?
2014-07-08 23:43:16 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] i'm the General noob.
2014-07-08 23:43:20 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] its my soc

This is about the time he then decided to go msg my entire soc and say things about me that were untrue ;)

Your version of things is a bit different then reality

Im out there hunting Melee and MindForce and usually ill tag 2 or 3, plus add any ninja spawns and then thats 4-5 on me at some times. When I tag im doing 100-200 dmg. Also because im primarily using melee, the others around me end up taking damage ALONG with the one that im trying to kill. Because LT have such long necks and their hit box goes all the way up to their head, as im attacking the one in front of me, and the others attack me, their hit box crosses my path. This results in me doing damage to ALL of them around me... never mind the fact that I tagged them in the first place.

More importantly, you continuously bypassed mobs that were close to you in order to shoot the ones that were on me with damage already done to them. There is no reason for you to walk past other mobs to shoot the ones that are on me, especially when its very clear that I dont want you to.

To make matters worse, you called in your soc m8s and had one of them stand next to me and shoot anything that I tried to tag.

Additionally...

If i want to have 3-4 mobs on me at any given point while there are PLENTY of LongTooth there for everyone then thats my business and there is nothing wrong with it. Its not your place to sit there and tell people they can only have one mob on them at a time. Who the fuck do you think you are? You are an idiot if you think its about greed because hunting in that way only costs me more armor decay than if i were to hunt one at a time. In addition to skilling melee and mindforce, I'm also trying to skill Evade as well as tier my armor. As a result, im happy to pay the armor decay.

Just hunt and play the damn game. Don't sit there and fuck with people costing them additional money.

2014-07-08 23:30:42 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] stop taking mobs that others already have peds in.
2014-07-08 23:30:45 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] me takign 1 from you when you have three?
2014-07-08 23:30:46 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] DO NOT KILL STEAL
2014-07-08 23:30:50 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] dont pull mobs off of people
2014-07-08 23:30:55 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] it was a no looter
2014-07-08 23:30:59 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] no peds in it
2014-07-08 23:31:00 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] for you it was
2014-07-08 23:31:21 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] if you do it again, im going to folllow you and KS every mob from you until you log off
2014-07-08 23:31:37 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] lol i'll just put more enhancers on this
2014-07-08 23:32:15 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] dont like my hunting style dont come near me when i hunt
2014-07-08 23:32:33 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] you are the one coming near me
2014-07-08 23:32:49 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] there are plenty of mobs here
2014-07-08 23:32:52 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] ok this will never end with us agree

2014-07-08 23:42:25 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] really getting tired of people kill stealing out here
2014-07-08 23:42:27 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] i shouldnt have to hunt these with my top DPS
2014-07-08 23:42:31 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] go away then
2014-07-08 23:43:07 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] our style is normal yours is causing the problems Hard
2014-07-08 23:43:07 [Local] [Max HardWrath Mayhem] Saoirse, do the rest of the people in your soc know how you behave?
2014-07-08 23:43:16 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] i'm the General noob.
2014-07-08 23:43:20 [Local] [Ericarrie Saoirse Saoirse] its my soc

This is about the time he then decided to go msg my entire soc and say things about me that were untrue ;)
:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

ok i made that chat log up, thig is i was talking with my soc mates on Ts telling them exactly what was going on as it happened.

Oh, then on top of all of that, another one of your society members, SpAssy decided to mob train other members of my society that were out there hunting solo on the opposite side of the map. She logged off after that because she was so pissed.

Is this what kind of society you run? Is that what Sanctuary does? Harass and Kill Steal?

And you bet your ass I messaged every person in your soc that I could find in the player register.

Most societies boot members for what you guys were doing.

ok i made that chat log up, thig is i was talking with my soc mates on Ts telling them exactly what was going on as it happened.

Really? You went and faked that whole thing?

So I take it none of this ever really happened (Hardwrath didn't say this stuff)?

I'm confused if this is sarcasm or what is going on x.x.

Hardwrath isn't the type of guy to say that stuff so... I was surprised at your accusations.

Am I the only one utterly confused about what exactly was said?

Edit: Hardwrath. He pulled one mob off you apparently that you had barely attacked. Why is this such a big deal? You lost maybe a few pec? Geez I sure feel bad, I mean it's not like you make thousands of ped trading people's items. Sorry, just don't understand why such a little personal issue is something to take to the forums about...

Last edited:
Edit: Hardwrath. He pulled one mob off you apparently that you had barely attacked. Why is this such a big deal? You lost maybe a few pec? Geez I sure feel bad, I mean it's not like you make thousands of ped trading people's items. Sorry, just don't understand why such a little personal issue is something to take to the forums about...

No thats not what I did.

What I did was reclaim a partially damaged mob that he had pulled off of me. Several were on me, all of which had some ped invested in. Other mobs were around the whole area that no one was shooting. Saoirse comes along and starts shooting partially damaged mobs that were on me, I then switched weapons and shot at the one he picked off of me. This continued over several mobs, some of which I lost.

Alright I am out of this thread, but a few things before I go.

First: I don't doubt some of the things that were said.

Second: I feel this was a stupid thread to create drama and fuel a personal dispute.

Third: I think we know who is in the wrong...

No thats not what I did.

What I did was reclaim a partially damaged mob that he had pulled off of me. Several were on me, all of which had some ped invested in. Other mobs were around the whole area that no one was shooting. Saoirse comes along and starts shooting partially damaged mobs that were on me, I then switched weapons and shot at the one he picked off of me. This continued over several mobs, some of which I lost.

Well then why did you keep fighting him back and trying to ks from him when you could've just tped away?

I think in a situation like this, Migration, 'kill stealing' isn't so black and white. Migration and other such non instanced events don't have a huge spawn with plenty to go around. Much of the time, there are more people than mobs around. While I do not believe in brazenly taking a mob off another player where that player is obviously killing the mob, I also believe that others should not attempt to be greedy and hoarde the mobs around them.

In an area where population is dense and spawns are sparse which is worse, taking a mob off another player which said player isn't killing or trying to tag/hoarde as many mobs as you can and yelling kill stealer when someone takes one of those mobs away from you.

If you aren't shooting it and there isn't enough to go around then don't be greedy and don't have a tantrum when someone pulls you up on it and eases your decay bill.

It is black and white. Dont be naive and dont make excuses for your soc leader.. its pathetic.

Never in the history of EU have the LongTooth spawns been this good. They are better than last year and even last year they were more than sufficient so as to make sure that everyone had enough mobs.

This is what the spawn looks like:

radar.jpg

As you can see its quite large... unlike previous years, they dont spawn all at once, they respawn as they get killed. Its the spawn of small LongTooth near Minopolis. All of the way points in the below map mark the edges of the whole spawn.

lt_spawn.jpg

And this is just one of the spawns. There are at least 5 or 6 wave spawners for shared loot plus at least another two non shared LongTooth spawns in different locations.

There are more than enough LT for everyone.

No one needs to be Kill Stealing.... trying to disguise it as picking mobs off of people because the spawn is too thin just isnt going to work.

Last edited:
Well then why did you keep fighting him back and trying to ks from him when you could've just tped away?

Well, actually I did move, more than once... but he kept shooting the mobs that I was trying to kill.

Well then Hardwrath you did absolutely nothing wrong and they just decided to ks?

While what they did was no doubt wrong, you must have done something to irritate them. People don't just do this for no reason. Plus it's not like he came up and outdpsed you to steal the kill. He pulled a mob with high health off you and you went and shot at it.

Of course though, don't feel like I am taking blame off of the ksers. What they did was childish and disreputable.

I still don't really get what happened though. Atm it's just a he said she said argument. :p

Plus what happened to this not being about personal disputes lol.

Plus what happened to this not being about personal disputes lol.

I left it alone until Saoirse came and revealed himself to everyone.

Just hunt and play the damn game. Don't sit there and fuck with people costing them additional money.

Costing you additional money?

I saved you decay by taking a mob off you, ned repping and swearing at me on forum, spreading lies to my soc mates and your neg rep says you used to have more respect for me?

I used to have more respect for you till I found you to be a liar!

You left it alone?

Who posted this thread????

and I think you'll find I defended someone who done it to you previously and I took 1 mob from you and can assure you it was FULL hp!

You lies just go on and on Hardwrath and my opinion of you goes lower and lower, your radar shots are nice but that was not the spawn the night I took the mob your had several full HP and inside my radar, I hunt at the same tree ask anyone in my soc I call it my money tree. So for you to be inside my inner radar then you MUST have came closer to me not other way round.

In final I took 1 mob whether you believe or not I dont care but it was 1 mob and yes it was full HP and as previously said I don't call this KSing KSing is when you continue to shoot a mob with the intentions of stealing the kill and loot like you did when I tagged it, and when i tagged my next mob and what you then as posted in my chat log threatened to continue to do till I logged off.

Costing you additional money?

I saved you decay by taking a mob off you, ned repping and swearing at me on forum, spreading lies to my soc mates and your neg rep says you used to have more respect for me?

I used to have more respect for you till I found you to be a liar!

You didnt save me any money, in fact you cost me money, you took mobs that I had already damaged, your soc m8s came in and KSed and also ran mob trains... and you have tried to twist the truth on this since the start.

Dont kill steal people, its an exploit, plain and simple.

/mod note/

I left it alone until Saoirse came and revealed himself to everyone.

Not entirely true.

Within minutes of your allegations against an individual being removed here, you went and posted them again in full on another forum:

I guess he will need to post this over at EP or somewhere else where people can actually read about events and (in other events) scammers to save themselves hundreds of thousands of ped.

Done. :)

Seeing as you've gone to some trouble to make allegations about him, Saorise has the right to present his side.

And there's always (at least) two sides. Nothing is ever 'black and white', there are always shades of grey with things seen by different people from different perspectives, and bringing their own interpretations and inferences into play.

However - as due to your own actions - you've made this thread about a personal issue with Saorise and his soc, rather than a more useful discussion of the overall issue of 'killstealing during events', this thread is done.

As we can see from this thread, there's a reason for the forum rule:
2.3 - Personal Disputes
Personal issues between individuals or societies should NOT be debated in the public forum areas and are not permitted. Such threads will be removed without notice, since they often promote an escalation of rudeness, insults, and flaming.

:locked:

Status
Back