Games outside Entropia

qamori

Stalker
Q Perv A
I read somewhere that we cannot post or talk about other games in this forum.
I once mentioned that I had tried that other RCE that was being developed and I got banned immediately for 15 days.
But now I cannot see that rule anywhere, and I see a bunch of threads (even official ones) about a new game and app that as nothing to do with Entropia!

So my question is, can we talk about other games now? Is that rule gone?

The rule has been since around when SEE first bought Calypso that you are allowed to talk about other games if the talk has some connection or relevance to Entropia (or Calypso).

It is not allowed to advertise or recruit for another game, though, so maybe the mods interpreted your post as doing that?

The rule has been since around when SEE first bought Calypso that you are allowed to talk about other games if the talk has some connection or relevance to Entropia (or Calypso).

It is not allowed to advertise or recruit for another game, though, so maybe the mods interpreted your post as doing that?

I'm assuming it's okay to talk about games not connected with entropia in the off-topic forum as long as I am not advertising/promoting the game to steal players from Entropia?

Otherwise, there goes my DOTA2 forum thread :(

Yes that was it, I just saw the conversation I had with the mods after.
At the time there was a bunch of recruiters for that other game posting on PCF, and when i posted that it looked like the old entropia they thought I was in with them.

Thanks, I got it now!

ComPets should be okay since they are related to EU/Calypso via the deeds, no?

As far as I understood it has no connection to Entropia. It just uses EU as crowdfunding.

Support News from Client Loader:
07 Jul 2014 12:21 UTC

ComPet Deeds are now available on the Entropia Universe global auction via the PC client, and via the Virtual Tycoon Android app.

More information about the ComPet App:

The ComPet App will provide new business opportunities for MindArk, and will help to grow the Entropia Universe user base.
The ComPet App content and art style will be separate from that of Entropia Universe.
There are no plans at the moment to make ComPet pets available in Entropia Universe.
Development of the ComPet App will not negatively impact the development, nor the performance of Entropia Universe. In fact the servers will be entirely separate.
The economies of Entropia Universe and the ComPet App will be entirely separate.

As far as I understood it has no connection to Entropia. It just uses EU as crowdfunding.

Support News from Client Loader:

Yeah, and because of that (and the fact that it seems to be using the same IP?) it is connected to Entropia.

I read somewhere that we cannot post or talk about other games in this forum.
I once mentioned that I had tried that other RCE that was being developed and I got banned immediately for 15 days.
But now I cannot see that rule anywhere, and I see a bunch of threads (even official ones) about a new game and app that as nothing to do with Entropia!

So my question is, can we talk about other games now? Is that rule gone?

This is most pertinent forum rule:
3.7 – Advertising/Recruiting
Advertising or attempts of recruiting community members to other computer games, virtual worlds or MMORPGs other than Planet Calypso is NOT permitted. Any and all such, references, threads or posts, including, without limitation, those that appear in avatar pictures, member profiles or member signatures, may be deleted without notice and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum without notice.

This one is related, in that other computer games are 'unrelated to EU':
2.10 - Affiliate Links/Solicitation
Advertising real life items or services unrelated to Entropia Universe, the posting of affiliate or referral links, or any other form of solicitation is NOT permitted on PlanetCalypsoForum (this includes member profiles or any other publicly viewable area). If you would like to advertise on PlanetCalypsoForum, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to inquire. Similarly, promotion of or posting links to charities or other services soliciting donations or money is NOT permitted. Any such postings may be deleted without notice.

Just as there is an 'Other Planets' section, for threads about issues related to other EU planets, perhaps we need a new forum section for threads about other MA products, such as ComPets, within the 'Beyond Calypso' section.

I'll raise this with 711.

Last edited:
incredo-naive marketing to think that no-mention=no-knowledge but w/e

Anyone wanna pm me a FPS, space-opera-theme, MMO? Until someone produces Mass Effect MMO (on my internal gfx laptop) I'm kinda stuck with "EU" (PE).

Should have joined NASA...

Am I being weird but I pretty much agree that we shouldn't be able to discuss other (non ma) games on pcf at all? I mean it doesnt take much to go from innocently mentioning another rival game to indirectly influencing people to play it which would make it advertising. Obviously the info is on the web if people want to look but I don't think we should be doing that here as well...

Am I being weird but I pretty much agree that we shouldn't be able to discuss other (non ma) games on pcf at all? I mean it doesnt take much to go from innocently mentioning another rival game to indirectly influencing people to play it which would make it advertising. Obviously the info is on the web if people want to look but I don't think we should be doing that here as well...

Well, in a lot of cases it does make sense to mention games (or at least part of games)... Like suggesting "Hey, this game has this function I really like and it works like this, can't we have it in Entropia?"

So having a complete ban could actually do more harm than good, I guess? :)

Well, in a lot of cases it does make sense to mention games (or at least part of games)... Like suggesting "Hey, this game has this function I really like and it works like this, can't we have it in Entropia?"

So having a complete ban could actually do more harm than good, I guess? :)

oh yeah I do agree with that, I have slyly mentioned sk***m (oops did again) when asking for feature in dev secion :)

I personally think this rule is stupid. I know this is a forum dedicated solely to planet calypso but I believe you should be able to talk about other games in the off topic section. This pseudo censorship from other games here is silly because if people were looking to try something new outside of Entropia, they will do it regardless of they read a thread about it here or not. The only thing that I can agree upon is to not allow direct advertising or recruitment to a rival game, but simply to talk about other games outside Entropia should be allowed.

To be honest i think this rule is stupid, or well... not necessarily the rule itself but the way its interpreted by the powers that be. The dude that wrote 3.7 clearly did not mean it to be used to stop people from speaking or include other games in conversation, if that was the pourpose then it should say so in plain language not in a backhanded lawyer-style open for interpretation kind of way, nevertheless thats how its being used :).
Its a forum, the rule section should actually accurately reflect in clear language what you mean by each section, its not a end user contract that needs a wide range of interpretation as to cover your ass legally. But hey its only 2014, this brand new thing called "internet forum" still need to figure stuff out i guess :D.

I can understand right out advetisments or in a negative light comparing EU to another game would mean that the post gets deleted/edited, but to have a blanket rule that any thread based on another game should directly be removed from view is just stupid.

Bye bye DOTA thread was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:
mentioned lately few other games ( by exact name ) as comparison to what MA is doing and how those other games devs solving similar problems and i am still here ;)...so it's alowed

Back