Question: How would you Define Kill Stealing?

How would you define Kill Stealing?

• 2 players fight each other for the same mob ?

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • You tag a mob and some one takes it while running to you?

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • You take 2 mobs leavin 1 on you while you kill the other. Some one takes it?

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 18 26.9%

• Total voters

Alan Mo

Old Alpha
Society
Sanctuary
Mr Mo Scotland
Due to the confusion of what Kill Stealing actually is, I would like to see if we could clarify by the forums community.

Any other scenario's would help in this discussion.

you shoot first on mob

someone else shoots more

killsteal

And if a stealt spawn mob starts to hit you its yours.

> 2 players fight each other for the same mob ?

If it was obvious who fired first then yes it is kill stealing. However there are cases where it can be too close to tell, or the retarded mob AI can take off after someone other than the initial tagger.

>You tag a mob and some one takes it while running to you?

Kill stealing full out.

>You take 2 mobs leaving 1 on you while you kill the other. Some one takes it?

Kill stealing in most cases. However there are exceptions for me if this is being done with rare/boss spawns.

Since we all know this is based the migration mob things, there is no reason to shoot a mob on/near someone else. There are more than enough spawns to not need to get into a situation that could ever be confused with kill stealing.

I define "kill stealing",
when someone hit a mob (wounded already or not doesn't count), who has aggro on another participant.
Without he's permission and if that is not a "shared loot" ofcourse.

When you are killing a mob and someone with higher dps takes it and gets the loot.

Regardless of tagging or close up melee or any other weapon, once someone has done any damage to the mob, anyone else trying to outdamage the first hunter is kill stealing.

If I have several mobs on me and don't ask for help, taking any of them is stealing. If I die, taking the undamaged ones of them is not stealing.

If a mob did eat me for a while but agroed someone else before I damaged it, I won't pursue it, even if I finished with others.

Last edited:
If a guy is actively shooting a mob then I won't take it, that's stealing.

If a guy tags the only 5 mobs on radar so nobody else can have them then screw him, i'm taking one even if it's been slightly damaged. I don't normally take mobs off someone if they have multiple on them, but some guys are dicks.

As with many things, this just boils down to the golden rule.

If a guy tags the only 5 mobs on radar so nobody else can have them then screw him,

agree with that, you can't just decide oh I'm having those 4 mobs.
But sometimes it's just a mistake like you may tag a mob and someoen doesnt realise and starts shooting it, but yeah if you have done like over 15% dmg then it shuold be obvious and that pisses me off

I think the sneakiest way is when you die and leave a mob with like 30% health and they wait for it to regen to 50% then kill it. they can fuck off, I even just let an trox attack me while someone got dc'd and wait for him to log back in to kill it lol :laugh: maybe that was too nice

When you are killing a mob and someone with higher dps takes it and gets the loot.
Everything else is debatable.
Sometimes you shoot the mob but it runs to another player simply because he was closer. That's how mob AI works, these "judgement errors" are programmed into it.
If u don't know this, u might get a totally wrong impression and start a world war... over nothing.

If a guy tags the only 5 mobs on radar so nobody else can have them then screw him, i'm taking one even if it's been slightly damaged. I don't normally take mobs off someone if they have multiple on them, but some guys are dicks.

I'm going to agree with this one. As I said in the other, now locked, thread last night. Kill stealing is not a simple black and white issue, it is situational.

In the past I have had a nice little group of mobs on me that I have tagged and let them munch away whilst I take them down one by one but those were not migration/event mobs. If someone takes one of my tagged group and it is obvious that there are more mobs than people my response would be a polite one, asking them to stop. If they then did not stop I would move. If they followed then I would either log off or call in my soc mates.

If, however, at the time of the hunt there were more people than mobs I would change my hunting style to fit the situation and go back to just tagging one mob at a time and killing said mob before tagging another.

easy for me, i dont touch a mob that has no full HP.

If there's a mob train incoming then I've probably been kill stolen.....:wise:

its the other day i got kill the guy that was far a way look ow look white dot he died tag the mob and kill it

was that a pickle

all he did he killl mob and tag the mob poeple died on

Back in my noobier days, if I was out mining or hunting and came across someone surrounded by mobs, I assumed that that player was in distress, fighting for his/her life. Being a nice guy, wanting to help out, I'd fire off a couple rounds to draw one or two mobs to give the guy some breathing room and then I'd run like hell. (That was back in the days when you could actually outrun even the baddest of mobs if you had enough strength/stamina/whatever.) I'd never even heard of kill stealing. I think players were a little more considerate of others back then. Today, while you can never be sure of the other's intentions, the "mood" of the game has changed, and not for the better. Its not unreasonable, in my mind, to assume that it probably is an attempt to kill steal, especially when it comes to the "money" mobs.

easy for me, i dont touch a mob that has no full HP.

lol This person is from same soc as person who has sparked this whole KS thread thing :)

Full HP fair game, same as what I say!

Munching you or not closest full HP mob to me will be the mob I shoot for next! Don't like my style dont hunt near me or dont be greedy with the mobs!

I will NOT attempt to KS any other players (if mob has dmg) unless provoked by this person and then that will be my way of P'ing them off!

Regards
Paul

If you see me out hunting and there are two big mobs on me, feel free to take the one I'm not shooting. If I'm surrounded by small mobs on the other hand, I probably want them there. Of course, size is relative.

I saw Star revive at nymphtown the other day with an auto loot pill icon. I've changed my definition of "uber" to: someone who uses an auto loot pill when hunting eomon stalkers. :laugh:

lol This person is from same soc as person who has sparked this whole KS thread thing :)

Munching you or not closest full HP mob to me will be the mob I shoot for next! Don't like my style dont hunt near me or dont be greedy with the mobs!

I will NOT attempt to KS any other players (if mob has dmg) unless provoked by this person and then that will be my way of P'ing them off!

Regards
Paul

i wont hunt beside u anyhow, so this is not an issue :)

Regards
Paul

so your ok with taking their armor decay into your loot pool algorithms, seems like kill stealing to me.

I dont know if its considered kill steal, but if I have 2 mobs on my giving me decay, I will not be happy if someone comes and shoots it!

Sometimes when my mob is at like 60% life I tag another so I dont have to stop shooting, during that time I am getting decay from it, plus I shot it already!

So if there are more mobs around besides the ones chewing on my armor... shot them!

All the above

Munching you or not closest full HP mob to me will be the mob I shoot for next!

It will only happen once if there are more mobs around!
If it happens twice, it will be the last mob you loot!

Last edited:
I dont know if its considered kill steal, but if I have 2 mobs on my giving me decay, I will not be happy if someone comes and shoots it!

Sometimes when my mob is at like 60% life I tag another so I dont have to stop shooting, during that time I am getting decay from it, plus I shot it already!

So if there are more mobs around besides the ones chewing on my armor... shot them!

All the above

It will only happen once if there are more mobs around!
If it happens twice, it will be the last mob you loot!

I know there is always someone bigger in EU with a bigger gun and I accept that! You should too, I might not be the one doing the DPS but know i do know people who will kindly back me up! In this case the guy had 4 on him and any other time they had multiple it was 3+ so if you have 2 i'm sure i'd let you be, but if you have 3-4 etc and as I said they are the closest to me I will take one! :wise:

Unless they specifically ask me to take a few mobs off of them, then I leave them alone. I will go to another location to find my mobs. :beerchug:

I know there is always someone bigger in EU with a bigger gun and I accept that! You should too, I might not be the one doing the DPS but know i do know people who will kindly back me up!

So you are saying that although there are other mobs around, you would call your friends just to steal a mob from someone because its the closest to you? That seems like harassment to me!
During events there are always more mobs than hunters, I hate to see the guy next to me with 5 if there are no more close enough, but in that case I will not call my friends, ( that everyone has) I will either tag mobs before him or move away.

On a side note, I like hunting alone and always try to be as far as possible from others, but sometimes its just not possible has people tp into the area and stay around.
I always try to avoid these situations and never shoot mobs that are decaying someone, sometimes I even ask if they want me to pull 1 away from them. (it could be a Ninja spawn)

I agree with Slither and a lot of other posts in this thread. Now I also want to say that like a lot of people, I'll take numerous mobs at once and in thin spawn situations I fully expect one or two to be taken away from me by another hunter, but again, that's with a thin spawn.

With Migration as it is now, specifically the Young to Old Longtooth spawn at Minopolis where the bulk of KSing problems are happening, the spawn is extremely thick and the respawn rate is fast. Literally there is enough mobs spawned relative to green dots for each person to have 3-5 Longtooth on them 95% of the time.

A kill steal is any situation where a hunter purposefully takes a partially damaged mob from another hunter. A mob that's "basically full health" is not the same as one that is "full health"

I agree with Slither and a lot of other posts in this thread. Now I also want to say that like a lot of people, I'll take numerous mobs at once and in thin spawn situations I fully expect one or two to be taken away from me by another hunter, but again, that's with a thin spawn.

With Migration as it is now, specifically the Young to Old Longtooth spawn at Minopolis where the bulk of KSing problems are happening, the spawn is extremely thick and the respawn rate is fast. Literally there is enough mobs spawned relative to green dots for each person to have 3-5 Longtooth on them 95% of the time.

A kill steal is any situation where a hunter purposefully takes a partially damaged mob from another hunter. A mob that's "basically full health" is not the same as one that is "full health"

so your saying there was enough mobs there for someone to mob train someone who was shooting a partially dead mob? ;)

Odd poll since no option relates to stealing kills.

Simply put a kill steal would be if you put shoots into the mob and someone else came in and shot finishing the mob with 51% of the kill.

Odd poll since no option relates to stealing kills.

Simply put a kill steal would be if you put shoots into the mob and someone else came in and shot finishing the mob with 51% of the kill.

what if you have been sweating the mob for 10 minutes, and plan to kill it when its dry...no ammo spent yet, plenty of time and possibly decay spent though...

leave the mob alone if someone else is interacting with it imo

what if you have been sweating the mob for 10 minutes, and plan to kill it when its dry...no ammo spent yet, plenty of time and possibly decay spent though...

leave the mob alone if someone else is interacting with it imo

Ok, yes very true...

Back