Question: How would you Define Kill Stealing?

How would you define Kill Stealing?

• 2 players fight each other for the same mob ?

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • You tag a mob and some one takes it while running to you?

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • You take 2 mobs leavin 1 on you while you kill the other. Some one takes it?

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 18 26.9%

• Total voters
Ok, yes very true...

maybe, but often on aggressive running mobs i shoot some non-damaged mobs when they are gang up on another avatar who is getting hurt bad, and i hope other people do the same for me.

Not everything is black and white.

Sanctuary is whining about people thinking they are kill stealing? Well, change what you do then, and you will find less reasons to whine.

biased pool...there is no other/noone above option. There is no my definition of KS there.

Just bring the biggest gun and you don't have to worry about it :cool:

if ive got a few mobs on me and the spawn is thin i dont mind ppl tagging ones that im not shooting
its nice when ppl ask "hey can i grab one of them"

its the exception not the rule

This thread and odd poll is more about saving face and damage control than getting opinions from the community regarding something that is clear cut and common sense. We all know when you damage a mob that money is spent to engage. Taking that from someone is kill stealing and theft. Sometimes it is accidental, doing it repeatedly and then subsequently getting your soc to team up on said individual as a response to pointing out that you are kill stealing is deplorable and reflects negatively on the leadership and makeup of said society.

When you're AEing small mobs with a launcher, flamethrower, etc. and someone comes from across the radar (ignoring all the other red dots) and shoots all the ones you've collected because you're 'hogging the mobs' when there is clearly a saturated spawn of plenty of red dots still on the radar.

Or someone sees a swarm on you, and tries to 'save you' from the non-aggressive mobs by KSing the whole swarm while you're still collecting mobs because they think you can't handle the mobs you purposely collected to blast with your launcher :rolleyes:

leave the mob alone if someone else is interacting with it imo

I agree 100%

The best policy is to just leave it alone. Accidents happen, things aren't always black and white, but if you just focus on hunting and killing your own mobs, you will avoid a lot of drama.

This thread and odd poll is more about saving face and damage control than getting opinions from the community regarding something that is clear cut and common sense.

+rep.... 'Nuff said

Just bring the biggest gun and you don't have to worry about it :cool:

Sure that can always be done, but what about who people make a point to hunt a smaller maturity for the purpose of skilling up lower level professions such as melee and MindForce? I shouldn't have to switch to a 80-90 DPS weapon because other people refuse to behave. If I made a point to be out there with a 40-50 DPS weapon then I should be able skill with it and not continuously be fucked with.

It's amazing though because when I'm out there with a high DPS weapon and nice armor, no one bothers to try and mess with me... But if I'm out there with low level armor like Viceroy and a 40 DPS MF chip then usually about once an hour someone attempts a kill steal.

Kinda like when I stand around in populated areas wearing OJs and looking like a noob. All of a sudden I become a target for scammers... But if I'm out there wearing something nice, for the most part I'm left alone.

It's amazing what some people will do when they think that they can get away with it.

They show their true colors.

It's amazing though because when I'm out there with a high DPS weapon and nice armor, no one bothers to try and mess with me... But if I'm out there with low level armor like Viceroy and a 40 DPS MF chip then usually about once an hour someone attempts a kill steal.

Kinda like when I stand around in populated areas wearing OJs and looking like a noob. All of a sudden I become a target for scammers... But if I'm out there wearing something nice, for the most part I'm left alone.

It's amazing what some people will do when they think that they can get away with it.

They show their true colors.

I've had a player that tried to kill steal me in Eomon mat-old spawn when I was using angel+10% speed buff and a tiered modmerc. He even tried it on 2-3 mobs before he realised that this was only good business for me that got help killing it so they do try anyways. This was a well known player with ATHs and he is in a known soc.. And it was not mistakes cause when I waited and didn't tag any mob he tagged one and I started shooting my own but then he just left the mob he tagged chewing on him and shot my mob instead.

Before I knew about the "P" feature and wrote "/pos" in local someone also KSed me when I was dead and it happend multiple times (stopped when I started using "P"). A socmate was close by and tipped me off on who did It so I just KSed him after so I'm no better myself but sometimes payback is priceless :)

I've had a player that tried to kill steal me in Eomon mat-old spawn when I was using angel+10% speed buff and a tiered modmerc. He even tried it on 2-3 mobs before he realised that this was only good business for me that got help killing it so they do try anyways. This was a well known player with ATHs and he is in a known soc.. And it was not mistakes cause when I waited and didn't tag any mob he tagged one and I started shooting my own but then he just left the mob he tagged chewing on him and shot my mob instead.

Before I knew about the "P" feature and wrote "/pos" in local someone also KSed me when I was dead and it happend multiple times (stopped when I started using "P"). A socmate was close by and tipped me off on who did It so I just KSed him after so I'm no better myself but sometimes payback is priceless :)
Join a well-known PvP soc, it's so much more fun! :D

Nobody knows my soc, nobody knows me. When i put on Shadow ppl move away from me and that's it. No fights, no drama, no KS-ing. Boooring! :silly2:

I heard the funniest phrase last night ....

"There is nothing worse than a polite kill stealer"

:laugh:

Killstealing in my opinion starts with the intend of aquiring loot with less effort or more economical then you could if fighting by the rules of fairplay.
Last night for example we had collected a nice amount of locusta during space hunt and were repairing up the ship before going to shoot them. Someone else flew by saw the mobs and killed them all right away.
Questioned on it his excuse was along the lines of 'Sorry i thought you had collected them just for repairskilling'.

I didnt kill his ship and gunner for two reasons:
- He did it the first time
- He turned away and excused for it

Should it happen ever again, i sure would explain how i feel about killstealing in a different way.

In short: Killstealing displays a lack of respect for your fellow gamers.

Sanctuary does not need to save face, Sanctuary does not care if you like us or not, read the definition of "Sanctuary" and ask Alice how much we care about saving face ;)

I would NEVER take a mob that was damaged/partial health but if its on you and FULL health and the closest mob to me when i'm done with my mob and you have multiple then yes i'll tag it (some people appreciate this as it saves them on decay)!

If you then turn and start shooting what was a full HP mob till i shot it that IMO is you kill stealing as by definition it is NOW a partially dmg'd mob, in that case if I cannot out dmg you then YES i will call my friends.

If you wanna send msg's to my soc mates telling them lies about what actually happened then that is you being a douche and could also be classed as harassment.

I agree the spawn is nice but on the time of this incident the spawn was not so dense and there was more hunters than mobs!

Sanctuary does not need to save face, Sanctuary does not care if you like us or not, read the definition of "Sanctuary" and ask Alice how much we care about saving face ;)

I would NEVER take a mob that was damaged/partial health but if its on you and FULL health and the closest mob to me when i'm done with my mob and you have multiple then yes i'll tag it (some people appreciate this as it saves them on decay)!

If you then turn and start shooting what was a full HP mob till i shot it that IMO is you kill stealing as by definition it is NOW a partially dmg'd mob, in that case if I cannot out dmg you then YES i will call my friends.

If you wanna send msg's to my soc mates telling them lies about what actually happened then that is you being a douche and could also be classed as harassment.

I agree the spawn is nice but on the time of this incident the spawn was not so dense and there was more hunters than mobs!

I think PCF mods have been very clear in that they will not tolerate a personal dispute about who did what. If you want to discuss the specifics of any particular situation, there is another forum thats more than happy to accommodate that subject along with any other personal disputes.

I think PCF mods have been very clear in that they will not tolerate a personal dispute about who did what. If you want to discuss the specifics of any particular situation, there is another forum thats more than happy to accommodate that subject along with any other personal disputes.

Not discussing anything stating FACT's not saying anymore on it!

P.s. I never quoted you in previous post or mentioned your name just stated what i'll do in those circumstance's!

Kill Stealing Categories

I submit the following Classification:KillSteal or briCKS Rules

further modification and additions/delineations/specifications are welcome/forthcoming and community can vote and we can set in stone at least in principle here on PCF:

CKS IA
Blatant/Clear: Clearly damaged and aggro'd mob (mono a mono)actively being attacked by primary avatar and with clear PED investment is taken by higher DPS or skilled avatar for any reason; cost to primary avatar clear; no help requested

CKS IB
Highly suspicious: Killing a mob that has >50% HP remaining either witnessing an avatar death/revival or finding mob with damage and no active avatar nearby without allowing adequate time to consider mob 'abandoned' or 'lost'; this time should be defined by community I would recommend at least 2 minutes(it doesn't seem like much but 2 minutes is a long time to get back to mob and most times if you've been hunting next to someone you know if they are flying or TPing)

CKS II
Ungentlemanly - Aggroing off secondary/tertiary/etc. mobs actively attacking an avatar who is in active attack mode on said mob(s) and has NOT requested help or has not responded to or who has actively denied requests TO help; this does NOT include mobs simply around primary avatar; issue at hand is likely possibility that armor decay and/or FAP decay has been invested into those mobs and you are stealing that decay; opposite argument is you are saving that avatar further decay by drawing off so it's not clear there's a real 'damage' to primary avatar but would generally consider this not ideal action

CKS III
Accidental/Unclear: Allowing adequate time to declare mob 'abandoned' and after that time primary avatar returns to find you attacking or having killed his mob(he got stuck, ran out of ME, TP'd to wrong spot, DC'd or whatever) or after attacking a mob it aggros another avatar without his aggression towards it; these are generally acceptable occurrences and no hard feelings

the next step in gentlemanly behavior is what is appropriate restitution for breaches of each briCKS Classification to reinstate ones reputation?

im feeling verklempt...Discuss!

Brick

I heard the funniest phrase last night ....

"There is nothing worse than a polite kill stealer"

:laugh:

May be a polite rapist in prison :scratch2:

Jings criven help my boab...

Really?

Mkay... do forgive me if I was initially vague and allow me to elaborate.

Someone blatantly mob steals you in pvp, you get pissed, heck more than pissed! You enable your best pilot, get your top gunner on that flaming top gun, rally your fighter gunners, scramble your squardorn jet fleet ready for a show down.

Then Wham, they hit you with it, the the assault of all assaults... they are polite! DAMMIT!

They are unreservedly apologetic for the mistake, and assure you it wont happen again.

What can you do!!

Retaliation is futile, the reflection on you will be ten fold... dammit! ;)

"there is nothing worse than a polite kill stealer"

Now, how on earth that relates to a rapist, I will never know.

I actually ask you not to justify. The mere thought of such a horrific crime and its ever lasting consequences id rather not have to contemplate in the subject of a game, thank you kindly.

Last edited:
If you're being naughty, you know you being naughty.

If you're in any doubt - the amount of expletives coming your way may suggest you're a kill stealer.

Stop what you're doing and be nice from now on.

I think I knew what a kill stealer was from week 1 TBH, and I'm sure they did too. :yup:

If you're being naughty, you know you being naughty.

If you're in any doubt - the amount of expletives coming your way may suggest you're a kill stealer.

Stop what you're doing and be nice from now on.

I think I knew what a kill stealer was from week 1 TBH, and I'm sure they did too. :yup:
Winner winner, chicken dinner! :beerchug:

I think PCF mods have been very clear in that they will not tolerate a personal dispute about who did what..

I'm betting that you have dreams of becoming a PCF Mod. :laugh:

One of the problems with the Migration is that there are a lot of players who pretty much afk hunt only clicking the next target and auto-use tool keys. Never really paying attention to what they are doing.

If you are killing a mob and suddenly they start shooting it and it runs away they may not know that you were even shooting it. But if you win in killing with most damage they will probably claim you are kill stealing from them.:dunce:

Back