Melee Trauma Amplifiers

You forget many of the people who dont feel like forking out 15-20k for a handgun + amp combo. For those a 1500 ped songkra or even a tier 3 aakas + 2500 IV amp becomes quite attractive.

Yeah, and you know what, we just buy a reasonably priced amp and (L) weapons. Not a UL melee weapons.

Yeah, and you know what, we just buy a reasonably priced amp and (L) weapons. Not a UL melee weapons.

Will you use L when the e.l.m guns are burned out?

Well, that's a big benefit to melee because your can affordably break the (L) cycle. Grab a good blade wile they are still inexpensive, get an amp when you can, tier up your blade, sell for more.. Get something better, rinse and repeat. Every (L) user I've ever known dreams of owning a good unlimited SIB weapon...

Now is your chance.

Last edited:
Oh, I believe SIB range guns will come down further in price, they are too expensive in my opinion. Compared to last year, plenty of these SIB guns have lowered 20% in price - gazunga for example - and I expect that trend to continue. Too many items, not enough ped. Generally speaking, I think the majority of melee users are "cheap charlie's" not saying that in a rude way, they pick melee because its cheaper than range, and I think they are a player group which will patiently wait and purchase at the right price. Melee also has the drawback of not having many uber level UL weapons: 1 or 2 rainbow swords for example. With little to aim for at the uber level, I think most players with a big bankroll will go the range route and the melee market will be stagnant as it's always been.

True in my case. I have never owned a weapon that cost me more than 2k ped. I bought a baringer Sr-37 which cost me 800 ped at the time, and a gravis glr-33 for 500 ped. I did recently buy a trauma IV, which may be my most costly purchase for a weapon /amp ever. I do have a lot of cld and I own a shop on Monria.
Combined with my tier 3 shagadi I get 108.5 damage at 54 reload at 2.940 eco. I also bought a songkra dagger, because I feel it will go up in price soonish. I don't have the skills for it yet, but I use my firedagger now which is tier I. at tier I it will do 75 dmg at 63 reload, also at 2.940 eco.
If I tier the songkra to tier 3 and put the amp on that I will have 97 dmg at 65 reload.
Ofcourse the amp cost a lot of ped, but the weapons are all less then 800 ped, the songkra, which is the most powerful even cost me just 300 ped.
I never had this kind of damage, at least not UL sib. I thank Mindark on my knees for the melee amps. They have done a lot for the melee users, for example tt usage back to 3%, making lower tt swords a lot more attractive to use.

Will you use L when the e.l.m guns are burned out?

Yes. Most of my shooting during the past 12 months has been with regular L guns, with some CDF etc mixed in. I expect most of my shooting in next 12 months to be with regular L guns too. OTOH I expect most of my melee to be UL or E.L.M, with some L mixed in, mostly for extra dps over what I have from UL, that is extra fun.

Would I do the same for ranged as I do for melee? Possibly if I could, yes. But I use less melee.

Well, that's a big benefit to melee because your can affordably break the (L) cycle. Grab a good blade wile they are still inexpensive, get an amp when you can, tier up your blade, sell for more.. Get something better, rinse and repeat. Every (L) user I've ever known dreams of owning a good unlimited SIB weapon...

Now is your chance.

I already have the blades I need for next several years. Amps will wait until they are cheap enough.

I'm at the point where I go through L guns so quickly it's a real pain, because a lot of the hunting I do is on the "frontier" planets. The new UL amps are a lifesaver. I'm just maxing my already T3 aakas fire dagger but I have a pair of corrosive daggers waiting in storage for when I reach that level. There's no way I would pay 30k or more for a UL gun, so melee is the way to go for me.

I already have the blades I need for next several years. Amps will wait until they are cheap enough.

Then enjoy the next years of beeing less efficient without amp :)

You really think an item that outcompetes a 15-20k handgun combo to become tt food?

They are cheap atm, ppl just dont realise it yet :)

You really think an item that outcompetes a 15-20k handgun combo to become tt food?

Let's wait and see after the other PP's have brought forth new UL melee amps. Only one PP has introduced 3 new melee amps so far and the IV is already at 2.5k.

I predict that once all the other PP's has launched their UL melee amplifiers the price will stabilize around dante price range for the IV and around 3k peds for the VI.

This is taking into account that they don't add them in regular mobs as rare loot in the future or continue to drop them in future events.

I also got a feeling that there'll be a quite a significant drop in value on ul sib guns specifically those around 15k-20k ped range cuz why buy a 15k-20k gun if u can get a melee weapon with same or more dps for 15% the price. Only reason for me is range, but handguns will prolly have the biggest drop in value.

It's a good time to go melee now ;)

I predict that once all the other PP's has launched their UL melee amplifiers the price will stabilize around dante price range for the IV and around 3k peds for the VI.

No Planet specific melee amps, or as exceptions most. Kim said that platform development stepped in and made these be common items, not each planet having their own set of 1 - 6

It's a good time to go melee now ;)

No, it was good time to be in melee 6+ months ago and pick up the weapons cheap.

I do not expect it to become TT food. I expect the Trauma IV to end up costing less than A106.

I think the cost of A105 amps should be brought up here. A year ago, an A105 cost +1000. Now it is back to below +700, and at the very moment, you can make a overchanged A105 amp, that has essentially the same stats to Trauma IV from buyout prices on auction for : 190 + 680 + 67 + 53 = 990 ped of markup.

Trauma IV is not twice as useful to own as a Overcharged A105, so it is unlikely it is worth twice as much.

I do not expect it to become TT food. I expect the Trauma IV to end up costing less than A106.

I think the cost of A105 amps should be brought up here. A year ago, an A105 cost +1000. Now it is back to below +700, and at the very moment, you can make a overchanged A105 amp, that has essentially the same stats to Trauma IV from buyout prices on auction for : 190 + 680 + 67 + 53 = 990 ped of markup.

Trauma IV is not twice as useful to own as a Overcharged A105, so it is unlikely it is worth twice as much.

But a105 dropped for years from normal (non-event) mobs. We don't know how many d and e blood samples will keep dropping, nor do we know if next migration there will be blood samples at all.. Ofcourse there will be melee amps as prices for halloween mayhem and merry mayhem. But still...
But price of IV will drop if III starts dropping in other events. And same goes for VI if V starts dropping.

You cant compare stats between amps from different weapon types, you must see what they do when attached to their weapons.

And i dont think the melee weapons are the ones that will rise much in price, cause i think the item of balance-control used by MA is the amps on Melee, while on guns its the guns itself.

And i dont think the melee weapons are the ones that will rise much in price, cause i think the item of balance-control used by MA is the amps on Melee, while on guns its the guns itself.

Some will and some wont... just depends on a few things.

Yes ofc general price level will rise, just not to the extent the Handgun and Rifles has, the priceraise will be spread between weapon and amp, in a different way than we are used to with Handgun/Rifle amps.

My point is, an Songkra will not rise from 500 ped to 15k ( to match Ranked Scorp somewhat ), but the raise will go lower, but spread on both melee-amps and weapons.

Then there are diffences wich still makes a handgun or even more a rifle better in some cases, due to the advantage of range, problem is the sceptical ppl assume ppl wont adapt.

I can hunt feffox young-old , in adj pixie, healing with fannos V1 between mobs, while producing 60 dps @ 2.949 dpp , with low cost per shot, meaning low overkill, all with a combined pricetag on weapon+amp of 3k ped, that has to leave a scar in the balancing. And has to be corrected either with all guns dropping to 2-5k or melee rising, or amps rising, my bet is both melee and amps will hold strong value further on, and how the priceraise is distributed is more to the individual stats of each weapon, and what happens when amped.

The key here though is, amped, and thats why i think amps will be the turnkey for melee.

I can still tag and do predmg with a LC-240 or similar, amped with a silly a104, if i for some reason should need the lessen the time in close combat with mob.

Most players, do most of their damage close to the mob, and this particular activity ( doing close dmg to mob ) just got alot cheaper due to melee amps, in comparision to for example a handgun+amp combo.

Also take into consideration current demand has put prices where they are based on our playerbase. If Compet is successful in attracting a larger playerbase, demand will presumably increase over time. But at the same time who's to say the supply won't increase either.

I hear what you guys are saying about melee, but ranged does have it's advantages:

• Ability to kill mob before it reaches you
  • Less to no decay on armor
  • While attacking at distance can't take crit hit unless other mob is ranged
  • Sights and Scopes

That said in order for the price of a certain ranged gun to drop in value, one has to be willing to sell at a lower price. Apparently there is intrest in the different melee setups; are people more likely to charge more for their melee or sell ranged cheaper?

Last edited:
Also take into consideration current demand has put prices where they are based on our playerbase. If Compet is successful in attracting a larger playerbase, demand will presumably increase over time. But at the same time who's to say the supply won't increase either.

I hear what you guys are saying about melee, but ranged does have it's advantages:

• Ability to kill mob before it reaches you
  • Less to no decay on armor
  • While attacking at distance can't take crit hit unless other mob is ranged
  • Sights and Scopes

That said in order for the price of a certain ranged gun to drop in value, one has to be willing to sell at a lower price. Apparently there is intrest in the different melee setups; are people more likely to charge more for their melee or sell ranged cheaper?

Most of us are old players here.. game has been around for over 10 years.. we all have ranged as well.
I tag with a baringer sr37/beast tier II to take off approx 120 dmg at 150 m range
then switch to glr-33/a106 for inbetween hits from 80m to 10m
then switch to tier III shagadi/melee amp IV

the glr-33 is a justifier mk V clone, and it has old school stats, but the most dmg I do with the sword, so I'm still eco. I have no reason to buy an ul sib pistol for 15k anymore. or an ul sib carbine.

In the meanwhile, trauma iv is down to +2K and and Trauma I to +120 - +130. With more expensive ones going unsold.

Not enough melee users? Not enough people believing in big investments?

Not enough melee users? Not enough people believing in big investments?

No, I dont think so.

We have a TON of amps introduced all at once and for how many have been introduced over such a short time period, the market value has held together better than I expected.

What im wondering is what will happen to the prices when migration is over?

At present prices, there is more supply than demand. Why would demand go up after the migration is over?

In the meanwhile, trauma iv is down to +2K

At present prices, there is more supply than demand. Why would demand go up after the migration is over?

Really??? Can u show me where u find trauma IV for +2k because do let me know so i can find a few.. Please dont come up with figures to suit your train of thought and stick to facts..

Really??? Can u show me where u find trauma IV for +2k because do let me know so i can find a few.. Please dont come up with figures to suit your train of thought and stick to facts..

Looks like 1 sold for 2K out of all the amps that sold.. just one.

I certainly wouldn't say that 2K is the "new price" either.

Demand will remain at about what it is now... however the supply will be reduced.

Most ppl i know who want a IV amp still wait "hoping" for them to be even cheaper before they buy, demand is not the problem its ppl speculating in getting a lower entry into the item.

Looks like 1 sold for 2K out of all the amps that sold.. just one.

I certainly wouldn't say that 2K is the "new price" either.

Last there were any IV amps on market, 3 were with start bids in the 2200s and one with +2K. The one with 2K sold, the others expired.

Most ppl i know who want a IV amp still wait "hoping" for them to be even cheaper before they buy, demand is not the problem its ppl speculating in getting a lower entry into the item.

This is what I wrote - more supply than demand at current prices.

Last there were any IV amps on market, 3 were with start bids in the 2200s and one with +2K. The one with 2K sold, the others expired.

I have had an order on AH for +2k for at least 10 days so far and could not get a single amp. If +2k was the new price I would imagine it being easy to get one at that price as you have mentioned.

This is what I wrote - more supply than demand at current prices.

No one wants to buy if they think the price will just fall because they dont want to lose peds.

Divinity pointed out his auction order... so right there is the floor in terms of price.

What do you think will happen when migration is over, when Eomon are gone, and there are no more blood samples to turn in? That will mean no more Trauma amps can be made. I can see the price easily going back up to +2500 at least.

The situation now is that you have a lot of hunters getting Trauma amps from their Eomon Blood Sample quest and many of them aren't melee hunters... So as a result, they want to sell as soon as possible, and most are willing to undercut other sellers just to get theirs sold sooner.

I agree price will probably rise after migration. Especially if no other mob drops..

We'll see.

What do you think will happen when migration is over, when Eomon are gone, and there are no more blood samples to turn in? That will mean no more Trauma amps can be made. I can see the price easily going back up to +2500 at least.

I guess time will tell, but none of the TEN items have gone up in price since the TEN event finished and the items stopped dropping. For at least four or five years, there hasn't been many items which have "bounced" back in price once it's gone down. I think I posted a month or so ago in this thread the amps would be 2k and 5k, and I think that's where they will balance out at long term. I don't currently see huge demand for items like the corrosive dagger, and I don't think there will ever be a huge rush to skill melee because it has so many drawbacks.

Well MTA I is obviously meant to be cheap judging by the amount of dropping A,B,C parts. I believe that will be in future as well. Price of IV and VI will mostly depend on how future drops are handled. Will there be just (L) ones, then the UL amps might keep the price somewhat if the (L) counterparts are not too cheaply available.

Anyway for me as a Melee hunter they are foremost one thing: useful items. I paid for it what they were worth for me using the item. I don't care if they keep value or lose value, because i have an item i can use for many years. And history in Entropia shows over such a long period of time most likely the item will lose value.

Back