Melee Trauma Amplifiers

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Ok I have seen the

Melee Trauma Amplifiers I and IV
From what I can gather by submitting Eomon DNA parts A, B, C you get the level 1 amp currently on auction for around 400Ped.
now I am assuming you need parts D and E to get the level IV amp. They are new so thus overpriced. I see the level 1 amps being worth around 50 - 100Ped eventually.
As for the level IV amp, is it really worth more than 2kPed?

Im curious what the Trauma VI will sell for

I think you need the D to get the IV and the E to get the VI, but I'm just speculating. Normally new discoveries start out high and go down so I think where the price settles depends how long D and E keep dropping, also how many of the amps the other planet partners can release, since they've also been given some. If D and E stop dropping now and other PPs have only a few to release the price would be very high. I hope IV settles down to not more than 2k.

Last edited:
so then where are the II, III, and V??

Its possible that those are what were given to other planets.

so then where are the II, III, and V??

Its possible that those are what were given to other planets.

I bet it's similar to the athena amps which has the different levels split between Ark and Caly.

Well we don't know how many of these will be available eventually. They do change a lot anyhow eco and damage wise for the level required.

Look for example at the aakas blade (LVL34 SIB starts), which has dropped in value and costs around +250 now probably:

51.1 dps with an eco of 2.953 dpp on a weapon that costs TT +250 ped combined with an amp of uncertain value.

Now check on entropedia for ranged weapons that have above stats and at that level. Add an amp to them if needed to get there and check the total cost (yes I know those combo's have range).

It's a pitty entropedia offers too few simultaneous filters to select, but my guess is to get something comparable you will pay a lot for the weapon itsself already. Would have been nice if you could have filtered on SIB: yes, REQ: <36, L: no, ECO: >2.95, DPS: >50 and this list would not be so long.

I suspect If MA has thought this through, these amps will not be as common as laser and BLP ones. I could be wrong though.

I guess the keypoint in putting a value at these is availability. They are useful. They add eco and damage and a lot of cheap melee weapons are around. It will be interesting to see where they settle, but at the moment it might be not so wise to buy if you don't want to buy something that loses value.
My guess would be some of them will also be prizes in Mayhem and more events, and there are other planets as well.
My guess is they start expensive as most new items, but odds are good they become affordable within the timespan of a year.

If you think that Mindark will leave the whole universe whit 10 melle amp's and you enough stupid go buy one for 5-10k :D:D

Can someone explain litle more what maturity drop eomon parts and what part we need for the smaller amp out there

will the amps in general raise the mu of UL melee weps?

What we can see is that amps make Melee an even more viable option to hunt with.

With Melee + Amp you can cheaply ( weapon at least ) come into the 50+ dps area for > 2.9 dpp.

The only disadvantage is the low range. With a cheap & eco tagger you can compensate it somewhat.

Will that affect prices on UL melee weapons ? That depends, if player decide melee is worth using now. The odds are good prices could raise.

I added "Melee Amp" to some weapons known to be ampable - Arkadia ULs, Genesis Icerage(L) - so you can now play around with these in the weapon compare tool in Entropedia, to see the benefits (or lack thereof).

If you have other melee weapons which you know are ampable, you can update entropedia yourself.

viable.. hell yeah

I have two tier 3 shagadi swords.

that's 85.8 dmg per swing 53.5 dps at 2.903 eco unamped..

Now if I could get my hands on a trauma VI it adds 28 dmg.. = 113,8 dmg at 54 reload..:eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

It makes the weapons more valuable, but supply and demand would determine if they increase in price. It would require a LOT of these amps to affect the UL melee weapon price, since most people interested in these already have an appropriate UL weapon. I hope we see enough of these amps introduced to increase the price of UL melee weapons a bit as they are dirt cheap atm compared to comparable dps ranged UL guns.

Last edited:
I added "Melee Amp" to some weapons known to be ampable - Arkadia ULs, Genesis Icerage(L) - so you can now play around with these in the weapon compare tool in Entropedia, to see the benefits (or lack thereof).

If you have other melee weapons which you know are ampable, you can update entropedia yourself.

I updated some of the Cyrene blades. I'll update more later

In relation to the value of unlimited sib weapons I think the melee weapons will go up a little, and the range come down quite abit. More options, less demand, price comes down. I'd envisage the IV melee amp to become 2000ped and the VI considerable more.

In relation to the value of unlimited sib weapons I think the melee weapons will go up a little, and the range come down quite abit. More options, less demand, price comes down. I'd envisage the IV melee amp to become 2000ped and the VI considerable more.

I agree but for right now there are people willing to pay 3500 and higher.

I expect IV to be around 2k within a matter of weeks. They originally were going for 4k, a couple maybe more, but now are closer to 3500 and this morning I turned some down at 3.3k

As far as the VI, it's gotten as high as 10k but only does 8 more damage than the IV so there is a bit of a disparity there because that's a huge gap in price.... And then let's not forget that we likely will see a V in the near future.

Plus there is nothing that says we won't see a VII or even VIII, maybe a IX or X :eyecrazy:

an IV sold in auction for +4k today I think they will hold their value a little better than expected for now, though they will of course drop over time.

There are a lot of people that love melee but havent persued it because of its imbalance, now that melee is more viable, melee tools will in turn be more sought after.

19 Blood sample Ds have droped
13 Blood sample Es have droped

I would expect drop rate to slow down towards the end of migration and so we can expect somewhere between 2-4x as many to drop total. (though I could be completely off)

That means a total of 40-80 total IV amps and 25-50 total VI amps.

How many dantes are in the game that held there 2k+ value for so long?
They would have continued to hold their value even with a few being added every once in a while but that the modified(as in changed not name) Causes were able to be made so much cheaper.

I think there is more than 100 people in the game who would seriously like to grind melee, and so the demand in price will stay for a while at least.

(also hopeful thinking on my part as I have what I want already, and am selling some as well)

an IV sold in auction for +4k today I think they will hold their value a little better than expected for now, though they will of course drop over time.

That is true, but since then several have been listed

One has a buyout of +3199, another is +3198, another is +3000

These are buyout prices, not start bids.

That means +4k is over for the IV

Any chance of the Melee I amp dropping to below TT+150 price? And more in par with the A10Xs?

Cause that's the only one I'm interested in....hahaha.

(Yes...Yes I know I'm a cheapskate. :lolup:)

Any chance of the Melee I amp dropping to below TT+150 price? And more in par with the A10Xs?

Ill bet any amount of PED that it will very soon

When i see how many A,B,C samples are available i suppose the MAmp I are meant to be cheap and available for everyone. So my guess would be they will become cheap soon.

How many dantes are in the game that held there 2k+ value for so long?
They would have continued to hold their value even with a few being added every once in a while but that the modified(as in changed not name) Causes were able to be made so much cheaper.

I think there is more than 100 people in the game who would seriously like to grind melee, and so the demand in price will stay for a while at least.

(also hopeful thinking on my part as I have what I want already, and am selling some as well)

But the price of amplifiers is not only the matter of supply and demand that matters in setting the prices, the supply and demand for weapons to attach these to matters too. Immolation and disintegration swords go for 400-800. This is far less than the Trauma IV so far. And Shagadi is fairly similar to Apis - how much would have Dante gone for if you could have gotten UL Apis for 800 at level 42?

But of course, ecos differ, as do amounts of players actually using melee vs blp. These are after all amps, not boomerang attachments. I don't really see any reason to pay more than 1500 for Trauma IV, and this may be a optimistic estimate of actual value.

But the price of amplifiers is not only the matter of supply and demand that matters in setting the prices, the supply and demand for weapons to attach these to matters too. Immolation and disintegration swords go for 400-800. This is far less than the Trauma IV so far. And Shagadi is fairly similar to Apis - how much would have Dante gone for if you could have gotten UL Apis for 800 at level 42?

But of course, ecos differ, as do amounts of players actually using melee vs blp. These are after all amps, not boomerang attachments. I don't really see any reason to pay more than 1500 for Trauma IV, and this may be a optimistic estimate of actual value.

Skill requirements differ too. Apis is maxed at level 31. Shagadi at level 47.

Well no matter how you turn things, facts are.

Amped with Trauma IV my tier 2 Aakas fire dagger turns into a Ranked Scorpion + a106.

Give or take a few arguments, thats still where we land.

And since it has rained melee weapons for many years now, the only way MA can balance and control things are the droprate and availibility of the Trauma amps.

Thats why i think they wont become as common as the blp or laser amps.

Laser and blp hunting are controlled via droprate of eco handguns and rifles, melee hunting will be controlled via amp availability.

Amped with Trauma IV my tier 2 Aakas fire dagger turns into a Ranked Scorpion + a106.

And since it has rained melee weapons for many years now, the only way MA can balance and control things are the droprate and availibility of the Trauma amps.

Laser and blp hunting are controlled via droprate of eco handguns and rifles, melee hunting will be controlled via amp availability.

Or.. they don't read this thread or aren't as smart, or don't want the handguns to have markup.
Maybe they've noticed there are not a lot of players left wanting to fork out the price of a second hand car for a weapon. In that case Mindark benefits from weapons not having much markup. Because then average joe will forkout half of the second hand car for a weapon. So increasing the drop rate of melee amps will hurt the markup of ranged UL sib weapons, which could lead to more profit for Mindark. (not having to pay much to the chipping out leaving player, more deposits because the ul sib weapons are gettting cheaper for average joe)

Makes sense, I am kinda surprised by the amount of melee amps already available. The Askas fire dagger and a IV amp is a pretty decent setup for under 3500ped. The portable repair terminal making the setup far more appealing. With the ongoing droprate of range weapons like Scorpion's on Cyrene and the L1100E, difficult to gage the value of items in a years time.

Makes sense, I am kinda surprised by the amount of melee amps already available. The Askas fire dagger and a IV amp is a pretty decent setup for under 3500ped. The portable repair terminal making the setup far more appealing. With the ongoing droprate of range weapons like Scorpion's on Cyrene and the L1100E, difficult to gage the value of items in a years time.

Well obviously Mindark's strategy is to make gear up to midlevel gear affordable to the masses. that sucks for those who invested a lot in their gear, but for new players it is great, because they know they can one day purchase one of the weapons. Personally i like the strategy more, although that means i am more careful when purchasing anything. But that is a different topic.

I dont plan on buyinig/selling amps beyond what it took to get the VI I needed.

What I do know is that before melee amps (long before) I had done the research and decided that a good genesis blade was the cheapest to buy most eco and most dps I would ever be able to afford on my budget.

Now my blade/amp combo are worth <20k combined and does 100dps (99.25 till next tier then it will be more) @ almost 2.95dpp

The other benefits of the blade are still there (hp, carry weight, eco, fun factor, etc...) but now it also has the advantage of raw dps and an even higher eco.
I will still buy cheap (L) rifles for shared loot bosses and team hunts, but for 99.99% of my play this is THE best option for me.

I can grind high density spawns of mid level mobs with an auto loot pill, or I can single tag high hp mobs with my barringer and still kill them much faster with my blade than I could with any other option in the same price range all the while building more HP and carry strength.

For me the price doesn't matter beyond what I can sell my last IV amp for because this is probably the last weapon/amp I will ever need to buy, and it doesn't matter if its 2k or 20k, I am not selling it, and the longer I have it the more that cost is spread out over the benefit of having it.

Much like I will never regret paying the 2k+ for my quad which I still have, or the 2k+ for my dante which I still have even though both have lost value.

Well, it looks like the value for the Trauma IV has found a floor, at least for now, around +2700 to +2800 with auction data to back it up, including one that ended through bids for that price... so its not just buyout prices reflected.

Some points to consider before assuming prices of other things will fall

1. Range still dominates, especially in terms of Eco, even if its just a short range handgun
2. Most people don't have very high melee skills and because of that, they are unable to use most blades
3. The availability of melee amps likely wont be as high as the other weapon amps, at least for now.

Back