PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57
  1. #21
    Mutated mastermesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Billy Bar
    Avatar
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Posts
    12,871
    Blog Entries
    9
    Images
    1579
    this kinda thing happens with ped transfers all the time... that's why you should not use recent market history to judge everything.

  2. #22
    Stalker
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Avatar
    Neil Greenleaf Stockton
    Posts
    2,023
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terms of Service, section 8, point "o".



    Even if he's transfering funds, he is artificially inflating price and thus counts as market manipulation. And he is not, how convenient that minutes later puts his deeds for sale, how convenient.
    I disagree. The market manipulation rule is useless because it is vague. Some forms of market manipulation are completely acceptable. For example, if a planet is sold out of a certain mineral and I set my selling price high, that is market manipulation because the price the forms a baseline for other sellers. If I set a high order, that is market manipulation. But these situations are completely fine, it's just the nature of a free market.

    If you want to be technical about it, every single transaction you ever make can be defined as market manipulation.

    Some forms of market manipulation should be outlawed but to be honest I'd rather see them give us tools to prevent accidental bidding or listings. The 8500 ped purchase may have been someone who accidentally bid his whole ped card by misclicking.
    Last edited by Neil Stockton; 07-12-2014 at 17:22.

  3. #23
    Prowler Coz1969's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Avatar
    Warden Coz Coz
    Society
    GloryHound Irregulars
    Posts
    1,575
    Images
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Falagor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one who realises that markup connected with deeds is screwed badly since like 6 months (or more) after certain update (that switched listing view from 99999...% to +X value)?

    Example: if someone lists 10 AUDs at +470peds and they get sold - history will be marked as item sold for 470peds...

    It could have been ~180 AUDs sold for 8.5k and it would leave same spike...
    Actually, they recently fixed this problem for the AUD's and CLD's. They now correctly show markup, in PED value, for a SINGLE deed. OFC, I haven't been able to play yet this week, so this recent VU could have stuffed everything up again. LOL


    Edit: I see Svarog already replied to this, but I will leave my post to emphasize this... basically if there is an 8.5k ped spike on the market value for the AUD's , then that was for the sale of ONE deed.

  4. #24
    Marauder Angel O2 Mercer's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spain
    Avatar
    Angel O2 Mercer
    Posts
    5,032
    Images
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. The market manipulation rule is useless because it is vague. Some forms of market manipulation are completely acceptable. For example, if a planet is sold out of a certain mineral and I set my selling price high, that is market manipulation because it's then used as a baseline for other sellers. If I set a high order, that is market manipulation. But these situations are completely fine, it's just the nature of a free market.

    If you want to be technical about it, every single transaction you ever make can be defined as market manipulation.

    Some forms of market manipulation should be outlawed but to be honest I'd rather see them give us tools to prevent accidental bidding or listings. The 8500 ped purchase may have been someone who accidentally bid his whole ped card by misclicking.
    Neil, it's not rocket science. If you list an item 200 times over MU and buy it with a secondary account it IS market manipulation.

    If it was someone else who accidentally bid on it it's even worse. I hope that is not the case. And it's also not the first time I catch this from him either.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. The market manipulation rule is useless because it is vague. Some forms of market manipulation are completely acceptable. For example, if a planet is sold out of a certain mineral and I set my selling price high, that is market manipulation because it's then used as a baseline for other sellers. If I set a high order, that is market manipulation. But these situations are completely fine, it's just the nature of a free market.

    If you want to be technical about it, every single transaction you ever make can be defined as market manipulation.
    That's not manipulation.

    : to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage

    : to change by artful or unfair means so as to serve one's purpose
    2.00% Spiders! @Takuta Plateau 38736, 31700

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by melander View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you knew how TCP/IP architecture works or what is actually in a log file for that matter you would understand why what you just suggested is horse shit .

    Sorry for the off-topicness happening here, ill drop it now.

    Cheers!
    Zweshi
    Since I happen to work for an ISP, please, do explain to me how TCP/IP architecture works and after you're done, tell me how that is connected with MA manipulating ingame MU or them having an avatar with which they would do that instead, while acting as a "regular" player..

    And another thing,...what do you know about what MA's logs show or not?


    ....

  7. #27
    Marauder
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    HardWrath's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Avatar
    Max HardWrath Mayhem
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    6,006
    Images
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by the_prophet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since I happen to work for an ISP, please, do explain to me how TCP/IP architecture works and after you're done, tell me how that is connected with MA manipulating ingame MU or them having an avatar with which they would do that instead, while acting as a "regular" player..

    And another thing,...what do you know about what MA's logs show or not?


    ....

    Or we can just explain the concept of posting on topic.

    And to help get us back on topic.. I know the name of the person in question here and he isn't a MA employee trying to inflate prices as you suggested. In fact the majority of what he does causes the market value data to show artificially low prices. Your conspiracy theory doesn't hold water.
    Player Register: Max HardWrath Mayhem

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by HardWrath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or we can just explain the concept of posting on topic.

    Irrelevant
    Well played.

  9. #29
    Old Alpha melander's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Sweden
    Avatar
    Zweshi Xavier Maccoy
    Society
    Global Alliance
    Posts
    993
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by the_prophet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since I happen to work for an ISP, please, do explain to me how TCP/IP architecture works and after you're done, tell me how that is connected with MA manipulating ingame MU or them having an avatar with which they would do that instead, while acting as a "regular" player..

    And another thing,...what do you know about what MA's logs show or not?


    ....
    I know the general gist of whats in MA's server side logs not because i have seen them but because i have experience in this field. To perform certain functions they need a certain dataset of information else they could not perform such actions, this means that specific information must be logged and stored for atleast a certain amount of time.

    This will be my last response since this conversation is obviously futile.

    Best regards
    Zweshi
    A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour. ~Author Unknown

    Twitter: @Zweshi

  10. #30
    Provider
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Biller UcRds Miller
    Posts
    141
    Images
    1
    MA, fix the problem of multiple accounts, then auction manipulation problem gets fixed automatically.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook