PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    this kinda thing happens with ped transfers all the time... that's why you should not use recent market history to judge everything.

Stalker
    Neil Greenleaf Stockton
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terms of Service, section 8, point "o".

Even if he's transfering funds, he is artificially inflating price and thus counts as market manipulation. And he is not, how convenient that minutes later puts his deeds for sale, how convenient.
    I disagree. The market manipulation rule is useless because it is vague. Some forms of market manipulation are completely acceptable. For example, if a planet is sold out of a certain mineral and I set my selling price high, that is market manipulation because the price the forms a baseline for other sellers. If I set a high order, that is market manipulation. But these situations are completely fine, it's just the nature of a free market.

If you want to be technical about it, every single transaction you ever make can be defined as market manipulation.

Some forms of market manipulation should be outlawed but to be honest I'd rather see them give us tools to prevent accidental bidding or listings. The 8500 ped purchase may have been someone who accidentally bid his whole ped card by misclicking.
    Last edited by Neil Stockton; 07-12-2014 at 17:22.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Warden Coz Coz
    Society
    GloryHound Irregulars
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Falagor View Post
    Am I the only one who realises that markup connected with deeds is screwed badly since like 6 months (or more) after certain update (that switched listing view from 99999...% to +X value)?

Example: if someone lists 10 AUDs at +470peds and they get sold - history will be marked as item sold for 470peds...

It could have been ~180 AUDs sold for 8.5k and it would leave same spike...
    Actually, they recently fixed this problem for the AUD's and CLD's. They now correctly show markup, in PED value, for a SINGLE deed. OFC, I haven't been able to play yet this week, so this recent VU could have stuffed everything up again. LOL

Edit: I see Svarog already replied to this, but I will leave my post to emphasize this... basically if there is an 8.5k ped spike on the market value for the AUD's , then that was for the sale of ONE deed.

Angel O2 Mercer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    I disagree. The market manipulation rule is useless because it is vague. Some forms of market manipulation are completely acceptable. For example, if a planet is sold out of a certain mineral and I set my selling price high, that is market manipulation because it's then used as a baseline for other sellers. If I set a high order, that is market manipulation. But these situations are completely fine, it's just the nature of a free market.

If you want to be technical about it, every single transaction you ever make can be defined as market manipulation.

Some forms of market manipulation should be outlawed but to be honest I'd rather see them give us tools to prevent accidental bidding or listings. The 8500 ped purchase may have been someone who accidentally bid his whole ped card by misclicking.
    Neil, it's not rocket science. If you list an item 200 times over MU and buy it with a secondary account it IS market manipulation.

If it was someone else who accidentally bid on it it's even worse. I hope that is not the case. And it's also not the first time I catch this from him either.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    I disagree. The market manipulation rule is useless because it is vague. Some forms of market manipulation are completely acceptable. For example, if a planet is sold out of a certain mineral and I set my selling price high, that is market manipulation because it's then used as a baseline for other sellers. If I set a high order, that is market manipulation. But these situations are completely fine, it's just the nature of a free market.

That's not manipulation.

: to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage

: to change by artful or unfair means so as to serve one's purpose
    2.00% Spiders! @Takuta Plateau 38736, 31700

Quote Originally Posted by melander View Post
    If you knew how TCP/IP architecture works or what is actually in a log file for that matter you would understand why what you just suggested is horse shit .

Sorry for the off-topicness happening here, ill drop it now.

Cheers!
    Zweshi
    Since I happen to work for an ISP, please, do explain to me how TCP/IP architecture works and after you're done, tell me how that is connected with MA manipulating ingame MU or them having an avatar with which they would do that instead, while acting as a "regular" player..

And another thing,...what do you know about what MA's logs show or not?

Marauder
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Max HardWrath Mayhem
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by the_prophet View Post
    Since I happen to work for an ISP, please, do explain to me how TCP/IP architecture works and after you're done, tell me how that is connected with MA manipulating ingame MU or them having an avatar with which they would do that instead, while acting as a "regular" player..

Or we can just explain the concept of posting on topic.

And to help get us back on topic.. I know the name of the person in question here and he isn't a MA employee trying to inflate prices as you suggested. In fact the majority of what he does causes the market value data to show artificially low prices. Your conspiracy theory doesn't hold water.
    Player Register: Max HardWrath Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by HardWrath View Post
    Or we can just explain the concept of posting on topic.

Irrelevant
    Well played.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Zweshi Xavier Maccoy
    Society
    Global Alliance
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by the_prophet View Post

I know the general gist of whats in MA's server side logs not because i have seen them but because i have experience in this field. To perform certain functions they need a certain dataset of information else they could not perform such actions, this means that specific information must be logged and stored for atleast a certain amount of time.

This will be my last response since this conversation is obviously futile.

Best regards
    Zweshi
    A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour. ~Author Unknown

Twitter: @Zweshi

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Biller UcRds Miller
    Images
    MA, fix the problem of multiple accounts, then auction manipulation problem gets fixed automatically.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast