It's been a long time... I want to chip out ;)

Smoerble

Elite
Smoerble
Hi all,
for years I waited for taming to come to Entropia, and I always planned to play again, when it's finally back again.

Now it seems to come (or is it already avaiable?)... however: I totally lost my interest in this game, unfortunately :(.

So my nextstep is to chip out all my skills... what is the best way to do this? I only remember, that I need to check out the latest unlocked skills at first, but don't have the tools/URLs anymore.

What is the best method to identify the correct order for chipping out?
What are the best sizes for chips to sell them on auction?

Would be nice, if you could help, thanks @all.
Smo

i think they removed the stupid thing that u cant chip out locked skills.. not 100% sure but i do remember something like this.. so i would assume its safe to chip out skills in which ever order u prefer

Best way: Buy 10-20 ped ESI for as cheap as possible and then start filling them up. That TT value range sells the easiest. You can look at sales volume for each skill and on the higher volume sellers, you can use higher TT chips

Bring all your skills down to about 1000 to 1500 each. Then buy a big TT ESI and use that one to mop up all the low skill point totals and then sell the remaining value of that ESI

Its VERY important that you make sure that you are use the whole ESI when you extract skills or otherwise that the remaining value of the ESI will be greater than 10 PED otherwise the system gives you back PED and not ESI which then is a total waste.

For example, if you have a 20 PED ESI and then use 11 PED TT of skill, the system wont give you back a 9 PED ESI, it will give you back 9 PED.

Im 99.9% certain that you can still chip out locked skills.

To avoid auction fees, you can list your skill points for each skill in a selling thread and then fill ESI with whichever skill that people want. Generally you will end up selling for 100% to 200% under MV of the skill in these examples and its worth it..

Skill chip resellers will usually want to pay you 300% to 500% under MV depending on the skill..

i can confirm locked skills are chipable

Sad to hear that you want to do that

http://jdegre.net/pe/scanner/

I really hope you reconsider

I tried to get it just from curiosity, because seems very intersting tool
but the link for the zipped program is broken
ive got the msg ( /pe/scanner/Scanner50.zip was not found on this server)

I tried to get it just from curiosity, because seems very intersting tool
but the link for the zipped program is broken
ive got the msg ( /pe/scanner/Scanner50.zip was not found on this server)

From what I can tell, ever since the game interface change, the "public" version of the scanner no longer seems to work.

There is a beta version released though...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?95277-Skill-Scanner/page119

And for this beta version...it works...but it requires that you have a login account. (Dunno if its pay once donation type or is it a subscription type.)

The "public" version will probably be updated once jdegre has more time on his hands....from what I've heard...through hearsay...

I used the beta scanner last night. Only issue I found was my anti virus thought it had low reputation and deleted it the first time. Second time it was fine. Did my skill count etc.

P'S. It is very sad to see such a veteran player leave. Maybe hold tight until the stables and taming come in.

Last edited:
I should tell you....

Ive lost interest in EU a few times and Ive chipped out a few times. I really regret doing it.

And for this beta version...it works...but it requires that you have a login account. (Dunno if its pay once donation type or is it a subscription type.)

The "public" version will probably be updated once jdegre has more time on his hands....from what I've heard...through hearsay...

Jesus has said that he would release another free version but I have not seen it yet.

To the best of my knowledge you need to pay a one-off fee to Jesus via PayPal or in PED to have an account for the current Beta version to work. I paid 15 USD and one of my disciples recently paid 10 USD. IMHO its worth every PED.

Dirk

Don't go Smo :(

What others are saying, never chip out! :)

Aside from few exception every single person that did that regret it later on. IMO it's not worth the few peds :)

I should tell you....

Ive lost interest in EU a few times and Ive chipped out a few times. I really regret doing it.

Exactly that's my fear. I play games sind centuries ( :) ) but I still did not spend so much time in any other game...

If you are dead set on chipping out (which I hope you re-consider) I would be willing to buy courage and explosive/support.

As Hard said, so many people I know have chipped out. It's an action you just can't REALLY take back. All that hard work for those skills, years of time invested sold off.

I'm not sure but no matter what skills are something I will be leaving on my avatar.

Thanks at all for the info and feedback.

It's a great move from MA that we now can chip out hidden skills. And yes, after what you (and especially Nadie!) has posted, I will re-think... what means, i will jump into the game again and take a look at taming... let's see, what I decide then.

Btw: I have a ton of Mamba-(L) (I think) whips... are they of any need now?

Thanks at all for the info and feedback.

It's a great move from MA that we now can chip out hidden skills. And yes, after what you (and especially Nadie!) has posted, I will re-think... what means, i will jump into the game again and take a look at taming... let's see, what I decide then.

Btw: I have a ton of Mamba-(L) (I think) whips... are they of any need now?

Taming is not back yet, still some time before it gets implemented.

But you can throw a bid in auction for Stables MA are selling :D

ESI are expensive and Skills never were cheaper, not sure if it's worth to chip out at all besides coloring/texturing and a few other rare skills.

Even Gauss its not worth it now.

Good luck anyway, you should give it a try again.

sad to this someone leaving, who helped me with enourmous knowledge and hints when i started to play... wont forget the first teamspeak sessions to get rid of the game with smoerble and bones when i remember correctly :D

smoerble, thank you iam sure you had no little impact, in keeping me to this game :)

anyway, i wish you best and hope you will make your way, without regreting anything in the future - whichever decision you take...

Thanks for the warm words.
I didn't intend this to be a "i am leaving" topic (if I really do, I will write some more and share some stories). But it gives me a nice feeling about the community... which was awesome all the time.

20070722-TamingDaikibaStalkers.jpg

Long time no see. Hi. :)

nice picture above!

Did you also consider chipping out skills that would possibly be unrelated to Taiming? I don't know much about how it worked before - and we don't know how it will in the (hopefully near) future. I assume though mining, and some combat skills will not be valued.
Just an idea.

Today I was in EU the first time again since maybe 6 or 9 months. I found myself on Arkadia, so i will have to go back to Calypso, still seems to be the most interesting planet?

Anyway... in case, I decide to chip out, I will chip out everything. I will not do any sales on the forum, as it would take away way too much time to organize meetings etc. So my basic plan is to chip out and stick it to the auction.

but I have seen already some changes in the UI, so maybe the game is getting really interesting for me again... let's see what the next week brings.

And Hi Doer! Great to see you still in the game!

Wait 3-6 months, you can ever chip out, but get the skills back is a pain!

cheers trance

but I have seen already some changes in the UI, so maybe the game is getting really interesting for me again... let's see what the next week brings.

If you haven't seen cyclops depths, and happen to have spare time on calypso, check them out. There is a not too optimistic guide about them from Akbar here, some of the problems have been fixed since. Its a nice dungeon, and nobody has figured out what the human bones are for yet.

Back