Question: Reputation Power

Here are my info:

Reputation Power: 24 Points.

Using provided data with linear regression model, the best estimate I get is:

p = int( 0.145188124 + d*0.004538102 + po*0.001904938 + r*0.000925993 )

where:
p - rep power
d - number of days since registration
po - number of posts
r - reputation received
int() - function rounding number down to an integer

rep_power.jpg

Last column shows data (and deviation) calculated using above formula.
Only data of avatars who provided full date of joining was used in calculations.

I'm sure somebody can do better job than that.

ooo Maths! :wise:

Aww I dont want to be a red dudey! I joined 6th Dec 2010

ooo Maths! :wise:

Aww I dont want to be a red dudey! I joined 6th Dec 2010

No worries, when someone just gave info about the month i looked up the correect date in their profile, so i got a verified datapoint. Everyone answering here will also recieve a +rep, i just have to wait 24hours now, because i am on the rep limit.

Thanks for everyone contributing.

It would also be nice to have people with very recent join dates less or equal 1 year.

Using Teiwaz's derived formula, some assumptions on my side and this site (http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?d1=10&m1=2&y1=2010&d2=16&m2=7&y2=2014) to calculate the number of days, I get...

rdf = 220;
pcf = 525;
rpf = 1080;

(Starting reputation assumed to be 0 and not the initially thought to be 1.)

And when I substitute them back into the data given, I more or less can get back the same rep. powers....apart from some minor discrepancies like how Dave Stevens' rep. power ended up being 5 instead of the 4 he posted and yours, 20 instead of the 19 you've posted.

:laugh:

Boy....aren't we free huh? :lolup:

Well some close approximations. We cannot determine if the settings are really set on those values, but it works as a model to determine rep power roughly. Maybe now we should ask 711 how close we are to the real settings :D. Thanks everyone for contributing.

For the life of me I can not find my voting power. Where do I have to look, please?

:scratch:

For the life of me I can not find my voting power. Where do I have to look, please?

:scratch:

Scroll down your User CP page to the part where it shows your rep given out, it's on the top of that section.

Scroll down your User CP page to the part where it shows your rep given out, it's on the top of that section.

Oh, there it is! Thank you!

:shower:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Xen again."

Reactions: aia
Back