Is there a newbie "leveling" guide?

dabrixmgp

Old
The last skill based game I played was Ultima Online but even that game had some leveling guides pertaining to certain skills telling you at X skill level do Y for best gains. I dont know if theres anything like that for this game but is there an idiots guide to n00b hunting? Like where to hunt until you hit X skill level? Also I remember the old chart that shows you when to upgrade your weapon but is that still up to date? It still shows the Opalo as the starting newb weapon and I have heard thats not the best starting weapon anymore.

Also is there an easy way to pick up teleporters? I wanted to rush to Twin Peaks to snag that teleporter and I wasnt paying attention last night and had my newbie vehicle blow up. Now im stuck in Isis and every way I try to run I just keep dying.

The last skill based game I played was Ultima Online but even that game had some leveling guides pertaining to certain skills telling you at X skill level do Y for best gains. I dont know if theres anything like that for this game but is there an idiots guide to n00b hunting? Like where to hunt until you hit X skill level? Also I remember the old chart that shows you when to upgrade your weapon but is that still up to date? It still shows the Opalo as the starting newb weapon and I have heard thats not the best starting weapon anymore.

Also is there an easy way to pick up teleporters? I wanted to rush to Twin Peaks to snag that teleporter and I wasnt paying attention last night and had my newbie vehicle blow up. Now im stuck in Isis and every way I try to run I just keep dying.

Hi and welcome to Entropia,
i fear so fast changes here make it impossible to do a generic newbie levelling guide, although i planned to write on which has not been started yet. Running for Teleporters in general is a very good idea. Running for them is quite oldschool, but a lot of fun. If you get stuck because mobs are killing you, first try to drown them or lure them to one site and try to free your way. If it does not help just use the newcomer chanel in chat and someone for sure will rescue you at your position.

Noobie hunting i suppose you do first some free Calypso missions ( look at http://entropiawiki.com ) and then you might find the puny hunting mission. The mission will keep you quite busy for some time. It is true the Opalo is not the best anymore. The Cyrene TT weapons ( can also be bought from other players in the Newcomer hubs for TT or max TT+1 ) are a great choice, but you might also have a look at Starter packs which can be directly purchased from Mindark on the Planet Calypso Website.

The amp from the silver or gold starter pack ( check it out which one containes the amp as i can'T login at the moment ) is great for a lot of low level weapons.

Enjoy your ride.

BR
Jennson

Hello and Welcome!!! Much of What Jennson Said is good Information. You can Also ask someone to be your Mentor and if they are willing to they can show you some of the ropes of the game, maybe even take you on a TP Run and get you some Teleports to travel around the planet faster.

if I can help with Unlocking hidden skills guide

Always in top 5

also in the link section you can find links to charts showing what weapon is next

You won't find a single "leveling guide" for this game because it's so open-ended. For instance, I prefer to skill in multiple weapons at once. This isn't the fastest way to level but it gives me flexibility which, at least at my level and play style, I feel is more important.

There are a lot of advanced issues, like when to consume your attribute tokens that you get from missions (wait till you're high level if you will be playing a long time), and other things the beginner probably doesn't need to worry much about.

For beginning miners, I would focus your hunting on melee until you reach at least 300 kg carrying capacity. When possible, try to skill up prospector and surveyor as equally (and treasure, if on arkadia) so you don't have to flip through multiple finders when you want to drop for multiple types. Skill rewards can help a lot with this since surveyor always lags behind.

For hunters, if you want flexibility like me, then skill blp, laser and melee. If you want fastest leveling then stick to one type. Laser is best for starting because you have a number of great UL amps you can use at the lower levels. For BLP, the good UL amps don't start until your gun can do 38 damage per shot but there are some very good higher level amps. I think the gap between blp and laser is narrowing in terms of range and damage as new weapon and amp models are discovered.

For beginning crafters skill up some onboard a mothership until you have maxed your first 1 or 2 levels of bps and can start trying to find MU bps to click.

But basically, the fastest way to skill up in a profession is to use that profession. There's also no "penalty" to other professions, except of course lost time or peds.

Last edited:
are the starter packs actually worth it? Im thinking about getting the Gold Pack but for $40 I could get 400 ped so are the items in the pack worth 200 ped to make up for the fact you only get 200 ped?

are the starter packs actually worth it? Im thinking about getting the Gold Pack but for $40 I could get 400 ped so are the items in the pack worth 200 ped to make up for the fact you only get 200 ped?

I think the silver one is just fine, but the gold one is good as well. It gives you really good starting items and the amp in both the silver and gold make it pretty much worth it. You also get ammo from what I recall so that helps.

You can also just depo 40$ and work with your mentor to spend it in the best possible way :)

With 40$ gold pack you will get 200 ped and 85 ped ammo, so the rest of gear costs only 115 ped. Furthermore, you won't have real use for the H-DNAs (instant one-time revive, 3 items) and can sell them for ~30 ped. So the rest of the gear costs < 100ped and totally worth it.

Imho you get 200 peds + 85 ped of universal ammo.

That makes a price for 115 PED for all items let'S have a look:
-Amp great eco i would vallue it around 50 PED if it was a tradable item on the market only ul amp that fits Cyrene TT weapons.
Also great for Toulan (L) weapons which make some of them as eco hell.

-Armor - Looks cool otherwise nothing special i can'T lookup the TT value of it, but it is not tradeable.

-Gun - Nice and a good starter weapon, a bit too high dps for Puny, but a good choice for low lvl mobs with more hp than Puny

-Skilling Pills - Are they tradable ? If not a nice bonus - if Yes good to check out market for them

-Fap, great FAP if you do not already have a herb box.

-H-DNA not very useful for a beginner, but tradable and fetches a pretty penny. So i think i did not forget anything in it.

So for me it would be worth it, although i didn't purchase it yet, because at this point of time i do no low level missions, because i want to finish Tirarak IFN on Arkadia. I will consider purchasing it for the low level missions when i do them.

So for me the gear is definitely worth it.

Good advice here for hunters. The main thing to remember is that EU is a long-term game and patience is required. That said, you can always trade time for money and vice versa here. Those in a hurry to skill up can buy chips. Those on a budget can hunt small and probably survive for months or even forever on an initial deposit.

For one inclined to the latter end of the scale, i'd suggest buying the starter pack that comes with the amplifier (think only the gold does), putting it on an hk110 from the cyrene trade terminal, and using another hk110 or viper to finish, and then hunting punies for the mission bones they drop and working through the puny iron mission (after doing the starter missions, ofc). Unless you're really incautious or unlucky, the markup from the bones should keep you in PEDs. At that point you have more options to continue forward, at this point using the Barbarella weapon from the starter pack with an a101 amp (which it's probably worth depositing to buy at that point if you can't afford or borrow one).

If you don't have a mentor yet, look me up in the player register.

Good luck.

i fear so fast changes here make it impossible to do a generic newbie levelling guide

This.

Alos its important to know if yuo are depoing and how much?

Basically you do these "Iron missions" for a particular mob and you get skill rewards at each stage of the mission. You start on the smallest mob usually(Puny) then either when yuo finish or get sick of that you go up a level to a mob like combibo, cornundacauda etc. Also there are missions around the corinth area where you kill small numbers of low level mobs (snablesnot, berycled) for skill or ammo rewards.

The most important thing to consider here is you dont just blast away mindlessly in this game, to be sure you can hunt longer and therefore skill more, it is important to get the ped flow under control so you are aiming to break even from hunting (a mentor should teach how)

Remember skills are like gold so if you can break even hunting then you are succeeding in the universe because you are gaining skills with little cost.

Anything else you want to skill in like colouring or whatever there are usually guides on the forum for most things you could think of.

Last edited:
Basically you do these "Iron missions" for a particular mob and you get skill rewards at each stage of the mission.

been trying to do these. Cant find mobs for any of them except the Puny one.

Last edited:
been trying to do these. Cant find mobs for any of them except the Puny one.
Indeed, after the puny stage there's nothing. Some idiot wiped out the old daiki/exa/combibo spawns, there's basically an empty wasteland now all around PA, too low density for any meaningful skilling. Even the low level daikiba stampede wave is gone (althou that alone wouldn't solve the problem anyway).

As of now, the player retention rates will take a hit right after the player grow out of the puny level. Would be nice if they sometimes could manage the basic things without major screwups...

how long should I stay on Puny mobs? How high can I skill my laser hit/damage on level 1 mobs? Will it slow down because the mobs are so easy or will the gain remain constant?

how long should I stay on Puny mobs? How high can I skill my laser hit/damage on level 1 mobs? Will it slow down because the mobs are so easy or will the gain remain constant?

Have you completed every puny mission on every planet yet? :rolleyes:

Back