Question: Armor vs Mobs vs Skills?

Society
Freelancer
xo TRAP ox
Hello, I just purchased new armor (nemesis) and I wasn't aware that I should have the proper skills to use it. What types of mobs are suitable for this armor, and what level should my skills be at to use it efficiently. HP, Evade, Dodger, etc. I feel dumb for even buying it now that I found this out from a friend. he said I should finish atrox mission and get evade reward. I have 123hp and my evade is 18. and I'm a 38 blp pistoleer. Any help would be much appreciated. In game name xo TRAP ox. thanks

When your defense cost is around 3% or less of your total run costs for your regular hunting run, you are fine with nemesis even with your skills.

Tools to play around with are probably these:

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?toolid=2
http://www.entropiawiki.com/ArmorAdviser.aspx

I am however not sure if Trox is a good idea to hunt for the mission, but you need to test around a bit if you find the results suitable in terms of MU and return.

BR
Jennson

Do u have any suggestions on what to hunt? I was hoping to hunt bigger mobs with nemesis. I upgraded from adj. pixie 5b plates.

I don't think you should feel dumb for buying it. I have found that armor upgrades don't do as much as you may expect. My dumb mistake when I was new was to get a set of Hermes thinking it would help me in PVP - I was wrong. I still got killed in 2 hits and still only did 1.0 dmg to other people! I also got nearly a full set of (L) Angel and thought I could kick some butt on big Scips and such - it helped but I didn't dominate.
Armor is good to invest in IMO - and you will grow into it for sure.
Sorry I don't have any good suggestions on what to hunt - just finish as many missions as you can IMO. don't focus on just one of the big ones - get a lot of the smaller stages done.

Where good armor shines for new players is in teams!

I have for years now wished I could find a group of 12 new players dedicated to play together for the long haul.
I would start them out with gremlin/jarhead/vicory +5bs from the very beginning and skip all the low level mobs by hunting in team the entire time, moving up from medium to 'uber' mobs as soon as their weapon skills allowed for high enough dps combined.

Ya that's what would interest me a lot more, bigger mobs then what I'm hunting now. just need to know I'm on the right track.

Getting bigger armor to be able to Hunt bigger mobs is a wise choice. As long as you combine it with a bigger weapon.
If you did argo young in your adj pixie with a falx.
Then you should do argo guardians in nemesis with a philosophers sword.

If your time to kill a Mob remains the same or is better in your new setup, then you wont fear the decay Bill.

sell nemesis - buy gremlin!

Is gremlin a better armor, I was hoping to get armor to hunt feffox

You'll find a couple of tools on entropedia that will let you see and compare how different armour and plate combinations will perform against any particular mob.

Just read my signature for my opinion on this :)

Back