Live stream guide?

StigVig

Mature
Society
Freelancer
Stig StigVig Persson
Streaming has become quite a popular thing for Entropians nowadays... I have been approached and helped a good few people who have wanted to start their own streams and I just wanted to ask if there is any interest for me posting an in depth guide on how you get your own Entropia live stream up and running (totally free).¨

The benefits of streaming are many. You can record your globals/HoF's on video. You can interact with the viewers providing entertainment for both parties..... there are quite a few possibilities within the medium.

If there is any interest I will spend some time on creating an extensive guide with pictures and an easy description of what you can do to go live. I could also provide further support in the thread if needed.

Maybe this has been done before and there is surely people more suited to do this than me. But, if the interest exists I will do it.

Happy hunting :wtg:

Streaming has become quite a popular thing for Entropians nowadays... I have been approached and helped a good few people who have wanted to start their own streams and I just wanted to ask if there is any interest for me posting an in depth guide on how you get your own Entropia live stream up and running (totally free).¨

The benefits of streaming are many. You can record your globals/HoF's on video. You can interact with the viewers providing entertainment for both parties..... there are quite a few possibilities within the medium.

If there is any interest I will spend some time on creating an extensive guide with pictures and an easy description of what you can do to go live. I could also provide further support in the thread if needed.

Maybe this has been done before and there is surely people more suited to do this than me. But, if the interest exists I will do it.

Happy hunting :wtg:

I would stream often but OBS doesn't like my 560ti SLI set up so it won't let me stream :(

I would stream often but OBS doesn't like my 560ti SLI set up so it won't let me stream :(

What exactly doesn't it like? I use obs and had to make some changes to my config to get my stream running good. With some help from viewers I was able to get mine dialed in.

What exactly doesn't it like? I use obs and had to make some changes to my config to get my stream running good. With some help from viewers I was able to get mine dialed in.

I don't remember the exact error it throws, but it can't find the driver for the SLI cards or something from what I recall..

I don't remember the exact error it throws, but it can't find the driver for the SLI cards or something from what I recall..

If you ever want to upgrade your computer, just remember that Entropia Universe doesn't take any benefit at all from SLI/Crossfire setups.

So if you mostly play EU your solution could be as simple as removing one card, and you would still get the same performance +/-.

I doubt streaming on multi-gpu setups will have great support anytime soon, given how they work (frame buffering etc...).

As for a guide to stream: http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1262922-open-broadcaster-software

Cheers.

If you ever want to upgrade your computer, just remember that Entropia Universe doesn't take any benefit at all from SLI/Crossfire setups.

So if you mostly play EU your solution could be as simple as removing one card, and you would still get the same performance +/-.

I doubt streaming on multi-gpu setups will have great support anytime soon, given how they work (frame buffering etc...).

As for a guide to stream: http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1262922-open-broadcaster-software

Cheers.

I was thinking of one more tailored to Entropia people, many has problems with that guide as it is quite big and not on point at all.

I was thinking of one more tailored to Entropia people, many has problems with that guide as it is quite big and not on point at all.

You have a point, some things can be tailored from ingame options to fix stream issues, like locking v-sync

Back