Question: Unbalanced?!

Cerberis

Elite
Society
house of gamers
Cerb Hulk Beris
After years without any rocket in loot MA gave us new support weapons. First was Skildek Vaporizer (L), then Skildek Decimator (L), Skildek Negator (L) Skildek Exterminator (L) and UL version of last 3. So 4 new rockets that are from out of space...
Vaporizer - Lvl 32 to start using and 632 dmg that can kill anyone in one hit.
Exterminator - lvl 88 to start using and 326 dmg that is like 20-25% less powerfull then old Viper or Boa, but need like 2 times more skills to use (so far i know noone in game can use it at all) and 2 times less powerfull then vaporizer, but need like 10 times more skills.
Negator - just 3.5% less powerfull then V-rex 2000 or V-rex 2000 SGA, but need like 2 times more skills to use.
Decimator - like 3 times less powerfull then Vaporizer, but need like 50% more skills to use...

So question is - Why needed to remove old rockets that where balanced in all ways and add some unbalanced rockets? and other question - Why need to skill A LOT to use higher rockets if they are lot less powerfull?!

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?262221-Fogot-ROCKET-LAUNCHERS

First you cry for rocket launchers and now you crying that blow your ass whit 1 hit :lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

hahaha Are you serious?

kabooooooooooooooooom

Also you have any prove that they remove old launchers??

MA has been this for years and will most likely do for years to come. Just look at wiki and you'll see a million L weapons, that you haven't seen being used or sold for a long, long time. Both, crafted and looted. MA have done these complete revamps with excluding them (or some component in case of crafting) from the drop lists a few times already.

So question is - Why needed to remove old rockets that where balanced in all ways and add some unbalanced rockets? and other question - Why need to skill A LOT to use higher rockets if they are lot less powerfull?!

Simple, they want more ped tied in skills for everyone if they want to have the same kind of DPS as before.

We can see that with the laser rifles, Isis LC-60 have near the same DPS, while using a A105, as the old Isis LR65. While the old LR65 asked level 51 to be maxed the new LC-60 asks level 65 to be maxed. It is 14 more level to have the same DPS with a litle more eco!

To make the skills count I think it's a good thing for all but what they forgot it that now we need to hunt much higher if we want to have the same thrill as before and the same chances for a good sized HOF as before. Atrox don't drop anymore a 10K HOF, now you need to hunt prots all day long to could have a chance of a nice HOF.

Yes we need to have more skill in order to have same DPS as before. Forget the eco, why should I care about eco if actually I have worst returns than before when I used 2.7 dmg/PEC weapons and similar.
We need to hunt higher if we want good sized HOFs. Lots of mobs can't drop similar loots like in the past...

The view was good, because if we needed more skills to do the same things, price of skills should go up. The thing is that they also changed the maximum loot multiplier for every mob on the game. So the thrill of hunting atrox for example is not near the same as before! And was here that they failed. Why should I have more skills if there is almost no thrill now?

Rockets got the same treatment all other guns got. Slightly more eco, huge increase in skill req. A small note though, they do have their damage radius double from 9 to 18m, so thats something I guess.

The vaporizers and the like are just the tango version of rockets. Shit eco and reload but super high damage. Rockets like that have been around for ages.

Well, I think it comes down to the capabilities of rockets compared to other weapons. The V-Rex 2K SGA for example is maxed at level 41 and with even a mid tier level, it can dominate the majority of avatars who are using weapons that require substantially more skills. Rockets have range, huge damage, and also area damage which means people don't have to aim as much. So in terms of PVP capability there is a substantial disparity between rockets and other weapons.

With all that said, putting a level 80+ skill requirement a medium damage rocket is pointless. It's clear that the existing rockets will be the major players for the foreseeable future, and that's fine, but I just think making a level 80 rocket is completely useless.

If MA needs rocket related items to put in the loot, they should introduce low level, low damage unlimited rockets. Despite not being combat effective, except against the welfare line at Orthos Oil Rig, there still will be high demand for them simply for skilling, tagging, and pre-damage purposes.

Tell me, what exactly is Star supposed to do with that level 80 rocket?? TT it?

Low level rockets would carry a price tag right away plus they would get more people using explosives which of course will drive up demand and help hunting loot for all of us.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Hulk on this one.

Ill start the rumor mill though

Maybe they will introduce, amps for launchers!

I did send a support case asking about the changes as hulk has pointed out. Still waiting on a response from MA. I thought at first maybe the Launcher I had, had bugged stats. but as I now see all the new ones are super high lv requirement compared to L similar dmg or sga, they did it purposely, now lets hope they rebalance em and lower the req. a bit.

LB

Mommy!! i want UL launcher! just like Star´s.

Bigger impact range!

V-REX 2000 SGA prices will go through the roof. With rocket amps or without...

The main problem is the original rockets were balanced around the old PvP system where there was no such thing as damage enhancers. Then the idiots at MA designed damage enhancers without thinking about the impact they'd have on such high damage weapons and how they'd make it a who shot first contest only. Tiered rockets are completely unbalanced, and SGA rockets are a major problem when it comes to PVP battles. The only way for MA to fix this was to remove the older L rockets and replace them with ones with less damage per level. End result is SGA rockets are insta gib rifles and the rest of us are screwed.

star rocket is maxed at around 94 lvl, few more lvl and i gona use it :D

Not many players in game to make the game more balance if the lower the level on this rockets sga price gonna crash so is good us it's now what the need to do is fix the sparkbite sword or make level 30 and slow reload ,have Hugh damage plus melee amp come on MA fix Tha sword and yes we need amp for the Rockets :yay:

Not many players in game to make the game more balance if the lower the level on this rockets sga price gonna crash so is good us it's now what the need to do is fix the sparkbite sword or make level 30 and slow reload ,have Hugh damage plus melee amp come on MA fix Tha sword and yes we need amp for the Rockets :yay:

So you got SGA rocket that dont need much skills, but do big dmg, you got OxO that do big dmg but dont need much skills, so now you need sword with big dmg that dont ask skills. Ofc only stupid players skilling for years to got skills high, so we can use high lvl powerfull stuff. But now time changing. High lvl stuff isnt powerfull any more, but noob lvl stuff is soo powerfull that can kill anyone in one hit (cant say that about high lvl stuff). Much fun for noobs... and... skilled players - fuck you.

Much fun for noobs... and... skilled players - fuck you.

seems this has been MAs motto for years now, this is primarily the reason why i have NEVER skilled past level 50, there is just no point to being uber anymore, there is zero incentive when noobs can have the same things.

want high dps guns at or below level 50? no problem Ten Edition event.
want high end oils for noobs? no problem here's shared super mobs.
want more L guns in loot? no problem 6 events a year and weapons rain like no tomorrow each time.

seems MA is hell bent on destroying any kind of MU in the hunting profession, maybe mining is next when there is nothing left to destroy in hunting. :dunno:

So you got SGA rocket that dont need much skills, but do big dmg, you got OxO that do big dmg but dont need much skiLloyd so now you need with big dmg that dont ask skills. Ofc only stupid players skilling for years to got skills high, so we can use high lvl powerfull stuff. But now time changing. High lvl stuff isnt powerfull any more, but noob lvl stuff is soo powerfull that can kill anyone in one hit (cant say that about high lvl stuff). Much fun for noobs... and... skilled players - fuck you.

I don't remember buy them for tt if you ask me for hunters the can get super cheap guns now 102% 105% sparkbite for 30 ped now you can buy sga too no big deal and sga rocket decay more them the new ones dont cry ladie :laugh:

MA we need sword with big damage too level 40 be fine and I wanna one with 20/20 reload 1 ped tt and 179 dmg thank you very much this is my new wish :wtg:

MA we need sword with big damage too level 40 be fine and I wanna one with 20/20 reload 1 ped tt and 179 dmg thank you very much this is my new wish :wtg:

surprising how well all your wishes come true

for example things that destroyed lootable pvp fun

surprising how well all your wishes come true

for example things that destroyed lootable pvp fun

How pvp4 is been destroy ??? Few example

or what trying to say is now is not so easy like use to ??:confused:

How pvp4 is been destroy ??? Few example

or what trying to say is now is not so easy like use to ??:confused:

Ir is perfect for RATS who never fight, except when trying to backstab.
Its nosense for hunters who cant see where mob is.
It is nonsense for Pkers who would like to fight but can not see what direction GD is.
It is nosense for all noob miners who do not know how to use "near by".

So yes, it was destroyed and all people who did love pk in lootable can confirm that. People like you, Isma, love all this shit...

P.S. For isma to remember - http://www.twitch.tv/zverys/c/1936994

However it is :offtopic:

Last edited:
Ir is perfect for RATS who never fight, except when trying to backstab.
Its nosense for hunters who cant see where mob is.
It is nonsense for Pkers who would like to fight but can not see what direction GD is.
It is nosense for all noob miners who do not know how to use "near by".

So yes, it was destroyed and all people who did love pk in lootable can confirm that. People like you, Isma, love all this shit...

However it is :offtopic:

Perfect example of you ??

I remember seen you in pvp you only fight when is 10v2 and don't say no perfect example when foudil kick your arse what you did ? Was so fun huh haha haha you funny guy check you record before my
plus who can kill you in pvp4 now I don't see any pkrs there any more since you super Uber what stopping you to go hunt in ??

Last edited:
Much fun for noobs... and... skilled players - fuck you.

I'd say the skilled (or at least rich and skilled players) have the weapons you mention.

The "n00b one-hitters" has been around for a long time, but with very limited supply (remember the (L) RX rocket launchers with 1 second reload, the low-TT "prototype anti-matter" rifles)?

As for the vaporizer, the only people who have access to them is the resellers who camp the combat token trader around the Clock. Every time I've checked the stack Count has been=0 except the Days when the new system was newly implemented.

(I thought you had an SGA rocket launcher?)

In my perspective, it's the people who have the "first-gen" SIB weapons (SGA rocket launcher, "0x0", mod LR-53/LR-6x, Genesis swords (Sulfury etc) etc) that are way ahead, at least when it comes to dmg/sec (at a certain skill level). And that as those weapons doesn't drop anymore (or, for that matter generic Components to Craft (L) ones), it's going to stay that way. An extreme example is the terminator.

If gameplay has been more eco or not depends how tough mobs you hunt. If you hunt tough mobs and you use faps with real decay, it might become more expensive. If you hunt normal mobs which doesn't regen much and fapping/armor decay isn't a big issue, new generation is cheaper to use.

If you're on a mission to kill "x" number of mobs, then a slower weapon will cause mission to take longer time in total.

Last edited:
Back