This creature had no loot

Butch C v.2

Old Alpha
Society
Antipodean Army
Butch Butch Carisbrook
ok have i had a brain fade? i thought no loots were gone a while back? I just had 3 in a row on the Longtooth wave? I am sure i would of noticed it before now seeing I'm on 21k of the 30k mission, at first i thought it was just loot lag, anyway it was enough for me to piss off and go play something else.

Maybe im wrong maybe they were here all the time and i just haven't got a no looter for a few years.

ok have i had a brain fade? i thought no loots were gone a while back? I just had 3 in a row on the Longtooth wave? I am sure i would of noticed it before now seeing I'm on 21k of the 30k mission, at first i thought it was just loot lag, anyway it was enough for me to piss off and go play something else.

Maybe im wrong maybe they were here all the time and i just haven't got a no looter for a few years.

for me no loots are pretty common on longtooth (young and mature anyway).

for me no loots are pretty common on longtooth (young and mature anyway).

i see, guess i've been lucky then. I was sure they were replaced with crappy nova or blazers whatever they are called.

edit: they were 2 Dominants and an Alpha.

Last edited:
In current system every mob has a chance to no loot, higher mob hp = less chance of no loot imo

In current system every mob has a chance to no loot, higher mob hp = less chance of no loot imo

I disagree. Not every mob has chance of no loot, but the pre conceived notion that 'some mobs' would never no loot has changed to dropping nova or blazar loot. But, there are big mobs that always have loot, however small.

Are you sure? thought that starting at a certain amount of health no looters were no longer possible?

Are you sure? thought that starting at a certain amount of health no looters were no longer possible?
Pretty sure I saw kim saying this

edit: can't find it :X

Last edited:
There are no "no loot" in space, maybe that's where the confusion is?

But shooting into the abyss does lose shots unlike planet :(

Sucks when hunting on planet having been so used to all mobs having at least something! :ahh:

Pretty sure I saw kim saying this

edit: can't find it :X

I think the quote you're looking for is in the one of the many no loot boss mob threads. At the time he agreed that it shouldn't happen on boss mobs but every mob has a possibility of a no loot and that it can't be removed from a mob completely.

During the Sandking no loot

My view is that it's quite simply outrageous that killing a creature such as the Sand King could ever result in no-looters, if I was a player I would be furious if that ever happened to me. However it is also true that the system is designed in such a way that its possible for no-looters to occur on any creature regardless of its level. Even still the sheer number of no-looters on the Sand King is highly suspicious and does merit further investigation which is currently under way by both MindArk and Planet Calypso. My initial discussion with MindArk regarding this matter prooved that we're all on the same page, bosses should always drop loot, period. I hope to get back to you soon with more information.

Thanks

There were many players that lost PEDs due to several server crashes as well as no-looters on creatures that quite frankly shouldn't have them. I decided to remove the biggest creatures by killing them myself and spawn smaller instead and I tossed the loot on the ground.

There's a flag to turn off auto generated loot so that only selected stackables drop but there's no such thing as a no no-loot mob, they can only minimize the number of no loots.

Consider when the first mobs becamse high regen in vu9 many people said they always looted but many of us had no loots on them. I've avoided high regen mobs since then why spend all that time and still get a no loot.

Last edited:
There's a flag to turn off auto generated loot so that only selected stackables drop but there's no such thing as a no no-loot mob, they can only minimize the number of no loots.

If loot = 0 then start 'loot_mob_process' again ....

Sometimes i guess the simple things are to simple to be considered being used for something as complex as an loot algorithm ;)

I think the quote you're looking for is in the one of the many no loot boss mob threads. At the time he agreed that it shouldn't happen on boss mobs but every mob has a possibility of a no loot and that it can't be removed from a mob completely.

During the Sandking no loot

exactly what i was looking for! Even searched in that thread but sitill couldn't find it hahaha

thanks! +rep

Even the 1st Hussk spawn was a no looter.
(pretty cool for a 6 hours non-stop shooting with ~200 hunters).

How could I forget,
I had the only item that could be considered as a loot :cool:

Hopefully there was no "Griefer", just in case he would escape away....

I disagree. Not every mob has chance of no loot, but the pre conceived notion that 'some mobs' would never no loot has changed to dropping nova or blazar loot. But, there are big mobs that always have loot, however small.

I tend to disagree.
The Sandking is by any means, a big mega mob.

I tend to disagree.
The Sandking is by any means, a big mega mob.

I have wondered about the possibility that when a mob goes into the state of not being able to be damaged or sweat if that increases the chance of no loot or low loot? On event mobs that get it a lot that would make it so the nearly impossible could happen pretty easily with some of them.:dunce:

Going back to the emergence of regen mobs -

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?143576-Longu-Prowler-no-loot

you'll see that a few saying they'd never had a no loot while others saying they had. It all depends on the quantity you've killed and possibly even the spawn area.

Plus if you're grinding the same mob for serveral hours you may not even remember the number of no loots you've had unless you've had a lot or keeping a log of every kill. If you are keeping a log it's most likely to be over the full hunt and not individual kills.

Plus if you're grinding the same mob for serveral hours you may not even remember the number of no loots you've had unless you've had a lot or keeping a log of every kill. If you are keeping a log it's most likely to be over the full hunt and not individual kills.

If you are grinding the same mob for hours the no looters stand out like dogs balls, if you kill a longtooth Alpha and nothing happens then you kill a Dominant and get the same result you think its loot lag till you notice the no loot text.. it kinda stands out believe me, which is why i made the thread as i hadn't seen a no looter for a long time.

Anyway, now i know they are still in the game going by what people have said i will move on and be thankful i have only seen 3 in a fair while. GL

Back