24 Hour continuous repair skillin' Opportunity.

theViper

Guardian
Society
Virtual Legends
Simon theViper Bull
Hi there fellow entropians :yay:

It is with great excitement that I announce the continuous 24 hour skillin' opportunity.
I have to thank Stormdancer who is a big reason this will be possible thank you bro',Stormdancer was involved in all trials done and later the very succesfull skillin' on a privateer called the Pathfinder IX,unfortunately Stormdancer will be very busy with other ingame commitments and thus I will run this project with the help of great people I met with earlier endevours. :wtg:
a Thank you goes out to the Varyag's owner too.

Here is how we roll :

What:Repair skilling with the opportunity of "uninterrupted afk periods." and for those who wanna have a good social event while doing this...We offer that too :laugh:

When:Saturday 26/07/14 18:00MA time - 27/07/14 18:00MA time

Where: In the vicinity of Erebos SS @ Graveyard fields
The summons will start @ 16:30MA-18:00MA
last boarding call @ 18:00MA
The slowboat trip will take place from
Caly SS - Graveyard fields(skillin' area)

Note: There will be another opportunity for the skillers or pilots who can't make the summons to join us...since this is a mothership...as long as you are on the guest list you will be able to fly in and dock in the hanger and of course fly out again during skill runs.
two things required to join us.

1.Register your full avatar name by posting it on this thread.
2.Request a friend invite from Kaywinnit Kaylee Frye to be added to the guest list of the Varyag for the summons
or later boarding @ Erebos SS.

One last thing I will be the Commander on this voyage and Stormdancer
will be my Executive officer,Sales of skilling supplies aboard this ship are reserved as Commanders Priveledge. Sales of supplies will be through authorized representatives whose names will be published as they are selected.

If you would like to join us for next weekend's voyage please register in the new thread found here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Hour-continuous-repair-skillin-Opportunity-2

More info to follow-including the piloting roster <--- to be found on Page 2
Last edit 26/07/14 around 12:00
Regards theViper

Last edited:
Silas Nikopol Diegaeth.

Nice service :).

I`m in....

For a piloting slot as well as skill repairing. Thx

Conquistador Conq45 45

Tips, Rk-5's and welding wire

This is theViper mentioning a few things...

Remember guys tips is always welcome and you can convey it to me via any of the pilots and just note it to me with a message,remember we wanna build up funds to make this a great experience for you guys...suggestions is always welcome...Input is concidered...another thing is, supplies of Rk5's and welding wire which will be available onboard at good prices. :wise:

Hi old pal

For a piloting slot as well as skill repairing. Thx

Conquistador Conq45 45

This is noted and the pilot roster will be made available in due time.
Welcome aboard great pal :wtg:

I am in!

Pecka ecka Martinek , both pilot and repair! >)

Viper I am excited to see this project continue! There is huge demand for this service as we quickly found out when we tried this the first time. And that demand will only grow as we pass through the summer lull in game activity and return to full game activity in northern hemisphere winter.

There are some new challenges for pilots in learning the difference in managing repairs for a mothership as opposed to managing repairs for a privateer, but we anticipate that with greater SI depth to work with repair skilling will experience fewer stoppages than we achieved with our previous attempt. Background and instructions for prospective pilots will be detailed in another thread very soon.

Once again this project is entering a new phase and as with all complex projects there may be "hiccups" as we circumvent unanticipated challenges when this goes "live" in its new form, so we request your patience with the first few voyages should those challenges manifest...and they usually do in a project with this many moving parts :) There is a reason why real life ships have "shakedown cruises" at launch and the analogy will probably hold true here as well :)

Just so there is no potential for confusion I want to make it clear that theViper is THE head of this project. I will be assisting him as best I can with the transition but it is he who will be the "decider". I will share with him what I learned but I will not usurp his right to make final decisions or discuss those decisions with others at any time. I will try to be present for the maiden voyage to help with orienting players and pilots to operations aboard an MS but I will always be theViper's assistant with no command authority whatsoever (aside from whatever he may delegate to me at his own discretion).

I will be referring all of you who have expressed interest to me previously to this thread so you can make contact with theViper via registration here and he can take this project forward from here.

I am looking forward to seeing you aboard :)

Storm

Last edited:
im a newb but i wanna do crafting so i would like to join this nice event xD (for repairing).

I will be in Caly for summoning.

Bryan Hunt Mihara

Last edited:
Anny Divine Thundergirl

For a piloting slot and skill repairing.

Thanks for the online prod Storm!

I'd like to continue with this great project as a repairer.

Harry Meric Darkstar

Skilling

Varian Gabriel Wrynn

I would like to join the skilling event...both for repairs and if you need someone to pilot..even though I am still new I can help out with that too.

Hans Penguin Black

Interesting mainly in pilot skilling, but repair skills will be good as well.

Pleas add me to your list for repair skilling.

Thanks

Qster Qster QQQ

Join skilling run

Please add Don Elthanis Armstrong for repair skilling :) thanks

Pilot Roster

Pilot flight roster for Saturday 26/07/14 - Sunday 27/07/14

Saturday Slow boat trip from Caly SS - Graveyard fields
17:00 - E.T.A 18:00 (Pilot theViper)

Sunday Slow boat trip back to Caly SS 18:00 - E.T.A 19:00

B]N[ote: [/B]All on guest list partaking in skilling run can board via entering the hanger during skilling operation.

Skilling runs: Pilots

18:00-20:00 = Simon theViper Bull- flight to graveyard fields and start of Skillin run'

20:00-22:00 = Simon theViper Bull

22:00-00:00 = Anny Divine Thundergirl

00:00-02:00 = Conquistador Conq45 45

02:00-04:00 = Hans Penguin Black (Trainee)

04:00-06:00 = Conquistador Conq45 45

06:00-08:00 = Tarcoula Stormdancer Uluru

08:00-10:00 = Darwi Dar Odrade (Trainee)

10:00-12:00 = Anny Divine Thundergirl

12:00-14:00 = Sir Darkpepe Pepe (New pilot)

14:00-16:00 = Madsheep Blacksheep Stolensheep

16:00-18:00 = Gilbertus Mentat Albans (Trainee)

Pilots:

Simon theViper Bull
Anny Divine Thundergirl
Conquistador Conq45 45
Hans Penguin Black
Tarcoula Stormdancer Uluru
Darwi Dar Odrade
Sir Darkpepe Pepe
Madsheep Blacksheep Stolensheep
Gilbertus Mentat Albans

Standby Pilots:

Anny Divine Thundergirl - in the vicinity of Sat. 21:00-01:00 Sun. 08:00-12:00 on Standby.
Grey Greyhair Sloth -Will be "the ironman" on standby basically 24/7 :computer:

Registrants:

Guestlist:
Simon theViper Bull
Tarcoula Stormdancer Uluru
Silas Nikopol Diegaeth
Conquistador Conq45 45
Bryan Hunt Mihara
Anny Divine Thundergirl
Harry Meric Darkstar
Varian Gabriel Wrynn
Hans Penguin Black
Qster Qster QQQ
Don Elthanis Armstrong
Victory Bell Bethaza
Fatum Wise Amarth
Pervis Scardemcrow Clarence
Lekha russian Pe
Grey Greyhair Sloth
Thaddeus Rusty Venture
Uther Uth Pendragon
Aj the-unknown Henry
Darwi Dar Odrade
Leonard GomerPyle Lawrence
Gilbertus Mentat Albans
Wight Wakerife Westerner
Sir Darkpepe Pepe
THE OLD NICK
Rick Tiberius Cyr
John Jow Mikalef

Subject to change till final roster in coming week.

Last edited:
Info

Hi guys,
i'm very interested in this project, but i need some information about it...

Its duration is really 24h skill up, i explain better, i must play for 24h?

I'm new in Calypso Universe and donno all places, can you explain bettere where is rendevou ?

My full name is
Fatum Wise Amarth

I hope to have some news from you :)
thanks for all :)

Having done a few of these so far I'll answer some of your questions.

No - you don't have to physically play for 24 hours. The point of this is to enable people to set things going and go AFK for some time.

How much time you actually spend is up to you.

If you are on Calypso then the summons from the mothership will get you on board.

Hi guys,
i'm very interested in this project, but i need some information about it...

Its duration is really 24h skill up, i explain better, i must play for 24h?

I'm new in Calypso Universe and donno all places, can you explain bettere where is rendevou ?

My full name is
Fatum Wise Amarth

Hey Fatum! :) Thankyou for your interest :) The short answer to your question is no. This is a project in "transition" at the moment so let me take a minute to explain it a bit for you and others who may not be familiar with the first iteration of it.

This project was founded with the satisfaction of several major, interlocking goals in mind. One of those goals was to restore a measure of the convenience we lost when the 0.0 repairs bug was fixed. Repair skilling is a valuable activity for many players. Newer players often use it to advance discipleship rapidly and graduate quickly. Some older players use it to advance some crafting related skills more quickly and economically than they can be by grinding low level blueprints at a crafting terminal.

Some months ago repair skilling was very easy to do almost completely afk, so it was a productive activity many people could do at times when they could afford little attention to the game. To be honest it was a bug that allowed that but hey :) It was nice and we used it. :) Once the 0.0 repairs bug got fixed afk repair skilling became much more difficult.

There were and still are many very effective (and appreciated!) repair skilling opportunities in the game and we do not see this project as a competitor to those, but an addition and enhancement.

The EFA family in general and Granny Rowan Render and the Kronan in particular, JBK and Bonnie of the ToS bunch and their legendary "Mandie", as well as Wizardo and his Pathfinder VX in concert with BIG Industries daily repair skilling events have all worked hard to offer the community opportunities to skill repairs. And done so admirably.

In addition to that we saw a potential need for a slightly different repair skilling opportunity. We believed there was room for a very focused, regular, plannable and very extended repair skilling opportunity that could not possibly be interrupted by other priorities such as hunts, VIP warps or regular schedules.

So, back to your question. No, you do not need to be online for 24 hrs to take advantage of this opportunity and in fact it was intentionally designed so that you would not need to even consider it. We have organized this such that the ship will be piloted for a full, uninterrupted 24 hour period every week and repair skillers are invited to partake of as much, or as little of that time as fits their schedule. You may come, skill for one hour and leave if that suits your plans or you can choose to get out the coffee pot and make a marathon out of it and use the whole 24 hours if that is what you want. What we are offering is an environment where a ship is available and has no other commitments other than good, solid, focused repair skilling for a full 24 hr block of time.

This affords advanced skillers an opportunity to plan ahead, sign up for a voyage or three, and knock out very significant bites of repair skilling and then go on to other game priorities rather than be forced to spend inordinate amounts of time trying to skill in small blocks of a few hours at a time.

So, please, feel free to come aboard, set up your avatar, go afk and skill til you drop :) And then leave again whenever your schedule demands it. Use as much or as little of the 24 hours as fits your plans.

I want to say a bit about the fundamental "values" that guided the development of this project. It is our belief that anything that is sustainable on a long term basis MUST provide some kind of "win" for every stakeholder in the project. There are basically four "stakeholders" in this project and the "win" for each is dependent on providing a "win" for each of the other three. The stakeholders are:

1. Repair skillers - Their win is a restoration of some of the skilling speed and afk convenience lost with
the 0.0 repairs bug fix.

2. The Ship Owner - The ship owner receives a regular income (however modest...thank you Kaylee:)) from
a very expensive asset via rental income.

3. The Pilots - Pilots receive an opportunity to skill some very valuable space related skills and get
valuable hours of experience piloting a Privateer or Mothership. They have several
choices of what to do with those skills which are of course a matter of personal choice,
but one of those options is to produce a modest income from inside the game.

4. The Commander - Last but far from least is the one who will be spending an incredible amount of time
organizing this each week and taking responsibility for making sure the service is reliably
available EVERY week. It is no small task and while few will fully realize the level of
effort it takes, it is massive, real and deserves a "win" just like every other stakeholder in
a "win, win, win" philosophy must be afforded. I will be addressing this in more detail in
the future as this area was lacking in the previous iteration and some minor "tweaks" in
the program are going to be outlined as we move forward with this transition and theViper
settles in as the new (and sole) "owner" of this effort.

As theViper noted in his first post I have been afforded other in-game opportunities that I wish to pursue and I will not have time for both those and managing these skilling runs. But I believe the project is worthy on many levels and I am very happy to see someone of theViper's integrity and ability willing to step up and take the project on, lock, stock and barrel.

To all of you who have been expressing interest in this during this transition, thank you for your patience :) I didn't do a good job of communicating to all of you exactly what was happening and what was on my mind, but I wanted to be sure that this got re-established in a STABLE and sustainable form once we got it rolling again. I believe that has been accomplished and look forward to seeing this service available to our fellow Entropians for a long time to come.

A final word. I LOVE space. Not so much for what it is, but for what it may one day be. Some of the tertiary goals I had in mind when I conceived of this project were:

1. To make space more accessible to more avatars early in their EU career, thereby:

a. Perhaps, increasing sales of Quads, Sleipnirs and Thrusters in particular to enhance demands for
for those items as well as RK-5 repair tools and welding wire. A balanced economy we all benefit from
is dependent on a vibrant and viable crafting community and frankly that could use some
improvement in this game.

b. To increase the traffic in and use of space, with the follow on effect (perhaps) of convincing MA
that spending the resources to develop space into what it could be is a worthwhile task.

c. To eventually give more reason for people to get properly equipped for hunting in space and learn to
enjoy that activity as a more significant element of this game than it currently is. It is my
speculation that if we can get more avatars in space earlier in their career, get them aboard an MS
or privateer for a first look early on, and dispel some of the "unknowns", perhaps even things
like VIP warps, MS or Privateer "Safari" hunts and other space related activities will be
enhanced.

d. To dispel some of the mythos pie-rats have managed to establish around themselves as some kind
of "scourge of the universe" :) Listening to some of the posts on this forum you'd think pie-rats
were some kind of deadly thing guaranteeing you will be eaten if you dare to step foot in space. It
ain't so folks :). There are common sense measures available to anyone willing to seek them out
and learn them that make pie-rats pretty much a non-issue. And they don't cost a pec. Pie-rats are
just examples of the human scum any community has to deal with and they're more of an irritant
than a real threat. A lot more like gnats than bumblebees :)

Will any of these tertiary goals every be realized? I dunno :) But thats the life of an idealist. Ya take the punt...and see what happens :)

Storm

Hi guys,

.....I'm new in Calypso Universe and donno all places, can you explain bettere where is rendevou ?..

To answer the second part of your question (absent a wall of text:)) the departure point for each skilling run will be Calypso.

You may not be familiar with how a "summons" works yet, but what will happen if you follow the instructions in the first post is, Kaylee will add you to the guestlist of the Varyag and then each skilling run will begin with a "summons" being sent to everyone on Calypso that is also already on the Varyag's guestlist.

When you recieve a "summons" from a capital ship a timed dialog box will appear in the upper right portion of your screen. You are given the option of accepting or declining that summons.

If you accept the summons you will be teleported to the ship immediately at no cost to you. Skillers and pilots are both invited to accept that summons to board the ship if that suits their plans.

I have not been privy to the exact plans theViper and Kaylee have worked out for summons but I *imagine* there will be more than one.

Very often an initial "summons" is sent which those who wish to travel with the ship can decline and then have a few minutes to check inventory, empty out lootable/stackable items into storage, pack up the supplies you need to take to space with you and be ready to accept a second summons which comes a few minutes after the first.

Alternatively skillers are free to fly out to Erebos and join the Varyag in mid-flight at any time they find convenient during the skilling run.

All participants are encouraged to store all lootables before accepting a summons to space. All of space is lootable PVP.

Last edited:
Skilling Project

Viper Count me in for next session. Name is Pervis Scardemcrow Clarenece. Summon me on Caly I am a lvl 15 Repair tech. Also interested in piloting, with the correct training, will be ready in short time.

a Warm welcome to all

Hi there guys

I am in awe of the great responce so far...a huge thanks from my side goes to my Executive officer for the great amount of effort that he has done...:yay: Stormdancer :yay:

There is still a lot that has to happen behind the scenes.All parties involved will have to work together to make this a successfull outing...Important: let us all enjoy the opportunity to get to know each other as well.

I note the interest of all who wanna join in this GREAT experience. :wtg:

a warm welcome to :

Silas Nikopol Diegaeth
Conquistador Conq45 45
Bryan Hunt Mihara
Anny Divine Thundergirl
Harry Meric Darkstar
Varian Gabriel Wrynn
Hans Penguin Black
Qster Qster QQQ
Don Elthanis Armstrong
Victory Bell Bethaza
Fatum Wise Amarth
Pervis Scardemcrow Clarence

Entered 22/07/14
Lekha russian Pe
Grey Greyhair Sloth
Thaddeus Rusty Venture
Uther Uth Pendragon
Aj the-unknown Henry
Darwi Dar Odrade

Entered 24/07/14
Leonard GomerPyle Lawrence
Gilbertus Mentat Albans
Wight Wakerife Westerner
Sir Darkpepe Pepe

Entered 25/07/14
THE OLD NICK

Entered 26/07/14

Rick Tiberius Cyr
John Jow Mikalef

Forgive me if I misspelled any of your names.

theViper :wise:

Last edited:
Skilling repire

I really want to participate in this venture:yay:. As a repairman:yay:. Can carry a running watch (if absolutely no one). Thank You in advance. Lekha russian Pe.

Add me to the roster please

Grey Greyhair Sloth. I expect to take the summons, and do the slow boat ride back, to Caly.

Thaddeus Rusty Venture

I can also put some hours in as pilot if there is a space needed, I have experience doing so.

Hi Viper :)
Good to see the project is back..
I was in Stormdancer's crew since the beginning and have a great deal of experience in piloting so please add me as a pilot/repairer.
See you soon :)
Cheers.

Hi Viper :)
Good to see the project is back..
I was in Stormdancer's crew since the beginning and have a great deal of experience in piloting so please add me as a pilot/repairer.
See you soon :)
Cheers.

Man good to see you back bro :) As one of our most talented pilots I hope we can call on you to help with training up a few new ones too. :)

Welcome home :)

Storm

Ofc mate, I'll do whatever I can to train a new class of Mavericks, Gooses, Vipers, Icemans (was watching Top Gun yesterday :)) esp due to the fact that i may be busy in RL (beach volleyball season) or in game (Eomon migration) and may have to skip a skilling weekend or two...
Looking forward to see the Crew again :)

Good luck with this project. :)
I would like to add as a reminder to all of you getting summoned up to space , remember to dump your stackables in planet storage , before you go up.

Just being on a mothership does not make your loot safe if you are carrying any.

Good luck with this project. :)
I would like to add as a reminder to all of you getting summoned up to space , remember to dump your stackables in planet storage , before you go up.

Just being on a mothership does not make your loot safe if you are carrying any.

Thank you very much for that Soreal. It is mentioned but buried in a long post... we will make sure that warning is more prominently displayed in next week's registration thread.

Very important advice...ty.

Storm

Edit: since you called it to my attention again I went back to the post I mentioned that in and gave it a bigger font size and turned it red to maybe catch attention better...ty again :)

Back