Help: Commando ideas appreciated!

cenwyn

Guardian
Cenwyn Casparian
Hey.

I am level 60.5 laser pistoleer (hit). Level 58.4 blp pistoleer (hit). Level 57.3 ranged laser (dmg).
I am almost maxed on Ewe EP-53 (laser pistol). 57/59 hits/min.
A few more shots and I have maxed the Zero-six (blp pistol).
I own a Beast amp and an A104.
I am lvl 33.7 evader and lvl 27.4 paramedic.

I have a dream. I want to reach Commando. Level 70. Are there any wise ones out there who have good advice on how to reach this goal..? Upgrades..? Mobs..? Dancing? I can do pole dancing. For sure. How hard can it be..?

Currently working mostly on allo/esto, rextelum, plongu and feffox missions.

Thanks.

I'm in a similar situation but keep getting side tracked with Melee and MindForce skilling.

My thinking is to grind, grind, grind at a DPS that you can sustain while hunting mobs which have missions that give skill chips related to your primary profession.

I'm in a similar situation but keep getting side tracked with Melee and MindForce skilling.

My thinking is to grind, grind, grind at a DPS that you can sustain while hunting mobs which have missions that give skill chips related to your primary profession.

For example, the Eviscerator Iron chain will end up giving you something like 180 ped TT of handgun. The mission chain is kill based and not points based so it's a pain in the ass but if you stick to Gen 1, you are dealing with a 900 HP mob that doesn't do a lot of damage so it's easy enough to kill a lot of them in a short period.

Yes, the Eviscerator mobs are definitely worth it. Will do that chain. I think I am on stage II so far, so faaar to go :) Feffox seems actually pretty worthless considering the goal, but since I had some luck on them recently, I continue.

Maybe better amps will help me? I am considering Dante, but still wonder if a better laser amp would be better for me. But which one..? A106? Not anywhere near the Dante...

Well, your Laser is already higher so I'd focus on that.

Have you considered switching to unlimited weapons? There are a lot of benefits.

A Ranked a Scorpion would fit you well.

...Maybe better amps will help me? I am considering Dante, but still wonder if a better laser amp would be better for me. But which one..? A106? Not anywhere near the Dante...

For eviscerator.

Don't forget to wear Thunderbird armor,
5E L Plates is a must (not even need to fap anymore).

* and for commando, stick to your main profession until your goal.
All other prof can wait.

I disagree.
This is an economics game not a skill counting(primarily) game.
Missions for the sake of skill rewards is an easy way to go broke and frustrated quickly.

Instead target the best markup average creatures you can hunt with mid to high (for your skills) DPS. (Enough HP that you are gaining skills while playing the real game(the economy)

Edit: in terms of skilling my ways may be unorthodox, but I switched entirely to melee when I was in the mid 50s blp. Now blp is 60 and short blades 61. I can carry a crapton and am ~197hp. With amps now I am set up with ~100 DPS unlimited and eco for ~20k ped. I couldn't do that with ranged and I wouldn't be building the early HP before commando either.

I disagree.
This is an economics game not a skill counting(primarily) game.
Missions for the sake of skill rewards is an easy way to go broke and frustrated quickly.

Instead target the best markup average creatures you can hunt with mid to high (for your skills) DPS. (Enough HP that you are gaining skills while playing the real game(the economy)

Edit: in terms of skilling my ways may be unorthodox, but I switched entirely to melee when I was in the mid 50s blp. Now blp is 60 and short blades 61. I can carry a crapton and am ~197hp. With amps now I am set up with ~100 DPS unlimited and eco for ~20k ped. I couldn't do that with ranged and I wouldn't be building the early HP before commando either.

You raise valid points about scraping the missions and hunting for MU

Back