Help! anyone used to working with android?

Society
Death Unlimited
Johan Roadkill Deadmeat
EDIT: solved!

okey long story short I purchased a phone and unaccustomed to the android system I when trying to do a system upgrade I downloaded some kind of CID instead which immediately sent my phone in to "this build is for developers only"

having 0 experience in this and having crash-coursed my way through a number of guides I've learnt that going back to stock should be relatively easy.

admittedly after gaining some basic knowledge following the steps didn't prove to hard however it didn't work.

so now we get to the real problem.... to fix my problem there are a number of other obstacles in my way I need some help with.

the phone is S-ON so the RUU I had to use would be the one already in use:
RUU_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.16.401.8_Radio_1. 11.50.05.28_10.27.50.08L_release_301814_signed_2_4

since that didn't work I could work my way around this by going S-OFF and chosing another RUU.

(I have not unlocked it via HTCdev which could be a problem but I can't open the "Unlock_code:bin" for some reason... after unlocking it I'm supposed to lock bootloader again but it could still be necessary to have it unlocked at first.
it will be necessary if I'm to chose another RUU)

this shouldn't also be too hard only that adb can not find my device. (fastboot does work, also adb not working could be one of the things making unlocking bootloader impossible... another is that the file seize from HTCdev is only 1kb which I'm not sure is correct, but I've tried the process twice and I'm still getting 1kb)

now this problem should be solved by enabling USB debug mode however the phone is still locked in the "this build" 20sec loop

things I've tried so far:

followed these guides to get back to stock:
http://androidforums.com/one-s-all-things-root/691874-guide-how-run-ruu-your-htc-one-s.html
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2678700

and tried this RUU as it matches what's in use: RUU_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.16.401.8_Radio_1. 11.50.05.28_10.27.50.08L_release_301814_signed_2_4

possible solution:
1. bootloader is supposed to be locked while running the RUU and I have not unlocked mine but it's possible that it needs to be unlocked in the beginning
2. adb lists no devices running the command promt but fastboot devices does work... enabling USB debugging could get the RUU to run

both of these presents 2 problems...I can't open "Unlock_code.bin" nor can I enable USB debugging without accessing my phone that is looping (unless some1 knows the proper command to enter)

trying to unlock bootloader going through the HTCdev process, arrive at "unlock_code bin"

1: type in "/k cd c:\" to switch from C:\Users\johan> to C: in cmd
2:C:\>adb\fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin (which gives error cannot open "Unlock_code.bin")

file is in C:adb along with:
adb.exe
adbwinapi.dll
adbwinusbapi.dll
fastboot
fastboot.exe

possible solution:
enable USB debug and get adb working propperly.
possible fault in entered command line, source fault? not sure Im too stupid.
file is located in C:\adb

alternative solution:
going S-OFF and trying another RUU but HTCdev unlock and adb needs to function for this aswell anyone else see the circle of evil here?

Boot screen looks like this:

HTC ONE S
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
hboot 2.15.0000
RADIO-1.11.50.05.28
open dps v31.1.0.45.0815
eMMc-boot

Last edited:
okey so PCF was my last resort but literary 10 minutes after I saw what was wrong and get my phone back to stock! :yay::yay:

positive note I've learnt enough to install a greater android update than what's available instead of the stock if I wanted to... and on the negative note I'm an absolute total twat for staring at the words "unlocked" for 5 days now and it dawned me just now that unlocking and unlocked bootloader is counterproductive...

fixing USB debugging is now possible aswell...

if anyone has similar problems or interested in for example installing kitkat on an older device I could point you in the right direction

Back