Question: So who is buying a stable?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Well with 13 days left 2 bids are in. One at 20k+1Ped and one strange one at 20k+1000Ped. I assume most are holding to the final few days to make their move. But really, how many players are going to actually bid?
There is a lot of contention about the price. Are they worth 20k or 100k?

Thoughts and who is seriously considering buying one?

silence speaks louder than words ;)

I would like one I think if I knew I would be able to log in often enough etc.. Also apprehensive of how much the bids will go up. I dont think it will be a big money spinner or anything but maybe a nice overall investment and from a gameplay perspective would be cool.

Well with 13 days left 2 bids are in. One at 20k+1Ped and one strange one at 20k+1000Ped. I assume most are holding to the final few days to make their move. But really, how many players are going to actually bid?
Those two?

Have you seen or heard about any interest in them? Have you yourself had any interest in them, given the almost complete lack of information from the seller (MA)?

There is a lot of contention about the price. Are they worth 20k or 100k?
With the almost total lack of information, I'd question if they are even worth 2k Remember the last "LA" on Calypso? The large area between Eudoria and Amathera (sp?)? The market spoke. It was worth not even close to the amount of money MA had expected to "extract" from its customers - and from my understanding MA totally failed to make the connection.

"Investing" in EU like this is purely speculation and gambling nowadays (with the intentional total lack of information), so I'd be surprised if more than these two "stables" will bring in even 20k PED.

Seriously, on something as "shaky" as EU you'd expect no more than 3 years ROI, if even that. How in the hell are you expected to earn 20k PED from something MA most likely won't ever support once they sold the things (judging by history)?

Had MA/Calypso (i.e. Kim) bothered to explain, in detail, both plan and what to expect in terms of implementation (and when), including payment from MA to customers when MA fails to deliver (by history, they will), things could possibly be a little different. But as it stands now? Even if I had 2 million PED fluid I wouldn't bid 20k on one of these likely-unused-to-be-placeholders-for-functionality, and so far it seems all but two persons in EU agree.

<hat=tinfoil on>Besides, is there any indication that the two having placed bids aren't MA or Calypso avatars?</hat>

Id' love to be proven wrong, but if history is an indicator...

next they release a dung generator.. add an graphic of the dung pile growing.. put a 20k price tag and still ppl of entropia would bid it

Well one stable on RT and the stable on cyrene have SB alraedy as well.

The final prize is hard to predict, there are a couple of people ingame that can puchase all the stables in one go, it all depends on how crazy some people will get. But if people spend money on compet deeds, they will do the same on stables, and i think the stable is a less risky purchase then the compet deeds.

I am guessing on 50k average sale price for the stables. But we won't know until the last minutes of the auctions.

The stable on cyrene is the most interesting imo. A planet with a growing population close tot caly and no competition. If I would bid on one, it would be that one.

The stable on cyrene is the most interesting imo. A planet with a growing population close tot caly and no competition. If I would bid on one, it would be that one.

If I had the cash I would bid for ark...

Those two?

Have you seen or heard about any interest in them? Have you yourself had any interest in them, given the almost complete lack of information from the seller (MA)?

With the almost total lack of information, I'd question if they are even worth 2k Remember the last "LA" on Calypso? The large area between Eudoria and Amathera (sp?)? The market spoke. It was worth not even close to the amount of money MA had expected to "extract" from its customers - and from my understanding MA totally failed to make the connection.

"Investing" in EU like this is purely speculation and gambling nowadays (with the intentional total lack of information), so I'd be surprised if more than these two "stables" will bring in even 20k PED.

Seriously, on something as "shaky" as EU you'd expect no more than 3 years ROI, if even that. How in the hell are you expected to earn 20k PED from something MA most likely won't ever support once they sold the things (judging by history)?

Had MA/Calypso (i.e. Kim) bothered to explain, in detail, both plan and what to expect in terms of implementation (and when), including payment from MA to customers when MA fails to deliver (by history, they will), things could possibly be a little different. But as it stands now? Even if I had 2 million PED fluid I wouldn't bid 20k on one of these likely-unused-to-be-placeholders-for-functionality, and so far it seems all but two persons in EU agree.

<hat=tinfoil on>Besides, is there any indication that the two having placed bids aren't MA or Calypso avatars?</hat>

î î î î î this! î î î î î

GG, WP :tiphat:

I think they're worth 20k peds to pet fans, and highly likely to resell at this price if the owner wanted to sell later.

Also they might be of interest to those that want their own personal pet training facility to out-train against the competition.

For income point of view, earnings seem limited to the number of stalls (un-upgraded). Maybe the main income will come from trading of pets via stables.

Personally view each stable if keen on bidding, some look bigger than others, and some appear not to have arenas. I like the Ithaca stable myself, although unlikely to bid. My money is on compet.

Would be cool toy for those that love pets though.

Happy bidding.

Reminder of the sale here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?263112-Stable-Estates

Rick

Well, the bidding always starts right at the end. No one wants to reveal their cards so soon and give others the opportunity to deposit more.

Wow. Until I saw this thread, I had completely forgotten about them.

I'm waiting for the one on NI before I bid. I want to tame some Papoos.

I wonder if the stables will generate tax, think about it.

I wonder if the stables will generate tax, think about it.
Financially I'd expect the stables to work much like an LA - with the possible difference that stable owners may not be able to set their own tax rate.

Considering they are on planets, I'd expect PP's to be in uproar if they didn't get a cut from this (from my understanding mandated) building. Ergo, they generate planet revenue. Wouldn't surprise me though if MA - the mothership - sneaked in something like "50% of stable revenue goes directly to us. Muahaha!". :)

Have any planet partners released any more info about the stables, or has any more info appeared anywhere other than the initial vague communication?

I just know they will release more stables "later". Whatever the initial profit might be, until the population grow very hard its expected to become less as soon mindark throw more stables at the market.

I just know they will release more stables "later". Whatever the initial profit might be, until the population grow very hard its expected to become less as soon mindark throw more stables at the market.

Yea, gotta wonder how a population can grow so fast, with the shitty servers we have more days after days.
It does not really help to get a growth when servers can not sustain the player base we have already.

Yea, gotta wonder how a population can grow so fast, with the shitty servers we have more days after days.
It does not really help to get a growth when servers can not sustain the player base we have already.

Couldn't agree more with you!

Plus the bug that don't allow us to add a new friend into the FL when the invite is sent with one of the parts offline. This bug is present since the new chat came! It's around five months now and I still can't add a RL friend that recently started to play again. My support case still open, they even answer that they can't delete the invite (invisible invite for me) or add my friend manually!

How is it supposed for us players to invest in stables and deeds that we don't really know how they will work if they can't even solve a bug in half a year?

Ahh and it's better to not talk about the changes of the maximum multiplier for a lot of activities that Mindark changed on the start of the year 2013 without a single info or warning in the vu notes. New players will not even notice it but it just removed the hopes for a lot of old players!

Those two?

Now that you were proven wrong in most of your assumptions i expect a comment of you, something like "sorry folks, i was wrong". Pick "the prophet troll" und do it together.

For those who are interested :

Calpso stables :

Port Atlantis = Jenna Star Mercury 61k.
Twin peaks = Matek Matek Barbods 62k.
Cape corinth = Eugenio Anhite Wilde 50k.
Nate Valley = Gandalf Szary 47k.
Fort ithaca = Kassandra Blackwidow Draconis 43k.
Emerald lake = Gunnar MRMp 42k.

Arkadia stables :

Celeste outpost = Maxihundred Max Power 56k.
Resolute firebase = Lady Nadie Hawk 50k.
Redoubtable firebase = Eugenio Anhite Wilde 50k.

Cyrene stable = Harmony Bella Simpson 52k.

Didnt follow toulan and rocktropia.

Last edited:
Now that you were proven wrong in most of your assumptions i expect a comment of you, something like "sorry folks, i was wrong". Pick "the prophet troll" und do it together.

For those who are interested :

Calpso stables :

Port Atlantis = Jenna Star Mercury 61k.
Twin peaks = Matek Matek Barbods 62k.
Cape corinth = Eugenio Anhite Wilde 50k.
Nate Valley = Gandalf Szary 47k.
Fort ithaca = Kassandra Blackwidow Draconis 43k.
Emerald lake = Gunnar MRMp 42k.

Arkadia stables :

Celeste outpost = Maxihundred Max Power 56k.
Resolute firebase = Lady Nadie Hawk 50k.
Redoubtable firebase = Eugenio Anhite Wilde 50k.

Cyrene stable = Harmony Bella Simpson 42k.

Didnt follow toulan and rocktropia.

cyr stable went for 51 or 52k one of RT stables was bought by narfi (both got sold in the 22kish range)

A lot of the same names over and over again in this game... :silly2:

I'm happy to see some high end tamers have stables, good look Max and Nadie hope it goes well, i shall frequent them :)

A lot of the same names over and over again in this game... :silly2:

Well to be fair it isn't like they looted them :) They paid hard earned cash, except for the drug lord, i will let you work out who that one is... :) just jokes.

Is taming even back?

Also.......it's hangers all over again.

I hope you get to use them before the next solar eclipse.

Is taming even back?

Also.......it's hangers all over again.

I hope you get to use them before the next solar eclipse.

Taming confirmed to be back before March 20, 2015.

cyr stable went for 51 or 52k one of RT stables was bought by narfi (both got sold in the 22kish range)

My group got the pair.
Cod for 22001
Tangerine for 23000
45001 total (we expected to pay that each)

My group got the pair.
Cod for 22001
Tangerine for 23000

Grats Narfi, you got in cheap :laugh:

My group got the pair.
Cod for 22001
Tangerine for 23000

Just out of curiosity, what is there on RT that could be tamed? I don't get over there much, but I don't remember many animals. Maybe you'll be able to tame zombies?

Maybe it wasn't a complete flop, but hardly a spectacular success, either. So I'm having a hard time seeing how either fanboys or trolls won this argument.

Back