Important Changes in EU by Year overview

Jennson

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Jennson Laudi Marakomm
Lately it happens quite often that people come to me or or write in Newbie chat, that they stopped playing a while ago and recently came back, followed by the question ehat changed since then. So i though i compile a list which lists key features added since VU10.

Disclaimer:
The list of features i collected is quite subjective and i might add more if someone feels an important point is missing ( For sure there are important points ). So if you miss an important feature feel invited to add a post and i will add that feature to the list. However you will easily notice i left out certain feature on purpose ( Like the new avatar system ) as although the feature changed something it didn't change anything compared to prior it's introduction. if you want a full overview about VU notes you can find them here. In the VU info forum section it can be found as well except planet specific content release which are not Calypso.

The appropriate place in forum would probably be Content Releases/VU info but as forum users are not allowed to create threads in there i post it in General discussion.

Info taken from : http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=VU

VU10 Cryengine update
Enhancer/ Tier system

Quest system
New Planet: Rocktropia
Mindforce reintoduction
Vehicles
Voice Chat
New Planet: Next Island
Introduction Newcomer zones

Reworked Mining system
New Planet: Arkadia
Fort event battles
Introduction Space
New mentor system
Beacons are back
Deed system introduced (CLD )
Achievment System introduced
Strength attribute gets a meaning
Ammo type merging ( Light, Middle and Heavy Armmo Merged to one )
Warp Capability for big Spaceships
Player register introduced

New planet: Cyrene
Treasure hunting
Reduced Auction Fees
Create Item Sets

Portable terminals
New moon: Monria
Auto loot pills
Melee Amps
Added "Evade" Message
Removed armor equip fee
Removed Decay and ammo when firing into the air
Removed decay + ammo use when attacking dead creatures except in PVP
Lowered Global threshold below 50 PED
All Items 3% Condition Limit
Skill bonusses + Customizable Skill progress indicator
Creatures do not disappear immediately after looting

New planet: Toulan
Game UI update
Arkadia Underground deeds introduced
ComPet Deeds introduced
Entropia Webshop introduced
Creature control system
Introduction Shrapnel
Taming stage 1
TT weapon sync:Universal comparable (L) on every planet TT now
Galactic Transport which allows risk free buying in auction from other planets implemented
Stables funtional again - Buffs connected with taming now
Explosive Ammo becomes craftable

Last edited:
Great post. Good for people claiming MA is doing nothing.

May be it is better to separate deeds: CLD, BAD, AUD, COMPET deed - they come in different years too

I would more like to see a list with the hidden things they changed, like lootsystem mining, mob evaded attack and such. You could call it list of nerfs :) or list of balancing.

I would more like to see a list with the hidden things they changed, like lootsystem mining, mob evaded attack and such. You could call it list of nerfs :)

These changes are not always documented and in sometimes even debatable if any change occured. ( E.G. mob evaded attack was just a refinement of the existing Missed message to be seperated into miss and evaded to give users a hint if they can optimize something ). However this would be a complete different topic imho, as this is only to give returning users an overview of changes due to VUs in certain years.

These changes are not always documented and in sometimes even debatable if any change occured. ( E.G. mob evaded attack was just a refinement of the existing Missed message to be seperated into miss and evaded to give users a hint if they can optimize something ). However this would be a complete different topic imho, as this is only to give returning users an overview of changes due to VUs in certain years.

Also nerfs are part of the changes, if you ask me, and an important part to some of us. Example when mob regen change, or a mob get harder to kill. Or when mining got changed, so everyone got V claims.. it have a lot more such important things. Show us both site, not only the goodies!

from Wikipedia

Development

In 1995, development of Entropia Universe (formerly Project Entropia) was started by two different groups - one in Sweden headed by Jan Welter Timkrans and one in Switzerland, headed by Benny Iggland. Initially taking place on the fictional Planet Calypso, the 2001 version used the NetImmerse 4 game engine. On May 20, 2002, the Commercial Open Trial began, and the game was available to the public. With Version Update 4.2 on 28 January 2003, the game was considered "Gold".

Some important additions to the game since have been:

4.2 28 January 2003 Personal storage system
5.3 24 November 2003 Housing system, space travel
5.6 5 April 2004 Mentor & Disciple system
5.7 1 June 2004 Crystal Palace Space Station
6.0 10 August 2004 New graphics engine (GameBryo)
6.1 6 October 2004 Amethera continent, Landgrabs
7.3 4 May 2005 Land Area Management, Auction Procurement Orders
7.5 1 July 2005 New avatar creation process, Beauty Professions
7.8 23 November 2005 Animal Taming
8.0 19 December 2005 Asteroid Space Resort
8.8 18 December 2006 Shopping Malls

In August, 2009, Version 10.0 was released, using the CryEngine 2 from CryTek. With the new engine, almost everything in the game required changes, including the overall land maps. This change was retconned into the storyline as attacking robots crashing their large spaceship into the planet, changing the land. There were some systems (like pets taming) that were disabled right after the implementation of the CryEngine; some of these was returned after a few weeks, when some took months or even years. There are still systems that were in place before CryEngine that have not yet returned at the start of 2013.

11.0.0 6 April 2010 New Planet (ROCKtropia)
11.2.0 21 June 2010 Vehicles
11.3.0 28 September 2010 Voice chat system
11.5.1 8 December 2010 New Planet (Next Island)
11.10.2 25 May 2011 New Planet (Planet Arkadia)
12.0 21 June 2011 Space
12.6.0 1 May 2012 New Planet (Planet Cyrene)
12.9 10 Dec 2012 VirtualTycoon mobile app released for Android devices

Great post. Good for people claiming MA is doing nothing.

May be it is better to separate deeds: CLD, BAD, AUD, COMPET deed - they come in different years too

I totally agree, there was quite some time between the different releases!
But so far a very nice list... +rep

Also:

January 2013: All the maximum loot multipliers were lowered to only around 10% from what it was before. Atrox for example no more can loot a 10k HOF even the high maturity ones and molisks and argonauts and many similar mobs have now a cap of 500 ped. The thrill is over for almost everything.

Also:

January 2013: All the maximum loot multipliers were lowered to only around 10% from what it was before. Atrox for example no more can loot a 10k HOF even the high maturity ones and molisks and argonauts and many similar mobs have now a cap of 500 ped. The thrill is over for almost everything.

Where is the link for this one please?

~Danimal

I am desperatly looking for the VU where the Global threshold was lowered. Does anyone have a hint for me ?

Also nerfs are part of the changes, if you ask me, and an important part to some of us. Example when mob regen change, or a mob get harder to kill. Or when mining got changed, so everyone got V claims.. it have a lot more such important things. Show us both site, not only the goodies!

Well i see your point. Just give me the location where i can add the link to the corresponding VU note and i will add it to the list.

BR

I am desperatly looking for the VU where the Global threshold was lowered. Does anyone have a hint for me ?

Few weeks after they nerf the maximum loot multiplier for every thing in game... start of year 2013.

VU 14.1

Last edited:
Where is the link for this one please?

~Danimal

I still waiting for it also. But one year and half after everything got capped it is clear that it really happened, in some cases the maximum loot multipliers suffered a reduce of 20x. But in most cases it is only a 10x reducion!

Don't need much, just open the tracker and check the uber loots list for mobs like atrox, argonaut, molisk...

Few weeks before they nerf the maximum loot multiplier for every thing in game... start of year 2013.

Is this from rumors and hearsay or was there actually a release note/update note that stated "We have effectively changed the loot algorithm to give you less of a multiplier and less loots"? Where is the link for this?

~Danimal

I still waiting for it also. But one year and half after everything got capped it is clear that it really happened, in some cases the maximum loot multipliers suffered a reduce of 20x. But in most cases it is only a 10x reducion!

Don't need much, just open the tracker and check the uber loots list for mobs like atrox, argonaut, molisk...

Just because nobody is hunting those mobs right now does not mean those loots are "reduced"... it takes a substantial amount of mob kills in order to effectively say "Oh yea this mob no longer loots 10k loots". Until I see some sort of release note or patch note stating otherwise I do not believe these claims of a reduced loot pool algorithm.

~Danimal

Just because nobody is hunting those mobs right now does not mean those loots are "reduced"... it takes a substantial amount of mob kills in order to effectively say "Oh yea this mob no longer loots 10k loots". Until I see some sort of release note or patch note stating otherwise I do not believe these claims of a reduced loot pool algorithm.

~Danimal

IMO they wouldn't put a loot nerf in patch notes.

~Danimal

like the atrox that had over 10 k per week even if poeple dont hunt them often now we should get one at least every month 6 month

what did poeple stop hunthing that much they lower the loot global so you dont see the total loot lowered on tracker

IMO they wouldn't put a loot nerf in patch notes.
Yes ofc there was no official announcement, and i doubt they never admit this publicly. Althou it was actually a direct response to the demands from majority of the playerbase...

The cap itself is a solid fact thou. EL gives us enough statistical data nowadays to prove it beyond a doubt. I mean, just the fact that multipliers are capped now, that the cap actually exists.
If u wanna go deeper into subject however and figure out, for example, if there's only one universal maximum that applies to all mobs or if there's several different, those things are still debatable imo.

2008: Armor foot gaurds , clothes and armor equip fee , increased HP regen on Atrox , Allophyll , estophyll

(pls correct me if im wrong)

Feeling super lazy so i won't provide links atm but here are some other important changes.

Yeah foot guards introduction was important, but before VU10. If we're trying to cover that period as well we have the last major skill nerf, as well. I believe it was end of year 2007. Perhaps i'll look for it later if no one wants to fish up the thread where we show the before and after skill level--> tt plot.

Other relevant changes were that HA starts at 4 for non-sib weapons instead of 0 a couple years ago. However this is largely a red herring because of the following...

The point where the old weapon bp components (BTAUs, etc.) stopped dropping is important, because it marks the end of the first* generation of (L) weapons, and the beginning of the second*, which was characterized by higher professional requirements for the same damage, but also higher dpp. I don't think i was active at the time so someone else will have to chime in when that was. This is notable for many reasons, among them are:
  • it was the first time that an entire group of expensive blueprints was rendered completely useless (one might say it's the point where MA showed they were not going to try to preserve expensive investments on things they previously had kept elite/rare, a policy they had largely followed to that point)
  • this change has rendered (this is still in progress but largely complete) almost the entire range of non-SIB weapons useless and valueless, a process begun long ago when the opalo was introduced, but not completed until both higher dps and higher dpp (and to a lesser extent similar range) SIB options were available for 99.9% of non-SIB weapons.
  • this change also marked the obsolescence of manufacturing as a major profession. Again this is obviously subjective but there's no doubt that it resulted in large reductions in both loot markup and the number of manufactured goods consumed in PEDs. The increased risk that investing in top BPs now represents given the lack of protection by MA is another negative pressure on the profession.

The sale of CP and its conversion to a taxed LA had a significant impact on gameplay for many.

And yes, the mob regen transition was very important for gameplay as well.

I would argue that the several nerfs to avatar regen and the recent introduction of buffs represent an important shift, although not a sudden one. (link in my sig)

*One could argue it was second and third, etc. but there has been most notably two generations of (L) SIB weapons, with the first ended by the change in loot tables that eliminated BTAUs etc. and thus obsoleted most weapon BPs.

I forgot to mention that the introduction of amp upgrades and the concurrent re-introduction (again, somewhat debatable but effectively it was) of A-series amp drops was another important event, because it was another manifestation of the change in the markup protection policy. This is when the new upgraded BLP amps showed up, and this also coincided with the introduction of the first major dungeon (Cyclops Depths).

Both TEN and SGA are important because of the new UL gear that was introduced, perhaps most notably the UL launchers with SGA and the arson chips with TEN. (And DoT weapons are a significant change to gameplay options).

There's no "loot cap" as rumored, but the highest multipliers have been reduced in frequency.

Ideas that I have immediately after reading quickly all posts ;

• Fail sell of Medusa Island,
    which resulted in all players losing skills when they log off (for a good 8 months in a row).
  • New ammo system (bye bye light & medium ammo)
  • New ammo system #2 : ammos are divided by 100 (but MA took some time to re-adjust loots...)
  • New Miss features : Miss & Target Evaded Attack
  • Scanning Profession "modified" in the profit of new disciple system (sept 2011)

EDIT :
  • New with the VU 10 : an auto-toggle key is made (for years MA told us auto tools were forbidden)
  • Our hill climbing ability have been considerably reduced (classic MA to decrease our abilities)
  • We can rise our stamina (new in VU10, anyway, whatever value brings nothing better - 4hp/20s)
  • New Sweat System with a noisy tool (no more concentration phase during the sweat process)
  • Now all Mindforce attack weapons do not use Mind essence anymore
  • Now some special Mind essence for MF attack chips can be found like ammo at the TT (SME)
  • We are receiving damages (hp decrease) from falling
  • Mobs are turning while we shoot at them (the perfect feature to lose considerable time in auto shooting, particularily with stamina mobs like feffoids, atrox...).
  • New Miss feature : Mobs now push us (again the perfect feature to make us heal less/die faster/increase stamina regen from mobs/avatar die/you are so creative...).
    Notice that certain mobs like the Shinkiba, Eomon, and several others are not solid and you can cross them.
  • Treasure hunting, new unqiue profession at arkadia only
  • NINJA respawns (... and you dare to accuse the players to be cheating ????)
  • Umbranoids M/F are still missing since VU10 until today.
  • Calamusoids M/F are still missing.
  • Fort Isis / new TP (where the area really looks like "Avatar-the game")
  • New Dance Posture "Gangnam Style"
  • New "safe" Bubble (Log in, Teleport, revive)
  • Sparckles above loots (certainly for better vision)
  • New arrivals for new players (Gateway)
  • Instance Systems (Mayhem, the Core, Cyclops, Halloween)
  • Robots give evade, but falxangius still give dodge (understand who can)
  • /pos : give position on the map (i must admit, a cool feature - yes it happens sometimes)
  • Feffoid do not do Electric damage anymore (+impact), but Cold + Impact

Last edited:
Few weeks after they nerf the maximum loot multiplier for every thing in game... start of year 2013.

VU 14.1

It was when we got the modified loot. Then introduced MA decreased number of globals and hof.

Changes to how you fight for Land Areas!
The auctioning of items from avatars that were locked for yeaaarsss!
Items with new buffs other than the old school lasers/scopes!

Will you keep the list to what happened after VU 10.0??
Will this list only contain events manufactured by MA or also massive achievements/events caused by players?
There are for sure some events that one would like to know of which are not entirely because of MA.

Wow there are so many things that has happened throughout the years. :eyecrazy:

Also:

How does one know this to be fact? is there somewhere in release notes or developers notes that specifically states these cap limits? I agree that large loots from some mob seem to have become more of a rarity, but how do we know this for certain?

no particular order

changed the way armor and plates work ( some say a correction, some say nerf)
mining return change, globals rare, return without global is 65-70% (usually cycle 2-3k in L5 amps, with no global)
crafting collapse
SIB weap UL weaps drop and second gen L SIB wea
Starter packs
newbie arrival area
disciple system back
missions
beacons back
New planets, with NI failure, Rock server reduction
Space and all its screw ups, summons abuse, PVP exploits, speed hack, unlimited 0.0 skilling, etc etc
Planet partner controllable mobs, PP able to spawn mobs, etc
Uber boss mobs
Shared loot mobs
vehicles, first no movement decay, now some have it
vehicles could then could not be in pvp, exclusion zones, etc
melee amps
token brokers, MA selling items direct
Attribute brokers
CLD, and other investment share systems
CND sale, CP sale, medusa sale,
new servers connecting eudoria to amethera
Huusk! and being Huusk'd
TI landscaped
Corinth server landscaped
Hades crater landscaped
Hangers back
thorofoid undergound area
introduction of adj,mod, imp armor plates
camping of the boss mobs on CP and their timers
esi drop rate reduced

How does one know this to be fact? is there somewhere in release notes or developers notes that specifically states these cap limits? I agree that large loots from some mob seem to have become more of a rarity, but how do we know this for certain?

well have u seen a 10k ped argo young lately? it doesnt actually require many braincells to see thru these caps..

Back