Melee amplifier BUG

Sub warp

Young
I recently purchased one of the new melee amplifier (Trauma IV).
I own a philosopher and an archon longblade and was really frustated to see that i can't attach the Trauma amplifier on those blades !!

The item description speek for itself !! :

This amplifier employs high-voltage electrical pulse waves to increase the damage of any melee weapon to wich it is attached

Mindark, could you please fix that BUG please, thanks! :)

To be fair, it says "to which it is attached", not that it can be attached to any melee weapon :silly2:

More specifically, if I remember correctly the melee amps does not work on the NI weapons because there is a little ticker box that the PP has to tick in for it to work?

This was discussed in an earlier thread. The Next Island weapons need to be set to be able to accept the amp before it can be used, and there's no longer a Next Island dev team.

In any case the NI melee weapons were unbalanced and i expect/hope they don't get changed. They're already "too good", especially for their rarity.

It's not inconsistent by the item description as Nighthawk says, because nowhere does it say it can be attached to any melee weapon, just that it will add damage to any it is attached to.

To be fair, it says "to which it is attached", not that it can be attached to any melee weapon :silly2:

hehe, you are playing with words ;)

Then read the last Release Notes of VU 14.7.4 :

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...263134-Entropia-Universe-14-7-4-Release-Notes

"Additional melee amplifiers, both limited and unlimited, have been introduced that can be attached to any melee weapon and Enhance their damage."

It can't be more clear :)

More specifically, if I remember correctly the melee amps does not work on the NI weapons because there is a little ticker box that the PP has to tick in for it to work?

Then it should be easy for the dev to fix that BUG :)

Last edited:
If those notes were indeed accurate then there is something that needs to be updated on the back end for the Next Island weapons. Since MA took over that planet due to the NI owners not having their financing sorted out, NI is now a "Calypso Outpost" so probably it would be the Calypso Dev team that would update it.

If, and it might not happen, but if the NI blades can eventually take an amp, here are the tier 0 stats for the Archon

Archon w/ Trauma IV 3.026 DPP and 44.82 DPS
The Trauma VI is too big but it's 2.979 DPP and 48.81 DPS

I came up with these numbers using the Weapon Compare tool on Entropedia.info and I have of course changed it back so in that site the amps can't be attached to the Archon.

The description should definitely be changed. Something like: Due to the extreme difference between modern and ancient technology, weapons from ancient Greece can not use amplifiers :)

hey, can somebody buy NI and tick the box?

thx

I definately think they should make it possible to fit the amps to the NI swords, even if they are slightly too eco. At the end of the day people have waited years for melee amps, with the pretense being that you can fit the amp to your melee weapon, so to turn around and say, "oh no you cant use it on those because xxx" is just not on.

Since I have one, I completely agree: Archon's sword should be amp-able. It's not like there's an unlimited supply of them.

Since I have one, I completely agree: Archon's sword should be amp-able. It's not like there's an unlimited supply of them.

There is unlimited supply of them...nevertheless big shall be fixed asap. Melee amp is melee amp.

P.S. There is no reason to not allow atach BLP amps on ADJ V1 too....

This amplifier employs high-voltage electrical pulse waves to increase the damage of any melee weapon to wich it is attached

You only read the part you want?

How about this:

The description is correct
It increases the damage of any melee weapon it is attached to, and you cannot attach to the Archon!

I recently purchased one of the new melee amplifier (Trauma IV).
I own a philosopher and an archon longblade and was really frustated to see that i can't attach the Trauma amplifier on those blades !!

Mindark, could you please fix that BUG please, thanks! :)

The Archon and Philospher blades are time travel blades. They work and were created from blueprints from Ancient Greece.

Now, I could be wrong here. But nothing in my history books talked about being able to put an amp on a sword. :)

Then again, we can tier those blades, and that wasnt mentioned in history either.

I believe that Genesis Niflheim is bugged, because I cannot bring it to Ancient Greece! Fix that bug, too.

There is unlimited supply of them...nevertheless big shall be fixed asap.

No, there are only a limited number of archons swords in existence and no more can be crafted because the materials (cacoxenite if I recall correctly) was removed from the loot pool. That's what I mean by limited supply. If you mean the blades themselves are UL, then yes the ones in existence can be used an unlimited number of times.

sell philo, hero, archon, get electrifier sword, immolation sword and shagadi sword.

FYI, ROCKtropia melee weapons can't take the amps either at this moment.

Katsuishi series of swords and Katana's are also "natural blades" no electro energy etc involved, and i bet they can handle those amp. Comments of ppl who says that it's not shall be alowed on some blades comes mostly from ppl who don;t use melee much, who don't know pain of skiling close combat and waiting for YEARS for promised amps, who just afraid of eco melee competition devaluating bit their guns, or who just fell bad satisfaction when other are treated unfair.

No, there are only a limited number of archons swords in existence and no more can be crafted because the materials (cacoxenite if I recall correctly) was removed from the loot pool.
As well as cyclops heads, unless it takes more than 30k to cycle to loot one.

But what do we know, maybe they don't drop because someone hoarded them all in storage and control the otherwise unlimited supply :)

No, there are only a limited number of archons swords in existence and no more can be crafted because the materials (cacoxenite if I recall correctly) was removed from the loot pool. That's what I mean by limited supply. If you mean the blades themselves are UL, then yes the ones in existence can be used an unlimited number of times.

Seems you pretending to know how loot systems works, interesting.

There was lot of item marked by comunity "no longer drops" which droped sudenly. All is matter of time or MA will.

Seems you pretending to know how loot systems works, interesting.

There was lot of item marked by comunity "no longer drops" which droped sudenly. All is matter of time or MA will.

i can confirm that it seems some materials which were needed to craft those swords no longer drop..for example cyclops head and the said crystals.

one doesn't have to be a mastermind or know how loot system works to see if some material gets removed from mob drop list..when was last time you got ATAU?

But what do we know, maybe they don't drop because someone hoarded them all in storage and control the otherwise unlimited supply :)

sure thats possible too...

but i think MA had an obvious reason to remove those mats

Last edited:
but i think MA had an obvious reason to remove those mats
Guess we'll know for sure soon. We've being told that only PPs can turn on the amps and MA can't interfere, but at the same time MA plans an overhaul of NI, so this excuse doesn't work anymore. When they're done, if amps still don't work - we'll know MA really wants for the AG swords to sink into oblivion :)

Not all, 1183 Cyclops Head 40 0.40 PED STORAGE (Next Island)

But I'm sure plenty people got some stored.

Do toulan and cyrene swords work?

Can't speak for Toulan, but Cyrene Gear works with amps as well as Arkadian stuff

Its not a bug, and has been communicated several times, NI blades suffer from not having a PP crew, since the PP crew are the ones who has to set the attribute on their items....

And Archons has been crafted in the hundreds, maybe even thousands. So yes it is as if there was an unlimited supply.

Before you buy something , please conduct research.

Archons has been crafted in the hundreds, maybe even thousands. So yes it is as if there was an unlimited supply.

Looking at the sales data, I find that pretty hard to believe. Do you have other evidence?

they made amp for mele weapond all should be included if there not they should have said so before making them availeble

if the mele weapond is more eco that the mm gun i see no problem

fwiw,

I think there are 150-200 archons ingame.. 2 ul bps of which blue made around 80 or so and kitten i think made around the same..rest were from L bps looted for archon..

Personally, i dont think 3+ eco on melee changes anything as the effective eco including armor/fap decay is already increased for melee due to close quarter combat.. What eventually matters( imo) is the effective eco of which the dpp is only 1 part of the equation..

I dont see why NI swords cant be amped in future once the MA team gets around to it..

Back