Melee amplifier BUG

Personally, i dont think 3+ eco on melee changes anything as the effective eco including armor/fap decay is already increased for melee due to close quarter combat.. What eventually matters( imo) is the effective eco of which the dpp is only 1 part of the equation..

And they have the significant drawback of not being able to pull mobs from distance. After including extra armor costs, it makes sense to me that blades should be a little more eco than ranged weapons. Making the amps attachable to Archon's would only increase the eco by 1%.

And they have the significant drawback of not being able to pull mobs from distance. After including extra armor costs, it makes sense to me that blades should be a little more eco than ranged weapons. Making the amps attachable to Archon's would only increase the eco by 1%.

Yeah exactly :yup: start changing all the stats to make swords more eco than their counterparts MA :laugh:

FYI planet owner needs to set if a item can take attachment or not and seeing as there's no planet partner team running that one now....

MA can simply do that too...they just dont want course they are greedy

I propose all interested meele users to simply spam support about that. It is within MA range to solve that - all depend on their good will anyway.

Look at the eco you would get with those blades amped. Look at the dps, eco and level requirement. Then think twice, you say "fix it" I think it would be broken as hell if NI blades took amps. After all, some ranged weapons cannot take amps (hello ravenger mini sweeper) and that's ok with everyone, why should all melee weapons take an amp?

You say melee should be more eco because of range etc etc.. but nobody is stopping you from using something with range and then switching to melee when the creature is up close.

Should the ranged users make a thread about how they are getting less hp than melee users? or what?

Damn.

Fix the Ravenger Mini-Sweeper series too, with all the new weapons being introduced with higher than 60 atks per minute that CAN use Dante/Evil amps, why shouldn't they be able to? Still no scopes for them, but I'd allow a laser sight to go on it too.

Also, I wonder if NI is for sale yet... Think MA will just put the planet deed on global auction eventually?

Should the ranged users make a thread about how they are getting less hp than melee users? or what?

Damn.

Depend on angle of wiev.

At strenght 100 melee hunter will have 5 hp more and that in case if we suppose that he gain it naturaly.
After 100 is almost imposible to raise strenght naturaly so melee user will raise strenght just like ranged hunter did it all the time- with missions.
Because of missions we cant count attributes as exclusive to one proffession or another.

Ranger users have following hp giving skills at disposition : Handgun, Heavy_Weapons, Rifle, Weapons_Handling, Spacecraft_Pilot

Rest of hp giver skills are shared in both professions as combat skills and general skills.

Melee users have only one single skill as exclusive hp giver and that is Melee Combat.

My question is:
Why amps and why not better weapons or why enhancers and not better weapons?
Im wrong to think that any excuse is good to not inplement more wariety, better eco and higher DPS weapons?

Katsuishi series of swords and Katana's are also "natural blades" no electro energy etc involved, and i bet they can handle those amp. Comments of ppl who says that it's not shall be alowed on some blades comes mostly from ppl who don;t use melee much, who don't know pain of skiling close combat and waiting for YEARS for promised amps, who just afraid of eco melee competition devaluating bit their guns, or who just fell bad satisfaction when other are treated unfair.

I've amped a Katsuishi so yes, they can handle a melee amp :)

I recently purchased one of the new melee amplifier (Trauma IV).
I own a philosopher and an archon longblade and was really frustated to see that i can't attach the Trauma amplifier on those blades !!

The item description speek for itself !! :

This amplifier employs high-voltage electrical pulse waves to increase the damage of any melee weapon to wich it is attached

Mindark, could you please fix that BUG please, thanks! :)

IMHO not a bug!

You marked the wrong part!

Important is: to wich it is attached

If you can´t attach, it can´t amplify!

Would be usefull to have a colum in Entropedia, Amp (yes/no), as there are ranged guns aswell that can´t take amps.

Back