Help: Mining Help.

Moignus

Young
Society
Miners Elite
Kyle Cabret Brigance
So I want to start mining, but I don't know where to start. What finder should I use? How much should I deposit? Where should I mine? How can I possibly break even or lose minimal PED? :mad::mad::mad:

I'm curious I want to start mining, but I don't know how and where to begin.
[Below are my current mining skills as of 7/22/2014]

Artefact Preservation :Newbie: -9 Points-
Drilling :poor: -23 Points-
Geology :Mediocre: -102 Points-
Metallurgy :Newbie: -1 Point(s)-
Mining :Unskilled: -145 Points-
Precision Artefact Extraction :Newbie: -Points 4-
Prospecting :Green: -193 Points-
Surveying :poor: -38 Points-
Treasure Sense :poor: -20 Points-
:lolup: :lolup: :lolup:
These currently are every single one of my skills under the mining tab. (I figure it will give you all a little help at leading me on what to do)

I just got back from Entropia Universe after a well deserved break. [Wasn't doing too hot] So I'm curious on where should I start, I definitely want to do go down the mining profession.

Any help would be appreciated even if you're a hunter. :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

TL;DR I want to know how to mine :confused: :confused: :confused:
My skills suck/poor.
Please help.

I would recommend starting off with the rookie finders from the tt, use them till you have a bit of level (3 probe vs 30). Mining is a slow process but can be fun, just have protection from mobs while doing it.
You will only be able to mine energy and minerals on Caly. Depending on where you are there are some areas to try mining. In the Port Atlantis area a good area is by the north swamp camp, or along the road to it.
Note where you have the hits and work the areas on a daily basis. LBML is also a good tool.

I would also recommend beginning with TT tools, the TT extractor is decently eco and speedy enough for unamped mining. Work your way up the F-10x finders until you can use the f-105 maxed out pros/surv.

The key to being successful at mining is to have a good amount of bankroll to get yourself through the low-swings, and knowing where to find good average resources. I typical recommend a liquid pedcard of at least 1k to mine unamped, planetside only. If you're a depositor, it's always better to make a larger deposit with a game plan rather than continually making mini-depos and becoming discouraged.

I also recommend only mining for ores in the beginning. Ores typically have much higher markup than most enmatter, and you need an average of 112% to break even unamped, mining for ores makes this much easier to achieve while you map out good markup locations.

For external aids, Little Big Mining Log is very useful for beginning miners in finding the correct distance between drops and for mapping resources. http://www.mininglog.com/

I also recommend watching a lot of PigBenis' videos on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEQ42ksixPpdEJS69usm05g

If you need any further help feel free to pm me! GL and hof big!

Reactions: Pig
I would recommend starting off with the rookie finders from the tt, use them till you have a bit of level (3 probe vs 30). Mining is a slow process but can be fun, just have protection from mobs while doing it.
You will only be able to mine energy and minerals on Caly. Depending on where you are there are some areas to try mining. In the Port Atlantis area a good area is by the north swamp camp, or along the road to it.
Note where you have the hits and work the areas on a daily basis. LBML is also a good tool.

Like Genesis Rookie Finder? What level should I switch to the F-101? And how many ped runs should I do 10-15? Also Ore and enmats?

I mean't with the Genesis Rookie Finder.. The one I think he told me to use.

ah.

get a rookie terramaster in that case - UL

and mine EVERYWHERE - use LBML (mininglog.com) and track your runs - toggle run/walk and WALK your mining runs to find fruit/stones along the way

many an interesting afternoon was had in my earlier days (last year heh) doing rookie runs throughout calypso

Back