Clothing... Some thoughts.

Kaotic85

Guardian
Society
Aussie Entropians
Kryto, KaoticFaith, Rarman.
Greeting everyone,
So I've only been playing since 2010 well had some breaks here and there but there is one thing that I have noticed about clothing... the only seem's to be high priced clothes and most people are not going to have the PED's to just go and buy clothes simply to look good. I do know that if one is to buy a low TT value item it's gonna cost less but the mark up on there items is still quite high for beginner, then one will have to repair the item to make it look its best. Yes we all get the colonist gear but it starts looking like some sort of desert camo and once fully repaired is yellow with black stripes, Does this make sense to you?:scratch2:?

I can only think of a few different options or thoughts in getting the Galaxy of Entropia Universe looking sexy...

#1 New BP's with low item TT and MU, even new loot that the puny mob would drop so that the beginner could even help to gather materials, maybe only make them low resolution textures and basic colors?

#2 I like to say something like one piece of clothing per stage of the mob iron challenge's. make the clothing textured the same as the mob and color no changes able to be made.

#3 Overhaul to the clothing pricing / materials needed etc.

#4 Giving me clothing free OR some extremely low mark up...

Not to sure if this is just due to the fact that I totally not willing to pay a possible $50 to $100 real dollars maybe more. Think about it :scratch2: is a set of clothing worth 500 - 700 PED?:eyecrazy: Ill bet I paid less for my full set of Nemesis armour than some clothes.

What are you willing to pay for even a basic set of say, pants or shorts, T or shirt, shoes or boots, coat and hat or eyewear? Also what are your thoughts on this?

Peace out.
KrytoKFR.

I have 2 Sets of clothing. Both were made by self collected items ( mostly through auc ).

Well for one set i still don't wear my jeans, because it looks f****d up since avatar update. All in all the set costed me well over 1k PED ( The jeans alone was +400 back then ). Personally i am fine with the price, as long as a sudden change doesn't render unusable what i bought it for. But since it is not repaired for > 1 year now even 1 PED is too much paid for clothing imho.

I won't buy any clothes in EU anymore since that day.

Well I dont think you can make loads of new cool looking stuff in abundance to drive the MU down. This would be totally wrong as it would crush the MU of the high end stuff which people have gained skill to be able to craft them. This is would totally undermine the point of skilling and "investing2 in your avatar, so most likely is what will happen as MA love to do that with different professions.

You may get some though just check out Toulan clothing.

But what is wrong with getting basic pants/shirt and a nice texture/coulour? Will be cheap and look fine, how you want so what is wrong with that? If you want a big coat, and glasses and rare stuff then yeah it will be expensive. But if cool clothes is easy for anyone to acuire then what is the point in the tailor profession? Boom, another profession hits the dust...

is a set of clothing worth 500 - 700 PED?
I remember spending on my tantardion set (master coat, kolor jeans, paris jacket, etc) about 2.5k back in 2006 - at the moment it was my 3-4 months worth hunting budget, didn't hesitate a second. The whole point of clothes is to stand out of the crowd. When everyone wear awesome clothes, one could as well start walking naked :)

Anyway, with clothes currently being ruined for over a year, I rarely take off armors.

It varies. Some people are willing to pay thousands of ped to make their avatar look good. Others wouldn't pay even 50 ped. Often, the biggest cost of great looking clothing is actually the coloring and texturing costs... and that's merely a factor of texture TT and MU and you can't get it lower unless planets release new low TT, low MU paints and textures.

The reason planets don't come out with super cheap, awesome looking clothes and textures is because they are trying to maintain value of existing items. Another reason is that the game depends on decay for its income and clothes that are very cheap generate virtually no decay (clothes are UL so not many need to be made).

As for toulan clothing, some are cheaper than others... here's the motamared outfit, which cost over 500 ped to make:

outfit.jpg

Now I need a bow and arrow.

Last edited:
The low end stuff shouldn't be free. Cheap, yes, but not free. Why should everyone in EU look good without putting in any effort? It's not meant to be a huge happy fashion show, this is a world full of blood, tears and... ahem... sweat.
Don't like the way u look? Well, then do something about it. That's called "a motivator", the force that makes the world go round. U don't want to kill the motivators, that's not a smart thing to do.

The high end stuff is worth exactly as much as ppl are willing to pay for it. Certain items are considered status symbols and valued accordingly.
Why would anyone want to change that? Make them cheaper so that the poor guy can get em as well? Well but then they're not status symbols any more. Any change in this area defeats it's purpose.

Well, there actually is another, and pretty easy way to bring the prices down to more "reasonable" level - make them look ugly and leave em rot with all the bugs for years. That one is already in the works...

Why stuff like clothes and ability to sit down are so low on MA's priority list is beyond me. Prolly they think like: Oh those ppl who don't wear armors are freeloaders they're not cycling any peds. So it's all secondary, unimportant, we'll prolly fix those things sometime in next 10 years... or maybe never.

And that's stupid. Shortsighted and stupid.

It varies. Some people are willing to pay thousands of ped to make their avatar look good. Others wouldn't pay even 50 ped. Often, the biggest cost of great looking clothing is actually the coloring and texturing costs... and that's merely a factor of texture TT and MU and you can't get it lower unless planets release new low TT, low MU paints and textures.

Yeah, the biggest problem is the high TT values needed for the textures and colors in combination with the high TT value in some of the cloth.

My solution to cheaper cloth and also better tailoring profession:

1. Big decrease in tt values on cloth and the textures needed.
2. Make all cloth limited as standard and make them "perfect condition" as long as they have at least 90% of the tt value left.
3. Also maybe increase the decay on the cloth.

My believe is that even if players hate limited items and decay, I think that are needed and best for the game in the long run. The economy of EU would be better if we had more "use, discard and buy new" items, because it creates a better demand on items and creates a healthier economy.

Clothings?

If you ask me, they are fine as is...

There's cheap clothings for the general public and there's expensive ones for the high class peeps. Whatever you choose to wear is what your willing to pay for.

There's plenty out there for you to find something that defines you and makes you what you are. Something that you can identify yourself with.

entropia_clothings.jpg

Just like those peeps in this screenshot...

(Do I look fabulous? Most definitely not...compared to the others in the screenshot. But I definitely don't look too shabby imo. Not to mention that the shirt and skirt only costs me like under 200 peds tops?)

So go on! Find the combination of clothings that suits your style the best. I'm pretty sure its out there somewhere...waiting for you.

:dance::cheer::pimp::nutkick::dj:

(However, I do agree that MA should ought to fix those darn clothing bugs though...some fellas out there paid a good chunk of peds for them.)

2. Make all clothES limited as standard and make them "perfect condition" as long as they have at least 90% of the tt value left.
3. Also maybe increase the decay on the clothES.

And in the process kill off the need to skill colouring and texturing professions because people won't want to have high lvl stuff applied to (L) clothing.

There are loads of options out there atm, much more than there ever was before. From some pretty snazzy lookign cheap stuff, to the real fancy expensive stuff. Just the way it should be :)

The only thing Id like would be to be able to see what a colour and texture combination would look like before application. Say I like Veda, fancy purple Veda, to see what that will look like, I'd have to have something textured in bare Veda, then have a peak with the colourator. What if I don't like it then! The Veda is already on :(

Or vice versa with colours being on before texture.

Would be cool if there was a way to marge the textiorisor and colourator, so you could play around with all the texture and colour options, before application :)

(unless there is an im just being a bit dumb) :ahh:

There are plenty of cool clothes for well under 500 peds and new planets are coming out with lots of low TT stuff. Once the population grows on those planets and there's a working economy, the MU on those items will go down.

There should definitely be a way to see color and texture combinations together before applying to clothes. The biggest cost imo is applying expensive colors/textures to something, only to find out it doesn't look right when you get it out of the colorater and then have to bleach it.

Would be nice if we had color and texture "skins" that you could apply to clothes, vehicles and armors so that if it doesn't turn out the way you wanted you could just pull them off and reuse them on other things.

Right now the only thing MA needs to do with clothing is fix the bugs. :silly2: As others of pointed out, my high priced jeans look like crap! :yup:

New clothing is good for the economy as well, so yes more and unique clothes are welcome.
Other then that, I waited 3 years before I bought my set. It was a right of passage for me. :beerchug:

No matter what clothing is going to be half dead profession always. Simply put there won't be enough demand to make it worth while. Even if most clothes would be from tt+1 to tt+100 with 1 ped tt value.

If old clothes are not made somehow obsolete (thus stimulating the need for consumerism and new clothes) its always going to be half-dead where you only need max a few able crafters to supply whole EU.

Clothing can stay the same though the equip decay is stupid. Clothes don't need large tt values... that's less being cycled.

I still want my boorum dick bow with 1% lifesteal.

Well they announced that the equip decay was likely to be removed in a future update but as that was 4-5 months ago and so far no change we can assume that's either it's been cancelled, they forgot or that splitting L and UL clothing is causing a few issues.

No matter what clothing is going to be half dead profession always. Simply put there won't be enough demand to make it worth while. Even if most clothes would be from tt+1 to tt+100 with 1 ped tt value.

If old clothes are not made somehow obsolete (thus stimulating the need for consumerism and new clothes) its always going to be half-dead where you only need max a few able crafters to supply whole EU.

And MA did help it a lot with theres 2 avatar updates because of that i lost clothes for 6800 peds and many ppl with me did also lost lots of peds.

Just Think if all Active players here lost 6800 peds its about 6800 x 5000 thats what MA fucked us on.:)

And in the process kill off the need to skill colouring and texturing professions because people won't want to have high lvl stuff applied to (L) clothing.

just make it cheaper and it will work.

Exactly my point. Much of the crafting, tailor profession is near dead just because the items last for ever and the demand for replacement/new ones are too low.

Exactly my point. Much of the crafting, tailor profession is near dead just because the items last for ever and the demand for replacement/new ones are too low.

Only solution for that is to make all clothes L and that will go over like a lead balloon. It may not be the most active profession, but someone really interested in tailoring can find enough work to do.

Well you have to remember that's mostly due to the state of the game as of lately. We just have a lot of old timers here and not many new players. If the game were to get a kick start again and more players (short time players) then all would be back to normal. I sure know that new players wouldn't like to buy limited cloths knowing they wouldn't last long.

Ok well thank you all for your thoughts on this situation. Looks like there are bigger problems with the clothes than I knew of, not owning any lol

So yeah Mind Ark hurry up and fix these bugs with the clothing! You do realise that people have paid your company a very good portion of money for you to go and give them bad service! Maybe there is something in the EULA about this matter!!! Just saying.

So it looks like imma just get around in the yellow gear I was given OR Naked like when I was first cloned...:eyecrazy:

Thank you all once again, ya'll have opened my eyes just a little more :D

Peace out
KrytoKFR.

Ok well thank you all for your thoughts on this situation. Looks like there are bigger problems with the clothes than I knew of, not owning any lol

So yeah Mind Ark hurry up and fix these bugs with the clothing! You do realise that people have paid your company a very good portion of money for you to go and give them bad service! Maybe there is something in the EULA about this matter!!! Just saying.

So it looks like imma just get around in the yellow gear I was given OR Naked like when I was first cloned...:eyecrazy:

Thank you all once again, ya'll have opened my eyes just a little more :D

Peace out
KrytoKFR.

You do that now...

I'm certain that as you continue playing the game, eventually you will find some kind of clothing that you can't take your eyes off. And that will be your "calling". :lolup:

GLHF.

Well you have to remember that's mostly due to the state of the game as of lately. We just have a lot of old timers here and not many new players. If the game were to get a kick start again and more players (short time players) then all would be back to normal. I sure know that new players wouldn't like to buy limited cloths knowing they wouldn't last long.

Not true, people only need limited amount of clothes in EU (some doesn't need any). Even if we had a high intake of new players that doesn't mean old clothes just dissapear.

The only thing Id like would be to be able to see what a colour and texture combination would look like before application. Say I like Veda, fancy purple Veda, to see what that will look like, I'd have to have something textured in bare Veda, then have a peak with the colourator. What if I don't like it then! The Veda is already on :(

Or vice versa with colours being on before texture.

Would be cool if there was a way to marge the textiorisor and colourator, so you could play around with all the texture and colour options, before application :)

(unless there is an im just being a bit dumb) :ahh:
If your dumb i'm dumb as well. And Kaz is with us too. :)
They should assemble coloring and texturizing tools into one universal tool (like they did with ore and enmat finders).

About the Tailorer(/Colorer/Texturer) profession: it's about time to introduce a multiple-repair concept alongside with L (not repairable) and UL (infinitely repairable).
Example: Coat that can be repaired 10 times. After 10th the texture will fade away and u have to texture/color it again.
Alternatively, it's not the texture that has limited repairs but coat itself. Or both. Or u can have L item with multi-repair texture on it... etc, in any combination.

Clothing can stay the same though the equip decay is stupid. Clothes don't need large tt values... that's less being cycled.

I still want my boorum dick bow with 1% lifesteal.

Clothes and housing items have high tt values because you will never TT it and get your money back as long you can get MU on it. Mindark will probably never ever have to pay back money bound into cloths and housing items.

Why not? I the item is cheap enough I could by a outfit they will last a year or more. Same thing with vehicles, today limited vehicles will last forever if you don't use them in combat. A to only really on a constant growing player base to keep up a demand will never work in the long run.

I like the clothes and feel there are levels of clothes just as there are levels of guns and armor. It's a way to stand out from the crowd.

BTW, I just got back from Toulan and have gathered enough resources to make these:

Cheers!
Sandman

I like the clothes and feel there are levels of clothes just as there are levels of guns and armor. It's a way to stand out from the crowd.

BTW, I just got back from Toulan and have gathered enough resources to make these:

Cheers!
Sandman

Nice...nice...

But one question.

What are you doing with an "(F)" attire? Isn't your avatar a male?

Unless you've set your pcf profile wrongly...by right, you shouldn't be dealing with anything that has an (F) tag to it.

(I don't suppose you've made them to sell them did you? If so, then nevermind.)

Last edited:
Why not? I the item is cheap enough I could by a outfit they will last a year or more. Same thing with vehicles, today limited vehicles will last forever if you don't use them in combat. A to only really on a constant growing player base to keep up a demand will never work in the long run.

L clothes would only suit a minority of players (those who wear only 1 set of clothes and never unequip them), and it would not work well with customized clothing. I have an L quad that's lasted forever... but you can be sure I use it a lot less than I would if it were UL.

What are you doing with an "(F)" attire? Isn't your avatar a male?

He didn't say he was wearing them :)

Back