Question: relation: CHA <-> crit rate

Falagor

Stalker
Society
NBK Rangers
Falagor Falagor Frostmaster
I just wanted to ask what is exact CHA vs actual crit rate formula.

From my tests it seems that 10/10 CHA is ~2% while with 5 accuracy enhancers (20/20 CHA) its ~4%.
I do not use not maxed weapons but i am sure that 0/10 CHA does not mean 0% crit rate but more likely 1%.

So question is what is the formula for CHA vs crit rate because its obvious that it is not linear (at least above 10/10).

Has anyone done any tests with 10 slots accuracy enhancers attached?

Falagor
:bandit:

I've always worked off the formula here

Based on that it would be expected that
CHA = 0 => crit rate = 1%
CHA = 10 (equiv to CriticalHitModifier=1) in that formula => crit rate = 2%
CHA = 20 => crit rate = 3%
CHA = 30 (10 enh) => crit rate = 4%

I appreciate that's not in line with your your data. Perhaps MA have changed things since 2007? It wouldn't be the first time. There's some relevant discussion from Doer in 2012/2013 further down the page.

Last edited:
please fix link ;).

Falagor

Ya it must be out of date. Mindforce calculation is old style.

And regarding crit rate formula from link for 20/20 would result with 2.41% crit rate which is too far from my results.

It would really help if we had some tests done with 10 slots accuracy enhancers to have border - his way we could at least have 10/10, 20/20 and 30/30 points and this gives good look of the curve ;).

Falagor

My data supports a linear progression from 0 to 2% crit hits when CHA goes from 0 to 10 and continues at the same rate increase beyond, but there's no information for CHA < 5 so it may be it doesn't go to 0% crits at 0 CHA. There's so much data in the hit ratio thread (for example see the huge data set from narfi) for 10 CHA that it's almost certainly exactly 2% of hits.

Be sure that you're measuring the crit hit ratio as a percentage of hits, not as a percentage of shots.

My data supports a linear progression from 0 to 2% crit hits when CHA goes from 0 to 10 and continues at the same rate increase beyond, but there's no information for CHA < 5 so it may be it doesn't go to 0% crits at 0 CHA. There's so much data in the hit ratio thread (for example see the huge data set from narfi) for 10 CHA that it's almost certainly exactly 2% of hits.

Be sure that you're measuring the crit hit ratio as a percentage of hits, not as a percentage of shots.

To measure crit rate i use the Entropia Tracker - seems to work pretty well and as you described ;).

Also i am more interested whats crit rate above 10/10 becasue i will never be using non maxed weapons. If you are right then with 10 accuracy enhancers it should be 6% (which would be great).

If i had weapon with 10 unlocked slots i would test it for sure (so far i have one with 5 unlocked). But mayby someone has already done it - so thats why i asked the question.

Falagor

Both of the questions raised here were addressed somewhat in the accuracy enh thread.

In particular, after looking at that again, i still think crit rate scales from 0-2% as CHA scales from 0-10 (meaning that entropedia's formula would be wrong for that) because the crit rate above 10 CHA is more consistent with that rate of increase (0.002/1 CHA) than the 0.001/1 CHA that entropedia's formula would suggest. There is also a test there with 5 accu enhancers (20 CHA) which had a 0.04 crit hit ratio.

So, it's not 100% proven but it looks as if 10 accu enhancers (30 CHA) would give a 0.06 crit hit ratio.

The reason that people have trouble believing that crit ratio starts at 0.00 (0%) is because, with just 1 professional level in (Hit) (which takes very, very little hunting), the CHA is already to 1, so in reality it's almost impossible to test at a CHA of 0 with non-SIB weapons and verify there are no crits. However, pre-SIB level, the CHA is 0, so if someone wants to pick up a SIB they aren't yet skilled enough to use and see if they get any crits, we could verify.

Also, if anyone is using a non-SIB at a Hit level <20 and has a crit ratio of < 0.01, that would be another way to verify.

Last edited:
Both of the questions raised here were addressed somewhat in the accuracy enh thread.

In particular, after looking at that again, i still think crit rate scales from 0-2% as CHA scales from 0-10 (meaning that entropedia's formula would be wrong for that) because the crit rate above 10 CHA is more consistent with that rate of increase (0.002/1 CHA) than the 0.001/1 CHA that entropedia's formula would suggest. There is also a test there with 5 accu enhancers (20 CHA) which had a 0.04 crit hit ratio.

So, it's not 100% proven but it looks as if 10 accu enhancers (30 CHA) would give a 0.06 crit hit ratio.

The reason that people have trouble believing that crit ratio starts at 0.00 (0%) is because, with just 1 professional level in (Hit) (which takes very, very little hunting), the CHA is already to 1, so in reality it's almost impossible to test at a CHA of 0 with non-SIB weapons and verify there are no crits. However, pre-SIB level, the CHA is 0, so if someone wants to pick up a SIB they aren't yet skilled enough to use and see if they get any crits, we could verify.

Also, if anyone is using a non-SIB at a Hit level <20 and has a crit ratio of < 0.01, that would be another way to verify.

Thx for posting :).

So i guess its safe to asume its 10/10 = 2%, 20/20 = 4% and 30/30 = 6%. You might be right that 0/10 = 0% but tbh this info is not important because noone sane would use it ;).

Falagor

Back