Question: Question about Kill Strike

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Do you think kill strike gets one better damage to the mob or it is just another way to help increase the damage profession ? I do see that it affects damage profession by 10% according to the chipper but does it help get higher damage per shot or both?

Why would you think it does anything other than contribute to profession level?

Having level 80 dmg in any profession BLP or laser must help with things. What sucks is how much dmg skills lag behind hit skills.

Why would you think it does anything other than contribute to profession level?

The name plus I have read about other skills that help with everything, agility and stamina for 2, but still not quite sure what they mean by help. Does it mean help in getting a higher professional level or help as in more damage or higher hit rate when killing a mob.

The name plus I have read about other skills that help with everything, agility and stamina for 2, but still not quite sure what they mean by help. Does it mean help in getting a higher professional level or help as in more damage or higher hit rate when killing a mob.

Well agility and stamina are attributes rather than skills so they are treated differently. Higher agility contributes to movement rate. Higher stamina contributes to regen (I think). Agility you can get through normal skilling activities. Stamina can only be improved by using tokens gained in missions.

"Other skills that help with everything" is a mythical thinking. It's like some African tribes that were certain babies come when women wash themselves in the river.
In 21st century we don't need mythical thinking, we can open entropiawiki.com and look it up.

Entropedia says bunch of skills makes up a profession. All the skills together = 100%, each skill in there provides a certain %.
Commando provides 3% to all Hit professions (except MF), Kill Strike 10% to all Dmg professions (except MF).
Commando also has an useful "side-effect" - every 200 levels of this skill gives +1HP, while Kill Strike doesn't have this "side effect".
That's it. Everything else u read somewhere... just forget it.

Sry, if i left an impression i'm mad at you. No, not at all.
It's just that the mythical thinking is on the offensive again. U know all those "smart guys" who have divine knowledge the weapons hitrate has been magically changed, and the proof is... no, no log files, no tests. That would be too easy, too trivial. Proof is that he has 125 AGI and he's playing since stone age.
Stone age indeed...

Just multipliers as far as any benefit. But if you see Perception gain in your chat window then you must be about to get a big loot!:D

Every skill has exactly one benefit. It contributes exactly X% to n professions.
Beside that SOME skills have an additional benefit. Each n points give 1 hp.
Attributes Contribute to professions, HP and have additional side effects

1 - Agi influence on run speed
2 - Strength influence on carried weigth without being slowed down
3 - Stamina ??? ( does it influence regen ? I have not seen proper tests yet or missed it )

So far that are the only proven effects i know of. Beside that all skills have a more or less nice description and a picture in the skills overview.

*waits for a response rant with link to proof that stamina -> regen has been nerfed*

Last edited:
MA like to use exotic names for certain skills.
But mob do not slowly die when i "Wound" it.
Mob dont stop to attack or show any evidence of stunt, shock or anything wen i "Critical Hit" it.
Mob dont die when it recive "Kill Strike"

All those skills could be easy renamed as for example modifier 1, modifier 2, ... ect.
So hit modifiers, damage modifiers, defence modifiers and other.
Add to this that skills help you to certain point, after that they are capped by item you are using.

What i wud like to see is real skill effects like those three examples i mentioned - so if mob get Kill Strike it shud die instatly.

Also wud be cool that succes, damage and hit rate depend on your skills and attributes instead that they are capped by type and quality of weapon or tool.
Same for other professions like noob paramedic heal better with MM fap than anyone with four times higher paramedic lvl and use normal crafted high lvl fap.

Stamina does not affect regeneration.

Those with a Logitech Keyboard with LCD screen (G19( shows a lot of info regarding EU, map, decay etc.))knows that health goes up exactly 4 points every 20 seconds, regardless of Stamina.

Stamina I believe just adds to health.

*waits for a response rant with link to proof that stamina -> regen has been nerfed*

You're confused. My thread (in my sig) is about how stamina ought to affect regen, and that regen has been nerfed repeatedly since 2005. Do keep your story straight please. :p

You're confused. My thread (in my sig) is about how stamina ought to affect regen, and that regen has been nerfed repeatedly since 2005. Do keep your story straight please. :p

Facts get distorted over time, given enough time they become myths.... :)

But yeah stamina didnt do anything for .... 8 years ??

You either had 9 till 2006 or 1 after that time (2007 - 2009).

Various mission chain completion allowed it to be raised afterwards. :)

Well pretty good stuff and some very funny. I was hoping for a better outcome but alias it was as I expected, the only thing they do is help increase in the various professions they affect, bummer :(.

Stamina does not affect regeneration.

Those with a Logitech Keyboard with LCD screen (G19( shows a lot of info regarding EU, map, decay etc.))knows that health goes up exactly 4 points every 20 seconds, regardless of Stamina.

Stamina I believe just adds to health.

So you start with a statement and finish with a question, about the same thing.:scratch2:

So you start with a statement and finish with a question, about the same thing.:scratch2:

It was not a question though :)
If it was a question, it would have gone like this...

Does stamina add to health? ? = question :)

I already know the answer to that.

Facts get distorted over time, given enough time they become myths.... :)

But yeah stamina didnt do anything for .... 8 years ??

You either had 9 till 2006 or 1 after that time (2007 - 2009).

Various mission chain completion allowed it to be raised afterwards. :)

Stamina did do something all the time! It gave 2hp. After 2007 or so all new avatars had 88 hp and 1 stamina instead of 90 hp and 9 stamina.

1 point stamina gives 1/9 point HP so 9 points stamina is 1 HP.

Your avatars Hp regen has been nerfed.

Your speed when running has been nerfed or the mobs are faster nowdays.

For each 1000-point of the skill kill strike your weapon gives 1 extra damige but in a way its also nerf today because most mobs heals faster nowdays.

"Other skills that help with everything" is a mythical thinking. It's like some African tribes that were certain babies come when women wash themselves in the river.
In 21st century we don't need mythical thinking, we can open entropiawiki.com and look it up.

Entropedia says bunch of skills makes up a profession. All the skills together = 100%, each skill in there provides a certain %.
Commando provides 3% to all Hit professions (except MF), Kill Strike 10% to all Dmg professions (except MF).Commando also has an useful "side-effect" - every 200 levels of this skill gives +1HP, while Kill Strike doesn't have this "side effect".
That's it. Everything else u read somewhere... just forget it.

Sry, if i left an impression i'm mad at you. No, not at all.
It's just that the mythical thinking is on the offensive again. U know all those "smart guys" who have divine knowledge the weapons hitrate has been magically changed, and the proof is... no, no log files, no tests. That would be too easy, too trivial. Proof is that he has 125 AGI and he's playing since stone age.
Stone age indeed...

MF had kill strike and when MA nerfed/chamged MF and removed Kill Strike i lost 17 damage levels.
I had lvl 107 in damage and ended with lvl 90 after that VU.
MF damage skill had another name, today is called electrokinetic.
To loose 17 lvls from 107 to 90 is wery big change and it was not even mentioned in VU.
So its good that OP or comunity question skills and skill effect every now and then because MA change things with time.

R u sure? Can anyone else confirm?
No...
U can never go higher than allowed in weapon stats. Prolly it was meant as "until your weapon is maxed"?
(Besides, 1000 points in KS might be about +1 dmg on IMK2 but not on Sollomate Outbacko)

No...
U can never go higher than allowed in weapon stats. Prolly it was meant as "until your weapon is maxed"?
(Besides, 1000 points in KS might be about +1 dmg on IMK2 but not on Sollomate Outbacko)

Fifth don't take this wrong but how do you know that ? How long have you been playing ? I am just wondering if you are getting your info from experience or from reading the forum ?

Fifth don't take this wrong but how do you know that ? How long have you been playing ? I am just wondering if you are getting your info from experience or from reading the forum ?

Well yea, i guess that's exactly the question that the guy who doesn't know about entropedia asks at some point (no offense!).
Direct question deserves a direct answer: i have 300k+ skills without chipping.

Actually, all the above is irrelevant. Wanna know how this works in EU?
It's based on thousands of tests. So many tests over the years that one person simply can't do it alone. The results of all those tests is Entropedia.
Not all data is correct in Entropedia, you have to use common sense and compare it to your own experience. The more you have it the better.

So who/where's the ultimate authority?
1. There's none.
2. Entropedia is the second closest thing.
3. Anyone can make mistakes and interpret the data taken from Entropedia incorrectly, and then other ppl will point out there's errors.

IMO, that's how it works. But maybe i'm wrong. If i'm wrong then someone will correct me. :)

Last edited:
Well yea, i guess that's exactly the question that the guy who doesn't know about entropedia asks at some point (no offense!).
Direct question deserves a direct answer: i have 300k+ skills without chipping.

Actually, all the above is irrelevant. Wanna know how this works in EU?
It's based on thousands of tests. So many tests over the years that one person simply can't do it alone. The results of all those tests is Entropedia.
Not all data is correct in Entropedia, you have to use common sense and compare it to your own experience. The more you have it the better.

So who/where's the ultimate authority?
1. There's none.
2. Entropedia is the second closest thing.
3. Anyone can make mistakes and interpret the data taken from Entropedia incorrectly, and then other ppl will point out there's errors.

IMO, that's how it works. But maybe i'm wrong. If i'm wrong then someone will correct me. :)

Hum, I do know about EP. I think all that you say makes a lot of sense and was a very good summation.

I am envious of your 300K+ skills, how did you get so many without chipping? I am around 250K and been playing since late 2007 and I did chip some at first. I am mostly a hunter how about you ?

Thanks for the reply:).

Hum, I do know about EP. I think all that you say makes a lot of sense and was a very good summation.

I am envious of your 300K+ skills, how did you get so many without chipping? I am around 250K and been playing since late 2007 and I did chip some at first. I am mostly a hunter how about you ?

Thanks for the reply:).

Fifth I am still interested in the answer to this question:).

Back